• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Community Mafia: El final

X1-12

Smash Champion
And on your other point, you couldn't be farther from the truth. I read NOTHING in mafia at face value. I read into the reasons behind making a post. Your initial post had no reason other than to buddy OS,.
lol, that just means you totally missed it.

Purple

Hi guys!
X1, sounds like you're getting pretty defensive of yourself instead of being offensive to find more scum. I mean that's cool and all, but you're just blowing hot air X_X

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Things I don't like in this post:

"*facepalm*" - this is condescending and it also dismisses Gheb's legit question as something irrelevant, which its not

"you guys" what is up with this, firstly it was only Gheb who mentioned it but not its us 'guys' who are these people?

"you guys hated synonyms." well actually that's not what he's talking about at all. he's talking about two words which are fairly different, like and love don't mean the same do they?

in like 10 words I've picked out 3 things I hate, including distracting form the topic (Scumtell), Dismissing legit questions (scumtell) and grouping people together for no reason, which I don't get at all

lol, I was pissing about before, actually READ MY POSTS....
Again, you must be the world's greatest detective.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
*facepalm*

I had no idea you guys hated synonyms.
Synonyms can be easily misconstrued, especially in a game of mafia. Out of the players in this game I expected you to know this more than anybody else except Tom and Ronike. You said it was a synonym just now but had I not mentioned it you would've never elaborated on it and you might've picked it up as a more serious point later. There was no way for me to know this except to specifically ask you so I don't see what there is to facepalm about. Ambiguoity has no place in mafia, especially since you could've avoided it easily - it's quite a leap from "I disagree" to "I find it alarming" after all.

:059:

X1-12

Smash Champion
Again, you must be the world's greatest detective.
good defence? I'm reading into what you say, I don't care if you 'mean' a different thing, its what you say that people see. as Gheb says you should know that all of what you said could be misconstrued, and even now you are just trying a waive the points against you by insulting me? it just makes you look more scummy

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Synonyms can be easily misconstrued, especially in a game of mafia. Out of the players in this game I expected you to know this more than anybody else except Tom and Ronike. You said it was a synonym just now but had I not mentioned it you would've never elaborated on it and you might've picked it up as a more serious point later. There was no way for me to know this except to specifically ask you so I don't see what there is to facepalm about. Ambiguoity has no place in mafia, especially since you could've avoided it easily - it's quite a leap from "I disagree" to "I find it alarming" after all.

:059:
Either way, allowing your statement to go by as a simple disagreement or using it as a more important point later in the game is not something that should be decided at this juncture. This is regardless my word choice. Any and all statements you make can be used as evidence later in the game; I could have replied with "Cool. Do you like penguins?" and your statement would still have the same connotations in and of itself should your future actions act in contrast to it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
good defence? I'm reading into what you say, I don't care if you 'mean' a different thing, its what you say that people see. as Gheb says you should know that all of what you said could be misconstrued, and even now you are just trying a waive the points against you by insulting me? it just makes you look more scummy
I'm not trying to "waive the points". I'm just insulting you. I'm not sure what your points are, really. You guys are approaching this like it's a children's detective game.

"Look! He capitalized all the B's in this paragraph! He must be hiding in old man Jefferson's Bee Farm!"

X1-12

Smash Champion
you're dodging again...

You're dismissing points as irrelevant and distracting from the topic, I've mentioned this several times and just dismissed it or distracted from it....

Overswarm

is laughing at you
you're dodging again...

You're dismissing points as irrelevant and distracting from the topic, I've mentioned this several times and just dismissed it or distracted from it....
That's because you haven't said anything worth addressing.

By the by, you still haven't answered my one question towards you. I'd like you to answer so I can, ya know, move on?

X1-12

Smash Champion
@OS
@Ronike, you were asking dumb things and voting me a for a ridiculous reason. you also know prove you can't tell whats a joke/what isn't and read anything more than face-value in my posts
I answered this bit to ronike, and I said earlier that me voting with swiss was 'malarky'

now back to you. I say you are dodging, avoiding and dismissing my points, and then you do what? Dismiss that exact point, what the hell

Overswarm

is laughing at you
What points of yours can I really address?

"Ah HA! You used the phrase FACEPALM. You are SCUM, sir!"

WTF am I supposed to say to that idiocy? I'm more inclined to pay you on the head and tell you to play outside. Or buy you an encyclopedia brown novel.

Tom, Clownbot, want to hear more from you.

I don't like Gordito Boy's planned in activty either.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Gordito Boy, you need to post. YOu've been online today, about half an hour ago.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
lol the hypocrytism in this post made me laugh!

If I really have to spell it out for you.

Remember what you said to Ronkie?

X1-12

Smash Champion
yeah I said I don't care whether he thinks I'm scum. I've answered all his questions, the fact he thinks he's reading into my posts when he's not. I have explained my vote for him

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
X1 you over react and insult people for making valid statements.

For example:

I feel no need to say more on the situation... BTW, nice OMGUS vote and way to ignore questioning on why.

A: If he is breadcrumbing and you're town, why would you point it out...
B: I highly doubt this is breadcrumbing anyways... No ones stupid enough to breadcrumb vig or a serial killer or a psychologist or w/e he's "breadcrumbing" let alone OS.

He asked you a legit question... Plus this is just how he plays, just like the way swiss plays is the way swiss plays.

So yeah, anyways, why'd ya vote me? And why'd you follow Swiss?

Not all that impressed by you X1, step it up or I'm callin you the play.
Which he elaborated on good examples of you being useless, and this was your response.

@Ronike, you were asking dumb things and voting me a for a ridiculous reason. you also know prove you can't tell whats a joke/what isn't and read anything more than face-value in my posts

do I look live I give a ****???? its not like you're gonna single-handedly lynch me
Also, your posts have been nothing more than useless.

Things I don't like in this post:

"*facepalm*" - this is condescending and it also dismisses Gheb's legit question as something irrelevant, which its not

"you guys" what is up with this, firstly it was only Gheb who mentioned it but not its us 'guys' who are these people?

"you guys hated synonyms." well actually that's not what he's talking about at all. he's talking about two words which are fairly different, like and love don't mean the same do they?

in like 10 words I've picked out 3 things I hate, including distracting form the topic (Scumtell), Dismissing legit questions (scumtell) and grouping people together for no reason, which I don't get at all

I rest my case.

X1-12

Smash Champion
ronike said:
I feel no need to say more on the situation... BTW, nice OMGUS vote and way to ignore questioning on why.
my answer said:
@Ronike, you were asking dumb things and voting me a for a ridiculous reason.
ronike said:
A: If he is breadcrumbing and you're town, why would you point it out...
B: I highly doubt this is breadcrumbing anyways... No ones stupid enough to breadcrumb vig or a serial killer or a psychologist or w/e he's "breadcrumbing" let alone OS.

my answer said:
you also know prove you can't tell whats a joke/what isn't and read anything more than face-value in my posts
Firstly the post he totally didn't get at the start WASN'T me buddying OS, It was letting everyone (including OS) know that I've been reading up on him and have seen him play. The fact i said 'nice breadcrumb there....' was complete sarcasm and the .... should have helped. The culmination of the two facts that I've been reading up on OS and the fact that I ... 'ed after the post should have made it pretty obvious I wasn't being serious

Not all that impressed by you X1, step it up or I'm callin you the play
I said I don't care and I still don't. He's trying to threaten me by saying he'll call me the play. I laugh at him.

How can you not see what OS is trying to do to Gheb in that post? he's pushing it as trivial saying 'we don't like synonyms' when actually gheb was saying that OS was overreacting/exxagerating

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
What. No, I don't follow in any way. Part of this is distracting from the subject and some is just wrong, lynching scum always takes priority over lynching for information. In bold again you are also acting like you know for sure he isn't scum
What about this? Your clearly misunderstanding what he has been talking about and go off on something that wasn't even implied.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
FThe fact i said 'nice breadcrumb there....' was complete sarcasm and the .... should have helped. The culmination of the two facts that I've been reading up on OS and the fact that I ... 'ed after the post should have made it pretty obvious I wasn't being serious
I for one didn't get a joking vibe from those posts. Can't speak for others.

I said I don't care and I still don't. He's trying to threaten me by saying he'll call me the play. I laugh at him.
What a terrible attitude. How about instead of keeping up your grudge against OS and going against him regardless of what he says, you look elsewhere. Arguing with one person all day doesn't get us anywhere.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Was planning on doing it while reading up regardless of how many people had suspected him.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
like gheb. like swiss AND os. think i like ronike. cant pin x1.

dislike swords. need to see more from clownbot, gordito boy.

unvote vote swords

im trying to be active. a lot of the points i wrote up were no longer valid once they had been explained. i guess i fell behind.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Why is everyone voting X1? Because he's an idiot? If that isn't your reason I need further explanation.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I don't even know anything anymore...

for the record me calling OS's 'slip' wasn't a real slip at all in my eyes, but I didn't like his reaction to what I was saying

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend

for the record me calling OS's 'slip' wasn't a real slip at all in my eyes, but I didn't like his reaction to what I was saying
I'm not liking how you're going back on all of your statements and saying "well that really wasn't what I meant."

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Today was the first day since I posted my kinda V/LA post.

Quite a bit's happened here. And I had caught up on my other mafia games.

I've really gotta read through everything before I talk about my opinion.

So I'm gonna try to read through the thread right now. But if my d*** friend boots me from his computer there's nothing I can do.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I'm making this post as I read through. It'll basically be my overall analysis of everything.

Why are you all making such a big deal about RVS?

(I read up to Gheb's 75. I'll try to read more later).

READ ON SWISS: He's messing around way too much. I mean, there's nothing wrong with being a bit silly, but there's a time and place.

READ ON OVERSWARM: Agressive much?

READ ON SWORDS: You seem to just be all over the place. I just straight up don't agree with almost anything you're saying. And the rest I just plain don't understand.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
@everyone, who is scum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1-12

I'm not liking how you're going back on all of your statements and saying "well that really wasn't what I meant."
This. I believe the term that you are looking for here is flip-flopping.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
EBWOP: The person who i was quoting there was vrael, i forgot to put the name in the quote.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Day 1 Vote Count
X1-12 (3): Ronike, Sephiroths Masamune, Clownbot
Dark Pappy Charles (2): Overswarm, Vrael
Overswarm (2): Swiss, X1-12
SwordsRbroken (2): Gheb_01, Tom
Vrael (1): GorditoBoy69

Not voting: SwordsRbroken, Dark Pappy Charles

It takes 7 out of 12 votes to lynch.

The deadline is Sunday, August 22 at 11:59:59 PM ET.

Purple

Hi guys!
X1-12 always gets caught up like this when he's town.

/meta This actually happened in Newbie 7; X1 vs Cello_Marl

Just posting to inform Kirby King that my name has been changed to Roxy, you can change this in the vote list if you want.

Swiss

Smash Lord
X1 is obv town. Ronike, Seph and Clown, y'all need to learn to play.

READ ON SWISS: He's messing around way too much. I mean, there's nothing wrong with being a bit silly, but there's a time and place.
Wanna skim anymoar? (Btw you just got owwwwwwwwwwned in Chaco mafia D: I am ALWAYS scum man *breadcrumbs town role for balance*)

Overscum, I'm still mad hatin' on you, but those replies were so loltastic (I like my medal btw, and yes we have a deal (no wai scum slip)) that I shall Unvote Vote Swords.

I forget who I pinned as scum, I read through the thread midway through a party and in retrospect I was KO'd.

Top Bottom