• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
Strangely, there's alotta shieks in OK...hmm.

Edit: I got 2nd, I lost to maxxx power, it went to the final match though.

Also, billy got 3rd, he only lost to me and maxxx power.
already dawg! Fogo magic all day! and bigs up to gkrew reppin dallas.man I wish I could of went. im tired of missin big tournies.this is been goin on since melee.wack. :(

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Actually, it's just Max Power, with one x, lol. maxxx power is from AZ.

Anyway, GGs at the tournament. Fogo and Bwett are cool, must play again sometime. I think Hanson mentioned some big tournament down in Dallas that we should attend.

Pretty much all of the Sheiks at the tournament were (semi-)random people, lol. I don't think that anyone in the main OK crew plays Sheik, except for Hanson when he's ****ing around.

tac0

Smash Journeyman
I want to have a crew battle with bkm!

Who wants to join me? this could be melee or brawl!

Ratatat

Smash Apprentice
Strangely, there's alotta shieks in OK...hmm.

Edit: I got 2nd, I lost to maxxx power, it went to the final match though.

Also, billy got 3rd, he only lost to me and maxxx power.
who did max power play with?

I want to have a crew battle with bkm!

Who wants to join me? this could be melee or brawl!
are you sure bkm still exists? i havent heard from them in a while.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
VSA Super Smash Bros: Brawl Tournament Results

Singles:
1. Max Power (Falco)
2. Fogo (King Dedede, Meta Knight)
3. Bwett (Yoshi, Falco)
4. The Destroyer (Ike, Ganondorf)
5. Zinth (Meta Knight, Marth)
5. PhLo (Game & Watch, Falco)
7. Zero (Marth, Ike)
7. Shade (Wolf, Falco)
9. Walrus (Fox)
9. Saije (Bowser, Falco)
9. J0S3 (Meta Knight)
9. Game Time (King Dedede, Meta Knight, Pikachu)
13. GT (Snake, Sonic)
13. Glass Onion (Fox)
13. Cr1f3n (Ike)
13. Fire Emblem Kid (Marth, Fox, Falco)
17. Jim Styles (Sheik, Snake)
17. He-Man (Kirby, Sheik)
17. Gravity (ROB)
17. Lilly (Jigglypuff)
17. DRock (Sheik)
17. Solar J (Fox)
17. Deko
17. Po Pimpus (Luigi, Mario)
25. Raep
25. Brown Guy (Fox)
25. Zorgon
25. Oompa Loompa
25.A-Hoi (Kirby)

Doubles:
1. Cr3w KillaZ - Le THieN (Zelda) & Max Power (Ganondorf, Toon Link)
2. Bwogo - Bwett (Yoshi, Falco) & Fogo (King Dedede & Meta Knight)
3. Black & Yellow - Po Pimpus (Luigi) & Shade (Falco, Wolf)
4. Team G0d T13r - Zinth (Meta Knight) & GT (Snake)
5. Da Winnerz - Saije (Bowser, Falco) & Solar J (Falco)
5. Los MascaBrothers - Walrus (Fox) & J0S3 (Meta Knight)
7. Golden State Warriors - Zorgon & Cr1ff3n
7. Off in the Corner - Brown Guy (Fox) & Deko

All facts considered, it was a modestly successful tournament. Everyone was really friendly and cooperative, and everything went down as smoothly as it could have. I'm hoping to set up another tournament within the next few weeks in Crossroads Lounge in the Union - a more spacious and comfortable environment where I don't have to worry about lugging around three TVs in my car. Also, with better promotion and a bigger budget, I'm hoping for bigger payouts for the Top 3 players so that the trip is more worth it for all out-of-towners involved. And if I can shoot for a 50-man tournament next time around, you can fully expect me to not hold back and enter, as well. =)

We had some strong Dallas representation from two of the great city's premiere players, Bwett and Fogo. They're quite literally two of the coolest cats I've ever encountered on the tournament scene, and I really hope we'll see a lot more of them and the rest of the Dallas G-Krew in the future. Bwett, I challenge you to a arm-wrestling money match!

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Bwett causes earthquakes when he smashes his opponents arm onto the table. In fact, some say that when Mt St Helens erupted it wasn't because of anything natural. Bwett just got angry and punched the mountain.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
The only thing that might have made that comment better is if we had that picture of him with his sleeves and shorts rolled up. Show all that is Bwett!! :D

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Doom 3 has GOT to be the scariest game I have ever played.

Ironically, it's also the only FPS game I'm any good at. Apparently the only time I can actually manage to shoot something is when I can't see it. Go figure.

Edit - Omnicasting/Break is the new Vanish/Doom. Only it hits everything instead of 1 thing. And it's faster.

Ratatat

Smash Apprentice
YESSS
paco loco.
scariest villian of all time, no joke.
that man was a giant.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I dunno, Fatal Frame or Siren had its terrifying moments. And, as much as I hate to say this, at risk of sounding like a girl, I still can't play Bioshock by myself cause it scares me. :/

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
I played some game where you have to take pictures of ghosts and it's in japanese with sub titles, i would tell you the name, but i can't remember due to the brain damage that occurred while i was passed out from fear.

I also love indigo prophecy, it's not THAT scary but it's definitely really freaky and fun as heck.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Yes, that would be Fatal Frame, I believe. Unless there's another creepy ghost photo based game that I'm missing (if this be the case, please inform me! I have a disturbing love of horror :D). Great game though. Minus said brain damage. Or for me it was a fear of cameras for a while.

Yes, Indigo Prophecy is -super- fantastic. If you haven't played it, go! Go go go!!!

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
Sadly, the only horror games I've played were Resident Evil 1, 0, and 4, along with Eternal Darkness (which was more mind-****ery than scary). Granted, RE1 did a great job with the atmosphere, while 0 relies more on funhouse horror (why was a zombie waiting in a refrigerator to jump out at me while lit on fire? Scared the hell out of me the first time, but seriously, WTF?)

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
out of the resident evil series i think 3 was the scariest, u never know when that ugly bish would pop out. but overall i think silent hill is one of the freakiest games ive seen/played.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Oh my god the eel from Mario 64. My god. I made my girlfriend play all the eel stages because I couldn't handle it. I call him Trauma the Eel.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Yes, that would be Fatal Frame. Yes, Indigo Prophecy is -super- fantastic. If you haven't played it, go! Go go go!!!
Ahh fatal frame! that's it, scary game fersure.

and if you didnt read it before, everybody should rent indigo prophecy and play it. in fact, we should play it together lol

(why was a zombie waiting in a refrigerator to jump out at me while lit on fire? Scared the hell out of me the first time, but seriously, WTF?)
LMFAO!

out of the resident evil series i think 3 was the scariest, u never know when that ugly bish would pop out. but overall i think silent hill is one of the freakiest games ive seen/played.
yeah i agree, 3 was freaky as ****. oh and silent hill! that was a badass game indeed.

On another note

DALLAS: I'm seriously getting sick of all this hatred amongst our smashers and friends. It makes everything awkward and quite frankly, it pisses me off. I'm tired of having to listen to people **** talk about each other and still smile in peoples faces while i know what's going on. Ok, maybe people piss you off, maybe you don't like the way this guy plays, or maybe you just can't stand losing to a person, GET THE **** OVER IT. We have been acting like it's a civil war ever since melee1 made that post about ice, and i'm sick of it. Shawn, you need to publicly apologize to dallas for that post and personally to ice, and ice, you need to accept that, and if you guys can't be friends anymore then so be it, but i don't wanna be frowned upon for who i choose to play with anymore. I mean i can't even talk to melee1 without krystal or somebody turning their nose up at me or something. I love everybody in dallas, and if you guys don't, that's understandable, but i won't be taking sides anymore, theres one side, our side and that's it.

DivinityZERO

Smash Rookie
Omg Nemesis was the ****. I would hate it when I had to fight him in those tiny hallway. He would just jump at you out of nowhere.

On another note

DALLAS: I'm seriously getting sick of all this hatred amongst our smashers and friends. It makes everything awkward and quite frankly, it pisses me off. I'm tired of having to listen to people **** talk about each other and still smile in peoples faces while i know what's going on. Ok, maybe people piss you off, maybe you don't like the way this guy plays, or maybe you just can't stand losing to a person, GET THE **** OVER IT. We have been acting like it's a civil war ever since melee1 made that post about ice, and i'm sick of it. Shawn, you need to publicly apologize to dallas for that post and personally to ice, and ice, you need to accept that, and if you guys can't be friends anymore then so be it, but i don't wanna be frowned upon for who i choose to play with anymore. I mean i can't even talk to melee1 without krystal or somebody turning their nose up at me or something. I love everybody in dallas, and if you guys don't, that's understandable, but i won't be taking sides anymore, theres one side, our side and that's it.
QFT.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
The ReDeads from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time still scare the **** out of me.

My true terror of gaming, however, is Captain Falcon.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
so whos all going to frisco for this weekends tournament? if yall want yall can chill at my place before they start the tournament.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Dallas turning into casual city scares me.

fogo: Wish we coulda stayed longer to chill. I am interested how everyone did at MGC and OK tourny; but didn't have time to add much input. Word to your previous post.
I'd really like to stake Dallasphat against you or Bwett $3 best of 3. He's improving his game at an incredible pace. I hope, through practice, he becomes a formidable opponent.
Games @ my place Tuesday. We can discuss .

Anyone else: 2 spots open, hit me in pm. (do not let your pm look like this=Hi i'm ___, whats your address.
Create a message that allows me to recognize you at my door. PLz's & thx's in advance.

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
On another note

agreed i played this guy at MGC he used DK then pit i beat him each time easy after the match he like tried to elbow me to make me flinch then told the judge he won when he got mad. this is suposed to be a friendly community so lets start being more like it and start proving to people that brawl didnt start a bad community.

SnAp..

Smash Rookie
Dude if anybody ever tries to intimidate you like that again, find me and i'll take care of them. Quickly.

~Fogo

tac0

Smash Journeyman
agreed i played this guy at MGC he used DK then pit i beat him each time easy after the match he like tried to elbow me to make me flinch then told the judge he won when he got mad. this is suposed to be a friendly community so lets start being more like it and start proving to people that brawl didnt start a bad community.
That's just asshats. Don't mind them.

Edit: wait, *** isn't censored?

Double edit: this is too confusing -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom