• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Coney's Indianapolis Carpool!!! [PREPARATIONS ARE BEGINNING; POST IN THIS THREAD!]

ChuDat

Smash Master
I think we should all ride up there together, if possible. MD/VA should roll into the midwest as a unit. We will go there, ****, and get out.

We can find a place (that we all agree on) to meet up at. I suggest my place since I believe it is on the way to the Midwest. Yosters place is another location that we could meet at. Let me know what you think Coney. Obviously, if this can't work out, then we'll have to go our separate ways.

$75 is more than fair. Gas can get expensive when traveling out of state, not to mention that we are getting a hotel for TWO nights. Most people spent about $50 for a night for Pound 4 (which is ****ing ridiculous I think. If people searched around, they could have spent about $10 a night like I did.)

Anyway, good **** Coney for organizing this.

-----------------------

Ally - You're confirmed man. I believe Coney said that we will be driving up on Friday, February 19th in the morning. We will be leaving around 11 AM or so. Does this sound good with you? Also, if there is another tournament on Saturday, I'll make sure we get there.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I think we should all ride up there together, if possible. MD/VA should roll into the midwest as a unit. We will go there, ****, and get out.

We can find a place (that we all agree on) to meet up at. I suggest my place since I believe it is on the way to the Midwest. Yosters place is another location that we could meet at. Let me know what you think Coney. Obviously, if this can't work out, then we'll have to go our separate ways.

$75 is more than fair. Gas can get expensive when traveling out of state, not to mention that we are getting a hotel for TWO nights. Most people spent about $50 for a night for Pound 4 (which is ****ing ridiculous I think. If people searched around, they could have spent about $10 a night like I did.)

Anyway, good **** Coney for organizing this.

-----------------------

Ally - You're confirmed man. I believe Coney said that we will be driving up on Friday, February 19th in the morning. We will be leaving around 11 AM or so. Does this sound good with you? Also, if there is another tournament on Saturday, I'll make sure we get there.
its in Illinois, Withrop Harbor or some ****, lol 1 hour 30 mins away from Chicago.

Aposl

Smash Ace
im going to try to convince gimr to take our car up as well, I want as much of md va repping this as possible, so we will see what I can do. If it is not necessary, then I wont, we will c what occurs.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I've been to the Midwest already...Our top players will **** theres

/meatride

o you might wanna watch out for lain tho he's tough...or im just not patient..one or the other.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I really really wish I had the funds to go to this and help lol

Good luck to everyone going

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
If people need to ride with yoster hit him up:

301-928-5865

The Cook: are you still able to bring people to this?

ChuDat

Smash Master
God-Is-My-Rock/Aposl - You guys should really get this thing organized if you want MD/VA + Ally to go. Talk to Yoster and put people in his car. Let him know who he is going to be driving. Also, PM everyone that is going and let them know to post in here or something.

As for me, after the discussion I had with Aposl yesterday, I believe I should be going to Indianapolis.

I'll be in Yosters car.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Everyone we know of who wants to go has been contacted

theCook

Smash Cadet
BREAKING NEWS:

Because of the ****ing "North Eastern Apocalypse", I don't have the money atm to get to Indianapolis.

I am truly sorry for anyone this effects.

Cook

ChuDat

Smash Master
So wait, anybody playing Melee on Sat? I do want to ride there but I also want to get to the Illinois Tournament sat. I'd team with Chu Dat if he wanted for both :p.
LMFAO Done deal. I am going to this tournament, ay.

GIMR - I'll be helping u guys organize this. Is there anything I can do to help out atm?

ChuDat

Smash Master
I just spoke with Ally and I got some good plans. Assuming that none of us play melee (well, I do obviously), we will be going to an Illinois tournament on Saturday, and then GIMRS Indianapolis tournament on Sunday.

Remember, this is assuming that everyone is ok with this plan. This is ALSO ASSUMING that the IL tournament will have Brawl on Saturday and VGBOOTCAMP will have Brawl on Sunday.

Here's the thread for the Illinois tournament -

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252368

I'll be riding in Yosters car so I will be speaking with him about this. Coney, you may choose to come with us. Just let us know.

Ally found Yosters car housing for Friday night. He'll be posting the address sometime tomorrow.

Yoster, what do u think of this man? I'll call u up tomorrow and we'll talk more about it.

Coney

Smash Master
WAAAAAIT wait wait

didn't realize brawl was on sunday

if so, we should leave on saturday morning. i refuse to drive after a brawl tourney on sunday night 10 hours back, and i really don't wanna pay for three nights at the hotel.

so we should get together at danny's on friday i guess!

everyone coming, come the **** on and post in here >:[

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
even though i don't play melee i still like to watch it...so like if you don't go on friday i think i will still have to go...it all depends on Reset/L_cancel but im still going regardless...i think danny can't go anymore tho

TheYoster

Smash Journeyman
Chu the trip would end up being twice as long and twice the gas. So instead of $65 in gas, I'll need $130 each from you and ally.

BMX

Smash Lord
Naw, man. Melee is fun to watch, but the trip will be too expensive.

I'll be at Sassy's on Friday, then.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
how is it twice as long lol? its 3 hours -4 hours max away from Indiana. Isnt like 7-8 hours?well fine here, if you can drop me at Indianapolis' bus station. I'm going to go from there to Chicago and I'll getp icked up from there and I'll probably get a ride to Indianapolis.

Coney

Smash Master
i don't have the money to reserve the room myself; danny can't make it, apparently, and the hotel deal ends tonight. on top of all that, with the realization that brawl is on sunday instead of saturday, i feel that'd shift over a lot of people that said they were going into the actually-not-going category.

unless something happens and we get a room for saturday and sunday night, and my car still has four other people, i guess i'm out.

ChuDat

Smash Master
I hope Yoster will still go. cuz I bought my tickets and I'ma be upset if I can't get to Indianapolis atleast.
Yoster said he won't be driving anymore.

However, don't worry Ally. Since u bought ur ticket, I will make sure we get to Illinois/Indianapolis. I have some other people that might be willing to drive, I'll have to speak with them though. I'll have an answer by tomorrow.

LETS ORGANIZE THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!

So far we have -

1. Coney
2. ChuDat
3. Ally
4. BMX
5. P~S
6. Boss
7. TKO

I know P~S will be going separately with GIMR and Aposl.
I have no idea what Boss and TKO are doing lolz.
I assume BMX will be going in Coneys car.

Coney - Would you mind driving Ally and I? Ally already bought his bus ticket down here. I'll be picking him up from the Bus station. You said you want people to meet at Dannys place? I can definitely meet at Dannys place.

The thing is though, we would like to go on Friday. THERE IS A PLUS SIDE TO THIS THOUGH! We will be getting housed for free, so we won't have to spend any money for a hotel (Thanks to Ally). This will make things much cheaper for all of us. ALSO, instead having to drive 10+ hours to get to Indianapolis, we would already be in Illinois so the drive would be much easier for all of us. Keep in mind, I can be a secondary driver if needed.

Let me know what u think, Coney. If there is anything at all that I can do to make your trip more comfortable, just let me know.

Also Coney, who else is confirmed for your car?

BMX

Smash Lord
Chu, if it's possible, can I meet you at your place in Arlington early Friday morning and get the ride to Sassy's then to Illinois/Indianapolis?

It seems it'll be the closest I can get to since I work Thursday night.

Coney

Smash Master
honestly, i was perfectly fine with leaving on friday all along, i have no plans, it's just i didn't wanna pay for an extra night in a hotel. if we get free housing, then that's just the bee's knees. and i'd be cool hanging around a brawl tourney, if BMX goes we can team or something

i really like the above setup, i'm perfectly fine with driving you and ally, so long as we're of the understanding that i intend to bring you guys back the same way, i've heard people get ditched out sometimes, don't want that happening...not saying that you guys would, just want to be sure that if i drive you guys up to IN from your place, i'll expect to take you back to your place, you know? @_@

but yeah, i can definitely drive you two. about BMX, i'm not sure. can you guys come up and stay somewhere up here? or can we meet at my house the day of, and i'll drive us up? i only ask because it'd suck to drive two hours down to VA to pick y'all up and then just drive north again.

anyway, i'm perfectly cool with leaving friday morning, so long as you guys are cool with leaving there monday morning and getting back that night.

alternatively,

if ally's gonna be at your house thursday night, chu, i can pick up BMX and come to you guys i guess. like i said, kinda sucks, but i think it'll be okay.

by the way, if it's just us four, i calculated gas costs, will be $120 for both ways, so it'd be $30 a person, not bad considering we're not paying for housing!

TKO is doing his own thing i'm pretty sure, so don't worry about him. if we get boss AND BMX in on this, with a car full of five people, gas costs are down a bit more

oh and thanks chu for coming out of the woodwork on this one, was literally about to just drive alone, hahah

will look forward to all of you guys replying!

Top Bottom