• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Coney's Indianapolis Carpool!!! [PREPARATIONS ARE BEGINNING; POST IN THIS THREAD!]

BMX

Smash Lord
honestly, i was perfectly fine with leaving on friday all along, i have no plans, it's just i didn't wanna pay for an extra night in a hotel. if we get free housing, then that's just the bee's knees. and i'd be cool hanging around a brawl tourney, if BMX goes we can team or something

i really like the above setup, i'm perfectly fine with driving you and ally, so long as we're of the understanding that i intend to bring you guys back the same way, i've heard people get ditched out sometimes, don't want that happening...not saying that you guys would, just want to be sure that if i drive you guys up to IN from your place, i'll expect to take you back to your place, you know? @_@

but yeah, i can definitely drive you two. about BMX, i'm not sure. can you guys come up and stay somewhere up here? or can we meet at my house the day of, and i'll drive us up? i only ask because it'd suck to drive two hours down to VA to pick y'all up and then just drive north again.

anyway, i'm perfectly cool with leaving friday morning, so long as you guys are cool with leaving there monday morning and getting back that night.

alternatively,

if ally's gonna be at your house thursday night, chu, i can pick up BMX and come to you guys i guess. like i said, kinda sucks, but i think it'll be okay.

by the way, if it's just us four, i calculated gas costs, will be $120 for both ways, so it'd be $30 a person, not bad considering we're not paying for housing!

oh and thanks chu for coming out of the woodwork on this one, was literally about to just drive alone, hahah
Sweet, everything was salvaged. So happy. ^_^

Coney, we can team for this if you're up for it.

Should be alot of fun, road trips are sweet.

Sure thing man.
Sweet, Chu. Can you PM your number so I can contact you?

Wait, so do I go to Chu's or does Coney come here?

Coney

Smash Master
wow, that was quick!

so we'll just agree to be at sassy's on friday morning somehow, and i'll drive up from there? we good?

lol i don't even know if sassy knows about this @_@

ChuDat

Smash Master
honestly, i was perfectly fine with leaving on friday all along, i have no plans, it's just i didn't wanna pay for an extra night in a hotel. if we get free housing, then that's just the bee's knees. and i'd be cool hanging around a brawl tourney, if BMX goes we can team or something

i really like the above setup, i'm perfectly fine with driving you and ally, so long as we're of the understanding that i intend to bring you guys back the same way, you know what i mean? i've heard people get ditched out sometimes, don't want that happening @_@

but yeah, i can definitely drive you two. about BMX, i'm not sure. can you guys come up and stay somewhere up here? or can we meet at my house the day of, and i'll drive us up? i only ask because it'd suck to drive two hours down to VA to pick y'all up and then just drive north again.

anyway, i'm perfectly cool with leaving friday morning, so long as you guys are cool with leaving there monday morning and getting back that night.

alternatively,

if ally's gonna be at your house thursday night, chu, i can pick up BMX and come to you guys i guess. like i said, kinda sucks, but i think it'll be okay.

by the way, if it's just us four, i calculated gas costs, will be $120 for both ways, so it'd be $30 a person, not bad considering we're not paying for housing!
GOOD ****ING **** CONEY!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE GOING TO ILLINOIS/INDIANAPOLIS!!!!!!!

YAYUHHHHHZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

There's a BIG PROBLEM with this though.....
I have a Business Statistics Test on Monday morning.... I have class all day pretty much on Monday as well.

I'll be speaking with my professors on Wednesday, though it would be cool if we could leave Sunday night RIGHT AFTER the tournament, just in case my professors decide to not give a **** about my situation lolz. If you go to college, u will know what I mean.

Also, we wouldn't have to spend money on a Hotel for Sunday night (Ally only got us free housing for Friday night and Saturday night). Coney, I can start out driving on Sunday night since I know everyone else will be tired. What do u think? Is there any other way we can work this out? This is the last thing that I need to work out. Once I get this out of the way, WE ARE GOOD TO GO!!!

Coney

Smash Master
There's a BIG PROBLEM with this though.....
I have a Business Statistics Test on Monday morning.... I have class all day pretty much on Monday as well.

I'll be speaking with my professors on Wednesday, though it would be cool if we could leave Sunday night RIGHT AFTER the tournament, just in case my professors decide to not give a **** about my situation lolz. If you go to college, u will know what I mean.

Also, we wouldn't have to spend money on a Hotel for Sunday night (Ally only got us free housing for Friday night and Saturday night). Coney, I can start out driving on Sunday night since I know everyone else will be tired. What do u think? Is there any other way we can work this out? This is the last thing that I need to work out. Once I get this out of the way, WE ARE GOOD TO GO!!!
urgh, that is a really big issue...only because i'm wary of letting anyone else drive my car (since it's not really mine, it's my dad's, mine is too little to fit people comfortably) and i'm always exhausted after a tourney. i really like night driving though, so how about we make a compromise that immediately after the tourney i drive as much as i can, then when i tucker out you can take the wheel for the rest of the drive. maybe we can stop for energy drinks or something.

is there, like, something we can sign that makes you liable for any damages incurred in case we wreck or something though? again, nothing against you personally, i'm just fearful, LOL @_@

ChuDat

Smash Master
urgh, that is a really big issue...only because i'm wary of letting anyone else drive my car (since it's not really mine, it's my dad's, mine is too little to fit people comfortably) and i'm always exhausted after a tourney. i really like night driving though, so how about we make a compromise that immediately after the tourney i drive as much as i can, then when i tucker out you can take the wheel for the rest of the drive. maybe we can stop for energy drinks or something.

is there, like, something we can sign that makes you liable for any damages incurred in case we wreck or something though? again, nothing against you personally, i'm just fearful, LOL @_@
Sure. I'll sign any documents that u want me to sign. Thankz Coney

But yeah, I'm going to try and talk to my professors on Wednesday so that I can change my test date so that we can stay an extra day.

LETZ DO THIS!

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
GRRRRR work makin me mad. Chris is my last hope. ;x
I don't want to ask him though :(.

Coney

Smash Master
the current carpool is me, BMX, chu, ally.

if ONE MORE PERSON can confirm, they'll get the spot. i hear a lot of "maybes" and "probablys" but no definite answers.

if someone can make a definite effort to be AT sassy's on thursday night/friday morning, or get picked up by chu or something, SAY SO AND RESERVE YOUR SPOT

it's probably going to be $40 for gas, that includes both ways. probably a bit more since we are going to IL and IN, so let's just assume $50 a person and have a little extra, deal?

first person to confirm they can be at sassy's and can pay gets the spot.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
the current carpool is me, BMX, chu, ally.

if ONE MORE PERSON can confirm, they'll get the spot. i hear a lot of "maybes" and "probablys" but no definite answers.

if someone can make a definite effort to be AT sassy's on thursday night/friday morning, or get picked up by chu or something, SAY SO AND RESERVE YOUR SPOT

it's probably going to be $40 for gas, that includes both ways. probably a bit more since we are going to IL and IN, so let's just assume $50 a person and have a little extra, deal?

first person to confirm they can be at sassy's and can pay gets the spot.
wait, lol what's going on, I'm not in Aposl car anymore??? I dont get it. Coney IM allyornotally on aim plz

Coney

Smash Master
WAIT WAIT WAIT WHAT

okay, new plan:

ally, you go with the original plan, and just go with aposl, okay?

chu, you still come up to sassy's on friday morning, bring BMX. apparently boss and K9 are wanting to come to, so if you can drive them up too, that's good.

this is because ally arrives at 12:45pm in VA on friday. i'm quite honestly unwilling to start driving to illinois at 1:45 at the earliest, and get there 13 hours later at 5 AM to have a tourney the next day.

just let ally go with aposl, as he planned, and i'll worry about chu/boss/bmx/k9. can we do this?

Coney

Smash Master
we can meet up with ally and still get that free housing at the tournament or in illinois, or he can tell us where to go, but if his original plan was to go with aposl anyway and he's not getting into VA until 12:45, there is a BIG ISSUE there. just have him go with matt like he was supposed to, they probably had all that planned out anyway.

so the NEW PLAN:

ally is cut from our carpool, will ride with aposl and meet us at the housing
chu come to sassy's friday morning/thursday night
pick up BMX, boss (maybe), k-9 (maybe) on the way
get to sassy's
go to illinois
meet up with ally somewhere for housing

are we set?

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Ok so everyone we have:

GIMR
Aposl
Hat
P~S
Coney
Chu
Ally
Neo
Bmx
Boss(Maybe)
K-9(Maybe)
Korn(Maybe)
TKO

If I missed someone tell me

Uhaul: GIMR, Hat, P~S

Aposl's Car: Aposl, Neo, Chu, Ally, 1 open spot

Coney's Car: Coney, BMX, TKO?, Boss?, K-9?

ChuDat

Smash Master
Coney, are u gonna be cool if u don't get free housing anymore? Apparently Ally and I are supposed to go with GIMR and Aposl now.

If u aren't cool with it, u should definitely talk to GIMR about it.

But if you are, then we are good to go. :chuckle:

AllyKnight

Coney, are u gonna be cool if u don't get free housing anymore? Apparently Ally and I are supposed to go with GIMR and Aposl now.

If u aren't cool with it, u should definitely talk to GIMR about it.

But if you are, then we are good to go. :chuckle:
No, not even housing for money, Unless I talk to em and they tell me it's fine, you just don't have housing.

ChuDat

Smash Master
I have no idea whats going on here.
LMAO well, this situation just got really complicated.

Apparently, Ally and I are going with GIMR and Aposl now.

That is going to screw over Coneys whole car since they won't be getting free housing anymore, meaning they are going to have to pay for a hotel, this includes u bmx.

Coney, plz talk to Gimr and Aposl and get this situation taken care of AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!.

BMX

Smash Lord
For a hotel, we should have enough for a 2 nighter.

Coney, plox fix this. I really wanna go.

I have cash.

Edit: Boss is my <3.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Look, the best thing to do is to have people stay at the hotel Friday Night and leave early in the morning to go to Illinois. Our hotel has already been payed for so I don't see what the problem is. The question is, could we fit all of those people in the room?

AllyKnight

Like I Said THE BEST situation WAS.

Me Chu Coney Bmx and... whoever else if there is, GOING to IL and get Housed by MENEIL (or Akashi) if I ask em. 2 things good by that is, SAVING up money for Coney's car + Practice with Chu (hes my partner) and housing 40 MINS from the venue. now I don't see all the **** going up with me and chu needing to go to Aposl's car. This is the BEST solution.

HAT

Smash Ace
Look, the best thing to do is to have people stay at the hotel Friday Night and leave early in the morning to go to Illinois. Our hotel has already been payed for so I don't see what the problem is. The question is, could we fit all of those people in the room?
hmm..

i usually expect you to be wrong calvin

but this time he's right

check it out(link)

so it would be wise to prepare to drive early the next morning

edit -- the mapquest is to prove that illinois is farther than indianapolis.

the illinois venue is actually more like 2 hours away from the indiana venue, though

Coney

Smash Master
anything is cool with me guys, i just need some kind of housing. i've tried to organize this and things got worked around, i'm gonna step down as a leader and step up as a general.

i can drive five people. any five people. so long as i get some kind of housing (preferably free), and they can help me with gas both there and the way back. that's all i need.

also ally the reason i had a problem with taking you is because i was quite honestly unaware that you were only getting to VA at 12:45. not your fault obviously, but i'll be ****ed if i'm going to drive ~13 hours to an IL tournament just to get there at roughly 5 AM and be expected to perform the next day.

i like GIMR's solution. i am honestly ready and willing to sleep in the car.

all that i'm asking is that WHOEVER IS COMING WITH ME, that means EVERYONE THAT IS COMING WITH ME IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM find a way to sassy's house on thursday night or friday morning. PREFERABLY THURSDAY NIGHT, so we can leave straightaway the next day.

i'm not trying to be rude, i'm just trying to make this clear:

IF YOU WANT TO COME WITH ME, AND YOU ARE GOING TO STAY AT SASSY'S THE NIGHT BEFORE, TELL ME SO NOW, SO MY CAR ISN'T OVERBOOKED.

if you need to talk, reach me here:

(443) 517-3932

BMX

Smash Lord
anything is cool with me guys, i just need some kind of housing. i've tried to organize this and things got worked around, i'm gonna step down as a leader and step up as a general.

i can drive five people. any five people. so long as i get some kind of housing (preferably free), and they can help me with gas both there and the way back. that's all i need.

also ally the reason i had a problem with taking you is because i was quite honestly unaware that you were only getting to VA at 12:45. not your fault obviously, but i'll be ****ed if i'm going to drive ~13 hours to an IL tournament just to get there at roughly 5 AM and be expected to perform the next day.

i like GIMR's solution. i am honestly ready and willing to sleep in the car.
I cuddles with Kendra.

AllyKnight

Alright, I got effin mad at this situation, and someone had to do something with this ****

Coney's car:

CONEY, CHU, BMX, ME (ALLY) and BOSS I THINK (he has to confirm). WE ARE GOING To go to IL, and GET HOUSING IN IL 40 MINS from the Sat Tourney venue with Meneil (Which I have to contact now)

That's it. we got ours, I'm tired of this stupid confusing trip.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Alright, I got effin mad at this situation, and someone had to do something with this ****

Coney's car:

CONEY, CHU, BMX, ME (ALLY) and BOSS I THINK (he has to confirm). WE ARE GOING To go to IL, and GET HOUSING IN IL 40 MINS from the Sat Tourney venue with Meneil (Which I have to contact now)

Coney doesn't want to go to Illinois though due to lack of sleep. What's wrong with sleeping at the Indy hotel and waking up early in the morning? Can you imagine getting there at 5 or 6 am? That's a long haul.

THIS IS WHAT WE'RE GOING TO DO

Thursday Night

-Everyone, and I mean everyone ,who doesn't have early Friday Morning Duties will get a ride to Sassy's and if they're smart will sleep in.

Friday

7:00 A.M.

Early Friday morning, Hat, GIMR, and Aposl(and anyone else who can help out) will go to the U-Haul and U-Storage to get all needed equipment. Once we're done we'll meet at Sassy's with U-haul and car.

1:00 P.M.

Chudat will leave to pick up Ally

1:30 P.M.

Aposl leaves to pick PS up from work, he get's off at 2

3:00 P.M. at the latest! I'm trying to get PS off work an hour early so we can make it 2:00PM

We leave all together for Indy

U-Haul will have: GIMR, Hat, and P~S

Aposl's car: Aposl, Neo, Chudat, Ally, and one open spot

Coney's Car: Coney, BMX, Boss, K-9, TKO or whoever actually makes it

Since We're all leaving together it shouldn't really matter who is in who's car but everyone still need to pay the correct amount of gas(except for those few exceptions, you know who you are). I'm Trying to get PS off of work earlier so we can leave around 2PM

The Uhaul will be in front of the pack with a GPS due to the fact that it is so big it will be easy to follow

Here's the map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou....571822,-81.518555&spn=4.953312,13.392334&z=7

1:00 AM or 2:00 AM Latest, we check in and sleep!

Saturday

5:45 A.M. Pump Drivers with Energy Drinks

Wake up, eat breakfast and get to your cars and go.

Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou....459195,-86.099854&spn=4.815954,13.392334&z=7

10:30A.M.

Arrive at Illinois tourney and sign up. I'm trying to get Seagull let me borrow his Car TV so you guys can practice on the way up

While at the tourney you guys try to finish as soon as possible so you can leave on time.

11:00 P.M.

Leave Tournament and come back

3:30 A.M.

Get back and sleep

Sunday

9:15 A.M.

Wake up, eat and ride to Indy tourney(5 min ride)

Alright guys Let's DO THIS and HAVE FUN!!!

Coney quote this in your first post

Phone Numbers(Everyone give your telephone so anyone can contact anyone just in case something bad goes down)

Code:
GIMR: 443-370-2042

Aposl: 410-446-6546

Hat: 443-615-0182

P~S:  240-216-2053

Coney: 443-517-3932

Sassy: 301-641-7187

K-9: 571-201-4871

Boss: 703-786-4168

Bring your sleeping bag or comforter for the Econo Lodge, We'll put it in back of the U-Haul so it won't fill up cars

AllyKnight

Heh, me and coney already set up something. we're not changing anything and we're leaving much earlier than 2pm. you guys didn't look clear. I already asked for housing in IL and it has been confirmed to me.

Unless CONEY really changes his mind about what we talked about tonight (Which I doN,t see why haha) I'm not going to swtich and switch again. Night and busing tomorrow to VA.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion

Coney's car:

no one is going to drive ti IL from md in one day, coney and gimr aposl have already stated this

AllyKnight

no one is going to drive ti IL from md in one day, coney and gimr aposl have already stated this

Which is why I'm getting there earlier.

W-e I'm going to bed and I think coney's fine with what I suggested. you guys should be also fine and that sponsor thingy I don't need it at all, esp not right now. I thought it was a deal or no ride. Aightn ighty.

Top Bottom