• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Looks like I'm going to have to start picking up the slack for SrsC@.... :p finally get to hold that smashfest that keeps getting pushed around by tourneys and such.
Bring it on buddy....it's Captain Falcon time....and i'm gonna knee you like you stole my KFC o.O

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Phase 10
MM / Friendlies Edition

June 26th, 2010 - Dallas, TX

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=277032

What's up with MMs and Friendlies?
Xyro and I have decided to try something new this summer to encourage smashers to travel to HOBO/Phase tournaments. We are aiming to make HOBO 26 and Phase 10 as big as possible with NO SIDE EVENTS; the only events will be Brawl Singles ($10) and Brawl Doubles ($10/person). What this means is there will be plenty of extra time to sit down and play friendlies or do MMs with people you don't get to play with often.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
So yeah, I know this is like short notice, but I'm holding a smashfest today at my place, starting now until whenever we feel like stopping. More details in the OP under ALSM's Understandable Johns. Come if you can, even if it's late as hell.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Problemo's Smashfest!
SATURDAY, JUNE 19TH
Keep in mind this is not a routine smashfest and it will not happen every week.

2421 Via Palermo, Fort Worth TX
Apartment #1411 (Villa's at Oak Hill Apartments)
Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2421 ...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

Directions:
Coming from I-30, head down south on S. Hulen St. until you reach Bridgeview Drive on the left. (it should be just after a little road construction on a bridge). Then turn left at the stop sign and go down the road until you see the apartment gates on the left.

Coming from I-20 or further south, go up North on S. Hulen St. until you pass a Walgreen's on the right. Look for Bridgeview Drive on the right after the 2 consecutive stop lights. Take it, and then turn left at the stop sign and go down the road until you see the apartment gates on the left.

Time:
1pm - 1am-ish

Phone number:
YOU WILL NEED THIS TO GET IN!!
817-627-7907

IMPORTANT: HOW TO GET IN
When you get to the apartments, call my number on your phone so that I can come let you in. (If you can piggy back off of someone else getting in when there is no security on duty, you can usually do that and get away with it. SHHHHH!!!)

Parking may be a pain if there is a lot of people. You can only park in unroofed areas.

BTW, there will be pizza.
Alrighty guys. This one's for real. no tournaments this weekend = jesse can hold his smashfest. My friend is coming down this weekend and wanted to play smash so I thought what better way to fulfill his wish by inviting FortWorth over too.

I'm still offering Pizza so show up you guys! :D

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Alrighty guys. This one's for real. no tournaments this weekend = jesse can hold his smashfest. My friend is coming down this weekend and wanted to play smash so I thought what better way to fulfill his wish by inviting FortWorth over too.

I'm still offering Pizza so show up you guys! :D
Hey I"ll show up.
Thanks for inviting us and thanks again for representing Fort Worth.
Denti and I will sure to be there bro.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I love your sig, Batou. lol

Anyway, I'll definitely be there, I'm pretty sure there will be a better turnout than my smashfest today. xD
HAHAHA, so did I dude....and it started at the last HOBO.

So yeah if your wondering wtf Batou, this isn't quite you...well it's simple.

I MM'd a Snake player during HOBO25 and he was such a campy little *****, after I beat him I laughed and told him "You just made me realize how much brawl can be easier. Thanks scrub." My CF beat his Snake but it took way too much effort and less effort on his part..... So after I took my mother******* 5 bucks, I have switched my main to Snake....not to camp, mind you...but if I have TO camp, I will. Approaching with Snake is no problem at all, and if your gonna throw bombs, I've got World War freaking 88 attached to my B Button on my gamecube and I"ll use it to the maximum if I have to. Besides, CF can't poop bombs out of his behind.

It will take some getting used to, but Snake's not a hard character to play at all. In fact I've got pro help from some people so I won't be far off from just maining him all the time....however I will still play CF for MM's and low tier singles or doubles or friendlies....just not as much.

But Denti and Kovu, I'm sure you know why I chose snake as well lol :laugh:
No worries on your smashfest, it was kinda last minute....but you had plans anyways.

PLANS JOHN FTW

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Oh, I'm gonna be dishing out more than just bombs, lol, but yeah, you're the first-person shooter type of gamer as well, so it only makes sense for you to main Snake, lol, though is Meta Gear Solid first-person shooter? Idk, never played the series. Whatever, point is, Snake's the "shooter" type.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Legit bump and double post for epic Legend of Zelda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCQ_LNPTmF4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4XpGnegMns

Thoughts? I can't wait! :D
Link for top tier in the next smash. =)
Make him top tier.
However you know just as well as me that if they don't have awesome characters like CF or Link at least mid tier, they'll never reach top tier.

It's like reaching for the stars.....then realizing how far it is :D
But then again, LINK'S GOT THE MOTHER******* TRIFORCE BABY!!
And uh...I have a ultra high speed vehicle capable of moving at MILLIONS OF MPH.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
RSVP list for the Smashfest:
1. Problemo (Metaknight)
2. Tubbo (Marth)
3. Fro (Ganon)
4. Neobatou (Snake)
5. Denti (Olimar) my heart is bleeding
6. AeroLink (Link)
7. Jew (Fox) - [maybe]
8. TheWinged (Wario)
9. TheWinged's friend (???)

Looks like we're getting some variety. I feel sorry for any Fort Worth smasher who is missing out.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
RSVP list for the Smashfest:
1. Problemo (Metaknight)
2. Tubbo (Marth)
3. Fro (Ganon)
4. Neobatou (Snake)
5. Denti (Olimar) my heart is bleeding
6. AeroLink (Link)
7. Jew (Fox) - [maybe]
8. TheWinged (Wario)
9. TheWinged's friend (???)

Looks like we're getting some variety. I feel sorry for any Fort Worth smasher who is missing out.
Strike me off the list. I had forgotten that your smashfest is actually on the same date as my Yugioh Tag Team Tournament in Oklahoma today and I have to lead my team to victory...plus I NEED THE MONEY LOL. I'm just gonna wait till Phase. Sorry about this problemo, next time I'll come to your next smashfest.....I'll be sure to check my schedules and see what happens.

-sigh- Being a leader is tough work. Anyways, have fun Fort Worth Smashers, and again...thanks for contributing to the Fort Worth Thread. See you guys at phase or any smashfest before then.

-Neo Batou

-sigh- Sometimes being a leader sucks. Good thing I don't miss out on the sex or I might have to stop half the s*** I do lol

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
At the time you posted your message (Saturday, 3:58pm) it was still going on. The smashfest just now ended. You missed a good number players. Thanks again to everyone who showed up guys. It was a lot of fun. :)

Shoutouts to who showed:
* Problemo - Hey that's me

* Stormy/Tubbo - This guy can be crazy good at almost anything he wants. Good games and glad to see you still got it.

* The Winged - Improved a bit since SeriousCat's smashfest. Just maintain a positive attitude, even when the game is over. It'll help you in the set, help your improvement process, and keep your controller in tact.

* The Winged's friend - uh... sorry i can't remember your name man. =.= I know you're the best bowser in Fort Worth, but I'll keep your secret to such an accomplishment a secret. Like I said to the Winged, just stay calm. I know it's not easy, I have trouble too sometimes, usually in wifi.

* AeroLink / Surgio - fffffffff*** he knows the Falco match up now! haha jk. It'll be exciting if we get a rematch at Phase 10

* Zack (just Zack?) - lol, I don't think we ever got around to playing, but you seem to do really well vs Aerolink, so I bet you're good. Stormy said he really enjoyed playing you. Thanks for coming by. Hope to see you at Phase 10

* Graham - Double Melee Samus team ftw... uhh.. he needs to find a solid character for Brawl though. >__>

* Drew - working on his Snake for Brawl, though JUST beginning. His Melee Fox is crazy weird though and can throw you off.

* Jacob - No! Ness and Bowser in fact DO NOT make a good team! lol

* George - holy moly, since when was his Marth decent?

--------------------
Shoutouts to no-shows:

x Denti - Where you at?!

x NeoBatou - Stormy wanted to meet you. He made a homemade arcade stick too and enjoys Street Fighter and such.

x SeriousCat - seriously... well you haven't been on smashboards in a while so I just assume you've been busy with life. That's cool man.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Kinda been taking a break from Smash, didn't have any money for a while, gotta get my life back to profitable.
I know the feeling SrsCat...I think we are on the same page.
But next time if you have a smashfest let me know ahead of time and I"ll see what I can do problemo.

BTW I appreciate what you guys are doing....Fort Worth is on the map for a while now so I say keep up the good work.

Stormy - Sure man we'll play some MVC2, CVS2, Third Strike and some brawl when we finally meet....or any other games you want to play.

Bowser is hard to play in teams as is for singles because of his big hit box area and lack of speedy attacks. His UpB seems to be his only chance if a characters is trying to jab lock or just be more physical than Bowser...

Remember guys, in order for you to be an effective brawl player, you must keep your temper in check.

Losing, johning, elitist attitude, screaming or throwing your controller down or pissing someone off will alter your way of playing brawl forever and you won't be the same person again....and as far as me and Kameron are concerned, it's not allowed here in the forums. We want to display a positive aura when Fort Worth players get together to play brawl...we want you guys to have fun as well. So dont' worry about it......camping, bad match-ups....make me want to GIVE MY GAMECUBE CONTROLLER THE FALCON PUNCH.....but meh...you live and you learn...so don't let it get to you bro.

lol Hey Kovu I think you know what i'm talking about :) Hah we'll talk later on that subject in person as well....

Thanks for your input on the forums
-Batou

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
About getting mad. It's definitely something that I still need to work on too. I think I've made some improvement, but some days it's just.. >.< oooh! I usually put down the controller and go punch my pillow if I have to. Just wanted to let everyone know they are not alone.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Almost everyone has at least rage-quitted before. It's part of competition, you just have to put it behind you and focus on the next game.
Also, about the Link-Falco matchup, it's been so long since I faced a campy falco, it really takes a lot of determined focus and patience, and counterpicking stages is really crucial as well. I believe most top falcos wouldn't camp so much against Link; when I played against Ozz he didn't camp, but then again, it was a friendly. When I played against Razer in tournament, I cped Final Destination for his snake, then he switched to Falco, much in the same way Problemo did against me after defeating his Meta Knight (I didn't ban FD thinking he would stay Meta-Knight). 0.o Razer didn't have to camp completely to beat me; he just mixed it it up with aggressive play and excellent timing of lazers and phantasm, which caught me off guard.

Falco does have the tools to wreck Link up-close, but then again, a campy falco is the best way to play against Link IMO.

ALSM vs. KSK (Falco)
Round 2 Winners Bracket
Game 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr8V6Ey_XNs&feature=related
Game 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QMXsyF3Q7o

Grand Finals
Game 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdxASVduYwQ
Game 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tCkRDfUyuE

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Can someone give me tips on how I can lose 40-50 lbs by September-ish?
Run as hard as possible uphill for 30 seconds.
Walk back to the bottom slowly over 1.5 minutes

A dude your age has a target heart rate of 160. When you reach this heart rate is when your body kicks in to full gear and starts using a ton of energy. Whenever your body starts looking for energy it will look for the most efficient place to find it's energy - specifically muscle.

Between a heart rate of roughly 100 - 140 your body isn't using as much energy and doesn't need to go to muscle for energy, so it instead will use fat it has stored to generate energy. You want to keep your heart rate jumping up and down between 100 and 140 in order to make your body eat away fat for energy.

Therefore, if you run uphill as hard as possible for a short amount of time, then casually walk down the hill for a longer period of time, your heart rate will jump up and down and this will trick your body in to burning off a lot of weight.

Seriously, if you do this for 30 minutes a day for a week you'll lose 20 lbs. No exaggeration.

Top Bottom