• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
It's kinda in the middle of what both of you say. squirtle ***** us for early % but can't kill us while we do alright against squirtle but it's hard to kill him.

We **** ivy. How can you not beat that mu just ps razor leaf and poke with f tilt. And Charizard is more tricky but we beat him.

:phone:

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
If you can't catch Squirtle

You CAN'T KILL HIM.

I don't understand what you're not getting about that.

And it's a lot harder to grab Ivysaur than you're making it out to be. Especially when every missed grab is an opening for bullet seed, where you will be taking between 30% and 80%.
LOL this is not 2008.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I'm gonna give you guys a couple of tips on how to play the matchup.

1. There's this one special technique where you if you don't want to play a certain matchup (Most don't prefer Squirtle) you can just SD yourself so PT can't switch between characters when you're getting knocked off. Warning: You should only do this at high percents & you should do it immediately when a Pokemon is dying, not when they are on their next stock.

2. Charizard, you got a lot of combos you can do. We can chaingrab and bair him like a lot of ther characters. We can down throw to down tilt him on ground and edge. We can do this down throw to dash cancelled down smash (Where you cancel a dash by turning the other direction during the frames where you can dash dance). We got our famous buffered pivot infinite along with Dash Dance Pivot Grab on edges and upward/downward slopes. We can also do this down throw to a walk into a jab as a combo. Also we have d throw to f tilt. We also have the wall infinites along with this Halberd dash dance pivot grab and stand grab lock on the edges of the second part of Halberd.

3. For the stage selections, I would pick Halberd (For most of the stuff I mentioned (Also, Ivy can get regrabbed once with dash dance pivot grab where Charizard has his lock on Halberd)), Yoshi's (Charizard slope infinites along with us recovering better without getting punished as hard), Smashville if you are fighting Squirtle a lot, Frigate (Charizard slope infinites :awesome:), Rainbow which you guys probably know why, and Brinstar (For less ground game for less Squirtle ground abuse, everyone having poor recovery, D3 being an aerial beast, and Charizard slope infinites).

Doc King

Smash Lord
D3 can mind game opponents with his pivot grab to get a chainthrow. It just involves good reads, but if you get them, the rewards are great.

D3 vs. Charizard is like 80-20 potentially

D3 vs. Squirtle is like 55-45 to 60-40

D3 vs. Ivy is like 75-25

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I have ZERO experience vs PT. And that MU is not as free as it looks. It was Charizard that gave the most issues. The other two werent that hard. I just kept falling for stupid ****.

Also just came back from another tournament lol

Took 4th out of 29. Lost to L_Cancel and Tutu. Went all DDD. I beat Tutu Game 1 and played better than I EVER have before. I played great. Then I got bodied Game 2 and SDed twice game 3 lmao. Im feeling motivated though. I alright vs L_Cancel as well. Last stock against Olimar...very hard MU. Oh well.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I have ZERO experience vs PT. And that MU is not as free as it looks. It was Charizard that gave the most issues. The other two werent that hard. I just kept falling for stupid ****.

Also just came back from another tournament lol

Took 4th out of 29. Lost to L_Cancel and Tutu. Went all DDD. I beat Tutu Game 1 and played better than I EVER have before. I played great. Then I got bodied Game 2 and SDed twice game 3 lmao. Im feeling motivated though. I alright vs L_Cancel as well. Last stock against Olimar...very hard MU. Oh well.

If 4GOD vs. Reflex is anything to go by Charizard does look to be the hardest of the three. There's no shame in losing to these characters sometimes. Having fun is the most important thing, it is only a children's game in the end.

Good job with the fourth placing. That's respectable as hell.

ZTD | TECHnology

Thanks! I felt pretty good about my performance today. Revenge helped me focus on what I was doing incorrectly and I applied some of it today. One day I'll take a set off Tutu. :)

I had a great deal of fun overall, and it helped restore my passion for this game. I went like all D3 both tournaments. Its a strange conundrum. I REALLY wanna focus and go all D3. I'm getting better quickly with him. However, those bad MUs....I experienced like 5 of them in my pool alone at Revenge lol. I'm not sure what to do. Suggestions?

Anyway, I had a lot of fun!

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
My problem with secondaries is that even in bad matchups my Dedede still does much better than them, and before I devoted myself to 100% Dedede I used to go into tournaments without really a plan for my secondaries and just switched characters on a whim. If you're anything like me I'd seriously just recommend buckling down and toughing it through the MK/ICs/Olimar etc. matchups, no matter how hard it may be.

Oh but I still switch characters if I'm going against MK(s) in teams. That's even worse than in singles imo.

ZTD | TECHnology

My secondaries are no where near the level of my D3. Like, its getting to the point where I'm using my secondaries less and less. And I feel like I am progressing as a player faster when I just play DDD. Plus I stress out much less and had more fun when I play solely DDD.

And like, doubles is nothing scary to me. I am not afraid of double MK. I have played against so much in Michigan, I'm hardened to that MU. Like this weekend, Game 3 against DLA and Pink Fresh, it was double MK..my partner was MK. We were on Frigate and my partner has SDed twice. I beat two MKs in a 2 vs 1 after being down like 2 stocks. After that Pink, looks at me and he's like "You're REALLY good" lol.

Maybe I should just do it now lol

Coney

Smash Master
tbh charizard/ddd is really really annoying for ddd...he doesn't have much safe ****, but the **** he DOES have is so safe it's ****ing irritating

don't get me wrong, i still think ddd wins all three matchups, but it's really obnoxious, could def see a ddd losing it without proper experience

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Hot damn, that's pretty awesome.

D3, the sharking MK slayer?
It's ****ing underratedly amazing. It's not hard to master at all. Just encode the inputs to do it, step by step, in your mind.
It's sooo **** that I think we can grab through maaannyyy attacks that we didn't think possible and attacks that we just had to shield and hope we could grab them after we shielded.
I'm just procrastinating on my DDD stuff in terms of spreading what I know. I'm soooo bad, time management is hard :(

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
im still the best ddd

4god is def. more **** than me at the falco mu by a million% tho

too bad thats just as useful as being good at the special olympics

i was gona talk to 4god actually, cause he suffered pretty bad losses this weekend all to IC's (Snipa/leo's) 3 times in tourny (including pools)

where as if he just learned a good CP character, that may have been avoided cause he's a really smart player

long story short, people need to start learning how to play Super smash brothers brawl, not play ddd (if that makes sense)

Coney

Smash Master
4god is really really really good, reminds me of me before i started hitting my stride, dude needs experience really bad though. suffers from matchup ignorance a lot, and he's a very technical, option-oriented player, so that kinda cripples him hard

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
lol, the day I ever lose those 2 mu's ^, is the day I quit brawl.

In other words, not happening.

Edit: And I dont think neither of u 2 guys are best ddds yet. From what I remember seibrik doesn't even use ddd unless he plays ike and it backfires and 4god pretty much just lost to the 2 ppl that I lost two a month ago in a MM and tourney match. In other words, there is still not a clear victor, work still needs to be done.

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the encouragement guys. Gotta get more experience. Hey Zak, did you get my fb message?

And Reflex and I are 1-1 this season. I obviously got impatient with his charizard lol, and then his ivysaur at the end. He's amazing either way.

Last tournament was hilarious. I got 6-0'd by the same guy. That's how I lost the tournament :D

CO18

Smash Hero
im still the best ddd
Im sorry but LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

you can grab falcos ftilt with standing pivot grab used to do that a while back

butttt if at any point of time you guys allow seibrik to be know as the "best ddd", ill drop out of college just to find time to play this game.

My future is in your hands.

Exdeath

Smash Master
i was gona talk to 4god actually, cause he suffered pretty bad losses this weekend all to IC's (Snipa/leo's) 3 times in tourny (including pools)

where as if he just learned a good CP character, that may have been avoided cause he's a really smart player
If 4GOD had played the match-up even half-decently, he would have beaten Snipa. That he was able to bring the matches as close as they were is incredible.

So i tried out my jet hammer idea at the last tournament and wow you guys were right that move ****ing blows.

But what did work really well was the inhale chaingrab. I ***** a wolf with it, wolf is a really hard MU he so agile, but when i started doing the inhale chaingrab he got destroyed, do any of you guys do the inhale chaingrab? I'm pretty sure its guaranteed against the whole cast. Also I think brinstar is D3's best stage I kept swallowing people then jumping off, but because D3 is so heavy i could follow it up with like every aerial.

i have a really hard time with the bowser match up though. This one guy maybe u all have heard of him, McBlast, his bowser was wrecking me i couldn't do anything to fire breath, and he kept grabbing me and then comboing me to death. is that MU like unwinnable or something? It was so gay.

allshort17

Smash Ace
i have a really hard time with the bowser match up though. This one guy maybe u all have heard of him, McBlast, his bowser was wrecking me i couldn't do anything to fire breath, and he kept grabbing me and then comboing me to death. is that MU like unwinnable or something? It was so gay.
Yeah, the match-up is unwinnable...for Bowser.

But seriously, outside of his flamebreath and his side-b beating our Bair I believe there's not much he can do. If he approaches use with anything outside of flamebreath or side-b he's at serious risk of getting shield grabbed if he's mispaced. Same thing goes for him on the ground to, and I believe we out range all his moves with our ftilt. His grab though, he's pumble break release does have a frame advantage and he gets a free follow-up, so watch out from that. We gimp him offstage too easy. His flamebreath can gimp us a little when we're trying to approach the ledge, so get back to the stage high most of the time. It's terrible for Bowser.

And no, I do not know of the inhale chaingrab. Tell me more.

I'm not high, and I'm not trolling. McBlast's Bowser is really good. I'm surprised technical chase didn't see the sets. You were the really tall black guy right? You're D3 is really good I watched you vs that one sheik main, I learned so much from watching that match. I never realized how good DDD's shield was before I thought shielding wasn't good in brawl so if you can make DDD's shield work that well then I'm really impressed maybe we can play at the December tournament.

@allshort17 I see, I never thought of doing those before, but what can I do to him after I shield stuff, none of my throws really hurt. How do I gimp him offstage, everytime I tried I either got up b'd or side b'd. Also the inhale CG is kind of tricky to time you inhale them then jump and shoot them out, then you jump and inhale again, it worked almost everytime except when I messed up the timing. You can sometimes mix it up and hit them with an up aerial too.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Seibrik, can you explain to me the zss mu in depth. I'm gonna practice the mu this week, I just would like to know how you approach the MU beforehand so i can incorporate it as I practice it. Thinks like what to look for, what to not get into, etc etc.

Top Bottom