• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CyberJocks SMASH CASH Tournament 8.17.08 Buffalo, NY

KingAce

Smash Ace
dont worry jesiah im pretty confident against snakes now, tornado doesnt work either way on good snakes especially if your a campy one. and plank, your not going to win ill guarantee that

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
kingace, do you want to put a $50 side bet on that? if i win you give me $50 more, if i lose ill give u $50

if i split top 2 with whoever i come up with, that's still considered winning btw

and yea jesiah, i dont expect it to be that easy but i do really well vs snake most of the time and yeah...its mk vs snake!

edit::kingace, that also only applies to someone whos already like...posted here and said theyre coming

if m2king shows up the offer is clearly off the table ^^

KingAce

Smash Ace
mm plank .. i wont bet $50 because im not rich lol and i need money for CH4, but how about we make a sidebet, if i end up facing you in the brackets $20 on the line that ill win, so if you lose you gimme $20 and if i lose that set ill give you $20.. deal? that way when we face it will be a $20mm in itself too =)

TheRazaman

Smash Apprentice
I'm about 99% certain none of the Jersey boys are showing up to this one.

There are 2 tournies in Jersey on this date.

But if this CJ's tournament gets a good turnout, then our next one big one could have guaranteed money (hopefully around $2,000).

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Razaaaa, eff the money. Just make the payout in panini form and we'll be all over it.

TheRazaman

Smash Apprentice
:yoshi: Razaaaa, eff the money. Just make the payout in panini form and we'll be all over it.
No way. I'd have to make something like 150 panini's to cover that. I'd never get the smell of hot sauce or chicken fingers out of my clothing.

Cash it is for you, Yoshi.

:bumper:

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: No paninis make baby Yoshi very sad. :_:

If I place can I like...trade in my winnings for a panini?

They're so good. >_>

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
wut the hell, pokemon stadium 1 as neutral and pokemon stadium 2 as cp, plz change that around. lol did wolfblade tell you to do this?
Nope, I just totally agree with it ^^ What's wrong Pasta? Afraid yer gonna get Pokeowned twice as bad now?

Kingace, can I have some of yer money you win from Plairnkk? I think I want to get Pizza that day.:laugh:

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Pokemon Stadium 2 is just ********. And pokemon stadium 1 is just as ********, the windmill acts as hyrule and it gets in the way severly imo, and there still is that stupid glitch at the right side where you get stuck like theres an invisible wall, but its just a small rut that is blocking you.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
haha, i dont get what in the world makes you canadians so blindly cocky? have you ever travelled out of your region for brawl? has anyone noteworthy ever come to your region for brawl?

or are you like the typical scrubs who run their neighborhood show and have never played a good player so they dont even know what to expect?

i think the 2nd is likely

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
haha, i dont get what in the world makes you canadians so blindly cocky? have you ever travelled out of your region for brawl? has anyone noteworthy ever come to your region for brawl?

or are you like the typical scrubs who run their neighborhood show and have never played a good player so they dont even know what to expect?

i think the 2nd is likely
I can't speak for the other guys, but personally I'm just a humble Pokemon Master that wants pizza for lunch.

P.S. Americans rarely come to Canada. It's common knowledge that yanks are terrified of polar bears and maple syrup.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I can't speak for the other guys, but personally I'm just a humble Pokemon Master that wants pizza for lunch.

P.S. Americans rarely come to Canada. It's common knowledge that yanks are terrified of polar bears and maple syrup.
polar bears are absolutely ****ing adorable

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
They're just defending a member of that crew probably. Just because someone trashtalks doesn't necessarily mean they think they're better than you.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
even if its not theres still gunna be alcohol, jajajaj
but ye pks1 isnt nuetral, alot of characters have advantages over others, which is why it shuld be counter pick. and pks2... the ice and half gravity speaks for itself

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
even if its not theres still gunna be alcohol, jajajaj
but ye pks1 isnt nuetral, alot of characters have advantages over others, which is why it shuld be counter pick. and pks2... the ice and half gravity speaks for itself
Dude, diddy rocks on Stadium 2. You should be rooting for it. Conveyor belts+ bananas = ownage.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
*thinks about about it for a second.
*changes mind about pks2
lol the conveyrbelts may be good but the wind part isnt. The earth part is probobly the best out of the transitions

TheRazaman

Smash Apprentice
soo.. i still cant help but notice that there are very little sign ups atm.

Don't worry about the lack of signups on the site. The last 2 tournaments no more than 4 people signed up on the site prior to the tournament, and we had ~40 at each one.

The majority of the locals never signup on the site, they just show up day-of. The fact that we have 12 already on the list is a really good sign lol.

We could very well see over 60 people at this one.

Edit: But signing up in advance is never a bad thing, so please do signup if you're attending. Don't be like the lazy locals :p

TheRazaman

Smash Apprentice
So im assuming we can pay there at the venue instead of online to confirm your spot.
Lol ****, you beat me to it. I just edited the OP to reflect that.

Yes, this is a CASH tournament; therefore you must pay in CASH day-of, at the venue.

Please DO NOT try to pay online to put yourself on the confirmed list. The unconfirmed list is up only to state you will be attending.

I suppose I shouldn't have included any sort of list at all, but I wanted to see if we would get any out of town signups. My bad.

Edit: I may just remove the Unconfirmed and Confirmed lists (they are linked so you cant have 1 without the other) to avoid confusion. There won't be a list of people attending but at least no1 will accidentally pay via paypal.

TheRazaman

Smash Apprentice
wut about walking distance
There's a chinese restaurant in the same plaza as Cyberjocks. There is a pizza/sub shop and a Tim Hortons right across the street.

And, as Pika said, there are 10 other restaurants/fast food shops within 2 miles.

And yes there will be enough places to sit down. The place normally holds 70 people when its used for PC gaming.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I was going to put something witty here, but I totally forgot what I was going to say.

Anyway, Tony and Razaaaaa should make a joint effort to secure plenty of chicken-filled goodness before I make my arrival. It will be, as they say, "too good."

TheRazaman

Smash Apprentice
I cant remember if they have Shawarma or not, but there is a Falafel Bar less than a mile from Cyberjocks.

And fine Yoshi, we'll make some **** Panini's for you! Buffalo Chicken, Chicken Parmesan, Ham n Swiss, Pizza or BBQ Chicken?

Now, back to Smash.
We are wanting to have record of the matches during the tournament (probably not all but definitely the later rounds) so i'm thinking we should get 4 SD cards to save replays to.
My questions are these:
Do the replays come out in good quality video/sound once ported to the computer and compressed to stream?
Or, do most people use a video capture card on a comp and hook it up to the TV?

Obviously I'll do some testing long before the tourney starts, but I'd like some input before spending money on SD cards/a video capture card.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: BUFFARO PRZ ^___________^

As for recording, you're going to want to use a capture card during the live match, especially since some matches go over three minutes. The replays are encoded and I don't think anybody's cracked them yet (I have been out of the Wii encoding and hardware loop for a while, though; I may be wrong), so while you can put the replays on SD cards, I don't believe you will be able to decipher them. Capture cards are pretty cheap and the software for them is very easy to use. I recommend anything from the Pinnacle Dazzle lineup. Let me know if you have any questions about it. :D

Top Bottom