• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.Gray-Man Mafia-Town Wins!

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
July said:
Is there a reason you call IR grodiest and vote him, but then ask others why they are voting them instead of clarifying your own vote? And I mean other than because you may influence their answer, because that's not a huge concern when the answer is yes or no.
Let me work through it. I do have a reason for it but let me work through what I'm trying to do.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Asidoh said:
Dunno what to say against this. It was the very beginning of the game, I had nothing to go on, I asked what came to mind.
Yes but questions generally have some actual thing they want to know from them. You had:
Not a question
Easy question to ask.
Not a question.

And then you asked about flavor as if you were interested in someone to confirm or deny a potential claim, but then dismissed this interest the second someone said that it's unimportant.

Seems mad scummy.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Asidoh said:
Read on IR: wanting Bardull's background is completely null to me, as I've seen that type of thing done in a lot of games... but him doing nothing else is scummy. Overall, null leaning scummy.

You have me at null. Your vote is currently on me. You have IR as null-leaning-scummy. That obviously suggests you feel worse about IR than you do about me. Yet you refuse to do anything about it and would prefer to sit on a null read? And this are two null reads amidst a sea of what I imagine to be nulls?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
hiya fellas

games i've been in:

FF6 - Town - Quicklynched by scum on D5 - lost
FF4 - Mafia - Lynched on D6 - lost
IDM - Town - Lynched on D2 - lost
SMRPG - Town - Survived 'til endgame - won.

i don't have scum picks yet (is it even possible to have scum picks this far in with players i've never played with? meh i'll look it over)

don't know why IR is focusing on me so much with his posts.

EBR - why wouldn't town want to know how i typically play (i'm a new player to dgames, after all)?
u so useless y

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I know, right?

Now, is it just my imagination, or is this game actually not moving that quickly as far as Dgames mafia games go?

It did jump him onto my scum reads. His attack on me is a bit grody as well, especially because of his "WL is always town, the fact that he's null means he's scum" thing. dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

and asidoh is better than that.
I'm gonna be wary of you. I already said you give me a townie vibe when you are town. Rather than that though, your earlier play gave me an uneasy feeling, the same I felt when I was reading another certain game that I signed up as a replacement for, in which you flipped scum.

However, your recent string of posts look like town thought process. Maybe I'm a sucker for multiposting?

*looks at DH's votecount and realizes I'm not even on it for some reason*

Uhhhh

unvote
Vote: IngloRetards
Request accurate? votecount

You have me at null. Your vote is currently on me. You have IR as null-leaning-scummy. That obviously suggests you feel worse about IR than you do about me. Yet you refuse to do anything about it and would prefer to sit on a null read? And this are two null reads amidst a sea of what I imagine to be nulls?
Now HLOD ON mister. Just because I'm not giving town/scum lists doesn't mean I'm stanceless. I have some town reads that I don't care to divulge just yet, but don't forget that the game just started recently and exactly 1/3 of the players have done literally nothing yet.

July

Smash Apprentice
I see no reason to view him as scum. What he's asking lines up with what I'm thinking and his questions have good motive behind them.

Let me work through it. I do have a reason for it but let me work through what I'm trying to do.
Kk. I'm fine with giving you time to work through what you are trying to do, I'm just interested to see where you are going with it.

Yes but questions generally have some actual thing they want to know from them. You had:
Not a question
Easy question to ask.
Not a question.

And then you asked about flavor as if you were interested in someone to confirm or deny a potential claim, but then dismissed this interest the second someone said that it's unimportant.

Seems mad scummy.
This is true, the only person I've seen consistently worry about flavor is Nabe. I've been in a couple games with Asdioh and he never seen him worry about flavor before. It doesn't make sense that he is worrying about it now when it never bothered him before.

u so useless y
Actually I like the fact that he didn't just do what EBR told him to do here:

I assume, then, that you are familiar with most of the mafia terms we use. Good.

Vote in your next post.
The thing I don't like is that it's not clear from his last post rather he has read and kept up with the thread or not. If he is still reading, then I can understand not having scum picks yet, but if he is all caught up then he has to have some leads. He seems hesitant to pursue scum picks atm and idk how I feel about that 5 pages into the game and with plenty of content to discuss. I want to here more from Bardull.

Inglorious Retards

Gheb_01|JTB
WL, keep up the good work.

Gord, why do I need a wagon over anyone else?

Asdioh u so scum y, trying to appeal to WL by switching your vote?

unvote
Vote: Asdioh

Dork, please try to get the vote counts correct, JTB is not voting for WL.

July

Smash Apprentice
Now HLOD ON mister. Just because I'm not giving town/scum lists doesn't mean I'm stanceless. I have some town reads that I don't care to divulge just yet, but don't forget that the game just started recently and exactly 1/3 of the players have done literally nothing yet.
Since we are not even 24 hours into the first Day, people not having a chance to post yet doesn't bother. But this I don't particularly like:

@EBR: I don't think the real question is can you trust me. I think the better question is if I can trust you. Don't make me have to dayvig you down the road just because you're being an unreadable ***** and I don't wanna deal with it.

@Inglorious *******s *******: Same question applies.

@Gova: You are a smart man, and you seem trustworthy. Don't stab me in the back later in the game.

@Soup: A visual reminder:

*Censor dodge*
Pic said I run this **** ~ Red Ryu
FoS: Red Ryu

You were in the thread to edit WL's post, but you didn't even say hi, place an rvs vote, or anything *sad panda*

Seriously though, I'm just confused as to why there wasn't even a stop-in hi post from you. Who are your scum picks? And what are your thoughts on the IR wagon?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I think BarD hasn't read up and has skimmed if anything, since it reminds me of what I was like when I skimmed and posted.

vote: IngRetards

IR, have you done anything other than fish for and make meta-related comments (and then dismiss how useful these comments are)? What really hits me is how he didn't even say anything about the results he requested (which imo will do nothing whatsoever for reads anyway). Seriously, acknowledge them at least. Voting what appears to be the next-most plausible wagon as well.

Asdioh's change of heart on WL confuses me. I suppose he had very little reason to suspect him to begin with, but still...also, while his first post is a pile of nothing that tries to look like something, I'll respond to it with yes, I will be more active than what you have experienced.

FoS: Red Ryu for the same reasons as July said.

Inglorious Retards

Gheb_01|JTB
Ghebhead here. I'm reading up atm as I didn't have much time to read / post [getting drunk last evening + starting ducktales just now]. I will have something up soon but it seems a lot of people confuse scumhunting with scapegoating. More details later when I'm read up completely.

Inglorious Retards

Gheb_01|JTB
I think BarD hasn't read up and has skimmed if anything, since it reminds me of what I was like when I skimmed and posted.

IR, have you done anything other than fish for and make meta-related comments (and then dismiss how useful these comments are)? What really hits me is how he didn't even say anything about the results he requested (which imo will do nothing whatsoever for reads anyway). Seriously, acknowledge them at least. Voting what appears to be the next-most plausible wagon as well.
Fish for what?

Have I done anything other than make meta-related comments? Why are you asking me that? Why don't you read and answer your question yourself?

The fact that I didn't publically acknowledge Bardull's post bothers you to the point that you need to vote me?

FoS: asianaussie

Asdioh/AA definitely the two scummiest people right now.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Votecount:

asianaussie (0)
smarboy69 (0)
ThePaprikaKiller (0)
Red Ryu (0)
July (0)
Bardull (0)
Asdioh (3) -Gova, July, IR
soup (1) -Gord
laundry (0)-
Gova (0)
Erupting Burning RYKERRR!!! (Ryker/Kuz) (0)
Inglorious ******* (JTB/Gheb)(6)- Soup, WL, EBR GOrd, asdioh, AA

Erupting Burning RYKERRR!!!

th3kuzinator|Ryker
Gova said:
You acknowledge then that you're finding WL scummy because you don't get a town vibe from him? That's how it reads to me and it makes no sense. Hell, everyone must be scummy to you since they're null because you don't have their usual town read on them right?
Actually, that makes a hell of a lot more sense when you phrase it that way. Its not that Scumdioh just doesn't get a town vibe, its that Scumdioh doesn't get a town or a scum vibe, but since he usually gets a town vibe from WL as a player early game, he's scummier than his other null reads.

Which is blatant bull****.

th3kuzinator|Ryker
July said:
@IR: Hi Gheb! Last time I saw you we were scum together. So far your play has not been great, but honestly not what I expect from scum Gheb. Idk know much about JTB's play though, so IGMEOY until we hear more from your hydra.
How does now knowing that JTB had been the only one posting up until the time of this post affect your read on IR?

th3kuzinator|Ryker
hiya fellas

games i've been in:

FF6 - Town - Quicklynched by scum on D5 - lost
FF4 - Mafia - Lynched on D6 - lost
IDM - Town - Lynched on D2 - lost
SMRPG - Town - Survived 'til endgame - won.

i don't have scum picks yet (is it even possible to have scum picks this far in with players i've never played with? meh i'll look it over)

don't know why IR is focusing on me so much with his posts.

EBR - why wouldn't town want to know how i typically play (i'm a new player to dgames, after all)?
Its very possible to have scum picks with players you've never played with, unless your main focus is meta.

@Bold: Bardull and IR aren't on the same scumteam.

If we had access to the games, that would be one thing if the overeager IR wanted to read up on them and get a feel for your past play. They are in the BBR and IR knew they were in the BBR and thus inaccessible to us. Asking you to summarize them for us creates multiple situations where information can't be checked/verified and thus can be abused. It also gives you an excuse to generate content which I havn't seen jack all of yet this game. Your above post is exactly what I was trying to avoid because I literally learn nothing of value from you giving us that rundown of your past experiences.

In your next post I want to see a vote and I want to see analytical reasoning for said vote.

th3kuzinator|Ryker
Asdioh said:
Don't remind me :| I'll make sure to watch both of you, and not "clear" you as town this time unless I'm absolutely positive.
This reeks.

Wasn't even directed at Asdioh yet he felt he needed to address it. It's also uncharacteristically cautious of Asdioh, which lines up with his one town read and like 11 nulls.

th3kuzinator|Ryker
Fish for what?

Have I done anything other than make meta-related comments? Why are you asking me that? Why don't you read and answer your question yourself?

The fact that I didn't publically acknowledge Bardull's post bothers you to the point that you need to vote me?

Actually, AA's post had a good point in it. The part about you asking for Bardull's past experience so you could meta him and then immediately dismissing any meta you could have gotten from his response as unimportant. Gross. It's pretty obvious his "have you done anything other than X" is just emphasizing the point that your slot has posted a large amount of meta related bull**** and that he's not actually asking you the question.

@GhebHead: Why is Scumdioh currently the scummiest person?

/back to sleep

asianaussie

Smash Hero
That was a rhetorical question. I read over all of your posts a few times before deciding that no, you have not done anything productive. You have, all up, talked about wanting Bar's meta, defended your decision to pursue said meta, and briefly deflected WL's questioning of your non-readability, or something vague like that.

Well, if you're going to be secretive, then sure, but it's still a point of suspicion. Not mentioning it means that it is something you've noted and are keeping, because you are not careless enough to miss the post and should've said something if it was totally insubstantial. I'll be waiting for the big reveal you manage to pull off with the sparse meta you've been given.

wtf is this, even?
His attempt to show he's contributing and voting and stuff. It gives WL kudos for a bunch of responsive posts, and a vote that has, as its basis, a scumtell that involves buddying WL. Lots of attempts to place himself as an ally with a rather towny player.

Inglorious Retards

Gheb_01|JTB
OK, I read up most of the stuff regarding my wagon and went through JTB's suspicions against Asdioh [which I agree with to a good extent].

I don't get the case on JTB at all. His posting was scummy because he was asking for a "new" player's meta? Since when is that a scumtell? Looking through the debate with EBR it looks like the whole point got sidetracked by both players' stubbornness. Would it really have been a problem if Bardull just answered JTB's request and then get it over with? What are the anti-town implications that make that a scumtell? Learning about his meta by asking him to "summarize" his previous games might not be the most effective way to actually understand him but hyperboling a null-tell also isn't the most effective way to hunt scum.
My interpretation is that it's Ryker/Kuz's way to "pressure" somebody and hope to learn anything from it. Any other answer won't cut it for me. I would not believe you if you told me that you'd lynch a players mainly for asking about another players' meta. So what is it that you've learned from JTB's answers that makes you continue to pursue your scumread on him? Be concrete.

Suspicions coming in my next post.

:059:

Inglorious Retards

Gheb_01|JTB
I definitely agree with the suspicions against Asdioh. JTB's point that Asdioh tried to appeal WL by switching wagons is 100% legit. I don't even see any reasoning other than "good stuff, WL" or something among those lines. If asking for a players' meta is a scumtell now why are you accepting such buddying? Asdioh seems really clumsy with his constant non-content, fishing for townie points and reactive play and right now I think that lynching him will be the best play toDay.

The suspicions on AA I don't really see though. It seems like JTB was getting a bit too concerned at being wagoned so early and overreacted to AA's vote and comments but I don't see anything in them that's "wrong" in the same way that EBR's "case" is wrong. I'm more concerned with Gorf because his only post so far kind of reeks in the same way as Asdioh's posts do. Gova always has me wary due to his brevity. I'd like to hear some more thorough thoughts on the current situation from him.
I guess this post also answers EBR's question on Asdioh.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
~June 21, 2011. 11:13 AM

Do you mean "the same people playing differently from before" or "people have different playstyles?" To both: not really. Though at the same time, WL usually gives me a townfeel very early on, when he's town... and I'm not getting that this time around. He's null for me right now, but that leaves him scummier than my other nulls because he should be on my town list, you know?

July 2nd?! ...

Oh snap.

:|

Nobody should ever claim less than 24 hours into the game.
Hmm... EBR...

Dunno what to say against this. It was the very beginning of the game, I had nothing to go on, I asked what came to mind.

Null so far.

Don't remind me :| I'll make sure to watch both of you, and not "clear" you as town this time unless I'm absolutely positive.

I have a town read on Soup. I feel like Soup is an easy target early game, and that's what WL was going for. That, plus the fact that I don't have my usual townread on WL, made me vote for him.

Of course I believe it. Do you remember what J tried to do to me in the first 24 hours of Pizza mafia? When he brought me, the doctor, to L-1 that quickly and desperately tried to get me to claim?

Read on IR: wanting Bardull's background is completely null to me, as I've seen that type of thing done in a lot of games... but him doing nothing else is scummy. Overall, null leaning scummy.
Why is it that you need to be forced to do something? Why are you try'na be as stanceless as possible? Why am I putting you in question so much?

WL said:
Can you clarify what "Not quite" means? Go in-depth. I want to understand your vote on him.
I'll do this in a jiffy. I promise <3

WL said:
Man I wish I can watch Asdioh squirm after lookin at this.

It's things like this that make me think of a possible Asdioh-****** scum team. Or asdioh voting an easywagon town ****** with hopes of sneaking on. But the former sounds better.

July said:

You were in the thread to edit WL's post, but you didn't even say hi, place an rvs vote, or anything *sad panda*

Seriously though, I'm just confused as to why there wasn't even a stop-in hi post from you. Who are your scum picks? And what are your thoughts on the IR wagon?
I kinda thought the same thing, but can you really cast suspicion for that? Activity is a null tell for now. Better to not exhaust your energy into somebody that's not even here, if you get what I'm saying.

I find it weird that EBR didn't move his vote to Asdioh. Noteworthy.

Unvote Vote Asdioh

Deserving of equal pressure.

th3kuzinator|Ryker
OK, I read up most of the stuff regarding my wagon and went through JTB's suspicions against Asdioh [which I agree with to a good extent].

I don't get the case on JTB at all. His posting was scummy because he was asking for a "new" player's meta? Since when is that a scumtell? Looking through the debate with EBR it looks like the whole point got sidetracked by both players' stubbornness. Would it really have been a problem if Bardull just answered JTB's request and then get it over with? What are the anti-town implications that make that a scumtell? Learning about his meta by asking him to "summarize" his previous games might not be the most effective way to actually understand him but hyperboling a null-tell also isn't the most effective way to hunt scum.

My interpretation is that it's Ryker/Kuz's way to "pressure" somebody and hope to learn anything from it. Any other answer won't cut it for me. I would not believe you if you told me that you'd lynch a players mainly for asking about another players' meta. So what is it that you've learned from JTB's answers that makes you continue to pursue your scumread on him? Be concrete.

Suspicions coming in my next post.

There. is. no. case. on. you. .jpg

Regardless your slot is scummy as **** and I would be glad to see it go. No debate got sidetracked and it certainly did not have to do anything my stubbornness because I left the thread quite early in the conversation to do something else while WL kind of continued the attack for me.

Its nice that you can't find any blatantly anti-town implications from such a question. However, tell me Gheb. What pro-town implications can you draw from it? None. The point im getting that is your slot came into the game focusing and sticking to an unimportant issue that provided you a way to generate content. There was nothing of value he could have gained from Bardull's answer and he tapered off from posting altogether once other players began grilling him for legitimate material. He came in last night trying to switch gears and throw suspicion on Asdioh, the next largest bandwagon and buddying WL which I'm going to have to agree with aa is grody. He then follows up and makes a reaching jab on AA which you agree is misplaced.

None of his attacks seem genuine in the slightest.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
WL said:
is what i basically agree with.

asdioh said:
I'm gonna be wary of you. I already said you give me a townie vibe when you are town. Rather than that though, your earlier play gave me an uneasy feeling, the same I felt when I was reading another certain game that I signed up as a replacement for, in which you flipped scum.

However, your recent string of posts look like town thought process. Maybe I'm a sucker for multiposting?

Uhhhh

unvote
this part right here, this part is ****.

"i usually get townie vibes from you when you are town."
cool.
"rather than that though, your earlier play gave me an uneasy feeling, the same i felt when i was reading another certain blah blah, in which you flipped scum."
awesome.
"however, your recent string of posts look like town thought process. Maybe i'm a sucker for multiposting?"
maybe you are.

"UHHHHH DERP

unvote
vote: Ingloretardation"

this is where you **** up, your whole vote doesn't even seem like it has merit.

FoS: Asdioh

there's a difference between joining a bandwgon for a reason and just joining a bandwagon to join a bandwagon.

ingloretards said:
WL, keep up the good work.

Gord, why do I need a wagon over anyone else?

Asdioh u so scum y, trying to appeal to WL by switching your vote?

unvote
Vote: Asdioh

Dork, please try to get the vote counts correct, JTB is not voting for WL.
IR, this is why i FoS Asdioh instead of voting him, what the **** is this.

july said:

not sure if serious july.

in fact, i'm not sure if i'm serious about you being town.
*golf clap.*

AA said:

Asdioh's change of heart on WL confuses me. I suppose he had very little reason to suspect him to begin with, but still...also, while his first post is a pile of nothing that tries to look like something, I'll respond to it with yes, I will be more active than what you have experienced.

I'm ok with this, it's better then what asdioh spewed out.

then IR does **** like:
Fish for what?

i just don't even know anymore, to save me time and aneryusms:

Town -
Erupting Burning Ryker
WashedLaundry
Red Ruy (probably)
Gordito

Null -
Gova
Inglorious *******
Asdioh
July
AA

Scum -
I don't have any technically concrete scum-reads but be damn sure any of those nulls will be scum sometime in this game; but also turn town.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Gova is alright, what he is attacking is his own part, i just wanna see him use those attacks, i've just seen him call out some things but i don't even think he's voted someone yet, i would like to see more basically before i have a concrete opnion.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Ready to take the case.

@Red Ryu: Do you want to be friends this game?
Yes.

*Censor dodge*
Pic said I run this **** ~ Red Ryu
:/

I think the better question is why you are setting myself and kuz/ryker up for blame for being unreadable and not your lack of hydra-reading skills <3
Why do you want to be that unreadable?

I know, Soup. Why are you critiquing me and completely uninterested in the comparison EBR's making?
Why change the subject so soon and not answer Soups question?

Bull**** it's not.

vote: Soup

@EBR: That doesn't answer my question.
Well that was fast.

WL, why are you so concerned yourself that i am not concentrating on EBR?
I'm interested in this as well.

It has nothing to do with EBR. It has to do with the fact that someone is making a serious connection based on meta and the only thing you're content on doing is sitting in an armchair and telling others how to play or what you dislike about their play, neglecting to even mention what others are saying. The post was even a mixed bag, saying you both "liked and hated" it, so the entire thing screamed null to me. Your only points brought up have been answers about flavor and stupid RVS stuff. You hate being told you're not scum hunting but there's not even a subtle hint that you are at the moment, from my point of view.
Valid response.

+ points to WL.

unvote
Vote: Washedlaundry

y u no feel town? Ever since your first post you've seemed grimier than the townWL I'm used to seeing. Speaking of your first post:This confused me because I looked, and I don't see EBR directing anything at you?

@EBR: where is your Soup scumread coming from? I don't think I've ever played a game where he was scum.
Umm what? Your calling him out on meta, explain what pattern he is breaking.

@EBR

The only game I can read with him in it is SMRPG when he was town aligned. If I know that his two other games have also been town aligned, I know a bit about his meta and I can see how his play this game matches up with his play in SMRPG.

I'm not solely relying on meta btw
So what is your case on them for this game for the non meta part?

~

At page 4 atm, glanced over the rest of the game.

July and Aus can take their BS FoS and shove it.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
~June 21, 2011. 2:33 PM

So WL wants reasoning behind ******'s vote.

Washed Laundry said:
Is it because they're using meta that you are voting them?
Them talking about wanting meta is not scummy in itself. Rather, it's the fact that early on, it was their primary, and almost sole purpose. It's as if ****** was making lack of meta his excuse for not scum hunting, when there was plenty more room to do so. In fact, I was reading back looking at ******'s post, and there was almost, if not absolutely, nothing substantial that didn't involve meta until page 5 (40ppp). It's the fact that he seems to be try'na set up personal hindrances to scum hunting.

Well that's my reason at least.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I know, right?

Now, is it just my imagination, or is this game actually not moving that quickly as far as Dgames mafia games go?

Uhhhh

unvote
Request accurate? votecount

Subtle buddying, yet still trying to keep distance between us? Asidoh, why are you so transparent?

@Soup:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12898190&postcount=165
Answer my gogdamn question.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
~June 21, 2011. 2:33 PM

So WL wants reasoning behind ******'s vote.

Them talking about wanting meta is not scummy in itself. Rather, it's the fact that early on, it was their primary, and almost sole purpose. It's as if ****** was making lack of meta his excuse for not scum hunting, when there was plenty more room to do so. In fact, I was reading back looking at ******'s post, and there was almost, if not absolutely, nothing substantial that didn't involve meta until page 5 (40ppp). It's the fact that he seems to be try'na set up personal hindrances to scum hunting.

Well that's my reason at least.
Lemme get a reason out of Soup and then we'll continue this I think. I don't wanna taint his answer.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719

u so bandwagon y

@Soup:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost....&postcount=165
Answer my gogdamn question.

Top Bottom