• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

NeoBatou

Smash Ace

go wreck! wish I could join you guys :(

Yeah at first I didn't know if I can make it to HOBO this time around, but the Yugioh tournament is scheduled on another week and so I was like YES...I CAN DO BOTH.

This will give me time to focus on singles for a change? Man this is gonna be weird. I might just do low tier instead.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
^Sweet, I'll definitely be there.

Edit - Update: Took Sanji Himura and Zane off the possible carpool list; added Denti to the carpool. Keep in mind I now have ONE spot left. Kovu has priority to take the last spot, so if he is not able to go... then Echo will be added and my carpool will be full.

Carpool List:
ALSM
O.T.L.
Batou
Denti

Possible Add-Ons:
Kovu
Deva
Echo

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
This is taken from the AnimeFEST "Back Room" thread. Yeah, I posted it, however I should bring it to the attention of every Texas Melee thread to discuss internally.

Okay, I thought about it and came up with this compromise as far as Melee goes. I realized that it was hypocritical to neccessarly call Melee a dead game, however the numbers have taken a sharp decline since Brawl came on the MLG circuit this year. Compare it to what Street Fighter IV did to Third Strike and what Marvel vs Capcom 3 will do to Marvel 2 once it comes out in March. The old will give way to the young as the saying goes.

However I run into a problem. I lack any Gamecube/Wii titles that will justify buying 8 ASUS monitors exclusively for 8 Wiis.

I am willing to add Melee to the tournament list(I have a memory card that I think has all of the characters unlocked so we don't need to worry about that), however the trade off is that I am unwilling to work the tournament into a Daytime schedule.

So your choice is this, either have the game at the convention to play it at night, or not have the game at all.

By night I mean that tournament start time will be about 11 PM, I think that will be one hour before the rave.

Other tournaments that will be during night time hours will be HDR, Marvel 2 Low Tier, a game mode of Medal of Honor, Halo Reach and duplicate tournaments of Super Street Fighter IV and others.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
It's okay, I think we'll just end up doing a Captain Falcon ditto for shot gun, that sounds legit.
**** it your on!
Uh ALSM I gotta strike a bargain with you so I"ll call you sometime next week about it.

And yeah I can sit in the back...just depends on the vehicle. GET AN SUV O.o

NO MORE GHOST DRIVING ALSM :(

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
**** it your on!
Uh ALSM I gotta strike a bargain with you so I"ll call you sometime next week about it.

And yeah I can sit in the back...just depends on the vehicle. GET AN SUV O.o

NO MORE GHOST DRIVING ALSM :(
I have to say, that ghost driving last time I drove to hobo was pretty legit; sleeping with my foot on the gas pedal and you steering from the passenger seat... I'm sure that won't be necessary this time, lol. As for an SUV, I'm too young to rent one. So, we're going to have to stick with my nissan sentra. Also, everyone in my carpool be prepared to chip in $5 for gas.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I have to say, that ghost driving last time I drove to hobo was pretty legit; sleeping with my foot on the gas pedal and you steering from the passenger seat... I'm sure that won't be necessary this time, lol. As for an SUV, I'm too young to rent one. So, we're going to have to stick with my nissan sentra. Also, everyone in my carpool be prepared to chip in $5 for gas.
Going in your Sentra eh?
Well.....I got bad news for you...

LOL LOOKS LIKE WE'LL BE HAVING THAT CAPTAIN FALCON DITTO DENTI :laugh:

LET THE KNEE **** BEGIN!

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Kovu, I need to know if you're going to be in my carpool or not ASAP.

Just a heads up to everyone in my carpool: We might be leaving early morning Friday (if it's decided that we're picking up Deva from the airport)... like at 8 or 9 in the morning. We're going to meet at my old apartment complex (Westcliff Apts.) at 3481 South Hills Avenue Fort Worth, TX 76109. When you enter the complex, make a right at the fork and continue to go straight... turn left around the corner and the end of the road ( the parking lot closest to the gate/exit) is where we are going to meet. Denti and O.T.L. , I think you guys remember how to get there. There's constuction going on so be careful.

What you should bring on this trip: Hygiene materials (deodorant anyone?), change of clothes, smash gear, and lots, and lots of monies (cash). Be prepared, everyone.

I'll have the carpool and time we're leaving finalized by this Wednesday (Oct. 6).

Update: Added Deva to possible carpool list. Kovu still has top priority. Hurry up and let me know, furry. =P

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
How about friday afternoon or around 3 or so? Like I don't know when we'll be getting off work so..if anything I can get off around 5pm.

Daang man why so early? It's just Houston lol

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Wait... you don't have Friday off? You didn't ask for it off? Call in... I want to hang out and gets some more practice in Houston on Friday before the tourney the next day. 5pm is too late. Get off earlier. 3pm is stretching it, but if Kovu is going, then it's more of a possibility.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Major updates: Carpool is set. I've been busy with school and I want this to go as smoothly as possible, so I've been rushing to finalize our schedule as soon as possible .

Carpool:
ALSM
O.T.L.
Denti
Deva
Batou

Just a heads up to everyone in my carpool: WE ARE LEAVING FRIDAY MORNING AT 9AM, SO PLEASE BE HERE AT OUR DESIGNATED MEET-UP PLACE BEFORE THEN (I'LL BE THERE SHORTLY AFTER 8AM). We're going to meet at my old apartment complex (Westcliff Apts.) at 3481 South Hills Avenue Fort Worth, TX 76109. When you enter the complex, make a right at the fork and continue to go straight... turn left around the corner and the end of the road ( the parking lot closest to the gate/exit) is where we are going to meet. Denti and O.T.L. , I think you guys remember how to get there. There's constuction going on so be careful.

We're picking Deva up from the airport, so we're heading there first, then to our housing destination.

What you should bring on this trip: Hygiene materials (deodorant anyone?), change of clothes, smash gear, and lots, and lots of monies (cash). Be prepared, everyone. $5 PER PERSON FOR GAS.

Sorry for the double post.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
The airport is in Houston (IAH). Driving back from that would be too much... The way I see it, there are two alternatives... 1. Batou asks for the day off and his request is accepted. 2. Asking Deva to wait 4 and a half hours in the airport. 0.o You see my dilemma here? I'm doing Xyro a HUGE favor by volunteering to pick up Deva, since no one else in Houston will bother to pick him up. Plus, it would be cool to have Deva in my carpool and we can hang out. Hopefully, Batou can get the day off.

Denti

Smash Master
Imo, no disrespect to deva, but I think he should wait a bit for us. Him not having a ride right as he gets off the plane isn't our fault. Batou was in the carpool before deva but whatevz, it's not my decision to make.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Problemo's Smashfest
Friday, October 15th
(location has not changed since the last time. Check the front page for details)

Hey, hey, hey you guys! :) I finally have a day of the weekend off, and it turned out to be Friday, so I'm going to be having a good ol' Smashfest. Time will begin at 3pm and last till whenever. If you come later than 9pm, text me first (check front page for details).

I do have one really important thing I need to mention...

... I no longer have a Wii. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( I was on campus at UTA and left my friend to watch it while I was in class in case someone wanted to play it (plus, I admit to being lazy and in a hurry). My friend however, did not pay close attention, and someone snatched it. We practically know who did it, but we don't know his name or anything about him. I've been keeping quiet on Smashboards in case he comes here, but at this point, we're just trying to replace it. =\ If you want to donate $$$ for my new Wii, you're welcome to but DON'T FEEL OBLIGATED. I won't treat you any different if you don't, you guys owe me nothing, and I admit that it's unlikely I would donate for someone else.

TL:DR: So the whole point is, this would have to be a bring your own console event. I really can't do anything without your support.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
TAKE THAT WORKPLACE!
SUCK MY KNEE!

Yeah I love my supervisor....one lie and I get thursday AND friday off :)

Anyways to kinda clear up the air, this is why I had a controversial decision for this HOBO.

1. No one knew you were going to pick up Deva. Next time you have a carpool and you decide to do so, it's best to let everyone know ahead of time. You notice how we usually leave that saturday morning or friday evening? It kinda throws everything up in the air ya know?

But it's ok, I was going to be bummed to not be at this HOBO but it's not worth leaving my job for HOBO, but I thank both ALSM and Denti for always having my back for transportation for tournaments. Thanks for the concerns from both of ya.

Super excited though...Deva is the real deal ALSM and I know you can't wait to play him. I know I can't either. It'll be a first for all of us.

Man, DFW is on the map seriously :)

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't have been able to make the carpool anyways if I had known that you guys were leaving at 8 AM. I am kinda bummed that I won't be able to go, however it is nice that that I didn't because I can focus on a search for a second in command for the AnimeFEST arcade department, provided that I do get the 16th off, which is looking likely.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
^ Good luck, man.
Yeah, I hear ya, Batou. Me picking up Deva was almost last minute, but everything is going to be all right. I'm so hyped for this, words cannot describe. We'll get our practice in tomorrow when we arrive in Houston. Dude, I've been scrambling, going back and forth between school, work, and then smash, but now, I got it all under control. Everyone wish us luck at HOBO 28.

Top Bottom