• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CT4 Canada RESULTS

Levi5

Smash Ace
supa wavdash dats mindgames son.... why you got 3 stock left?

arrogance, dis is arrogance

vagrantlibertine

Smash Cadet
I am quite literally homeless and travelling Canad
I also never said I was a pro, merely that I am learning more about the game. Yes, I will wholeheartedly admit the video was arrogant. I can admit that without any greater thought to it. However, I stand by what I said as far as looking for better opponents so that I can learn more about the game. I did that, and I thank everyone who showed me what I needed to know.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I also never said I was a pro, merely that I am learning more about the game. Yes, I will wholeheartedly admit the video was arrogant. I can admit that without any greater thought to it. However, I stand by what I said as far as looking for better opponents so that I can learn more about the game. I did that, and I thank everyone who showed me what I needed to know.
I vote let him off the hook

Frio

Smash Champion
everytime I see a new post here I think OMG vids, but.... everytime I break my heart:(

Levi5

Smash Ace
Scrubs, WRECKONIZE THE URL. It'll save you more than once.
Not to mention vitality used the same video id

vagrantlibertine

Smash Cadet
I am quite literally homeless and travelling Canad
With regard to myself and having balls....

It takes balls to show up in a room full of people who are better than you at a game as competitive as Melee, and openly challenge everyone. I accepted the necessity of my defeat to learn what I needed to the very second I entered the Argyll Hall. And thank you Carl for the "off the hook" remark.

I will be better next time...

MagnuM

Smash Ace
OMG Shoutouts! I completely forgot people, many apologies requested! Please forgive me! To make up for it, I will deliver my usual super-long shoutouts. I hope your evening isn't planned! Here are my belated shoutouts:

I would have to say this is up there with one of the funnest, and funniest tournaments I've ever attended. The reason for this was mostly because everybody was in such a good mood, probably because we knew Brawl wasn't really meant to be played super-seriously. Kind of sucks for the people that want to play it competitively, but hey, there's always Melee. It was great to see such a strong Smash community as well, and while there were a lot of familiar faces as always, there were a lot of new ones too.

Kudos to Carl for another extremely well-run tournament despite being hungover and severely sleep-deprived. Thanks for the snacks and the Tim Horton's doughnuts were just downright delicious, mostly because there was a plentiful supply of my favourite kind, Honey Dip! From the hype-fest that was Melee Doubles and the podcasts that followed, to the triple Falcon Punch in which I've never felt so owned and humiliated in my life, CT4 was a tourney to remember. Here's to CT5! *holds up an imaginary glass of red wine for a virtual toast*

Dan, you became a very rich man...

It looks like we'll all be doing this again soon as AfterDawn and Alphicans host the next Edmonton tourney in July! Woo hoo!

SHOUTOUTS

SuperBoom (Dan): As I alluded to above, you became a wealthy man fast over a twenty-four hour period on May 31st. Proof that hard work and patience pays off! Congratulations for sweeping all tournaments held, and had we had time for Melee Singles, I think you would have placed **** nice there too given how much you were on fire that day. Your triple Falcon Punch on Jarrod and myself was one of the biggest ownage-fests I've had to endure. Then there comes the suicidal-reverse-Falcon-Punch-KO on Jarrod to end that one other tournament match. You haven't won unless you've won with style, and you excelled at that! And yes it was funny when you called Bowser "fatass" when I'd miss a Bowser Bomb because, well, it's kinda true! In Super Paper Mario, he claimed he just had a big shell, but in reality, we know he's just a fatass turtledragonsaur.

LemonLau (Sid): Never a dull moment with you Sid. Our Pokemon Trainer battle was full of so much climatic epicness that I was nearly hyperventiliating. Ok that's slightly exaggerated, but only slightly... it was a doozy! Our Pokemon battled their hearts out for us, and it was only fitting that a devastating maneuver such as a double-footed-Lizardon-stomp-spike-with-anger ended it. Congratulations on getting second in Brawl Singles, and third in Melee Teams. Speaking of Melee Teams, it was definitely a shock to see the brutal and merciless Sid Vicious nearly keeling over in nausea in the middle of a match and forcing a pause to try and save his lunch in the men's room. I thought perhaps another appendix might have somehow grown in your gut and also became inflamed in revenge for severing its brother in surgery. Speaking of lunch, Chicken McNuggets Sid? I would have thought you would have known better working at the Toxic Waste Facility (a.k.a McDonalds) for so long!

Tyson (Tyson): I had heard that you had a killer Snake in Brawl, and you delivered! Although I didn't really see you play a whole lot, or play you one on one, your rapeage of Kithkin and myself in Brawl Teams was a pretty good indication. Great job getting 3rd in Brawl Singles and winning Brawl Teams with Dan. Snake's good... ... ... NOW! ... *BOOM!*

Killock (Jack): If I'm not mistaking you for somebody else, I think you teamed up with Solaris (who is an amazing player for his age, I remember when he was like 7-8 years old at one of Carl's first events). I was cheering for you guys when you were facing rivals Jarrod and Mike, and you guys were SO close to beating them! Had you won that one clincher, we wouldn't have had to face those clowns again. I thought your guy's Team Name was Team Dinosaurs, which I thought was strange as none of your characters you were playing were dinosaur-like. A closer look at the results thread revealed that your Team Name was "Dinosaurks". Close enough I guess! Fantastic job placing 4th in Brawl Singles and 5th in Brawl Teams. It was definitely good to see a new Smash player bring so much skill to their first tournament. Hope you had fun and hope to see you at all of our later ones too!

Solaris (Jared): I was really hoping you guys would beat that wretched team "King Size" (King Sized Fools more like it!). You and Killock had great team chemistry and really fought valiantly. As referenced above, I remember you from way back when you were even younger at either CT1 or CT2, which is crazy. You've got some killer skills for someone so young. It's that new generation with those reflex that's going to own us all! Case in point, us old guys... we're doomed!

Jarrod (Jarrod): Thanks for teaming with me for Melee singles as we took 2nd. This still doesn't let you off the hook for Brawl Doubles, as you cold-heartedly ditched me for that SLEAZEBALL Michael Purschke! In revelation to all of our opponents, confused about our ridiculously long acronym used as our team name to get people to underestimate us thinking we were noobs, I will reveal what our team name stood for: Ganondorf & Captain Falcon, M arth & Bowser: The Deadly Alliance of the Sworn Enemies United.

Mike (Michael): As referenced to above, you are a sleazeball. You and Jarrod victory over Kithkin and I in the Loser's Finals was by the enamel of your teeth, while our victory over you in Winner's was a clean sweep of glory. You got lucky, plain and simple. Maybe we even lost to you guys on purpose after seeing you so glum and depressed in the briefing room after your devastating loss. You know what else you are? A SORE LOSER! Perhaps your action may have gone unnoticed to most, but I know for a fact that Shawn Boyle saw your violent and cruel act! For those that missed it, Michael Purschke turned around and shoved me off my chair sideways during a match when he heard me cheering for the other team, Dinosaurks. Is this the man you have become Mr. Purschke? Where is your honour and respect!? And great job DITCHING the tournament too!

Alphicans (Luke): Wow our Bowser vs. Marth duel on Yoshi's Story in Loser's was a real breath-holder! We both seemed to live for so long on that last life and neither of us would give up! If I'm not mistaken, we were both on the last deciding game of the set. After what seemed like 2 minutes of sudden death action, OUT OF NOWHERE, a Marth thrusting poke neutral B comes flying out and connects with my poor Boozer's belly! Then he was sent flying into the abyss! An epic finish for an epic match, looks like a sharp sword outduels sharp teeth and claws. Oh btw, I get you and Brandon (Spin-dash) mixed up more times than not. Good luck hosting the next Edmonton tourney, hope it's a blast!

Matrix (???): I am not sure exactly who you are but if you can jar my noob memory, maybe I can dig deep into it and try to post a shoutout. Did we even play?

VagrantLibertine (???): Also not too sure if I played you or not, or who you were, but I heard there was some sort of drama about your attendance or something. Are you from Edmonton or did you travel from afar just to play at CT4? Fill me in on the details and in return, I'll give ya a shoutout, heh.

Koda (???): Also not sure who you are or if we played, but if you give me a description, I'll try my best to make a shoutout!

Spin-Dash (Brandon): Major kudos to you for your impressive Sonic performance man! You know what, I have absolutely no shame in getting my *** kicked by such a cool character as Sonic. He's got natural coolness that he couldn't make go away if he tried. Too bad he seems a little disadvantaged in Brawl overall, although by playing you, you really seemed to take advantage of his strongest skills and minimize his weaknesses. It was just really hard to keep up with that kind of speed! You've got that low-tier stubbornness that I like, don't ever change! And... just because I have to... "You're too slooooow!"

FalseFalco (Carl): Once again, great job for another fantastically run tournament. Every time I looked over at you, you looked like you were on the verge of collapse, yet you soldiered on. Hungover and hardly slept and running a full day's tournament? That takes endurance! Don't worry about axing singles, the hyped up Melee Doubles made up for that. Great thing you had your laptop around too for the dramatic podcasts. Hopefully there is audible speech in them with all that background racket! Looking forward to your CT5, please don't die before then or something!

SHWN (Shawn): I don't think I got to play you at all during the tournament, but your charismatic presence alone was enough. THAT all changed when you promptly left leaving a Shawn Boyle void that could not be filled! Although your departure was warranted, I'm sure you still had fun in your short while there. You missed a lot of drama later on in the evening though when the Melee Doubles started, but at least you caught that chair-pushing incidence from that jerk Mike (Purschke)!

Kevin (Kevin): I admire your bravery to team with Luis Walsh. Team "Stu's Demise" was an interesting campaign...

Luis (Luis): You left the tournament early claiming you were "bored". BOOO! Poor sport, no johns!

Beeble (Mike W.): Now where would a Smash tournament be without the uncensored shenanigans of Michael Whyte? I hope a lot of your commentary on the podcast comes through clear as it was quite funny. I agree that a Bowser vs. Yoshi dino duel is long overdue!

RJM (Randall): The one and only Randall, always a pleasure! A tournament would never be the same without the character you bring to it. Your die-hard resistance to anything Brawl is commendable, and you have that Melee fighting spirit still burning strong! I'm sure Melee will still be around for a while for you to bring that dedication to! It was great hanging out with you at Aaron's house and the things we did. Sorry we didn't offer you that much, Aaron isn't particularily known as the greatest host sometimes! It's a scavenger hunt to even find toilet paper in his house, and you'd better hope your pants aren't down at the time. Not a settling thought! That trip down memory lane into our childhood on Aaron's mega tv was definitely interesting. I should have gave ya some money or something for some food on the way home, I didn't know you were going to leave that same night! Hopefully you can come to our next tournament as well and bring that Melee pride!

Kithkin (Brad): My team partner for Brawl Doubles! You WERE the team man! I can't believe how good your MetaKnight was doing. Heck at the end there in the Loser's Semifinals, when you had 1 life left to Mike and Jarrod's combined 3, you almost single handedly took them out! **** impressive stuff man, you can hold your own! I still thought we made a pretty good team though and had some pretty good strategies. I think as my team partner, you were the one I have accidently team attacked the least. I'm improving! It was fun doing our monsters money match, but I thought you would stay as Bowser the whole time. Oh well, Eddie the mean old Yetti was fun fighting too. I didn't know you were a Brawl Bowser player, that's really cool.

Yoshara (???): Also not familiar off the top of my head. Were you the one that had the Godzilla shirt on? I'm not sure if we fought, but if we did, please remind me and I'll give ya a good shoutout!

David Trang (???): I remember having a good fight with you before I lost in the next round. I felt kinda bad keeping silent about the method of getting out of the Bowsercide during our matches, but had I not, you probably would have beaten me! Good matches none the less, hope to fight you again sometime

Phil (???): Not sure who you are, probably because I didn't land up facing you in the tournament. Looks like you only stayed for Brawl too. Maybe I can remember with a description, but there was quite a good turnout so it's hard to remember everybody.

Colin (???): Same deal, so many people, not enough time to meet them all

Andre (???): (See Colin)

I need balls (???): (See Andre)

Lefticle (???): (See I need balls)

Andrew (???): (See Lefticle)

Kyle (???): (See Andrew)

Lans (???): (See Kyle)

Dark-Link (???): (See Lans)

AM (???): I faced you in my second match of Brawl Singles in the Loser's bracket, and boy unknowingly to me, I was in a photo-finish fight! I completely underestimated you and your Link! After winning the first match quite decidingly, I got complacent and totally wasn't ready for your cranking up of that burner to full power! All of sudden you came out with this tremendous desperate surge and flurry of attacks that I couldn't stop! I was really worried after you won the second match quite easily, and I was still left scratching my head where this came from in such a short time. Our last match was the scariest ever for me as I was losing most of the match, and only caught a break when you died your second last life due to one of your own bombs exploding as you were flying away. I think your last life ended up as an SD, which didn't really make me feel that I won. I remember Jarrod (the first player that you fought) said you were pretty good before the fight, but I still wasn't ready for that clutch performance! Don't worry about the end result, that could just have easily have been me.

Janitor (Victor): And last but not least, the star of the tournament... who shows up 6 hours late! Better late than never I guess! It was the weirdest thing ever, I think me and perhaps Kithkin and maybe Randall just happened to be wandering outside, when all of a sudden, out of the shadows and out of nowhere, a guy starts walking towards us that looks very familiar. In fact, I think one of us mentioned it before it was confirmed that it was VICTOR! It was like "Hey that kid over there walking towards us kinda looks like Victor... wait a minute... IT IS VICTA!" *celebrations*. Teach me how to be late with style like that Victor...

Alas, that ends my lengthy shout-out list. As I said, this was definitely a fun tournament because of the relaxed atmosphere and the good turnout. I'm pretty sure everybody had fun, and we'll all set to do it again sometime! Hopefully our Edmonton smash tournaments are not just an annual event, as with the CTs, but it looks like we should get more coming with Alphicans and AfterDawns tournament coming just next month! Hope to see you all there!

MagnuM (Stu) signing out!

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
I always wondered why CT3 has a Smash Wiki entry, but not any of the other ones...
Because I'm basically the only one who writes SmashWiki articles about local happenings and since CT3, SmashBoards has chosen to merge their wiki with the "Super Smash Bros. Wikia", causing an absolute mess of conflicting policies that I've been fighting ever since. The majority of the people who run the Wikia side of things don't even believe that the wiki should have ANYTHING community-related at all and have actively put forth a new policy involving the *******ization of articles about smashers as not worthy of a position amongst other articles.

The fight is long and the opposition is lazy, yet they hold all the cards.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Because I'm basically the only one who writes SmashWiki articles about local happenings and since CT3, SmashBoards has chosen to merge their wiki with the "Super Smash Bros. Wikia", causing an absolute mess of conflicting policies that I've been fighting ever since. The majority of the people who run the Wikia side of things don't even believe that the wiki should have ANYTHING community-related at all and have actively put forth a new policy involving the *******ization of articles about smashers as not worthy of a position amongst other articles.

The fight is long and the opposition is lazy, yet they hold all the cards.
Hey! I used to contribute a lil'! xD Why did Smashboards change it anyways? It was a lot more professional looking before they changed it. Now It looks ugly. Like Tyler's face.

Konkey Dong

Smash Journeyman
Mike (Michael): As referenced to above, you are a sleazeball. You and Jarrod victory over Kithkin and I in the Loser's Finals was by the enamel of your teeth, while our victory over you in Winner's was a clean sweep of glory. You got lucky, plain and simple. Maybe we even lost to you guys on purpose after seeing you so glum and depressed in the briefing room after your devastating loss. You know what else you are? A SORE LOSER! Perhaps your action may have gone unnoticed to most, but I know for a fact that Shawn Boyle saw your violent and cruel act! For those that missed it, Michael Purschke turned around and shoved me off my chair sideways during a match when he heard me cheering for the other team, Dinosaurks. Is this the man you have become Mr. Purschke? Where is your honour and respect!? And great job DITCHING the tournament too!
haha i would have pushed you off that chair regardless!

Top Bottom