• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Something tells me that M2K is gonna go all emo when he gets home, since he lost his touch in Melee.
he got gayed.

he lost 2-1 to armada and was about to play because the rules said that semifinals were best of 5. but DBR decided last minute to make it best of 3, screwing him over. then he lost to zhu in losers, prolly due to being upset over what happened.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Grand finals, first set M2k+jman vs Darc+Scar

First match came down to M2k vs Darc+scar, with M2k miraculously pulling out the win. CP is Brinstar.

On Brinstar M2k/Jman 2 stocked Darc+Scar. 2-0 M2k/Jman CP is... DK64.

Darc+Scar win the third match with a 2 stock, M2k Jman are countering Stadium.

M2k and Jman win with 4 stock remaining in the fourth match, making it 3-1. End of the first set of Grand finals and set 2 is starting.

Foxy

Smash Master
You guys have no idea what you're talking about.

Players chanting to get Melee on the projector isn't them childishly assaulting Brawl players - it has nothing to do with that.

Don't you realize that the only reason the change even happened it because the players made it clear that almost EVERYONE at the venue WANTED TO WATCH THE MELEE FINALS INSTEAD?

See, if there had been a lot of Brawl players who were sick of watching Melee, they would have been able to do the same thing. However, either it's mostly Melee players at the venue, or a lot of the Brawlers have been really enjoying the speed and hype of Melee, and so they also want to watch it.

Either way, it's not assaulting Brawl, it's simply that an overwhelming majority of the attendees wanted to see Melee on the projector and had to make it clear somehow.

That's not childish - that's called democracy.

Kind of like our country.

But please don't get into politics - you know what my point is.

defsithe

Smash Ace
so this thread grew by like 200 pages since i last was here anyone wanna some up what happened with melee after the whole m2k armada match controversy, and what about doubles?

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Phanna hijacked someones phone: they tried to put brawl on the projector/main stage but almost started a riot; they chanted brawl sucks till TO's said ok, no brawl.
Melee players are immature as ****.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Some of you really need to get over it, it's not exactly a life or death matter that some people don't want to see a videogame they don't like on a projection screen. A lot of you are taking it way too seriously.

MattNF

Smash Lord
What I said goes for everyone, and the infractions I am now doling out are proof of that. I don't need advice from you, I'm pretty good at what I do.

If you have a problem with any moderator, it should be taken up in Forum Disputes. However, I'm fairly sure you're only responding to me because you like like confrontational attention.
You are the best moderator ever.

I love you <3

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Are they holding off the Mango/Armada Grand Finals until the Brawl bracket is caught up?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
But still, the fact of the matter is, that Brawl indeed sucks.
You do realize that comments like this don't make the situation any better, right?

Seriously, keep this kind of thing to yourselves. I'm tired of seeing it, and I'm pretty **** sure everyone else with a brain is as well.

Underload

Lazy
I personally don't like watching SF4. No big deal.

But Melee and Brawl. WHOOOO, that's a huge deal because there's apparently a rivalry. Is it different if there's inter-series incest or something?

TeeVee

Smash Lord

Players chanting to get Melee on the projector isn't them childishly assaulting Brawl players - it has nothing to do with that.

Don't you realize that the only reason the change even happened it because the players made it clear that almost EVERYONE at the venue WANTED TO WATCH THE MELEE FINALS INSTEAD?

See, if there had been a lot of Brawl players who were sick of watching Melee, they would have been able to do the same thing. However, either it's mostly Melee players at the venue, or a lot of the Brawlers have been really enjoying the speed and hype of Melee, and so they also want to watch it.

Either way, it's not assaulting Brawl, it's simply that an overwhelming majority of the attendees wanted to see Melee on the projector and had to make it clear somehow.

Chanting 'brawl sucks' until the TO's agree to not put it up is childish actually.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Why do I have the feeling that when he said 'riot' he meant people yelling and chanting, not people about to flip tables and fist fight...

Do you really think a bunch of gamers were about to burn the venue down or something? lol.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386

So far you are the most level headed of us all on this matter.

TEECO

Smash Ace
Oh geez.

I'm sorry you Brawl players have to deal with this kind of stuff (both at the tournament and in this thread). Not all of us Melee players are like that. Some of us have--what do you call it...

maturity.
[Respects]

But still, the fact of the matter is, that Brawl indeed sucks.
Nobody wants to hear (read) your opinon on which game you think is worse.

he was winning melee
along came a brawl
Still winning Melee.
And winning Brawl.

this is one tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom