• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
No.

Dedede's the best Dedede.

Also Zekey, I could probably beat you with my Yoshi. Playing low tiers =/= not taking the game seriously.

My Mario is for dealing with Falco. If you don't know, the MU is even.
Yoshi is for Metaknight. One of those nearly even 55:45 MUs. Also an option against Olimar.
Ganondorf is for Diddy Kong. A Ganondorf with item control rivaling the Diddy main makes the matchup 55:45 :diddy:
Bowser is yet another option for Metaknight, another option for Olimar, and I also play him because he plays so similar to Dedede.
Sheik is for Falco and Fox primarily, and yet another option against Metaknight, primarily if I can get the match to go to FD.

Basically too many low- and mid-tiers just "work" for me, so I find excuses to play them. Thankfully, a lot of low tiers have even-to-positive MUs with a lot of high tiers, and Dedede happens to lose to a lot of high tiers. So it all works out.

PT though...

I just love the type of character that PT was supposed to be.

Also guys I figured out how to cause instant grab breaks. At any %. But I'm not going to share. Because it'd be reallly, really bad for us.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
^ I disagree with your assessment of most of those MUs.

:mario2: vs :falco: - I can give you even. This isnt the one I have beef with.

:yoshi2: vs :metaknight: - There's no way its near even. Just no. Once Metaknight learns Yoshi gimmicks......

Yoshi = fossil.

:ganondorf: vs :diddy: - Ganon can never control bananas better than Diddy...I HIGHLY doubt this MU is near even if Ganon has good banana control. You're gonna have to explain that one like in serious depth.

:bowser2: vs :olimar: - Ive witnessed this before..this isnt as hopeless as I thought...Oli beats Bowser though.

:sheik: vs :metaknight: - She gets destroyed by him. GR -- DACUS does help...but its still bad. Metaknight IS Sheik but traded in the needles for the best recovery in the game, the ability to kill earlier and 5 jumps. An MK who knows the MU will wreck you.

:sheik: vs :falco: - Even. But why do you have two Falco characters lol

:sheik: vs :fox: - lolgetrapedfox

And you need to share stuff. I hate it when people say that they have really useful information but then also announce that they wont announce it. You might as well not even have mentioned it. lol

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Well, it's more that if I found it, odds are the whole Smash Lab BS thing knows it already, so it's probably not too long before it's known well.

Ganon has several 50% combos on Diddy that kill. Diddy is not hard to land a flame choke on AT ALL, and if Ganon knows what he's doing, he can from there go to a forward Smash, or even a Warlock Punch. What Diddy has in "wrecking Ganon up" Ganon gives right back in "killing Diddy with 2 reads". Seriously.

Yoshi vs MK is far easier than most MK MUs, and you don't necessarily need gimmicks to win. It's basically get the lead, time him out.

Sheik vs. MK is specifically for FD. It's not nearly as **** of a MU there as you might think.

Oh I also forgot to mention Puff, also for MK, but that's more abusing people not knowing how to fight her than anything else.

Also

Worst rule ever

im referring to stalling as running away/avoiding conflict for a MAJORITY of the game etc, Gi supports me also with this as were both sick of M2Ks bull**** and the like not being punished

∫unk

Smash Master
How do you cause an instant grab break on command? I've heard of something like this before but iirc it loses to buffered throws unless it's position-dependent (ex. grabbing near the edge of a stage).

If you don't want to post it PM me please.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
How do you cause an instant grab break on command? I've heard of something like this before but iirc it loses to buffered throws unless it's position-dependent (ex. grabbing near the edge of a stage).

If you don't want to post it PM me please.
this goes double for me.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Sorry, guys, I'm not even telling my closest friends.

And yeah, basically you have to buffer every single throw ever. Which completely removes our infinite on Mario, Luigi, and Samus.

I think I might release it in general... maybe,,, I'm going to do some more testing, maybe it's not as bad as I think it is.

Mostly because I want to do it in frame advance, see exactly how tight the window is.

∫unk

Smash Master
I'd just like to say that I improved more than I ever have since I moved to WA and I'm playing less than I ever have. Since I don't have a Wii I've been focusing on analyzing situations where I lose the most. If you do that after every play session/tournament, improvement becomes a standard instead of a hope.

HYDROPUUUUUMP

Laem

Smash Champion
Sorry, guys, I'm not even telling my closest friends.

And yeah, basically you have to buffer every single throw ever. Which completely removes our infinite on Mario, Luigi, and Samus.

I think I might release it in general... maybe,,, I'm going to do some more testing, maybe it's not as bad as I think it is.

Mostly because I want to do it in frame advance, see exactly how tight the window is.
You commie.

Is this different from Kprime mashing tho?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Very different.

You're not breaking out by mashing.

You're breaking out from as far as I can tell a frame perfect input.

Either that or it's random and I'm being trolled by an RNG, which seems pretty unlikely.

Though something just occurred to me.

Why am I not checking through Fighter.pac/PSA?

ZTD | TECHnology

Okay guys, I have a regional this weekend. MW and some good EC players will be in attendance. No expectations.....just using this as a chance to learn. Gonna play a bunch of players better than me and hopefully record/ask for advice. Gonna get a bit more creative in my path to improvement. Most importantly:

Gonna go have fun :D

So yeah some luck would be cool anyway lol

allshort17

Smash Ace
Okay guys, I have a regional this weekend. MW and some good EC players will be in attendance. No expectations.....just using this as a chance to learn. Gonna play a bunch of players better than me and hopefully record/ask for advice. Gonna get a bit more creative in my path to improvement. Most importantly:

Gonna go have fun :D

So yeah some luck would be cool anyway lol

Good luck to you Chase.

I have a tournament too tomorrow. It's small I believe and I don't know if any notable players are going, so my goal is to get better than I've ever gotten (which is last:() and to gain some more MU and general experience.

ZTD | TECHnology

Seibrik: If you're the best DDD, you'll use him even if MK is legal.

/callout

:yeahboi:

Also good luck allshort and any D3 going into battle this weekend.

Viva la penguin!

:dedede:

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Good luck all tournament penguins this weekend. I haven't been to a high-tier tournament in over two months - wish I could be joining you :(

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Seibrik: If you're the best DDD, you'll use him even if MK is legal.

/callout

This 1,000 times said. You don't use him enough Seibrik; you cannot claim that.

Guys, master standing pivot grab. It's a ****ing boss.
Here's proof: I did it to a MK's up air on the last setting on RC before the camera drops down. He grabs an extra inch than standing grab AND he grabbed through mk's upair

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Whoa, wait, people weren't already using that?

Then again, it was basically a necessity when I played Ganon, seeing as his grab range is ***, and it carried over through a half dozen characters.

Grabbing through UAir is new though. I know we can't grab through DAir :(

ZTD | TECHnology

STATUS UPDATE...CAPS.

I will definitely not make it out of pools. I suffered some embarrassing losses today. I lost to Aposl...a PT. I got timed out. This isn't going to be a speech about how Im quitting or anything. I feel pretty numb about the situation right now. I focused moreso on having fun and just what was on the screen...I played incredibly bad as a result. I just wonder where to go from here is all. Oh well it is what it is.

I have more pools matches to play. At this point it doesn't matter. There is no way I can make it out. Just letting people know how I did.

ZTD | TECHnology

I have mixed feelings about today. I'm done with pools. But like, I have several top/high level players telling me I'm a good player however I don't have the placements to back it up because I get CPed. Granted losing to Aposl was just me getting outplayed. I'm okay with that. But fighting Hylian and like 3 MKs ugh. I definitely need to hone my secondary.

ZTD | TECHnology

Its whatever. I think somewhere in between this weekend my mindset improved. :) I'm not even mad about this weekend. I got some recognition at least. I think Im content with being a recognized D3 and having some fun.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Ganon dittos are so much fun. I've played a bunch of them at college and on WiFi. It just feels so epic. "Who has the better boot? Who is the true king of the Gerudo?"

D3 dittos, on the other hand... >_<

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
lolz i don't mean to rip on you but how do you lose to PT? that's like losing to a ganondorf >_>"

regardless, sry to hear about your misfortune. Mayb next time ull place better :)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
lolz i don't mean to rip on you but how do you lose to PT? that's like losing to a ganondorf >_>"
lmao no it isn't. PT is nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be. There are just so few PTs and most of them are bad.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL

regardless, sry to hear about your misfortune. Mayb next time ull place better :)
Yeah, it's just a PT, one who plays Coney a bunch and has access to tools that let him time us out pretty easily.

But y'know, no biggie, we'll be fine while we can't touch him.

/exaggeration but still the truth

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
lmfao its ****ing PT. Like are u kidding me? I mean I'd be understanding if it were like a TL or something but PT? Ur argument is like saying, yo I play coney with my ganon all the time, that gives me all the tools to beat other ddd's. LOL no it doesn't. U cg ivy/char and gimp ivy and its done.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If you can't kill Squirtle

You will never fight Ivysaur or Charizard.

And you seem to underestimate Ivysaur and Charizard way too much. Actually everyone underestimates Ivy way too much. Just because of her recovery. Add in the fact that very few PTs bother practicing their Ivysaurs, and as such it's usually the weakest of their 3. Charizard has some cruel, cruel BS he can do to us, and Ivysaur not only has bullet seed to do absolute BS amounts of damage to us and a good camping game, but also can kill us pretty early due to the sheer power of her moves.

imo, Squirtle beats us +2.

We beat Ivysaur +2
We beat Charizard +1

Overall the MU is only +1 our favour, imo.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
well ivy cant really do any of that once u land a grab and cg them off stage and gimp them...

It should be manageable to kill squirtle even if you do just trade hits and take a 1-1 stock for that. At that rate your still winning the battle. Charizard: Same as ivy

lol squirtle beats us +2? Yeah... No. Squirtle is maybe +1 at best although I'd say 0

My guess it that TC got outplayed and had no idea what he was doing.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If you can't catch Squirtle

You CAN'T KILL HIM.

I don't understand what you're not getting about that.

And it's a lot harder to grab Ivysaur than you're making it out to be. Especially when every missed grab is an opening for bullet seed, where you will be taking between 30% and 80%.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
You know theres this thing called spacing. I was just saying when the opportunity is available go for the kill and cg. Obviously ull be f-tilt and b-airing until he gets into a cg.

Your making it sound like its an impossible mu when it clearly isnt.

Top Bottom