• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Batou, is it possible to meet at Akon on Saturday for me to give you your game back. I don't have any use for it right now since I got my copy of SSF4, and I've been wanting to give it back to you for nearly a year now.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Batou, is it possible to meet at Akon on Saturday for me to give you your game back. I don't have any use for it right now since I got my copy of SSF4, and I've been wanting to give it back to you for nearly a year now.

Sure. I "ll be in the gameroom or you can try and track me down using my cell number if you still currently have it.

And Kovu, we're so using my tv for brawl minus or regular brawl for the majority of friday or saturday.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Good smashfest, guys, at least for those who came. I already see improvement with Mr. 9, and your Peach is good for teams.

I won't going to Phase 9 or HOBO 25. =( However, I will resume tourney attendance on Phase 10 and continue by going to HOBO 26 and A.L.S. So a short haitus will be followed by heavy activity. =)

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Interesting weekend I tell you.
Akon 2010 was very fun.
HOWEVER...I am madly disappointed at the gaming staff this year for a ton of reasons.

1. Lack of space (last year it was located in the sheraton which had WAY, WAAAY more space for people to play friendlies and more than enough space to host tournaments for any game.

2. The tournaments....most were canceled because of SFIV. The overshadowing hype of SFIV tournaments smothered any chances of the other tournaments. OTL, Denti, Ice, and myself were pissed to find that most brawl tournaments were cancelled but they "had time" to get through all of the Soul Calibur 3, SFIV, and Tekken 6 tournaments....in fact they had every tournament played yet brawl was placed on the back burner.

3. The TO for the entire even was an ***hole. All he cared about was SFIV so they took priority. That better not be the same for next year's event or you will suffer the wraith of Batou's popularity. Because the more people know how you screwed over the other tournaments, the worser your chances are for hosting any tournaments next year SAM o.O

4. The lag on these TV's were horrendous. Now the lag on SeriousCat's computer was small and somewhat easy to get the hang of, but these tournament tv's were complete crap.

5. Controller johns was LIKE A SPREADING STD in which anyone who didn't bring a controller suffered. Didn't have a controller to play with? Well we got plenty of the gamestop white ones you can use...and they are pretty clunky.

But I will say that I am proud of each and everyone who attended Akon 2010 that did play brawl. As a co-founder of the Fort Worth thread I am impressed about friday's tournabouts.

OTL beat me in a very tight 2-1 game. It just goes to show that counterpicking stages can really help turn around a tight situation.

MxT was ****** people with Diddy Kong. I can see the level of determination you put into your main bro :)

I did decent. I went 2-2 overall, the same as OTL too. But I shined in the money matches later on. It's too bad we didn't have a camera to show you. Just because your in Houston or Dallas doesn't mean that Fort Worth can't hand you your own *** on a platter and charge you twenty bucks to do it :d

With HOBO25 this weekend a carpool will be necessary for those who want to go. Make sure you guys get practice beforehand. It's been a while since I've done this I actually feel good posting this over my online hiatus over the month or so. Feel free to PM me so I can get some people rounded up and maybe we can have one or two carpools ready for HOBO25...or call my cell phone 817-707-1698.

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
I didn't bother with the gaming room AT ALL due to the space.

And I was busy with Brawl minus all weekend in my friend's room.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I didn't even go to the gaming room because they didn't let me do the tourney. I knew it wasn't gonna turn out right.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I know SrsCat, it's ********.
I let the guy with the mohawk know that he's doing a sh** job with all the brawl tournaments and he told me to f*** off.

Later he told me that there will be NO friendlies or MM's for brawl cus they were focusing on Street Fighter IV...and I told him to go away. After that I had 5 MM's with random people and he told me to leave. Everyone he needed to do the tournaments was on the other side of the room...the other side was empty...plenty of TV's, controllers, Wii's and space for brawl....yet he still told me to get out.

What a d***. I'm going to do the tournaments next year. I'm applying for it right now.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I know SrsCat, it's ********.
I let the guy with the mohawk know that he's doing a sh** job with all the brawl tournaments and he told me to f*** off.

Later he told me that there will be NO friendlies or MM's for brawl cus they were focusing on Street Fighter IV...and I told him to go away. After that I had 5 MM's with random people and he told me to leave. Everyone he needed to do the tournaments was on the other side of the room...the other side was empty...plenty of TV's, controllers, Wii's and space for brawl....yet he still told me to get out.

What a d***. I'm going to do the tournaments next year. I'm applying for it right now.
It sounds like that he was a complete ****, even more so than DDG who usually runs most of the anime convention, and they worked with me(a little).

If you need help, Batou, let me know ASAP. I can bring my laptop for brackets and I can run the "bothersome" non brawl games on PS2 and PS3. Now granted, that it will cut into what I want to do for Devastation '11 some, but I think that I can juggle it.

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
I've made a decision, I'm not going to any tournaments this summer. I'm taking a break from competitive Smash.

Hell, I might not come back.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I've made a decision, I'm not going to any tournaments this summer. I'm taking a break from competitive Smash.

Hell, I might not come back.
Took you long enough. =P

And yeah, I'm hosting a smashfest this Wed. (tomorrow) from 5pm to whenever. I'm thinking about ordering pizza or getting some snacks for you guys, and this time I'll at least have bottles of water for you guys stay hydrated in this heat, though the AC will be on. I'm not going to HOBO 25 (money,car, and work johns), but I'll definitely have a place for you guys to practice for it. It'll be my practice for Phase 10 and HOBO 26. =) I hope you come to this, and we'll have a blast. =)

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
Updated the OP with Phase 10, ALS, and Animefest details.

And I've removed "Kovu's Hackfest" due my decision to keep it with close friends only.

Also, I miiiiight be at ALSM's smashfest tomorrow, but I get off work at 10 and have to be up by 6.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Alright ladies and gentlemen....here's a good proposition.
I have an idea on an effective carpool arrangement for HOBO 25 (er..HOBO 24? I lose count sometimes lol)

If anyone is willing to carpool to HOBO this weekend and is willing to chip for gas/possible hotel/ and things of that nature, please let me or Denti know ASAP..cus I really want to go and I don't care if I have to spend 100 bucks this weekend. But it would be nice to split the cost for gas and what not...so maybe I won't be so broke during the next week :D

In fact if you are interested in carpools in the later future, please contact me ahead of time so I can get some arrangements set up. Bring a Wii and i'll bring a TV for a free set up and maybe a free entrance fee waver for HOBO.

Thanks and respond asap...

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Great smashfest, you guys, at least for those who came. These matches are getting a lot closer this time around. Seriously, all you guys gave me trouble, O.T.L. with the intense Link dittos (too bad the first game couldn't be recorded; that was too epic), Mr. 9 with his signature spiking Samus that improves everytime I play him, and G-sus with whom I had to pull a tight, clutch performance, he seriously had me. Teams were good as usual. Mr. 9's Samus is getting better at teams, spike ftw. lol I'll record and upload our sets come next time. Have a great day everyone. ^_^

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Great smashfest, you guys, at least for those who came. These matches are getting a lot closer this time around. Seriously, all you guys gave me trouble, O.T.L. with the intense Link dittos (too bad the first game couldn't be recorded; that was too epic), Mr. 9 with his signature spiking Samus that improves everytime I play him, and G-sus with whom I had to pull a tight, clutch performance, he seriously had me. Teams were good as usual. Mr. 9's Samus is getting better at teams, spike ftw. lol I'll record and upload our sets come next time. Have a great day everyone. ^_^
....lol I probably should come by your smashfests ALOT more often...but my time seems lesser and lesser cus of my new job promotion.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Why don't I ever get invited to you-people's smashfests?...
Anyone is welcome to come by my smashfests. Alright, next smashfest you're invited. And anybody else who's interested.

....lol I probably should come by your smashfests ALOT more often...but my time seems lesser and lesser cus of my new job promotion.
Congrats on your promotion. :)

Also, I think it's time for a small, small local tourney in Ft. Worth at my place. I'm deciding to do this either on Monday or Wednesday, possibly other days, but those are the days I work, so I would have to host it early and end it early (Noon to 9PM), but as of now, I'm thinking Monday or Wednesday 3PM to whenever (overnight even).

So the tourney would go something like this:
I'll try to seed based on players' skill and rep. MLG standard rules.
$1 entry fee, winner take all. Simple as that. You can also warm up before the start of the tourney.

What do you guys think?

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Anyone is welcome to come by my smashfests. Alright, next smashfest you're invited. And anybody else who's interested.

Congrats on your promotion. :)

Also, I think it's time for a small, small local tourney in Ft. Worth at my place. I'm deciding to do this either on Monday or Wednesday, possibly other days, but those are the days I work, so I would have to host it early and end it early (Noon to 9PM), but as of now, I'm thinking Monday or Wednesday 3PM to whenever (overnight even).

So the tourney would go something like this:
I'll try to seed based on players' skill and rep. MLG standard rules.
$1 entry fee, winner take all. Simple as that. You can also warm up before the start of the tourney.

What do you guys think?
Would be nice if you get a big turnout.
If it's not more than 16 people you might as well do MM's all day.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
guys, denti has like 2 spaces left in his car so if some one still wants to go to hobo(in 1 day) nows the time!!!

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Speaking of SrsSmashfests.... I feel a forecast of another one of those Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!!. ;)

If I could, I would gladly take a carpool spot, but alas, I must go to work. I promise I will be at the next HOBO, and of course the next Phase ,as well as A.L.S.

Sorry I can't make it to this one, though. =/

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
But..I said not this Sunday.... >.<

Srsly...
Man I just can't come by and school you in some Excitebike or something omg lol

Anyways, HOBO25 was awesome, despite the air condition problem they had.
Denti placed 9th.
I placed reletively low because I doubted wanting to play CF for all of my matches. However I know now that I"m going to main CF no matter what. First I was pressured to play DDD or ROB but as soon as I did that, man I lost because I don't have the faith like I do with CF. I just enjoy playing him better.

Anyways the point of this HOBO25 wasn't necessarily for me, it was for Denti and anyone else who wanted to show up. Being a leader...sometimes you have to discount your own fame and fortune for the blessings of others and this weekend was a shining example. I spent well over 100 bucks to get to HOBO 25 and it wasn't for me either. I see a lot of potential in every player out there and Denti is one of them....just like I see the potential in ALSM, myself, Kovu, MxT...anyone else who's in this thread. I don't even expect Denti to pay me back cus it was worth the experience.

So congrats to Denti for placing high again this time...and i'm sure you'll beat Trela and Ultimate Razer with more practice.

As for me, what I lacked in tournament results I clearly made up for in Money matches. There was so many Toon Links it made me sick lol. So after losing my last match I decided to MM as many Toon links as I can and I won against almost all of them with my CF except for Relax...cus he's a very talented Toon Link player.

Regardless Fort Worth was represented proud in HOBO 25 and that's all I can ask for....but Dallas stole the show as Infinity, Dphat and many other players topped as well not just in singles but in doubles....so congrats to everyone for a successful HOBO yet again.

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
If I can convince my manager to give me Saturdays off, I will end my hiatus.

Until then I'm on an indefinite break, mainly due to rent and bills, and other life issues.

EDIT: So I was playing Brawl minus with my friend Cody, right?

In version 1.5 he mains Link, I main Snake. He's a very predictable and spammy person.

I told him, "You're very predictable with that dair, you know?" Then he tells me I'm predictable with Snake's grenades, lawlz.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Looks like I'm going to have to start picking up the slack for SrsC@.... :p finally get to hold that smashfest that keeps getting pushed around by tourneys and such.

Top Bottom