• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DasDonkey Vertex Box v2.2 Released!!

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
You can, when editing the sword, select two opposite vertices on the sides of the sword which you want to have mirrored. Using the scale tool, you can scale the vertices on the axis the sword is laying on. This will move both vertices equidistant from the sword's center, and essentially mirroring the edit on both sides

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
So, as it stands, I have this question.. This isnt perfect yet? When i have tried to use the newest version, i get results of not much change. my method is:
everything up to the export section as obj, then i also export the same section as a .3ds
i use the obj in DDVB2, and the 3DS in Anim8or (preffered 3d studio) then after, i export it to 3ds, and reload it in autodesk 3ds and i re export that edited part as an obj. it use the steps in DDVB2, and i get like a fusion between the original, and the edited model. if i double patch, it's sometimes less than the edited model :/ also, DDVB gave me an error for CFalcon's face when making a patch

Edit: I had an apiffany... I'm gonna try it out, but it should fix our problem of vertex's only moving about half or so of whats intended

Edit2: I made a quick program that compares what vertecies haves been moved, and moves them 2 times as far. when loaded back in with DDVB2 it gets even closer resaults, but if anyone knows the correct scale, let me know

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
hey forta, for that (the half sized move, you need to resize the original model when import, if you installed the newest ver of collada's plugin of the official page, you need to resize the model when import, using mariokart script, just check the "resize" option, or if you are using the older ver of his script check the "3dsmax 2010" opcion (mo matter if you're not usin that ver
or resize manually at 254% on all axis

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
hey forta, for that (the half sized move, you need to resize the original model when import, if you installed the newest ver of collada's plugin of the official page, you need to resize the model when import, using mariokart script, just check the "resize" option, or if you are using the older ver of his script check the "3dsmax 2010" opcion (mo matter if you're not usin that ver
or resize manually at 254% on all axis
-facepalm- and to think i spent around 3 hours or more writing script to convert float to regular numbers and back D: lol thank you, this will save more time instead of using my program :D im gonna try to make sly cooper

snow-wolf

Smash Cadet
I downloaded Dasdonkey vertex box 2.1, but Norton said that Dasdonkey vertex box 2.1 was an extremely dangerous virus, why did that happend?

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
looks like that norton (very bad antivirus on my opinion) and AVP, says that DDB is a virus, I checked, with Kaspersky 2010, an online checker, and NOD 32, and all says me that is ok, maybe is the jar to exe conversosr, i don't know, but don't worry is safe use the app

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
New Version!! 2.2

Change Log:

- Now DDF files are in the folder DDF.
- Create DDF folder to start.
- Clean the code.
- Optimized reading OBJ files
- Now the application has icon.

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
Yep, this changes will be to improve the app, adding details, improving code, process etc

n64billy

Smash Ace
AVG Also picks this up as a virus... but you can add an exception to still run it. No you can't.... it still picks it up....

You need to disable your "Resident Shield" before running this with AVG installed

I'm testing out 2.2 to see if it works with Maya yet...

Confirming that DasDonkey Box 2.2 still does NOT work wit Maya...

n64billy

Smash Ace
Yes it does...

When exporting out the OBJ files for DDB to work with, it recognises them and says that patching is complete, but when opening the edited model, it's still the same... no changes get applied...

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I downloaded Dasdonkey vertex box 2.1, but Norton said that Dasdonkey vertex box 2.1 was an extremely dangerous virus, why did that happend?
This happens because of Norton's stupid Ws.Reputation checker, which basically means that if less than 100 users in the Norton community have it and it was released less than x number of days ago (I forget the exact amount of days) Norton automatically labels it virus for some reason.

n64billy

Smash Ace
can you send me a maya obj to take a look?
There is no such thing as a "Maya OBJ", but I can give you an OBJ file that was exported using Maya...

Just give me a second to upload them...

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/?g36h3ff7garve84
There you go...
It's the polygon for Marios Hands and Feet, all I did was enlarge the hands REALLY big so you should easily see the difference

Michi

Smash Apprentice
When I start DasDonkey VertexBox to create a patch, I get this error:
Creating. . .
===============================
Error: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Vertex.ddf (Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden)

But the vertex.ddf is in the "DDF" folder.

Problem fixed, there had to be one vertex.ddf in the DDF folder and one vertex.ddf in the folder where DasDonkey Vertex Box is.
is that normal?

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
amm, yes about that, I forget to say, vertex.ddf need to be where DDB is, not on the DDF folder, on the DDF folder are the ddf files generated with DDB,
sorry for that xD

Michi

Smash Apprentice
When vertex.ddf is only in the folder where DDB is, there is nothing in "DDF Files" in DDB.

It just works when vertex.ddf is in the folder where DDB is and in the DDF folder

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
no, if vertex.ddf do not apear on the ddf list doesn't matters, the vertex.ddf file doen's need to be on the DDF folder

n64billy

Smash Ace
Maya support would be awesome. It's what the movie and game industry use after all.
The gaming industry actually focuses with 3DS, but yea, Maya is the leading CG Program for blockbuster stars (Avatar, for example... That was all done with Live Motion Capture in Maya... Such a great system they made!)

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I already look the maya obj, and I saw the problem.
on the 3ds obj each vertice is diferent from the maya obj:
v 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000 (3ds)
v 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000 (Maya)

the diference is a space betwen v and the number, i just need to make a quik ajust to the code

n64billy

Smash Ace
Yes, I already look the maya obj, and I saw the problem.
on the 3ds obj each vertice is diferent from the maya obj:
v 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000 (3ds)
v 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000 (Maya)

the diference is a space betwen v and the number, i just need to make a quik ajust to the code
Maybe just add a radio button to select whether it's a 3DS or Maya OBJ..
Good work

EDIT: It (somewhat) worked..! I'm at tafe, so no hex editor program on me right now, but I did change the v's to have two spaces in notepad, and DDB2 is now exporting out the changes... It's not quite right yet. I'm going to try Double Patching...

EDIT2: Can't export .dae's on this computer.... I'll try again with another character/polygon...

EDIT3: Still no luck yet.....

n64billy

Smash Ace
im watching the pictures, the model needs to be lying down
No they don't... As you can see the verts are facing the right way... but... I think it's how 3DS and Maya organise their files... Like, information at the start, and afterwards...

I don't have 3DS at tafe, so couldn't research it more there, but I'll check it out now I'm home

n64billy

Smash Ace
I need two files..
- An unedited polygon as an OBJ from 3DS
-An edited polygon as an OBJ from 3DS

Just a simple edit, like making someones hands bigger, changing the shape of a sword.. Anything, and something that doesn't need double patching would be sweet..

These two files need to work with DasDonkeyBox 2...
If I can't get the files by 24 hours (I'm literaly not able to go on my computer until 9am tomorrow morning) then I could just get the files myself...

Please PM me if you can get me the files.... as in..... in the next few hours...

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
I was checking, the MAYA obj and 3ds obj, with the same file, looks like that MAYA changes the vertex order when export, for example:
original data
v 1.0 1.0 1.0
v 2.0 2.0 2.0
v 3.0 3.0 3.0

on maya it changes randomly like
v 3.0 3.0 3.0
v 1.0 1.0 1.0
v 2.0 2.0 2.0

I guess that changing a config when export this can be fixed, but for now, DDB now read sucessfully MAYA obj, just we need to check that on Maya

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
I never use Maya before, so I i need a screenshot of the settings, when you export, and whe you import the collada file to see the trouble

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
I'm stuck here, and have problems... can anyone help me please? PM me? :<

Here are the files for the un edited and edited
http://www.mediafire.com/?8sjub8gf03pmrbi

If it helps, im using 3ds max 8, i check the 2010 check thing on mariokarts script, and i make a copy of the selected polygon as a 3DS to edit in Anim8or, then reload in 3ds max 8 to export as an edited obj (this has worked for me before)

i fixed it by using the new plugin, tho i still have problems with lucario's dreadlocks and ears

Milun

Smash Ace
Hey could somebody please pretty please help me? I've got DasDonkey, the .dll file it complains about (which I dragged onto the program to link it), and it gives me this error whenever I try to patch my .obj:

I have no idea what's wrong. I've downloaded Java several times, with no luck. Is it the way I'm creating a .obj, by just renaming a .txt (and its extension) to .obj?

Thanks, I really appreciate any help.

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
why you rename the txt to obj???
Why you get a txt file in first place

Top Bottom