• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DEAD Ganondorf Video Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
First things first, your opponent wasn't that good. But as for that...

I felt like you rolled towards your opponent too much (it's usually very unwise to do, as an opponent who sees this coming can easily punish this with a F-tilt or jab or grab), and that you should have counterattacked more from a shield.

Also like mentioned earlier, I personally think you should have saved the Dash attack a little more, and used autocanceled aerials here and there. Also I personally like dealing with most projectile spam by using the Wizard's foot (will not work on lasers though keep in mind), and at mid to high percents it's a pretty good approach in general especially if you keep it close enough to the ledge.

Otherwise pretty good getting grabs, and the ending was epic. =P

After I get some sleep I'll upload a LOT more of my Ganondorf footage. I just wish my opponents were better in general...but I got a lot of epic U-tilt and suicide kills in my stash.

God**** he's so rewarding when you land hits with him.

Black Dragon

Smash Cadet
I feel like a noob asking this, but auto cancelled aerials. Whenever I attempt an aerial with Ganondorf too locse to the ground he just lands with lag. Which is why I try to avoid doing anything out of a shorthop with him. I find the dash attack is one of Ganon's fastest approaches, besides Wizard's Foot, Wizard's choke, and short hop Uair.

And yes, the ending was epic, and also bad decision making on my opponents part.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Some of my new Ganondorf vids. Critique would be appreciated. In fact, make sure you don't just critique me, but also my opponent, since I'm well aware a lot of the time my opponent didn't play that well.
vs Pit. A pretty good one IMO.
vs Sheik
vs G&W
vs Olimar. I love this one
vs Olimar

I feel like a noob asking this, but auto cancelled aerials. Whenever I attempt an aerial with Ganondorf too locse to the ground he just lands with lag. Which is why I try to avoid doing anything out of a shorthop with him. I find the dash attack is one of Ganon's fastest approaches, besides Wizard's Foot, Wizard's choke, and short hop Uair.

And yes, the ending was epic, and also bad decision making on my opponents part.
Autocanceling isn't actually hard to do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyZUlALAArc

It works not because of what the video says, but actually because you are buffering an aerial to come out the first frame Ganondorf leaves the ground and because there are a few frames right at the end of the animation that don't trigger landing lag. Just make sure you don't fast fall a SHed instant D-air. You can also autocancel the B-air this way, which is slightly harder and more situational. You can't exactly do this with the U-air because that will trigger a jump canceled U-smash, but you don't need to really since the U-air ends faster than Ganondorf's other aerials.

If you full hop an instant D-air, you will NEVER have landing lag from it btw. Not even if you fastfall immediately.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I see you doing u-tilts in the middle of matches. Is there a reason for that?
I do it mainly when my opponent is really far away from me and more often if they recover from the ledge. Just because it has huge range and it's hilarious.

And I wouldn't jump at your opponent with f-air too often. Lag is awful.
Neither would I. Some of those were completely accidental, especially the ones where I was right next to my opponent.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
That G&W was so awful. 0:06 was an epic fail (for G&W of course), I facepalmed at @ 1:59, and I seriously did a facedesk @ 2:39.
I know, it was so awful.

Moreover he didn't play defensively like...at all. Which you should do since Ganondorf is very weak at approaching.

Also, 0:53, he rolled towards me. BAAAAAD.

:034:

Smash Hero
You got better, A2. Cool. Try to catch on with 'trends' when you use your Murder Choke though: in the Ganon VS Shiek match, you did a successful Choke 4 times, and every time your opponent attacked you. After the first two times, you should've caught on with this, and punish him with Thunderstorm.

Also, A2, I'd like to make a collective Ganondorf combo video, but I think you're the only one here with a capture device. I have some video editing skill, so I could take care of that.

@UoD:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Also, A2, I'd like to make a collective Ganondorf combo video, but I think you're the only one here with a capture device. I have some video editing skill, so I could take care of that.
What do you want me to do?

I just want to point out that I record vids in an unusual way. I use a rewritable DVD, then convert the VOB file into an MPEG, which I split into WMVs with Windows Movie Maker which are then uploaded into youtube.

Otherwise, my other question is if your problem could be obtaining already existing footage (like, on youtube). In that case, I dunno, I've found that Realplayer allows me to directly download FLV files.

Smash Hero
What do you want me to do?

I just want to point out that I record vids in an unusual way. I use a rewritable DVD, then convert the VOB file into an MPEG, which I split into WMVs with Windows Movie Maker which are then uploaded into youtube.

Otherwise, my other question is if your problem could be obtaining already existing footage (like, on youtube). In that case, I dunno, I've found that Realplayer allows me to directly download FLV files.
Hold on, I'll make a new thread explaining the stuff I need. k?

Meian

Smash Cadet
Been lurking for a while but thought I'd jump in.

I've been playing Ganondorf for long time and got some good ideas and inspiration from the videos and tactics you all have posted. Thought I'd share some vids I have.

I apologize for the quality in advance. All I am able to do at this time is use this camera I have to record the replays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QwuAQ2mYRo (vs Ike)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPyBTuk8zCs (vs PKMN Trainer)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVLYGLaHlAQ (vs Pikachu)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIhAhGGPi6M (vs Olimar)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MKib7Rza5I (vs Marth)

I'll add the rest later. All of them are found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/KokoroNoKawari

Sorry about the links, not sure how to type it out like some of you have it as a name and it takes you to the link on its own.

Smash Hero
I love fighting against Dedede because of the frustration. I get high off it.

Seriously, though, I really do like fighting against Dedede, and I don't really mind chaingrabs either.

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
I love fighting against Dedede because of the frustration. I get high off it.

Seriously, though, I really do like fighting against Dedede, and I don't really mind chaingrabs either.
That's cool. I guess I don't prefer it since I do play MK as well and rather much go with MK against a D3 than my Ganon. ;)

Smash Hero
That's cool. I guess I don't prefer it since I do play MK as well and rather much go with MK against a D3 than my Ganon. ;)
I don't really play any good MK's, so I have no idea. But yeah, I like playing against every hard match-up he has.. It makes for a good fight, after all.

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
I don't really play any good MK's, so I have no idea. But yeah, I like playing against every hard match-up he has.. It makes for a good fight, after all.
He sure does have a lot of those, but yeah that's true since I do enjoy playing against Snake with Ganon even though that match up can be really tough, it's always a really fun fight.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Honestly, I think the most fun top tier matchup for Ganondorf is G&W.

Getting past his range is a chore, but definitely not impossible. And you can techchase him like crazy and vice versa. And you can both kill each other at super low percents.

Inui's Ganondorf has actually beaten my G&W before online. He's too good. =(

Griffard

Smash Ace
that first one was pretty pitiful, great second match though!
Money match from Rofa's MWC event. I got ***** (kinda), and the first one is a joke (kinda), but there's a bit to learn from it.

MWC2 $MM Jekyll(Ganondorf) vs Overswarm(ROB) 1
MWC2 $MM Jekyll(Ganondorf) vs Overswarm(ROB) 2
MWC2 $MM Jekyll(Ganondorf) vs Overswarm(ROB) 3
I'm guessing you lost that third one? It cut off. You should go to some Illinois tournaments, maybe i'll see you around and we could get some dittos

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Hey FD, don't realize why I hadn't posted this vid before, but it's got some decent stuff in it even though it's pretty old.

Swoops (Ganon) vs Brahma (Kirby)
Actually forgot to check if Brahm's Kirby was good in this one, but it should have interesting stuff in it anyways

EDIT: Man, what the hell? I keep finding old videos that I should've posted up that might have been helpful. Here's another...

Swoops (Ganon) vs Brahma (Samus)
He did pretty **** well in this one, so it's fun to watch. He kicked my *** the first couple of stocks but I managed to get the win somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom