• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DEAD Ganondorf Video Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finns7

Smash Ace
A2zomg if you have the link vs ganon one do that instead of the dk, there both raviges but I think the Link one was better because when I was playing the guy he played as if he was shocked that ganon could move so fast.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Good stuff finn, you actually seem to have a handle on some of the stuff that a lot of Ganon players neglect. Although I would say work in a lot more Gerudo, I'm pretty sure you almost used none at all. People tend to find out that you can punish Gerudo and that almost any aerial can beat it as well as a lot of ground moves. Which is why you learn that it isn't an approach at all. It's a **** good punisher for a lot of laggy moves, nets you free kills at less 100 on a lot of characters, and follow up traps are very nice after low and mid percent d-tilts.

I mainly use Gerudo to punish landing now, because if they airdodge they're screwed and if you time it well enough they can't get out an attack. I would also say to be careful about using some of Ganon's more iffy stuff like stomp combos (still very good, just be wary) and d-throw>d-throw... Any one who actually knows how to play Ganon can get around this. D-Throw chains were good but you could've just as easily landed gerudo which would've gotten you d-tilt>follow up, and probably would've gotten you more damage.

I like it though, pretty **** good Ganon finn.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Yeah, the people ive played prob didnt know how fast ganon could get there % with the thunderstomp combos so I kinda abused it. I know ganon can be punished with the dair combos, and the d-throw, d-throw is not one of my main tactics because you can easily di/jump out of it, I guess it caught him offguard. I didnt use gerudo that much in these because I didnt want ganon to be banned.

x_Deity_x

Smash Cadet
Awesome new vids - way to go, Finns and Dutchman~

Deity has a few of his matches on YouTube, but they're kinda bad quality, and his friend is commentating. xD They're kind of old and Deity's improved since they were recorded, but he'll post them if anyone's interested.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Sandbag ****....Anyway Im going to upload some matches of me and my lil bro fighting. I dont play online as much anymore because of my schedule, it sucks because he knows my playstyle plus he's using gaw.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Lol, I want to hear about you vs a G&W.

I think it's one of Ganon's easier matchups vs top tier characters. If G&W misspaces something, = Flame Choke. = ****.

D-tilt his D-tilt too. It owns. Also F-air outranges him slightly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAS3Cknt_IY

Watch the end (not on topic).

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
^Turtle's a pain in the *** though but nothing that can't be DId out of. I still think it's a pretty hard match in the upper tiers for Ganon. Personally ROB is one of my easiest :p

:034:

Smash Hero
I think R.O.B. is fairly easy, too... Hardest is probably Falco and MK. I don't play against G&W at all because nobody plays G&W. d:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Y'know, I'll admit, actually the REAL reason why I find G&W easy is cause most G&W players suck, and I'm completely aware of the patterns the scrubby ones use.

In reality it's an ultra gay matchup since if he's crouching, he has an answer to everything you do. He can juggle you amazingly well, and his D-air owns your recovery. Chef is amazingly difficult to work around too.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Now I put the old school sonic boss music in it because it idk for the lulz I guess. My lil bro knows my playstyle and that + gaw is = gayness...I main Link also so my ganon knowledge prob is not as high as you guys so if there is a follow up to the murder choke against gay and watch i dont kno it

Here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhCRvFFRcSM&feature=user Not the usual Dolphins22/Finns7 **** session but its something.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I think you were both a bit too agressive in this matchup.

Your brother is pretty good, but should camp a bit more and only start chasing to combo. He didn't D-tilt or Up-B much.

Learn to buffer D-tilts and F-tilts from choke. Oh, and Jab is guaranteed too.

Also, his Smashes are safe on block, so don't try to rush in to punish them. If he starts spamming ground attacks, simply stay outside of his range and D-tilt him. This works 100% of the time. Trust me.

All in all though, pretty impressive match.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Gotcha, thanx about the ganon info I might read the buffer threads and stuff idk, Its hard playing against him because he knos what im going to do next...I always tell him to not be that agressive but he doesnt listen he has no patience. Im tightening up my ganon at the moment though that one month break kinda messed up my progress (john).

deadpoe7

Smash Apprentice
Too good on those thunderstomps, Finns7. Even though you didn't connect with any of them, I especially like those retreating stomps.

Matt07

Smash Master
I hope you guys don't mind me on the Ganondorf boards.
Seriously Finns7, your Ganon is broken, I love it :). I definately need to check out more videos of Ganondorf.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
You know what? I gained chest hair just from watching these videos. I'm sitting there watching the manliness that is Ganon and i'm saying"why the f*** am I not playing Ganon"............f*** this, i'm gonna pick Ganon up as of this instant and start ****** with him. In fact i'm even gonna change my sig.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Blad01 vs Charbyy :

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=BkVFlLPTEBs&feature=PlayList&p=8444BA96E35A84C9&index=0

That was at the end of a tournament, so we were tired, but he, that my first Ganon video so... And one of my kills is **** 8D (Delfino ftw).
But anyways, i still lose ^^'
Not bad, Blad. Needs more dtilt, less wiz kick, and I didn't see any gimped tether recoveries, which is too bad There were a few places where you had her if you would have speed hugged the ledge and let her tether hit you during invincibility frames. You did a good job of getting her off the ledge, but you didn't finish the job with the gimp ledgehog, one of Zamus's major short comings.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Not bad, Blad. Needs more dtilt, less wiz kick, and I didn't see any gimped tether recoveries, which is too bad There were a few places where you had her if you would have speed hugged the ledge and let her tether hit you during invincibility frames. You did a good job of getting her off the ledge, but you didn't finish the job with the gimp ledgehog, one of Zamus's major short comings.
Thanks :) Yes, i know i lacked of DTilt and Dash Attack in that match :s And for the gimp, i'm not used enough to Zamus yet, so i couldn't analyse the right moment to hug.... :x And his Down B is scaring :p But yes, i'll work on that ^^

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
1. You're a pretty **** good Ganon, dude. You do have some odd ideas about Gerudo followups, tho.
2. That Ike sucked. I mean really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom