• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Melee Thread! 10/20 Little Rock, 10/27 San Antonio

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Right....cause, ya know, posting about a tourney without giving any details whatsoever TWO DAYS before the weekend has nothing to do with it. And *****, I don't give a ****, take my money. **** I have that **** coming out of my ears, you scrub *** piece of **** *****.

LMAO and I took your $100 mm, but like a ***** you backed down.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
When you're done jerking yourself off, I'm here to mm you on our original terms. $100. You know what I'm talking about.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Haha you act like you aren't several tiers above me in play. I have no doubt you could four stock both my Sheik and ICs with almost every character.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
I beat mew2king before too. I doubt you could even take a stock off. This is obviously the best way to gauge players' relative skill.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
I get that many guys will sandbag since I'm a chick. What you don't seem to get is my point.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, I'm so over this whole whatever the heck it is we're arguing about. I'll play you and Hannah tomorrow, whatever.

In the meantime - Sethlon, Problem and I are taking a car down to Houston tonight to play with Oscar and Jake. DFW - last night Tai (MimicMew) said he'd be playing Thoraxe and Tyranny in Plano tonight. Feel free to contact me if you need their info!

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Lol we were arguing? XD someone took this thing a bit too personal. It's ok. Evidently people from the east coast get butt hurt easily. I forgive you.

:phone:

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Ok, thread derail aside, who's up to play some Smash soon? And I'd like to hold another Smashfest either this week or the next in the Plano area. Maybe not tomorrow since it's Valentines Day though :3

In terms of areas, I was thinking of getting regular Smash going:

Denton Tuesdays at Denthorn's - if Denthorn is cool with it

Arlington Thursdays/Fridays at UTA - depending on activity in Arlington . I hear there's a lot of players interested, but haven't seen much go down here.

Richardson/Plano Sundays at Sethlon's - attendance to these weeklies has seemed to decline, what's up guys? Would another day work better?

Dallas proper all day, errdays at Emily's - I can basically play every night of the week and on the weekends. Call me call me if you ever want to play.

Sethlon, can you update the OP with Your, Problem's, and my contact and area info?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Sure thing.

Also, Darkrain texted me recently saying hes interested in hitting up some smashfests. Hes free Wednesdays and Sundays, so I'll be holding a smashfest at my place this Sunday.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Sure thing.

Also, Darkrain texted me recently saying hes interested in hitting up some smashfests. Hes free Wednesdays and Sundays, so I'll be holding a smashfest at my place this Sunday.
This is great news! Let's play Sunday, and everybody come so we can show Dark Rain that DFW Melee is still alive!!!

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
New tourney has been posted. Saturday, March 3rd starting at 11AM in Plano. In continuation of being super gay, this tournament series will be named Rainbow Dash Dance :3

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318382

BTW, special shoutouts to Denthorn for his performance in Houston and placing 9th. He beat Noc (Houston) and Ivan (Austin) and lost to Kal and Kalo (Houston). Good ****.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
It is basically true that beating me in tournament is not much to brag about. Guess I have gotten complacent, or even more complacent than before. >.> Not saying Denthorn and Hannah's skill levels aren't quite respectable though.
PS: I really tried to avoid johning in this post, hope I succeeded lol.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Stop being complacent then lol just **** them next time. You're better than them. You've done things to us that are b tier status worthy. There's no need to lose to f tier just because you feel bad for them. Don't think about who you're fighting. Just go in and destroy them.

:phone:

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
lol wat. I just said who Denthorn hit in tourney...that's it...

But at least he straight up beat Noc and didn't just gay him to death.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
What's the word on Austin next week guys? I'm down to go if someone else wants to get it together...I'm like kinda tired and don't feel like organizing (johns johns johns) ...

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I'm out, spent a bit too much on the Houston trip as is. Darkrain was interested, sunday would be a good chance to bug him about it.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
My boyfriend wanted to hang out on Sunday night, but I told him I have to play Smash with Dark Rain....he doesn't seem pleased.

MT_

Smash Ace
Yes get Darkrain here!!!! And Sethlon you ******* I want a rematch with you!!! <3 Hope you guys can make it!

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Hey duders, I'm thinking of hosting another tournament Either March 10th or 24th at Area 51 in Grapevine. I know this is like back to back tournies, but I wanted to see if there was interest since they are in different locations and one may be more local players and less ooc/oos. I dunno much about spring break these days, so let me know what's good.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
I'ts just that Plano is oh so far away from the western half. But I see your point, I'll see about getting it going on the 24th.

FoxstepCEO

Smash Rookie
Which is like, the -real- DFW thread, or is like, Dallas and Fort Worth like separate entities? Because I want to bridge the two countries by proposing a peace treaty.

I'll try to post in both but yea I'm getting into Melee like a generation too late, but damnit Melee's so good. It'll be cool to hang out and play with y'all.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Welcome to DFW!

The Dallas thread/Forth Worth thread are actually threads for the Brawl community, the Melee scene just has this thread for the greater DFW area. AFAIK the Fort Worth thread was just created as a kind of social thread since its so far away from Dallas proper, there isn't any hate between them.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Gotta love that classic Chrono Trigger music

Added tourney dates (oops lolz) and facebook group link to the frontpage.

Paranite

Smash Rookie
So wait, I don't understand... people near Dallas ACTUALLY play Melee..? Um... this is news to me. I don't know like, anyone who smashes near me & I'm always so sad and lonely. :sadeyes:

So like... is there anyone near SMU that would maybe like to smash this weekend? :/

Top Bottom