• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dayton Ohio Nexuslan Tournament March 14 @ Mound Street Acadamies

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
*sigh*
If this gets 32+, I'll come.
If this will have pools, I'll come.
Is there a setup list going around?

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
If I'm convinced to go (I'm just a little skeptic since it isn't going to be entirely focused on brawl) I will bring a setup (TV +Wii/Brawl)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I might be able to make it to this. I'll be up for MM's from most people. $5, $3 or $1.

I'm not big on teams but if someone interesting will team with me, I'll do it.

If someone brings Melee I'll do MM's for that too.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Sweet, also this one in particular may not make it to 32+, but eventuall we hope to make it fairly large. This is the first one so its kinda a test to see how things will work in the future.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I might be able to make it to this. I'll be up for MM's from most people. $5, $3 or $1.

I'm not big on teams but if someone interesting will team with me, I'll do it.

If someone brings Melee I'll do MM's for that too.
Put me down for a Ness vs Lucas for $1. I'm bringin my wallet to this one (anyone for low tiers melee MMs?).

edit: If I don't find a second for teams, I'll partner with you.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol I hate fighting Ness but definetly. I'll have to see how you play to do teams. I'd rather team with a higher tier if possible.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
lol I hate fighting Ness but definetly. I'll have to see how you play to do teams. I'd rather team with a higher tier if possible.
I don't main Squirtle! I only play PT for low tiers; I really main Lucario. If you mean higher tier as in a better player than, ouch first off, you might be able to snag someone from Cinci.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I don't really like doubles that much so if I'm going to be in them I want to place well or play with a character that I don't have much experience with. I've played Ness and Lucario decently often so I know the character.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Ok....first off, Tyr 03, your dollar is mine!

Second, how many people would actually be interested in a melee tournament? It'd be a shame if we didn't get one together.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Alright, I'm ready to accept the fact that a melee tourney probably isn't going to happen. Fortunately, my Jiggs is still willing to take your money. I'm up for 1v1 $ matches or low tier $ matches. If Tyr03 or anyone else wants to put some Melee Money (I like the ring that has to it) on the line, I'm game for it.

I'd prefer to bet money on low tiers, cause my Link is too good not to make me money; I'll play Ness if the match (Bo3) is only for 1 dollar.

WHO WANTS SOME

clowsui

Smash Legend
Tyr give me a ride to this
Also Steel is better than me at Marth now >__>; How annoying. I'm just not good at trapping/predicting + I always play like I'm playing e_

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'll see if I can. No promises. Still not even 100% sure I can go.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
the prizes will be determined by the sponsors at the event, the event only has a get-in cost entering everything else (even pc tournaments) will be free to enter. Also I cant see the singles running any longer than 3 hours, doubles maybe 1.5. They could also be easily less as well.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Any chance we can get an idea of what these "prizes" might be?

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Sponsors so far:
Thermaltake
BDA Gamer
Slappa
eDimensional
Thermalright
Alienware
CPU
Bawls
Family Video
VROOM Foods

so generally something from any of these i dont know which ones as im not staff im just promoting this.
also there is a best buy gift card im throwing in there.

JeLLITYMe

Smash Rookie
Intel is also a sponsor. (Here is hoping for CPU processors to be prizes!)

If there is 25+ then we will prolly go into pools of 5 or something (assuming we will have 5 set-ups)
If anyone can bring recording equipment, that will be helpful (you can take full credit for hosting the matches on youtube).

One note, gates will close by the start of the first PC tourney (we will have staff at hand to let in/out any late stragglers) so please get here early, once we get everyone situated for the tourney, then we will start pools/matches. More info at Nexuslan.org

clowsui

Smash Legend
1. Are you guys depending on outside setups? i.e. You need people to bring them?
2. How many are you expecting? I mean, if I were you I'd be trying to plan this out based on expectations.

For example:

The prediction is 25 people. This makes 12 teams, and 25 singles entrants.

5 setups. All calculations will assume max time.

DOUBLES
3:30 Registration Ends
4:00 Tourney Begins - Dbls Rd 1 starts (1 FREE SETUP, 4 Byes)
4:24 Dbls Rd 2 WB, Rd 1 LB (all byes) starts - 1 FREE SETUP
4:48 Dbls Semis WB, Rd 2 LB PART 1 (Play 3 of 6 matches -- 2 Setups Available)
5:12 Dbls Semis WB, Rd 2 LB Part 2 (Play the remaining 3 - 2 Setups available)
5:36 Dbls Winners Finals, Rd 3 LB (2 setups available)
6:00 Dbls LB Round 4 (3 setups available)
6:24 Dbls LB Round 5 (4 setups available)
6:48 Dbls LB Finals (4 setups available)
7:28 Dbls Grand Finals (4 setups available)
8:24 Singles Pools
---
Each pool having 1 setup, you will need to play 25-5 = 20 sets. Let's place a 6:00 time limit on these, since they're just pools games. So you will need at least 2 hours for pools, singles.
--
10:24 Singles Tournament Begins

Already, assuming MAXIMUM time for the doubles tourney + singles pools, you're at 7 hours of gameplay. This may be unreasonable, but I think it's appropriate to create a general outline and a "worst case scenario".

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Im fairily sure we will need as many outside setups as possible and we will probablly do singles before doubles for those who have time restrictions and pools will be 6 min 2-stocks, also we may be looking into having time set aside for a stupid but moronically fun spin-off of brawl: Wario Bike Racing! =p

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
5. There are a lot of leet people who have been to tourneys that are going to this one. For example, Nope/MHoltz two stocked Ally in a money match (he still lost 2-1 though :(), Paradigm (at one point one of the Midwest's best Samuses in Melee), and me (famous for being a "shiesty" TO for two tournaments during the winter break that received positive responses). The rest of Cincinnati may be coming to this too - they are also very leet:
Overswarm - ...it's OS, nuff said
Kel - one of the if not THE best MK in the MW East behind Judge. Has beaten OS, AZ, and Quivo all on different occasions, just loses to a stupid Pikarat all the time
Doctor X - easily one of the most tourney active Pits who is very good with him.
Tyr - ~3rd or 4th best Lucas main in the US.
God KAIs - they're all minorities who have placed and played pretty well at most tournaments they've gone to. Very notable for all having at least one "uncommon" main and dominating with them at one point or another.
Kel moved to Chicago I believe.
Also, I just want to point out that Scribble's no pushover himself. He knocked out Nope at the last tourny after all (though from the videos I'm seeing, he's gotten a lot better since then).

Also, I know my name's already on the list, but I'll restate that I'm going to this.
I can bring a Wii and I can see about a TV (though that's a lot less likely...).

Anyone for a Random MM?

clowsui

Smash Legend
Kel hasn't gone anywhere, he's leaving next Thursday
I'll Random MM for $1 XD; maybe...

I have no setups :(

Hmm I'm notoriously bad vs. MK so we'll see how I do against Scribble XD

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
also we may be looking into having time set aside for a stupid but moronically fun spin-off of brawl: Wario Bike Racing! =p
It is a sad day when Wario Bike racing beats out Melee, which reminds me, practice partners would be nice to have so any Dayton people who want Melee assistance I will try to find some holes in my new jam-packed Spring schedule to play.

Oh ya, do I have to pre-reg. on that Nexuslan site to get the $5 off?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Oh hehe. My bad then.

Yeah, I'll 1$ random MM.

Also, any chance of a regular MM? (I just saw the Falco icon and I'm secretly licking my lips in anticipation.)

Hey Fizz, start showing up so we can practice some Melee. Mine broke, so yeah...

Also, Bike Racing isn't so much an event as much as an awesome distraction (though I dunno... Bike Racing is pretty awesome. It's not far behind real Smash XD ).

clowsui

Smash Legend
Actually I'd prefer to regular MM and just random friendlies lol. if you can record it i'll DEFINITELY play /3 set with you for $1-$2, if i have more money then i'll do it out of 5 provided it's recorded.

If you're playing Kirby I'm going Marth -__-; Or Sheik.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, if I'm willing to play random, it probably means I know how to use a lot of characters. Bring it on! (And actually, I was hesitating between Kirby or Mario :laugh: )

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
So if I don't figure out some way to prepay, I'm stuck with the full price? (I can use about 6 characters......no random MMs for me).

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
I dont know if you have to pre-pay you may be able to just pre register and get it off this is my first one that im going to ive always had to work the last couple

Top Bottom