• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CyberJocks SMASH CASH Tournament 8.17.08 Buffalo, NY

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
The fully $20 per person goes into the pot, its $5 venue fee $20 singles.
Not that it matters to you anyways though, as it only concerns the GTA crew LOL =)
hahahahah

oh man

why do you think you guys could've been nobodies in melee and good at brawl? we've already proven this isn't true

let's consider this tournament a preview for ch4, shall we?

KingAce

Smash Ace
sure, this will be a preview for ch4
also plank who are you bringing with you in your car, mayb we can crew battle too

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
im not sure yet, im not sure whats going down

tbh though, i watched your guys tournament vids and you arent even near our level

like, im not even trying to be rude, you just play like we did 4 months ago, lol

KingAce

Smash Ace
Umm... the vids of me and percon in the latest vids arent even up yet. the rest you watched are probably casuals... we record our friendlies for fun and to let the newer players see what theyre doing right/wrong. but yeah the newer tournament vids arent even up yet/recorded

Anyways plank, videos wont tell you too much so we should wait until august 17th before you say we play like scrubs

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i was talking about the vids of you vs niko from sban7

and yeah, md/va is the best region in brawl just like we were in melee so i can talk all the trash i want :):)

JesiahTEG

Smash Master

tbh though, i watched your guys tournament vids and you arent even near our level

like, im not even trying to be rude, you just play like we did 4 months ago, lol
Hmm...nope we didn't ledge camp 4 months ago LOL

... ... ...

Good **** beating Chillin LMFAO

OneWingedAngelo1

Smash Journeyman
I might be able to provide transportation for this, should I find out I have the money... This tourny seems mad expensive from what I am used to.

PikaPika!

Smash Ace

I play the same as i did in the first gamestop tourny

Niko_K

Smash Master
i was talking about the vids of you vs niko from sban7

and yeah, md/va is the best region in brawl just like we were in melee so i can talk all the trash i want :):)
All Ace did was spam B in those, I felt I did quite good xD

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
All Ace did was spam B in those, I felt I did quite good xD
i know, but any region in which a strategy like that works is pitiful

watch your match vs ace then watch mine vs azens peach

its quite clear who the better players are

Niko_K

Smash Master
I wasn't impressed by Azen's peach at all to be honest. Though what can you REALLY tell through brawl videos ;)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
not that much, but when its a drastic drop in skill a lot.

i will make any peach look stupid, so maybe thats why.

but to be entirely honest, md/va is just so much better than everywhere else. i bet that 5-6 md/va players could come to this seperately and each would win

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
azen chillin neo you forte omni are the only people im afraid of in md/va really. so yeah i guess ur right those 6.

actually chillin would win our tourney here, but im confident vs the characters he plays so yeah

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
LOL Plank you realized you must win now after all this talk.
If you dont each and every post will come back to haunt you.
Especially cause of that "you play like we did 4 months ago" comment, cause now if you lose that means you were better 4 months ago haha.

Thats why I'm not saying ****, I'll see you at the tournament. Pound 3 was dope so I can't **** talk you haha.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
So then I hope the judges just dont allow Luigi's Mansion at all then.
Either that or everyone is going to have to ban it against someone who even secondaries MK (so thats almost everybody) or you're going to see a ton of MK ditto's on Luigi's.

Seriously...

Miller

Smash Lord
Haha the GTA Niagara crew faced this exact same **** at Ottawa, guess what, Our crew completely wrecked it. Its gunna be fun to watch this unfold

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Get good at MK dittos on Luigi's Mansion then, or think of strategies to do well with your character on Luigi's Mansion.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
lolwut booooooooo luigi's mansion sux. c wut i did thar.
il be there, how many set ups r confirmed? becuz brawl tournies take a long time.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Leave luigis mansion on, it shouldnt be too big of a problem :)
and yeah how many setups are confirmed anyways? your gonna do straight brackets right raza?

Scnd

Smash Cadet
I was thinking of running a weekend in September or October with Melee/Brawl in back to back at cyberjocks, all cash.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Tony, IM me, PM me, or gimme a ring on my phone if you can. I have a few questions for you.

TheRazaman

Smash Apprentice
As of this exact moment, i can 100% confirm that 3 wii's will be here (2 house Wii's, 1 being brought by a player)
Don't panic, because we usually get 2-4 more Wii's brought by players in the tournament who want their house fee waived.
If you are definitely going to be attending this tournament and will be brining your Wii and Brawl with all the stages/characters unlocked then please, leave a comment here saying as much. Just remember, if you do bring a Wii you would need to be able to stay for the duration of the tournament.
Our intention is to have at least 6 stations setup for the tournament and 1 station for friendlies.

Yes, we will be doing straight up brackets. It's going to be random (un-seeded), but we try not to have friends face each other really early on in the tournament. However, we can't always please everyone so you may end up facing one of your friends early on, please try not to make a big fuss about this. After all, the worse that can happen is one of you gets knocked down to the Loser's Bracket, and from there you could still meet in the finals.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Yes, we will be doing straight up brackets. It's going to be random (un-seeded), but we try not to have friends face each other really early on in the tournament. However, we can't always please everyone so you may end up facing one of your friends early on, please try not to make a big fuss about this. After all, the worse that can happen is one of you gets knocked down to the Loser's Bracket, and from there you could still meet in the finals.
If you face a friend early on, you just have to be good enough to beat them. That's all there is to it.

And put me on the list for bringing a Wii and Brawl.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Could you not do random brackets, but seed by location? Its pretty simple to do in Tio.
That'd insure people wouldn't be facing their friends, and also considering there is gonna be at least 10 canada people it'd help spread us and you guys out.

PikaPika!

Smash Ace
Could you not do random brackets, but seed by location? Its pretty simple to do in Tio.
That'd insure people wouldn't be facing their friends, and also considering there is gonna be at least 10 canada people it'd help spread us and you guys out.
Whys that matter? JesiahTEG is gonna send you all to the losers bracket anyways...

KingAce

Smash Ace
Psh ill send jesiahs snake into losers if i end up facing him in the brackets

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Psh ill send jesiahs snake into losers if i end up facing him in the brackets
You play MK. You should send everyone into losers if you end up facing them.

Also I believe Distant Planet should really be banned. It's too broken of a stage and can be abused too hard most of the time.

KingAce

Smash Ace
really? I find distant planet a stage thats a good counterpick because the only thing I find really abusable is the CG off the edge... early gimps off the left side is just part of the reason why its a counterpick lol

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
You should be. Let's see who your competition is.

Me- I play Snake and you play MK. Not only do you play with good Snakes in your area, your character has an advantage over mine.

Pika Pika!- Metaknight vs Pikachu.

KingAce- All he does is Tornado and Up B.

I'll be terribly upset with you if you DON'T win this.

I'll have you know though that it's not going to be easy vs me.

Top Bottom