• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CT4 Canada RESULTS

Konkey Dong

Smash Journeyman
MikeMonkey, SHWN, FastFox, Steve, Nitro-Blazer, xpiritflare, Dev, NoobKing, Blunted_Object - Where the hell were you? No johns.

wtffffffff are u talking about man, we versed in teams remember. and shwn was also there with his gf! i expect a written apology on my desk monday morning.

Tyson
i saw you sneaking around, watching jrod and i play teams. you're more like snake than you could ever imagine. TOO BAD SNAKE DIES AT THE END OF MGS4.

Dan/Superboom
game and watch is the cheapest character, all his moves come out so fast and i HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU'VE DONE! melee singles would have been awesome, but i don't think i would own that.

Stu/Magnum
i still remember the big smile on your face when you and kithkin knocked jrod and i into losers bracket. i remember all the smack talk and overconfident mannerisms that emanated from your body. it was the happiest moment of your life. but...as it seems with all of your accomplishments lately, you let it get to your head and lost sight of the dream. i vowed to destroy you if we were to meet again in loser's bracket, and as fate would have it, we did. the results speak for themselves and i hope you learned your lesson.

Kithkin
i admire your courage for bringing your girlfriend to a smash event.

VagrantLibertine
i admire your courage for posting that video and attending the event.

Spin-Dash
not gonna lie, some of the things you say make me lol for allll the wrong reasons. keep attending tournaments.

Shwn
i can still see it in your eyes. there's something missing in your life, but i don't know what it is! we should talk. i only mention it cuz we're friends and i care about you!

Randall
reading your post made me start messing around with the font options. i kinda wish we coulda shown u some more fun after the tourney! but thanks for tagging along and putting up with us anyways. at least now u know about the dark world that is aarons house! brawl does suck and you are always welcome here!

Carl/FalseFalco
sorry for playing all those matches with dan and keeping you late. melee is just a fun game and i don't get to play with you or dan that often! i dunno how you keep putting up with hosting and all that, but you do so props to my boy carl! you deserve to get laid pretty soon, cuz that's how karma works and i know you're dying for it! but you also gotta play it smart and use a condom or preferably condom+birth control combination.

Tyson651

Smash Lord

Tyson
i saw you sneaking around, watching jrod and i play teams. you're more like snake than you could ever imagine. TOO BAD SNAKE DIES AT THE END OF MGS4.
haha, i just wanted to watch good matches, but since jrod and u started saying i was scouting, i just went with it :p

though i did scout up jrod's bad habits thanks to stu haha

Konkey Dong

Smash Journeyman
sid m'sahel (s'mahel?),

ya you're right, i did vanish for a while, but it was for my sis' grad i swear.

spin-dash,

no sad faces! keep doing what you doing, like this: :bee:

tyson,

omwtf are jrod's bad habits?! i must know

kithkin

Smash Champion
So, Who has my controller?

Actually though, does anyone have an unfamiliar platinum controller? should have slight (very slight, it was new) wearing on the front of the R button (like you can see lines from it rubbing against when pressed)

cause somebody definately left with mine. I had it sitting under the main TV used for melee teams.

I'll do my important post later.

and heh, yeah maybe bringing the biggest distractor I have is a bad idea... but then again, I didn't even use my main for 80% of my matches...

I like how everyone switched to MK even if they dont use him. *sigh* Learn to play against MK guys, its not hard

Then again, I still can't play against snake =/

Tyson651

Smash Lord
u lost ur white controller?! that sucks, that white controller was the best looking controller ever. even better than black :/

lol mike, u serious?

well, he just rolls in towards the opponent so if u use a laggy fsmash like ike's or snake's or probably charge a fsmash with wario, he'll roll into it. he did that like once or twice every game against stu and me lol.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
mikes a goof

also brad i will pick up metaknight in spite if you dont stfu

im serious man dont make me do it

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Send my shoutouts via msn, I'm too busy and important and have far too much money to view these boards.

Carl: Make CT5 have melee first then figure whether you want 64 or brawl. Melee deserves top priority, and you know that. Just look at brawl results; I don't mean to offend ANYONE, but: Someone [you] whom is ranked #1 in melee and has been playing for something like 4 years now. Tied for 9th place with two guys who are still relatively new to general smash tournaments [no disrespect], AND TO SOMEONE I HAVE NEVER EVEN FLlCKING HEARD OF [Also no disrespect]. Okay never mind... I just looked at the results, multiple people placed higher than you that are either new, I haven't even heard of. Fuck brawl.

Victra: I didn't even see you and I know you're still fly

Sid: will always be dope.... and a bad dude

____
And again, I mean for no hate, beef, or disrespect. Brawl is just a terrible game.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
God ****it I wish I could have gone. Well, no Melee singles but still.

I'll try to make it to that ADAT tournament. If not, I WANT to try to get up to edmonton sometime, but there's also the issue of I don't know a lot of you guys well enough.

Still, gratz to those who won (Superboom). I really wish I could have gone. <_>

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Send my shoutouts via msn, I'm too busy and important and have far too much money to view these boards.

Carl: Make CT5 have melee first then figure whether you want 64 or brawl. Melee deserves top priority, and you know that. Just look at brawl results; I don't mean to offend ANYONE, but: Someone [you] whom is ranked #1 in melee and has been playing for something like 4 years now. Tied for 9th place with two guys who are still relatively new to general smash tournaments [no disrespect], AND TO SOMEONE I HAVE NEVER EVEN FLlCKING HEARD OF [Also no disrespect]. Okay never mind... I just looked at the results, multiple people placed higher than you that are either new, I haven't even heard of. Fuck brawl.

Victra: I didn't even see you and I know you're still fly

Sid: will always be dope.... and a bad dude

____
And again, I mean for no hate, beef, or disrespect. Brawl is just a terrible game.
I don't wanna whip out the old brawl is a differant game, but I have to. I think in this context that works nicely. Brawl and melee are diff, therefore it takes different aspects of skill. Therefore anyone can do well, and therefore it wouldn't matter how good ppl are at melee, because brawl requires different attributes. Obviously since the two games are similar, they are gonna have similar aspects, and look sid got 2nd, tyson got third, dan got first, all really good melee players. So don't flame the ppl and then say no disrespect, cause thats bull****. Because no matter how much u "pillow" it, it's disrespecting, and your just mad because new people are coming and are actually good.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
I don't wanna whip out the old brawl is a differant game, but I have to. I think in this context that works nicely. Brawl and melee are diff, therefore it takes different aspects of skill. Therefore anyone can do well, and therefore it wouldn't matter how good ppl are at melee, because brawl requires different attributes. Obviously since the two games are similar, they are gonna have similar aspects, and look sid got 2nd, tyson got third, dan got first, all really good melee players. So don't flame the ppl and then say no disrespect, cause thats bull****. Because no matter how much u "pillow" it, it's disrespecting, and your just mad because new people are coming and are actually good.
QFT

It needed to be said.

It's a shame you couldn't make it Alex. Come to ADAT plz

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
QFT

It needed to be repeated.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I have it sid

and levi seriously i didnt place cause i didn't practice brawl. The top three that you see is about what i expected but I didn't expect so many people to put so much time into the game already. For instance, playing adam's lucario was a real challenge since i didn't know half of lucario's moves let alot how to play against them.

If I put in more effort maybe i would keep up, but thats for me to complain about not you.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
@ Levi - I think it's all about who put time into playing brawl. The top 8 may have not been the top 8 melee players but they were the melee players who put time into learning brawl (sigh... I don't wanna beat a dead horse, and this is the deadest horse out there... so this is the last time anyone ITT gets to say it: melee =/= brawl), something not a lot of us melee vets want to do :( They put in the time and they were rewarded with these tourney results.

I think it's a really good thing to see that new people are coming out and placing, it's a healthy sign for the community. I think it's also a good indication of the future; melee players will adapt and play brawl, newcomers will play brawl and some people will just play melee (cmon Randall, give brawl a shot). Actually, on that note, I hope that newcomers who come out on the basis of brawl discover melee, and continue to support that part of the community. There needs to be more of an integrated environment between the two games, rather then 2 camps fighting eachother.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
QFT

It needed to be said.

It's a shame you couldn't make it Alex. Come to ADAT plz
QFT

It needed to be repeated.
No you guys. Mariownage is right. Melee is just too good and too awesome for anyone to argue otherwise :/ *****h I played this MELEE game fo over 6 years now and STILL improving.

In all seriousness though, I hardly practiced at all and was still able to do pretty decent at both the Washington and BC brawl tournaments I've attended thus far. Step up Carl >=[

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
I read "I don't want to bring up brawl is not melee, but I have to" and stopped reading.
It's been beyond butchered, and inexperienced melee players have no ****ing idea what I mean this time. Yes it's wrong of me to say you're wrong in this manner, but you also made the assumption of why I said so.

You know what does transfer from game to game? Mindgames, but brawl doesn't even have the ****ing physics engine for mindgames to even apply to "competitive" brawl. The game is so ****ing slow there is no plausible way to punish what has been predicted unless it's something like landing with a laggy ariel [no l cancel lolololololololo **** brawl] and even then it's difficult becuase of how you can not cancel initial dash animations. It makes spacing akward, characters have to move on grid if they're running, almost. Lack of maneuverability brings us lack of punishability, the game just doesn't have the foundation for a competitive scene.

It's once ignorant noobs that say they're the best in the world becuase they beat their friends, start coming out and beating you guys that you'll realize there is no competitive brawl. It's like saying becuase you can wavedash in melee, you play it competitively. Turning off items and banning stages isn't what makes it a good game to compete for.

And Carl, I was using you as an example, don't take things so seriously.

I'd rather say that Alex and I playing mario party three is competitive, than say that brawl is. (Neither are)

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Not enough lovin. Y'all need to chill the f*ck out. This can be accomplished by smashing (sigh... both brawl and melee). Who wants to and when? And Where?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
I read "I don't want to bring up brawl is not melee, but I have to" and stopped reading.
It's been beyond butchered, and inexperienced melee players have no ****ing idea what I mean this time. Yes it's wrong of me to say you're wrong in this manner, but you also made the assumption of why I said so.

You know what does transfer from game to game? Mindgames, but brawl doesn't even have the ****ing physics engine for mindgames to even apply to "competitive" brawl. The game is so ****ing slow there is no plausible way to punish what has been predicted unless it's something like landing with a laggy ariel [no l cancel lolololololololo **** brawl] and even then it's difficult becuase of how you can not cancel initial dash animations. It makes spacing akward, characters have to move on grid if they're running, almost. Lack of maneuverability brings us lack of punishability, the game just doesn't have the foundation for a competitive scene.

It's once ignorant noobs that say they're the best in the world becuase they beat their friends, start coming out and beating you guys that you'll realize there is no competitive brawl. It's like saying becuase you can wavedash in melee, you play it competitively. Turning off items and banning stages isn't what makes it a good game to compete for.

And Carl, I was using you as an example, don't take things so seriously.

I'd rather say that Alex and I playing mario party three is competitive, than say that brawl is. (Neither are)

after he got use to playing my snake and knowing my moves, his mindgames are still top notch from melee, way better than mine. he already gives me AND dan a hard time. carl can beat me, he can beat dan, even though we place high. its just carl's mindgames are too gg haha.

the only thing carl lacks is knowing each character on their movesets and stuff.

like what snake said, the fastest way to victory is knowing ur opponent. :p

thats why melee noobies place high, they play a lot more.

Top Bottom