• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

Alopex

Smash Ace
That question was answered is so many posts, dgameman...

Instead of asking the same question 3 times because no one specifically addressed you, just read the posts that discuss it because they are highly likely to answer your question anyway.

But fine, here:
No ASL currently does not affect Lucario.
It makes Diddy's UpB recovery impossible to sweetspot from a distance.
It's not supposed to work on Ness and Lucas, but I've shown that it does. So the question is: what's going on and can we use it to our advantage?

And that custom CSS you posted is old. The same CSS is posted here on this thread and there's an updated version of it posted here too, with Zelda and Sheik instead of Zelda/Sheik and Sheik.

matt4300

Smash Ace
At some point, didn't we discuss character size mods?

I thought we came to the conclussion that it would be better to scale stages themselves up, since jumps and recoveries don't scale up with the characters.
is this code out? and if not can someone make it? i mean it seems like alot of odd codes are being made such as the shield color code.

WeirdoZ Inc.

Smash Apprentice
No, that updated CSS code is brand new. It's to be used with the new Independent Pokemon Engine code. That way selecting a Pokemon actually gets you the trainer independent version. You still had to use the Hold Shield code before.

The icon arrangement may not be new, but the code is.

Edit: Oops, that was directed at dgameman, not me, my bad.

Revven

FrankerZ
Try Snake's Ftilt on 10% hitstun and 1.1 fallspeed. Just the knee part of it, I think ya'll will hate it.

Also, I played leaf in a bunch of WiFi matches and though the delay was eating both of us alive, there were a few good matches I'm gonna put up. Wario is MAD good (even though leaf was getting eaten alive by delay), I have to say that Warioware his OWN stage, is his best stage now rather than BF like in vB. He can kill MUCH earlier and his Uair is uber good on it. He has awesome combos, I swear.

But, we really need to fix Sheik's Ftilt lock, I'm serious. It's the worse god **** thing on this planet. Leaf was able to follow my DI with it and keep Ftilting me above 50% and overall combo me like crazy. Then again, it was 10% histun, I have NO idea if this can happen in 9% but, I bet it can. We NEED to fix this if we have the space.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
Hmmm... but Lucario was still unaffected in my testing. Try as I might, it didn't work, regardless of what stage I went on.

The Mother Boys, for some reason, could do it depending on the stage. It was next to impossible to get Lucas to No ASL the right side of Yoshi's. Go to the left side and all of a sudden he No ASL's 80% of the time. Go to Lylat and it's 95%. Go to FD and he No ASL's 100% of the time.

I mean, is it just the shape of the ledge? What's the difference between the shape of right and left ledges on Yoshi's that would give way to such a deviation? Something about the stages seems to be affecting the ASL on the Mother Boys.

And yet nothing lets Lucario No ASL. I just don't know what's going on.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but don't the battle field edges operate differently for the Mother's Boys even in VB? It's just something with the stage programming...

BTW, how exactly does smaller character size improve things? I have a hard time seeing the increase edge guarding room/stage space as that significant.

matt4300

Smash Ace
hate to interupt another shiek ftilt lock disscussion but ummm.... is it difficult to fix the tiny voices for the size mod.... because i have been playing with it alot and its AMAZING i cant live without it now... soooo if its eazy then please someone for the love of god fix it!!!!

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
@rinoH: I don't think so. There doesn't seem to be much priority to change characters(except diddy's recovery).

And just what does the size mod affect? Can anyone upload a match with it on?

BEES

Smash Lord
The short hop/dash speed/fast fall speed combined code still freezes my wii when I run GeckoOS. Anything to do about it?

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Actually, I've had my wii freeze when I went over the code limit, as well.

That may be the problem here. Count your lines of code.

storm92

Smash Ace
That question was answered is so many posts, dgameman...

Instead of asking the same question 3 times because no one specifically addressed you, just read the posts that discuss it because they are highly likely to answer your question anyway.

But fine, here:
No ASL currently does not affect Lucario.
It makes Diddy's UpB recovery impossible to sweetspot from a distance.
It's not supposed to work on Ness and Lucas, but I've shown that it does. So the question is: what's going on and can we use it to our advantage?

And that custom CSS you posted is old. The same CSS is posted here on this thread and there's an updated version of it posted here too, with Zelda and Sheik instead of Zelda/Sheik and Sheik.
Actually, I'm fairly certain Lucario can never be affected, as his recovery is write protected and therefore can't be altered?

Osi

Smash Ace
When I go over 256 lines my wii black screens when I launch brawl through the homebrew channel.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Ok I just played with someone elses code set online w/e.
Ok Guys I kno where all into this and that adding stuff, but now is the time to really think about what we have and how we can improve. Shieks Ftilt is too overpowerd, the buffer and knock back dont fix this.

We need a better teching window, maybe its because of online idk but still the teching window is way too small.

Fix the jab lock stuff.
Grab releases need to be gone

kupo15

Smash Hero
We need a better teching window, maybe its because of online idk but still the teching window is way too small.
I already PMed spunit about it. I agree that teching is something stupidly hard. Its basically an arbitrary tech skill atm due to its difficulty. Melees window was forgiving yet it didn't detract from its game play.

I hope spunit makes the code

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
At some point, didn't we discuss character size mods?

I thought we came to the conclussion that it would be better to scale stages themselves up, since jumps and recoveries don't scale up with the characters.
This is actually another reason why they are great. The recovery and jumps don't scale down with the characters either which means you can actually increase Upwards gravity without nerfing anyone unfairly. This means a less floaty Brawl (1.1 upwards gravity).

The Melee levels have stupid small barriers, now that the characters are larger, and I'd argue that several other levels also have this problem (Yoshi's island for example, as DK I can just downthrow out of cargo to kill people if the platforms are up).

I'm not trying to make Brawl Melee 2.0 (as evidence, perhaps, I argue that ASL shouldn't be in Brawl+), but I do find this code very beneficial for the game. Just try it, and see if you feel the same.

Just try it before knocking it down.

With the higher upward gravity, I might modify my shorthops to .95 instead of .9

Starscream

Smash Ace
Brawl's online is trash, why would we care about how these codes affect that? That's like saying we should scrap ALC because it causes constant desynchs.

And what's with all these crazy things like changing character sizes? Seriously? Like, really?

Kix

Smash Journeyman
I already PMed spunit about it. I agree that teching is something stupidly hard. Its basically an arbitrary tech skill atm due to its difficulty. Melees window was forgiving yet it didn't detract from its game play.

You could do it farther from the ground in Melee and it like suctioned to the floor. It made the oki game feel like a bigger element in gameplay because it was.

In this game it does seem to heavily lack use.

Alopex

Smash Ace
Actually, I'm fairly certain Lucario can never be affected, as his recovery is write protected and therefore can't be altered?
Well, that was the whole point of the discussion.

Ness and Lucas are said to be write protected as well.

Yet I proved that they are indeed affected by the No ASL code. You missed the video I posted, probably, so here you go: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=2hq5jtMre8g

As you can see, the apparently write protected Mother Boys are No ASL'ing. But as you can also see, it does seem to affect them differently than the rest of the cast.

So that's the mystery. If Ness and Lucas ARE write protected, why/how was I able to pull ANY of that off? There's something going on and whatever it is might help us also make the No ASL apply to Lucario, because he actually never worked. It might also help us fix the issue with Diddy's UpB.

Really? You guys find teching difficult?

I've never had a problem with teching in Brawl+ so far. I can still tech out of G&W's Dthrow consistently, ground tech and wall tech consistently... I don't see what's difficult about it. And that's with 1 buffer.

Maybe you guys just need to spend some time learning the timing. It's a piece of cake after that...

Granted, I don't have any gravity settings turned on. But I was seeing some people complain before the gravity codes by paprika came out, so I don't think that's the problem.

The teching window feels very adequate to me.

That code is not really needed, in my opinion. Especially not if it takes up any more than 6 lines...

EDIT: I'm also curious. Are you guys saying teching is unforgiving in Brawl+ or in Brawl?
Because if you say the latter, I'm going to have to call you out on it, because high level Brawl players tech all the time without miss.
If you say the former, then I'll say "Elaborate, please".

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Did we ever figure out if we could still DI down into wall techs like in melee? That seems far more important then making the current teching window easier.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
i have an idea to fix diddy, what if we just made it so that when he hits a wall, he goes into his foot stooled animation so that he can just try again?

Finns7

Smash Ace
I not a nub brawl or brawl+ player, I kno how to tech consistently. This code is more needed than the short hop codes dash speed css double hexor codes you guys like so much. Teching in brawl+ doesnt feel as repsonsive as melee's or 64 or normal brawl. Some moves are toooo difficult to tech and with the the jab, lazer locks we need something to counter.

If we could get a better tech and techroll it would be better imo.

Top Bottom