• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
Are there any big biweeklies or monthlies in dallas? (I'm out of state but am going to be there in september) I know Texas has a great smash scene but how is dallas specifically? I know there's always smashfests but what about tournaments specifically? I can't find any on allisbrawl or here, except for that one in november.

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
Are there any big biweeklies or monthlies in dallas? (I'm out of state but am going to be there in september) I know Texas has a great smash scene but how is dallas specifically? I know there's always smashfests but what about tournaments specifically? I can't find any on allisbrawl or here, except for that one in november.
same here MGC is a little to far i cant seem to find anything near me.:(

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Our scene is extremely active for brawl and melee, which are you looking for??

we also travel alot, so you can probably hitch a ride with one of us to a bigger texas wide tournament, i'm not sure what all is gonna happen in september though.

Bwett

Smash Ace
We have the Bwogo Biweekly (friendlies and tournament included), the largest gathering you can get in Dallas every two weeks and will be active in September. Also, Melee1 holds a monthly tournament. Besides that, I'm sure other things will pop up, but those are things you can count on.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
Well, I play brawl way more than melee now because there's just a bigger crowd, so probably Brawl.

I've traveled a couple hours for tournaments before and don't mind because it's always worth it. I was just hoping there was like, a routine tournament like a biweekly or something I could plan on because I'm gonna have a tight schedule but really want to see the texas smash scene. Hylian's SHDL would have been perfect except its in the wrong month :(

But it does sound like the scene is very active and I'll be able to play a decent amount.

And whats MGC?

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm coming back to Dallas on the 21st, someone throwing me a tourney on the 22nd or 3rd?

I need phone numbers to, got myself a phone finally: Fogo, Melee1 (especially you, need to whoop up on yeah), Bwett, Ice!

Yup! Give me yo numbers, and throw a tourney so it's exciting!

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Oh snap DM1 yeah man Ill give u my number just gimme a call sometime tell me about ur adventures!

Bwett

Smash Ace
Well, I play brawl way more than melee now because there's just a bigger crowd, so probably Brawl.

And whats MGC?
By Melee1, I mean the person lol. And everything I mentioned is Brawl related. Also, MGC is Midnight Gaming Championship, you can look it up. It's pretty awesome.

Hey guys, I'm coming back to Dallas on the 21st, someone throwing me a tourney on the 22nd or 3rd?

I need phone numbers to, got myself a phone finally: Fogo, Melee1 (especially you, need to whoop up on yeah), Bwett, Ice!

Yup! Give me yo numbers, and throw a tourney so it's exciting!
Sweet, how long you gonna be down? I'll be all up for throwing you a welcome home tournament. I'm gonna be out of town but I get back on the 20th. How about you give me a week to get situated, I'll get you a good crowd sometime on the 28th?

so i herd sum of u r cuming to ok dis firday
Yes sir! Four of us will be heading (I'm assuming) your way and probably staying the night, if its possible. Get in some of those awesome friendlies. It should be Fogo, me, Ice, and possibly Wilma if he finally decides to pm me back.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Yes sir! Four of us will be heading (I'm assuming) your way and probably staying the night, if its possible. Get in some of those awesome friendlies. It should be Fogo, me, Ice, and possibly Wilma if he finally decides to pm me back.
Awesome, I look forward to seeing you all here! It'll be interesting having a new generation of Smashers up from Dallas/Ft. Worth/Plano instead of the traditional Dr. Drew + Changsta + Kirby Kid + Youkoson + DoH + F-Matt line-up. I also look forward to getting to play Brawl with no lag; Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection is terrible!

Honest question: Am I an *** hole?
No way; I don't even know you, but anyone who is a fan of Kefka has to be cool.

And Hanson is way too good at Brawl. Though I think that I would have had a really close set (it was down to the last stock as it were) with him at MGC if I didn't kill myself twice and get gimped by the time limit.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Awesome, I look forward to seeing you all here! It'll be interesting having a new generation of Smashers up from Dallas/Ft. Worth/Plano instead of the traditional Dr. Drew + Changsta + Kirby Kid + Youkoson + DoH + F-Matt line-up. I also look forward to getting to play Brawl with no lag; Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection is terrible!
Sounds like fun, can't wait to get OK familiar with the G-krew :)

who did you use against hanson's diddy??

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Honest question: Am I an *** hole?
/best lil jon voice "Yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh" jk jk jk

I don't find you hurtful, self-centered or abrasive.

Ghettosheep: Hope to play ya soon. Lookin forward to out-o-towners.

DM1: I want a MM if possible :). Peach is...So good.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm only there from like the 21st to the 24th. Bwett and Fogo, you better be there! I seriously want to knock Fogo out again (hahahahahaha).

At the very least a smashfest with you fellas ^.^

And no one gave me phone numbers!

Mine is 407-765-8612

Give me a call guys!

Bwett

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm only there from like the 21st to the 24th. Bwett and Fogo, you better be there! I seriously want to knock Fogo out again (hahahahahaha).

At the very least a smashfest with you fellas ^.^

And no one gave me phone numbers!

Mine is 407-765-8612

Give me a call guys!
Well, I can't hold a smashfest during that weekend, but I am more than willing to drive to where ever with Wii, if need be. My number is 979-216-7010.

EDIT: Okay, I don't remember who took the picture of me with their phone, when I rolled up my pants and my sleeves with my Hulk impersonation, possibly Locke, but I really want that pic! Either post it in here or email it to me so I can post it. Or even still, send it to Fogo over the phone and he will get it up. Please! lol

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Who wants to join our carpool to the Austin Melee tournament this saturday? So far it's just me and DoH. His car gets really gas mileage so your share of gas will be cheap. Act now!

Wilma

Smash Rookie
So, I spent last night playing as Ice Climbers online and against CPU's, and I think I have carpal tunnel syndrome now. Seriously, it's like Killer Instinct. Ow. But he's crazy good.

Yeah. Sorry I can't go to OK, I'm just too busy. But in other news, I just noticed that the MGS event that's in Hurst is only a block from my house. I may be able to convince my mother to allow some Brawl practice that the day for practice. No promises just yet, just a thought.

EDIT: We seriously need to start getting some vids up. Where are the ones from a while ago?

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
By Melee1, I mean the person lol. And everything I mentioned is Brawl related. Also, MGC is Midnight Gaming Championship, you can look it up. It's pretty awesome.

Sweet, how long you gonna be down? I'll be all up for throwing you a welcome home tournament. I'm gonna be out of town but I get back on the 20th. How about you give me a week to get situated, I'll get you a good crowd sometime on the 28th?

im down if yall have any room but da only thing is I have to work at 12:45 da next day so do u think we will make it back by then or not?if so than i can go.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Last Ditch Effort to Spice Up the Allure of My Tournament With Rousing Updates

This just in: The tournament will now have at least 30 participants, and - assuming everyone that has confirmed with me shows up - will most likely hit 40 people. I can see possibly 50 people in attendance, although that's as high as my expectations go before they start to cross the threshold of fantasy. Luckily, I've been pretty diligent with getting the word out to kids all scattered across OKC and even the Stillwater area, so we'll at least have some of the best players Oklahoma's got to offer. You Dallas cats are icing on the cake.

Also, there's enough people interested for us to sustain a Brawl doubles bracket, and I'm even willing to go as far as holding a Melee tournament afterward, given that KOS-MOS' crew can come up with around 8-10 people who would want to play.

Well, it turns out I work the morning shift on Friday. Of course, this means I don't get off work until 6 and wouldn't be able to make it out to Norman until 9pm so I won't be able to make it anyway.

And I got my hopes up and everything :(:(:(
man i love it when people call me out. lemme see if i have anything planned for that day
...and I'mma call you and Infinity out again: don't use work as an excuse just 'cause you're SCURRRRRRRRRED

Note to whoever is going to OK this weekend:

You have to ruin their tournament somehow.

It's tradition :)
Doc, I'm not sure who you are, but if you were attending, I would personally guarantee you the most miserable 3-hour ride of shame back down to Dallas. =) You Texas power rankings panelists better whip out those white-out pens and make some amendments to include my people - Oklahoma just ain't big enough for us anymore. =)

Bring it on, Texas!

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Doc, I'm not sure who you are, but if you were attending, I would personally guarantee you the most miserable 3-hour ride of shame back down to Dallas. =) You Texas power rankings panelists better whip out those white-out pens and make some amendments to include my people - Oklahoma just ain't big enough for us anymore. =)

Bring it on, Texas!
There is no "shocked" smiley. This depresses the über nuber. however: suffice it to say, if there was one, I would be posting it along with a:

10insertsomethingslightlybutnotquitewittyhere.

But since I can't... :crying:

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
There is no "shocked" smiley. This depresses the über nuber. however: suffice it to say, if there was one, I would be posting it along with a:

10insertsomethingslightlybutnotquitewittyhere.

But since I can't... :crying:
:eek: looks pretty shocked to me.

Lol @ Hanson not knowing who Drew is. We can tell you about him at the tournament.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Yo *****s. I think this is my first time to post in the Dallas thread, but I thought I would say hi. I don't know if any of you remember me but oh well. HI!!!!

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer

Bring it on, Texas!
I did the 3-hour ride of shame thing last time. I think once is enough.

Plus I haven't played Brawl in... gotta be like 2 months at this point. Only played melee once and it was pretty sad watching how dumb I and everyone else pretty much plays now.

All you really need to know about me is that I'm a mod, since that's about all I have to do with smash or the community anymore.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
...and I'mma call you and Infinity out again: don't use work as an excuse just 'cause you're SCURRRRRRRRRED

Bring it on, Texas!
Now why would I be scared of you? :chuckle:

I wish I could come dude, I really do. As it is I'm already practically begging my manager to get one Saturday off this month so I can compete in the MGC.

On a related note, I heard a commercial for the MGC on the radio this morning.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I'll be having more fun at home playing TF2 and FFIV DS.

Plus I'm going to see Dark Knight in IMAX Saturday morning :).
Ah, that is such a great game! The presentation is incredible. I really hope they make FFVI DS, that would blow my mind.

And Batman ftw.
I'm on my second playthrough and I've owned it less than a week, lol. <nolife>

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I'm on my second playthrough and I've owned it less than a week, lol. <nolife>
Lol, I've owned it since July 23rd and I'm still not done with my first playthrough, though this is intentional since I've been savoring the game, as while I do plan on going through the second and third playthroughs, who knows whether I'll actually get around to doing so :dizzy: I've beaten the one on GBA, though, so I am immune to spoilers.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Strangely, there's alotta shieks in OK...hmm.

Edit: I got 2nd, I lost to maxxx power, it went to the final match though.

Also, billy got 3rd, he only lost to me and maxxx power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom