• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DasDonkey Vertex Box v2.2 Released!!

Milun

Smash Ace
Well you see 'TestObj.obj' in the right-hand box? If I don't do that, then there's nothing there, and pressing any button makes the program request I select a .obj.

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
but the obj file need to be an exported obj with your 3D editor, becasue that says (vertex rad failed (in spanish)) becasue the obj that you are useing doesn't have any vertex data

Milun

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, I don't understand. How can I export something which I don't have? I tried exporting a cube to a .obj with Blender, and then making DasDonkey patch that with the .dff, and sill nothing.

Thanks anyway.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
das donkey box was meant for editing brawl characters, not importing obj files.

if you follow the steps to use this program, you would have imported a converted brawl model into .dae and later save it as a .obj so that you can apply your changes to the model

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Any progress on maya support? :) If that ever works, I could use zbrush and make some really really pro looking textures.

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
The Maya support is complete, it works with maya and Zbrush obj (I tested it), but I want make some improvments to the obj reader, to make it faster and more precise

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
I don't understand how to use this program at all. Is there a walkthrough? I don't know what DDB is. I extracted a vertice from brawlbox, and the program recognizes it, but it doesn't do anything. What is the command to convert it into OBJ so I can edit it?

n64billy

Smash Ace
I don't understand how to use this program at all. Is there a walkthrough? I don't know what DDB is. I extracted a vertice from brawlbox, and the program recognizes it, but it doesn't do anything. What is the command to convert it into OBJ so I can edit it?
Dude... did you even search?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb3PkjQe2fA
That's the second result I found when youtubing "DasDonkey Box Tutorial"
It has all the links you'll possibly need in the description... Search and learn my friend.... search...... and learn........

(By the way Akari_Un, would I be able to get a test version for Maya support, or will you officially release an update soon?)

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
for now Im on little troubles, tryng to improve the obj reader, I screwed up and Im fixing it T.T

n64billy

Smash Ace
I don't mind if it's a bit slow... I'd just like to test how well it patches things I'm having problems with... like... if I can fix them by using maya...

bobjrsenior

Smash Cadet
I followed all the steps in the tutorial and i tried to edit toonlinks sword(Make it longer and three vertices on each side out and up) and it seems to be working right till the very end. When i applied the last patch it did edit it and make it better but it still doesn't look right. Its all wavy and that not how i edited it. With some overlapping of textures and slight Z coordinate drops. Does anyone know whats wrong?

n64billy

Smash Ace
I followed all the steps in the tutorial and i tried to edit toonlinks sword(Make it longer and three vertices on each side out and up) and it seems to be working right till the very end. When i applied the last patch it did edit it and make it better but it still doesn't look right. Its all wavy and that not how i edited it. With some overlapping of textures and slight Z coordinate drops. Does anyone know whats wrong?
In my honest opinion... DasDonky Box is only useful for all other programs besides 3DS.... if you have 3DS, try following this video. It works so much better...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYXeXMmzlsk

n64billy

Smash Ace
Other programs, like Bleeeendeerrr?? Sorry for (kind of) spamming with this question, and it's probably been answered before, but it's not in the OP--which it probably should. So is the Box compatible with Blender or not?
If blender can export OBJ, why not try it yourself? You might not be getting answer possibly because
A) No one else has tested it
B) Anyone who has, may not be watching this topic

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Alright so, I tried doing this with Blender, but I'm stuck. I can't seem to get Blender to import .dae models (properly). It won't "Import New Scenes". I could get it to "Only Import Main Scene", but then I got some kind of rough model base, vaguely resembling the Brawl character.

...To be honest, I'm not 100% sure of what I'm doing. However, I will continue my attempt to figure Blender out...

*EDIT*: I just noticed that the Blender command prompt-thing is telling me:

The minor verson of the file you are using s newer than the plug-in, so errors may occur.

Right, so, what is it exactly that I have to change/update?

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Okay well I downloaded Dasdonkey box 2.2 along with the mariokart script, the ais.0.1.1 and even ais.0.1.3 so I know I've got everything, I've got everything that was shown in the video on the main site. But for some reason whenever I pull the Fitcharacter.pac file into either of the ais.exe's, the command prompt comes up for a split second and then just kind of goes away leaving nothing behind.... Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? If it helps at all, I'm running windows 7 64-bit.

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
Try with right clic - Open with - Ais 0.1.1, try with the pac file and the brres file
and check that the model doesn't have removed polygons

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Okay well I finally got it to give me a .dae file. The method you guys previously decided to work today for some strange reason. But now it just refuses to open in 3ds max. It says it's an improper file format.

Edit: This was with an already modded version of captain falcon so I tried with the original Link like in the DasDonkey video tutorial. I had to do the same thing with the Model0.Brres and it gave me the dae and loaded in 3ds. But it only loaded as an extremely small blob or something that i couldn't even zoom in far enough on.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
I don't see another Dae file type. I'm using 3ds max 9 sp2 if that helps.

Edit: Okay I had to go install the Collada plug-in. Now I can open the unedited Link.pac but I for some reason still can't open the edited Captain Falcon.

Akari_Un

Smash Apprentice
Any word on when that Maya-compatable DDB is coming out?
soon just be patient, I added support for maya and Zbrush, I haven't tested on others 3d editors, ( feel free of test ), but Im working rigth now on add support for UV map edition (only 3ds max [I don't kwow how to edit UV maps in another 3d editor and I don't want to learn])

~AM~

Smash Rookie
Whenever I open the file it says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You man not have appropriate permissions to access the item"

Help Please?

felixsrg

Smash Cadet
When I apply the patch to the mdl0 the model remains unchanged, I do everything reight, and even redo it, but it doesn't work, please help me.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
The download is messed up, when I try to extract the .rar file it says the file is corrupted, and I've tried 3 different extracting programs

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
I'm having an issue with this. I followed all of the steps to use this and when I tried to preview my model in BrawlBox, none of the changes showed up. Can someone tell me why?

glurak15

Smash Rookie
hello
I've tried to do a vertex hack with this tutorial video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zZUss7H5Ck
Most of it works, but if I import the model in blender, there are only the vertices shown, without any edges and faces. For small changes it's possible to create a new model, but I'd like to create complex and new models, but only the vertices are too less.
I know in the tutorial it looks the same, but does anyone know another way so I've the faces and edges during editing?
Thank you.

jellyfishjosh

Smash Rookie
When vertex.ddf is only in the folder where DDB is, there is nothing in "DDF Files" in DDB.

It just works when vertex.ddf is in the folder where DDB is and in the DDF folder
i know why. you need 2 vertex.ddf's 1 in DDB the other 1 in DDF

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
das donkey's been removed from your site!

Hey, I'm just beginning to learn about editing textures and stuff. I'd like to learn how to edit vertexes, and I see that i need DasDonkey for that. When I go to the site linked here and try to download it, I get this federal message saying it's been removed. Where can I still get dasdonkey? or do people use a different program to edit vertexes now?

Top Bottom