• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Brawl Thread: Batou Monthly, Feb 18th - Revolution 10, Mar 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
yea i did...XD i thought he said he was gonna do MK but i think i misheard my mistake. still a bad matchup either way
Metaknight is not a bad matchup for Wolf, yo. It's not good, but it's not bad either. Gotta use your reflector more. I'll show you what I mean next time I see you, remind me.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
yea i know i brought back my reflector game. im always scared of using grabs and reflectors on mk, cause of his sword + fast attacks+ and players fast response time = dead woflie. but im looking forward to what u can teach me.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
yea i know i brought back my reflector game. im always scared of using grabs and reflectors on mk, cause of his sword + fast attacks+ and players fast response time = dead woflie. but im looking forward to what u can teach me.
I used to main Wolf, lol. I remember that time, I believe it was called March.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
lol, im gonna have to pick someone else to counter my counter picks if that makes any sense. i used to be kirby, but i kinda don't like kirby's limited approaches.

Ratatat

Smash Apprentice
lol, im gonna have to pick someone else to counter my counter picks if that makes any sense. i used to be kirby, but i kinda don't like kirby's limited approaches.
You should give game and watch a try. Not to bad match up against metaknight, and a pretty good one against falco. Than again im prolly not good enough to be giving advice :p

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
You should give game and watch a try. Not to bad match up against metaknight, and a pretty good one against falco. Than again im prolly not good enough to be giving advice :p
lol not that your not or anything, but you don't have to be good to give advice. people are good with different things. So i might suck at one thing and you might be uber with another. I welcome any advice to my game play.

ill give G&W a try, same with diddy, marth, toon link, and pit.

probably no on pit cause of the b-up thing.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
lol not that your not or anything, but you don't have to be good to give advice. people are good with different things. So i might suck at one thing and you might be uber with another. I welcome any advice to my game play..
I love this.

Also love the new SBR ruleset. lots of love...<3 <3 <3!

will give report on waco in a couple days...sooooo inteeeense

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
Any smashfest going down on Monday or Tuesday? You could say I'm kind of new here, but I'm going back to West Texas for college on Wednesday. I like playing Melee and I'll play Brawl if I have to, but I'm not that into it. I don't have a GC, Wii or any Nintendo stuff except a CG controller, so I can't really bring a setup or anything.

Also, Bwett1 = Best Ike > ALL OF DFW

felix45

Smash Lord
its true, bwett does have the best ike in dallas :p

anyways if you wanna play and no one ends up doing anything you can always come to my place and play yumcha.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Any smashfest going down on Monday or Tuesday? You could say I'm kind of new here, but I'm going back to West Texas for college on Wednesday. I like playing Melee and I'll play Brawl if I have to, but I'm not that into it. I don't have a GC, Wii or any Nintendo stuff except a CG controller, so I can't really bring a setup or anything.

Actually if you guys want I can definitely hold a Smashfest at my place tomorrow (tuesday for those who don't know what today is :)). I had fogo, ice and 4saken over and I realize I got plenty of room to hold one all I ask are for people to take off there shoes and don't be too loud already got one noise compliant at my apartment complex but other then that I don't mind having 5-8 people over.

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
I could probably hold a smashfest at my apartment too; it's decently sized and pretty clean (no offense Meleee1, but Thursday night after taking my socks off, I noticed that they were extremely dirty from your floor. Seriously, vacuum the place)

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Actually if you guys want I can definitely hold a Smashfest at my place tomorrow (tuesday for those who don't know what today is :)). I had fogo, ice and 4saken over and I realize I got plenty of room to hold one all I ask are for people to take off there shoes and don't be too loud already got one noise compliant at my apartment complex but other then that I don't mind having 5-8 people over.
I'm in, yo.

And you're fat.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
im interested where do u live?

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
Sounds good, it's about a 30 min drive to your place. My cell phone is 817-300-3427. I'll see if Felix45 wants to go as well, I can offer him a ride or visa versa. Hopefully he isn't busy.

Bwett

Smash Ace

Omg, so lame. I get back in Dallas on the day that you leave :'(

its true, bwett does have the best ike in dallas :p
ty for the compliments on ike :p

ike_love

Smash Apprentice
Ike is back Dallas, sorry I've been on the DL for so long!

Oh yeah, DallasPhat, I would like to come tonight, but I need an address.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
BTW I'm going out to do some errands, the smashfest will probably start around 2-4 o clock depending on how fast I get done if yall need information or something call me I believe the people who pm'ed me should already have my info if not you can contact me at 214-536-1403. Anyways.. if you guys could bring over like drinks and chips or something to share with the people it would probably make the experience alot better. :) (Of course bringing something isn't necessary but also if someone can bring a wii that would rock cause I got a spare tv we can use.)

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Srsly guys, I just had some VERY good Oriental food. So good that I'm getting all emotional over it. I almost cried it was so good.
So that means you care to treat us to food? Sounds like a plan.

on a related note: I had a whopper a couple weeks ago...So good /end sarcasm

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
Would the Dallas community want to participate in a "random" tournament? As in, we play like we would in any other tournament, but we have to select random for every match we play in?

I know that people probably wouldn't want to pay much to enter a tournament partially based on luck, but what if it was something cheap like a dollar or 50 cents? I think it'd be fun, and we could still do best of three, double elimination, etc.

And my apartment is actually clean. >_>

Bwett

Smash Ace
Would the Dallas community want to participate in a "random" tournament? As in, we play like we would in any other tournament, but we have to select random for every match we play in?

I know that people probably wouldn't want to pay much to enter a tournament partially based on luck, but what if it was something cheap like a dollar or 50 cents? I think it'd be fun, and we could still do best of three, double elimination, etc.

I'm all up for a random tournament as well. Also, lay off melee1. He was kind enough to host a tournament for you. You should be kind enough to let things slide.

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
Oh, the tournament was run very well, and I loved being there and competing with everybody. That doesn't change the fact that his apartment is dirty. >_>

Though yeah, in hindsight I shouldn't have made that comment in my last post.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman

I'm down with it. i like how creative brawl can get. i saw a youtube video of a soccer game in brawl using a custom stage.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Ggs today. I hope everyone drove home safely. Especially Infinity and his 35mph over the speed limit ***. That downpour on 35E was soooo inteeeense.

Fogo: almost forgot about /neckroll. WTB /neckroll for 100 gold.

Srsca: Can I has cheezburger?

Shuz: l2 b.air WoP

Yum_Cha: Long time no see. I've been torn away from shoryuken scene ever since bwett told me of melee1's first tournament. Hope to see you around way more often.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPBgxWyXYKI for those who never played the nintendo and snes

felix45

Smash Lord
ggs today everyone, it was fun times!

I'm going back to lubbock thursday, so I'll be back thanksgiving break. I'm gonna play brawl at school and get back in top shape for you guys (so like how I played at the fist tourney I went to in dallas at the begining of the summer), so you better watch out!

teams was awesome. shuz and I tore it up :pP

also dont forget to look for that weird ledge dash attack cancel thingy shuz, I want to know how I did that!

chronoize

Smash Journeyman

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPBgxWyXYKI for those who never played the nintendo and snes
holy **** hard core!

Felix- yea ill look into it, ill probably post it on youtube tomarrow.

Andy- great smashfest man, to bad we didn't get to play more. ill try to spike more.

Infinity- my popcorn T.T

to those who went to cici's
here's the vid i was talking about. check out the shield to fsmash>fsmash>fsmash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgl34dzlbDQ

and try not to laugh at this one, or else!
it gets good at 3:00 +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E_x3ArCQm8&feature=related

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
holy **** hard core!

Felix- yea ill look into it, ill probably post it on youtube tomarrow.

Andy- great smashfest man, to bad we didn't get to play more. ill try to spike more.

Infinity- my popcorn T.T

to those who went to cici's
here's the vid i was talking about. check out the shield to fsmash>fsmash>fsmash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgl34dzlbDQ

and try not to laugh at this one, or else!
it gets good at 3:00 +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E_x3ArCQm8&feature=related
lol those shows are ****ing funny shuz laughing my *** off that t.v. show would be hard lol.japenese are so weird lol XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom