• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede Tactical Strategy 20 - IC's Desynchs

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
So Seib, did you just change the Olimar Matchup too?

Also, thanks a ton for returning to help the D3 boards. We really appreciate using your matchup experience to help us. Thank you.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
It IS in DDD's favor... people are just dumb and think mk is the only one that can air camp him, meanwhile DDD can aircamp him AND seperate him at the same time so why would he do any worse than mk?

mk is even

ddd has a dair, thats bigger, with two less jumps, that preasures and pokes shields, and when it does, it pops one of them up, allowing u to react and inhale the grounded one
free seperation every approach you do, why would ddd NOT have an advantage?

RATED

Smash Lord
Man... where have you been Albino? B-reversalling inhale should be part of your game already, as it is in mine -_-.

LOL!! You're funny when you're mad :).
I'm never funny when I'm in a bad mood or when some people here almost make it permament on me.
I used to inhale Oli , when I used ddd vs Olimar. even though that's the matchup thatI most hate with DDD( now I use snake against Oli)

also ICs I Think that ddd can use a RANDOM inhale at ICs to separate them , but do this once a match or something like that , bcuz if u get predicted = 1 stock down.

but yeah ddd can aircamp ( even though duh I use snake against them since I main him LOL) so try to find a way to aircamp proficiently with ddd against ICs and the MU can change. LOL I mention aircamp and I only think on DMG's wario vids.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Rated using Inhale? What an incredible development.

Also, I think there should be a rule that you can't talk about the ICs matchup until you've played lain.

CO18

Smash Hero
Hes always getting high when we're not playing a teams match so how am I supposed to play him rofl

Jupz

Smash Master
Woah thanks for all the info guys. Sorry I'm not able to contribute that much - inexperience/different timezones means I can't really have a conversation without taking 12 hours to reply :p

This thread is going great now, any ideas for the next topic?

Ideas
-MK Dair camping
-diddys dash attack
-IC's Uair
-Zairs?

RATED

Smash Lord
Rated using Inhale? What an incredible development.

Also, I think there should be a rule that you can't talk about the ICs matchup until you've played lain.
I can't talk about the MU then :( , I havent played people from the state, except that I played with Action ******* and Zoro when they came to PR.

Well yeah of course it is! He's maining Snake now.. sadly. :(

I'd say we've gotten all the information we could about Olimar's gay*** projectile, JupZZZ. I'm not sure of what could be next though.
I still use DDD! LOL , but I main Snake , ddd is my strong 2nd

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Yeah, let's do it! Ahhh I can finally contribute to the thread haha. (I'm playing DDD more to cover for Sheik/IC's counters :p)

You kinda have to powershield everything... but as for bombs, let them hit your shield and hope they don't hit your toe - space it. And if you can, catch them and throw them back.

As for zair... ugh. At least shield grab if he mis-spaces it. If he spaces it right, maybe you can ftilt if you think you can hit him with it. Otherwise just try to get away.

Other characters have many ways to get around TL, but the way DDD is built... ahh what a hard battle! Haha. Just powershield everything. These powershields are VERY easy compared to say, Falco's lasers.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
What chok said is good advice, but also it's a good idea to leave a Waddle Dee out as a shield since most of TL's projectiles won't knock them very far back. Dedede's ftilt also cancels out a lot of projectiles.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Ftilt has a larger hitbox tho iirc. Dtilt could be good for TLs who like to bounce their boomerangs off the ground tho.

Jupz

Smash Master
Ok I'll call it TL's spam, includes Zairs, arrows, boomerangs, bombs, and what to do once you're past the spam (briefly).

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion

This thread is going great now,
Ditto! Enough said :). You're doing an efficient job here Jupz, very nice.

I must repeat these tactics... having one of our Waddle Dees on the front line is just plain great. They can't get any more protective than that...Toon Link's boomerang and bow only puts a scratch on their waddley ***es... and get knocked back only a tiny bit. They will keep walking the same way for more protection as well. Reapeating that...Forward tilt or even a spaced jab (when the projectile is closer) are good for cancelling them while grounded only and it saves a tad part of our shield.
For the bombs... we can dash then shield, and the bomb will "bounce" on the shield a little and will drop. Use that for the right time when Toon Link throws them so that maybe when we approach with shield, it will catch him offguard and maybe the bomb will hit him, allowing for an easier offensive.
Don't forget air camping them every once and a while also.
His grapple attack is definitely lagless when falling down, but keep in mind the fact that it has much shorter range than all other grapple attacks, and don't be getting tense when one hits you. It's only 4% so don't let it get to you. Unfortunealy, besides all the regular avoidance methods we can do, I have no other information for it.

Jupz

Smash Master
Hehe its not really me its everyone on the boards that is contributing information, thanks everyone :)

Yeah I agree with beef, waddle dees block cancel arrows. And once the bomb bounces off your shield you can jump and Z catch it or catch it with a Fullhop Dair.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
just watch out for random usmash or grab after zair. he can also jab or nair or something random. most TL's are not that hasty, but they do know when they should follow up after zair. other than that, just try to block it and respond if he mis-spaces it or attack him after. be careful of that move cuz it's a good ranged approach/spacing tool when they stop spamming

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol yeah but you might be able to ftilt him

or at least roll away, its better than taking the hit

RATED

Smash Lord
I know about these I play a lot against TL ( TLMsheikant), to evade the "wall" of proyectile that TL can do :

waddles, try getting to the air , then he will throw a boomerang up so that u have to get to the floor, here u get to the floor run a bit or throw a waddle, watch out the double arrow or the zair when u are too near. using ur waddles and ur jumps wisely will help u a lot here. bombs he will try to use them to punish mistake that u do in the air or to get out of CGs. play this like a RPG. LOL

POWERSHIELD THE **** OUT OF IT!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LMAO good tips rated. yeah this matchup is really repetitive. u need to be consistent at powershielding EVERYTHING (except bombs that hit your toes... unless u can powershield those too!!) and TL needs to consistent at his double arrows and stuff (which isnt hard if he changed his controls)

Top Bottom