• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

cooler1339

Smash Apprentice
I have to agree, when I used kupos codeset with faster grabs nothing glitches or sticker with falcons down throw. It made it much easier to follow the grab. I usually try to dash thinking I can but nothing happens. Throw speed was great:/.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I have to agree, when I used kupos codeset with faster grabs nothing glitches or sticker with falcons down throw. It made it much easier to follow the grab. I usually try to dash thinking I can but nothing happens. Throw speed was great:/.
Thats weird, why is that? Does bowsers dthrow deal damage?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
This may be kinda late but YAY WE HAVE OUR OWN COMMUNITY!!!!.....okay with that out of the way I want to know what is with the subliminal dissing of Muba's codeset? I happen to prefer it but with minor tweaks. It's faster than the average person can keep up with I understand but you can at least put something like "For challenge seekers" So it doesn't seem like your trying to talk people out of using it :)

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
Good thing you didn't listen to me

10nvmchars
he thanked you earlier. Plus, Giza's description was more in depth. ;)

@Goodoldganon:
Most notably to me were Link, Kirby, Samus, and Meta Knight. I mean, I think all four might've been... maybe... but it felt the same alteration overall as Sonic got. I might've been mistaken, though.

kupo15

Smash Hero
This may be kinda late but YAY WE HAVE OUR OWN COMMUNITY!!!!.....okay with that out of the way I want to know what is with the subliminal dissing of Muba's codeset? I happen to prefer it but with minor tweaks. It's faster than the average person can keep up with I understand but you can at least put something like "For challenge seekers" So it doesn't seem like your trying to talk people out of using it :)
"For challenge seekers" makes mookies and my set seem like its a wussy set which its not. And MuBa was complaining how I didn't label anything about his being faster and mine being slower so I didn't want to disappoint.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Alright, I wanna try out spunit's code, but I'm not sure what values to use, particularly the ALR and lagless edges values.

btw, Giza, the invincibility frames line doesn't work. Guys, be sure to take it out.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I see value 040 is escape. As it's listed after held, and held damage, I'd assume this is grab escape. This could be an easy fix for grab releases. Just speed up the characters that have slow grab escapes.

Awesome. This code is great spunit.

Also, I hope we can get action IDs that aren't on the list (Bowser's Up-B, Rawr!).

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
"For challenge seekers" makes mookies and my set seem like its a wussy set which its not. And MuBa was complaining how I didn't label anything about his being faster and mine being slower so I didn't want to disappoint.
:laugh: I see. Well you done a FINE! job of that if I do say so my self. Add slowed or slow motion next to yours and mookies while your at it. lol

kupo15

Smash Hero
I see value 040 is escape. As it's listed after held, and held damage, I'd assume this is grab escape. This could be an easy fix for grab releases. Just speed up the characters that have slow grab escapes.

Awesome. This code is great spunit.

Also, I hope we can get action IDs that aren't on the list (Bowser's Up-B, Rawr!).
you can try filling in the blanks using the action mod

We can also use the debugger to find out how many frames the grab releases are

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
Isn't this what the grab release code was way back when?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Kupo, I think the frames for grab breaks are already known. If I remember correctly, Lucas/Ness's are 40, while most characters are 30 frames (DK breaks out in 20, I believe).

So speed up their grab breaks 1.333x and they should be at 30 frames.

Edit:

If the value is indeed the action I hope it is, and my frame data was right, then this code should put Ness and Lucas back on par with the rest of the cast. Just add it to the speed modifier code. Testing anyone?

1A000040 3FAAAAA7
0A000040 3FAAAAA7

Double Edit:

Plasmatorture, no, the old grab release codes just swapped the break out animation with a different one. Not an ideal solution. This was agreed to be the best way to do it, we just didn't have the code yet.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Code:
Ganon Jab Code, by Giza
065A9400 00000030
FF000018 ARIALLAG
FF000074 LEDGELAG
FF00000A JUMPSTAR
FF000075 LEDGEINV 
FF000061 UKEMROLL
14000024 40000000
Is that the code to speed Ganon's jab up, or it that our guess or something?

The Cape

Smash Master
The momentum code.

I was informed that it was something like this:
In vBrawl the code is basically written as when you go into the air, change momentum to 0.
The Air Momentum code made it now say:
When you go into the air, do nothing.

What I think we should do, is change the original value from going to 0 to going to 20. This should allow for enough increased momentum to help things without the crazy crap we have been running into.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Yeah thats what I was thinking. It basically removes the flag that tells you to stop momentum after a jump, but a raw air speed code would be much more flexible imo.

Edit: I was thinking instead of say 20 or whatever value, we could do something like original air speed multiplied by dash speed and then go from there lol.

cooler1339

Smash Apprentice
When I jump off the ledge with sonic he doesn't reach the mag glass(even with F.air). Was this already fixed?

or was this only on walkoffs?

cooler1339

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I see now. Other than that it seems great, I think falcons air speed is fine if his short hop is lowered like the official set. The walkoff speed is indeed too much though.

Osi

Smash Ace
The momentum code.

I was informed that it was something like this:
In vBrawl the code is basically written as when you go into the air, change momentum to 0.
The Air Momentum code made it now say:
When you go into the air, do nothing.

What I think we should do, is change the original value from going to 0 to going to 20. This should allow for enough increased momentum to help things without the crazy crap we have been running into.
I would love it if we can change the flag back on to change momentum down, but maybe only 10-20% like you said. The would leave us with 80-90% of the current momentum from the code, and I think recoveries would be no large issue after run offs with that setting. Right now it is a bit much.

The edge run off momentum really adds some pace to the platform aspects of brawl+.

cooler1339

Smash Apprentice
Yeah if 10-20% is removed I think the walk offs will be fine. This feels like smash brothers again! all we need is to put this all together and we got a real game :).

storm92

Smash Ace
Yeah if 10-20% is removed I think the walk offs will be fine. This feels like smash brothers again! all we need is to put this all together and we got a real game :).
Eh, possibly a bit more, like 30%.
Right now it just makes it bad to go off and edgeguard someone below you.
But I do want to maintain a good amount, because it does make the game a lot quicker with platform and kind of acts as a pseudo-waveland.

I really love the quasi-wavebouncing as well, such as Fox's SHRDL.
So amazing.

cooler1339

Smash Apprentice
I would actually like to keep all the speed if just the walk offs slowed down. I feel like a freaking missile just kneeing peoples eyes out with falcon.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Is that the code to speed Ganon's jab up, or it that our guess or something?
Don't give me credit. I just put in some values.

Code:
Frame Speed Mod Data [Phantom Wings, spunit262]
065A9400 00000038
FF000018 40000000
FF000074 40800000
FF00000A 3F800000
FF000061 3FC00000
FF000040 3FAA9FBE
FF000041 3FAA9FBE
14000024 40000000
Has Ganondorf's Jabs, fixes grab releases, halves aerial lag, lagless edges

GPDP

Smash Ace
Will that code interfere with other instances of lagless edges and ALR present in the beta codeset? How would I go about making sure I'm not compounding values?

Team Giza

Smash Lord
It would I think. Eventually I think we will replace the old codes with these. But here is the code without them.

Code:
Frame Speed Mod Data [Phantom Wings, spunit262]
065A9400 00000020
FF000061 3FC00000
FF000040 3FAA9FBE
FF000041 3FAA9FBE
14000024 40000000

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
@Momentum code

Really guys? You do realize that with even a tiny bit of walk off speed, some characters lose the ability to instant edgehog right? Not only that, but I thought the point of running off of a platform...was to get off the platform. Normally, if you're trying to run off a platform, the opponent is in a position lower than you (most likely under you or you would just drop through the platform instead) and you want to get down quickly or you want to get lower than them quickly for a positioning advantage. How is this momentum helping you in any way?

If you want to move quickly through the air, is it too much to ask that you simply shorthop from your dash, that way I still have the option of running off platforms and hitting the guy underneath them, as well as my instant edgehogging, close to stage edgeguards, ect.

As for off the edge game...just jump! It's not that hard. You run, you jump, you go flying off the stage with dash momentum.

As for the momentum code itself...I think it should work more like this.
1. retain full dash speed when you jump
2.Decelerate over time to your character's individual air speed (or accelerate in the rare case that your dash speed is lower than your max air speed)
3.????
4 Profit!

That's exactly how it worked in melee and it worked really well.

Sorry for the rant. It's just that it's quite obvious that by having just jumping momentum we would have more options and thus more control. If we wanted to dive off the stage and reach really far away, we could dash and jump. If we needed to just grab the edge really quick, we could just dash, fast fall, and hold back (instant edgehog). If we wanted some edgeguarding relatively close to the stage, we could dash off the stage. All of these options are relatively fast and cover a lot of situations, but the second and third options are just plain removed with the sliding off platform momentum.

As for the platform game itself, as much as I'd like to see Captain Falcon run off one platform and Knee the guy who's standing under the other platform, I would much rather be able to quickly navigate amongst the platforms of my choosing. I could dash off and second jump onto an upper platform, dash and SH to the other platform, dash and SH and hold down to go through said platform, dash off and fast fall to reach the ground quickly, dash off and second jump back onto that same platform, ect.

The platform sliding mechanic does have it's pros, but I believe the cons far outweigh any benefits.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I am guessing we don't need Almas' SH FF DD merger anymore seeing how spunits merger is longer than before with fewer variables.

But wait, where would I get the DD and FF mods without that code? That code would double the ARL and Lagless ledges if used

Top Bottom