• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
"and Hax, the 8 year old Falcon prodigy, will try to live up to the hype coming from the stereotypically vocal/abusive New York community."

lol.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Ugh, I still don't have a good teammate for Genesis (someone I've heard of or know at least). I preferrably want someone that I wouldn't be able to team with normally ('cause I'm traveling and all). Someone PM meeee!

You'd think getting 5th in Apex and Genesis would matter to people ;___;

Samochan

Smash Master
For those of you who've missed it, we're running a series of Genesis hype/analysis articles this week on AiB. Yesterday's was an interview with Sidefx about things the staff are doing to ensure the tournament's success, and today's is on the top Melee stories going into the tourney.

sidefx interview: http://allisbrawl.com/news/newspost.aspx?id=473
Melee article: http://allisbrawl.com/news/newspost.aspx?id=475
Keke nice article.

But amsah is not going. ._. So you might need to edit that part. <.<

LLDL

Smash Hero
The only thing missing is Germany. kJaB would probably be one of the highest placing falcos..

Samochan

Smash Master
The only thing missing is Germany. kJaB would probably be one of the highest placing falcos..
To my understanding uck is also going and perhaps someone else, but I could be wrong. I kinda doubt that Kjab would place that high though, because he's not best ranked german smasher and I beat the best ranked player there in smack, went toe to toe with aldwyn on friendly plays and I doubt I'd place notably high on genesis nevertheless, at least not as high as shiz or some. <_< Germans in general are really technical in overall, but simply due to not being outside germany in tournaments, they lack experience and high level mindgames alongside it which dutches and swedes have, for example. It would be more probable for tonberry to place higher than kjab, imo. No offence to kjab or germany though, germany is a rising star on european smash scene =) (if they only got to tourneys outside germany more often).

That is ofc, if america lacks in numbers of good falco players these days. :p

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
that aint falco?

i wonder how many ROBs are gonna be in brawl... like 4? lol
me, hugs, i heard shadow is gonna be there, and il leave one spot open for a random person lol

Handorin

Smash Hero
boback im going to **** you at ers

do not underestimate my skills! i havent even played in months and ill still **** you :]

ps, i dont look like that anymore, LOL ****s from like 2 yrs ago
I think I'm more hyped for ERS than smash. I'm going to wreck.

Do you do sandwiches as well as doubles?

pockyD

Smash Legend
meh, everyone thinks they're amazing; few really are

milktea really is; i'm not buying it for most of the rest of you

p.s. doubles, sandwiches, double sandwiches, add-to-10, and straight up 10s!

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
we cant afford to give out discounts for setup's and equipment. we really cant.

if helping to finish the tournament on time, and having an active part in doing so isn't incentive enough for you to help us out by bringing equipment, then.. i dunno, it would be kinda lame not to bring it.. but i understand.. i dont want you to strain your back lugging that huge wii around..

=D
Thats cool. I ask because I'm flying in a day early to hang out with my bro in San Fransisco, and I'm a little nervous about my wii getting dropped/jacked/etcetc, since I'll be walking around with it in my backback for like a full 24 hours. I'll probly end up bringing it anyway.

p.s. doubles, sandwiches, double sandwiches, add-to-10, and straight up 10s!
Add-to-10/straight up 10s = ???
I've played with Three In a Row of the Same Suit along with double sandwiches before, that gets fun hehe.

Handorin

Smash Hero
What's double sandwiches? It sounds like 65646 or what ever, but that seems dumb because it's already a sandwich.

pockyD

Smash Legend
double sandwich is just two cards between ( i.e. 6936)

add-to-10 is just consecutive numbers that add to 10 (i.e. 37), ace-9 not included

straight 10 is just slap on a 10; probably very rarely used though

but yeah, in general, more slaps = better game

i like the idea of suits! just adds one more thing to keep track of :)

Handorin

Smash Hero
Ah, ok. That's easy to get, but will probably suck to remember in game. xD

3 Suits sounds good too.

I was going to suggest us putting money on this, and if you get out and want to slap back in, you but a bit extra into the pot. But then I was like nahhhh. Just for funsies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
iv never done double sandwhich. iv done add to 10 though, thats too fun

is there gonna be food served at the venue? or a fast food place nearby or something we can eat at while not doing tourney matches throughout the day?

Handorin

Smash Hero
I don't see much in the first post other than
"A Roped-Off ViP Section accessible throughout the event via purchasing a 3-Day or 1-Day admission pass, complete with free vouchers for food & drinks, luxurious sofa seating accommodations and guaranteed friendly stations for both titles throughout the duration of the tournament!"

I was kinda worried about that too.

@Linko- Nope.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
iv never done double sandwhich. iv done add to 10 though, thats too fun

is there gonna be food served at the venue? or a fast food place nearby or something we can eat at while not doing tourney matches throughout the day?
i think theres an in and out nearby. too good

ADHD

Smash Hero
I need a good doubles partner for brawl 2v2

I'll definitely be attending this and I was supposed to team with Nanerz originally who can't make it. Anyone?

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna **** a lot of people with my peach.... in friendlies cause I doubt Ill play everyone in the tourney. I just hope I dont get a Pool of death so I can make it out. ;)

Who's willing to play with probably one the best Peach. I could do some 1$ MM maybe cause my wallet got ***** by all these expenses lol!
Thats my boy right there, I know he gonna be ******. the best peach period. Where u at US. Too bad I couldnt go because of ****ing expensive summer clases. I really wanted to play a lot of US players and Beat some scrubs. Inui comes in mind. Eggy do me a favor y consigue a ese tipo y dale ****. I wanna see some foxes and flacos going down hehe. Ill give u some money so u can money match a few people. $50 buck a scrub fox for me XD

Eval

Smash Journeyman
I just posted that cause I wanted people to play me. (Im talkign about my post) Didnt intend to get rage or something like this... Im still up to play people who is interested but lol if I lose i lost simple as that.

About the best peach well, thats was for attention errr... But I think I know my **** with Peach. Just saying.

CALM down everyone. Last thing I need is enemies and Im not even in California yet...x_x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom