• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DEVASTATION 2009 : June 19th-21st : $2,000.00 Pots

Morty

Smash Rookie
From what i've heard today I believe Melee singles and doubles were delayed until tomorrow (Saturday). I don't want to be the final say on this, just that I was there today and the melee tourney wasn't ran while Jaxx and others were saying that it would just be postponed to tomorrow when more players will be there. So, since nobody else has posted this information I just thought it would be nice for those who care to know.

And to Goop, they have a large casual area with a lot of room that I think people could set some things up in the casuals area for Melee which would probably be helpful for running all of these tourneys simultaneously. Hopefully someone from the Devastation crew can post any additional information on this.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
From what i've heard today I believe Melee singles and doubles were delayed until tomorrow (Saturday). I don't want to be the final say on this, just that I was there today and the melee tourney wasn't ran while Jaxx and others were saying that it would just be postponed to tomorrow when more players will be there. So, since nobody else has posted this information I just thought it would be nice for those who care to know.

And to Goop, they have a large casual area with a lot of room that I think people could set some things up in the casuals area for Melee which would probably be helpful for running all of these tourneys simultaneously. Hopefully someone from the Devastation crew can post any additional information on this.
Thanks for posting Morty.

I played Brawl today for the first time in like a year.

Morty

Smash Rookie
I believe what I heard for melee was: 1st place - Mew2King, 2nd - Taj, 3rd - Forward

Brawl doubles finals are going to be tomorrow (Sunday, June 21st), Mew2King and DSF vs. SK92 and (good vegas Wario player, sorry I don't know your name D: )

Brawl singles are pretty much out of pools and will be finishing up tomorrow (Sunday, June 21st).

Anth0ny

Smash Master
OLOLOLOL

It looks like the 2D fighter players are playing Brawl on the live stream. They're borderline retarted. No wonder they think Smash sucks. Now other 2D fighter players watch this is say "LOL BARWL".

*****ing facepalm*

Atrion

Smash Apprentice
I love how brawl was put on for two seconds and then slammed right away haha. good stream though for what seems a great tourny

I_R_Hungry

Smash Journeyman
does anyone know how attendance for this was for melee/brawl as opposed to the other titles (sf4, 3s, marvel etc)?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Melee attendance was hardly worth mentioning. i'm ballparking like 16?

brawl had like 30 teams and maybe 70 singles players.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Melee attendance was hardly worth mentioning. i'm ballparking like 16?

brawl had like 30 teams and maybe 70 singles players.
15 actually. Really good guess.

Morty's results were correct, except there was one thing he didn't mention (well, didn't know since he wasn't in it)

When Taj and Forward were about to play Loser's Finals, Forward agreed to forfeit as long as Taj split with M2k and gave him (forward) the money, while Taj still got the 3rd place prize.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Dastrn:

1) M2K
2) DSF
3) SK92
4) Xero
5) Light
5) WTP (since apparently writing your name as an acronym makes you way better, I guess that's what I'll do from now on)
7) Justin Kamikaze
7) Whoever Light beat in loser's bracket, I think it may have been Jard.

Top Bottom