• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede Tactical Strategy 20 - IC's Desynchs

Jupz

Smash Master
Yeah, we could do Pikachu's thunder bolt next or something.

Cmon any more info for MK?

Also yeah nice idea about the front post seibrik I'll change it on the weekend when I got time.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
DDD's grab range,

never run in dittoes, and ur grab will outrange approaching ddd's grab. IE camp

lol camp beats ddd even when ur ddd..

and i have a theory to beating pika's thunder, instead of momentum canceling (obv just not at really high% where u would die otherwise, i mean just to avoid dying at 90% up in bubble) and insteas of trying to airdodge, would immediatly up-bing work?

if u think about it, u'll get the start up super armor, take a hit that wont send u anywhere, while pika shouldbe stuck in lag so you should be able to make it to a ledge before he can reach u....

someone wana test this? i always forget cuz i have such a strong reaction to momentum cancel or airdodge in the middle of matchs....

but if i knew if this worked i'd try very hard to work it in my game.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Crachic he's not talking about edge guarding. He's talking about when you get sent straight vertically by like an upsmash or uptilt and try to momentum cancel or air dodge. Up Bing seems like it could work, if you cancel it right after the super armor.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
o.o Alby... that was... not your best suggestion.

Move on to Pikachu's Thunder or IC's Uair/Blizzard

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Dedede's grab range is a hassle for some people who are bad at dittos. I know for sure you're probably not the best at dittos and getting grabbed is generally the reason why newer dedede's/dedede's who are bad at the matchup end up losing.
If you do not know how to avoid his massive grab range while playing dittos you will not win.
Lern2bespecific
and
Lern2thinkaboutwhatpeoplesay
instead of making random posts that could mean anything, just to increase your post count.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
1) Why would I be doing dittos :laugh: I stay away from them (if its serious) and just switch to another character. If you run into another D3 in tourney, switch to another character. It's better than trying to outgrab another D3.

2) Do I care about my post count? I just like to talk >.> If I really cared about it, I would be asking Gates if the sky is purple. Now can we go to a different topic before I never hear the end of this?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
=x FH thunder jolt into a grab/fair/nair into anything else they are doing. I think we should use the matchup export. I'm trying to re-evaluate the matchup. Everyone is just too fat and lazy to help me. >.>

Fat penguins are fat...

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
True.

If we use a single move, and evaluate it with points, it could.

I'm not doing it though. I do too much around here >.>

And most of it goes unrealized...

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
if u think about it, u'll get the start up super armor, take a hit that wont send u anywhere, while pika shouldbe stuck in lag so you should be able to make it to a ledge before he can reach u.... someone wana test this?
There's no need to test this. It's literally already tested when you say what you said. Just wait for when you hear "Pika!" or just the lag before the thunder and do upB. It's actually a very good idea.
I'd like to go over Pikachu's approach options.
1.) Shorthopping a thunder jolt. < Our Forward Tilt, Jab (for closer ones), Shield, Spotdodge.
2.) Running to shieldgrabbing. < Our Grab, or jump/aircamp.
3.) Forward air approaching?? < Our back air.
4.) Walking to tilts < Our Grab, Down Tilt, Pivot Grab.
No other safe approaches for the mouse. Discussion done.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
True, but we need SOME frame data to get the edge over it. Think about it. From the time Pikachu says "PIKA!", dont you think the thunder could already be coming down compared to the start up frames of our SD3J

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
True, but we need SOME frame data to get the edge over it. Think about it. From the time Pikachu says "PIKA!", dont you think the thunder could already be coming down compared to the start up frames of our SD3J
I could...but then again... I think if we mashed it, we would have the super armor frame advantage at the dead beginning of the upB.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I was here before you >:O
but i r not a top dedede .-.
Co18 was suppose to start posting more....idk what ever happend to that.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I duno why i get the feelin im like the sole reviver of these boards active discussions...

atomsk only came back cuz of me too ;)
Wow really? No way? You're only reviving yourself with your excellent help, but your only making others post like this v v v.
I was here before you >:O
but i r not a top dedede .-.
Co18 was suppose to start posting more....idk what ever happend to that.
We're just not cool enough for them. ;_;
You weren't reviving anything but yourself (Yes I must say it again.) We've been discussing more even when you weren't here for a while anyways.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
But a 3 man fusion dance has never been done before. It might not even be possible.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
i'd just love to see DDD doing that dance....

i'd also love to see his index fingers

and co18 having school=johns

i got school

plus work

plus life

i just squeeze u guys in the middle of all that, i dont even bother posting anywhere else really cuz frankly, i dont care about anywhere else.

Jupz

Smash Master
Phew, finally changed the first post around. Is it to everyones liking?

I'll update with Dair camping summary tonight, anyone got anything to add about his spacing game?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
i
3. Walk slowly up and space tilts

SOLUTION:

DSMASH-sounds weird but it destroys mk's grounded spa-

Yo- Seib, I know your the best D3 and just made an amazing post, I'm happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but dtilt has a longer range than downsmash and comes out quicker.

Bwa

Smash Cadet
D smash is disjointed, not D tilt.

Stupid MKs, always thinking they can D smash anywhere, anytime.:bee:

Top Bottom