• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
haha just use that one song and go back to the first day. I always wait till the last minute seeing everyone going crazy on D3.

OMGZ THE MOON SO BIG WAAHHHHH

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
V/LA until sometime Tuesday. Only game I'm in is FFIX, which hasn't started yet, haha. But just in case, yeah. Gonna be on a fishing/camping trip X:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
how far are you, vanderzant?

first time playing that game has to be stressful. it's not very obvious what you're supposed to do, imo.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I'm at the swamp (got up to the lost forest maze) but I had to leave so I basically am at the start again (which shouldn't take that long really).

I don't mind the 72 hour thing that much... I'm not sure how long it is in real minutes, but I usually play in spurts anyway so it'll probably end up suiting me. The big YOU HAVE 60 HOURS LEFT is annoying though... like, the game has this very charming atmosphere... only to be constantly interrupted by this booming notification? Weird haha.

The TV I'm playing it on is really bad too. Makes a darkish game look even darker... I really was spoilt playing OoT on the 3DS :/. Need to get a new TV for ages anyway.

I'll remember to bank rupees now (lost about 60 on my second save =o).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Get a new TV!

You haven't learned the song of soaring yet, have you? Whenever you see an Owl Statue, make sure you hit it with your sword. You can save there.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Or you could just play the actual game and read the actual story and listen to the actual music.

Because the actual music is really damn good and sets the mood a lot better than remixes, same with story.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Get a new TV!

You haven't learned the song of soaring yet, have you? Whenever you see an Owl Statue, make sure you hit it with your sword. You can save there.
Hey it's my birthday tomorrow... maybe someone will buy me one?? :D

Well, you HAVE to be listening to this while playing MM:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/12443
I think I'm with Soldie, I like the origininal better.

Bookmarked, will read once I beat the game :)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Saw someone mention this game and I had forgotten about it, so read through it after I saw that I was lynched D1.

My reads were ****ing on.

1. Ronike
2. Nicholas1024
3. Mark Benford (Jungle Fever)
4. SwordsRBroken
5. Overswarm
6. Meta-Kirby
7. Rockin
8. Airgemini
9. Zεη
10. Rajam
11. Sold2 replaces Vult Redux
12. Hilt
13. TigerWoods
14. Omni

2/3 of my scum reads were scum on D1. Me being the obv lynch target was completely random, but I need to do that **** in the future as a VT if I can replicate these results o_o

Willing to believe Omni's claim for now. I'm a bit worried that he's SK though, lol. But I'd rather wait until later in the game before he's even considered being the play.
Hilt's were too ^_^

Question for all: how many times have you deliberately tried to get yourself lynch as town to get reads off people, and how often has it worked? This is an avenue I've never really pursued in mafia before.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Never, because unless I have a trustworthy mason partner, I don't want to sacrifice leaving the game to give other players a read that they could easily overlook due to the assumption that I could simple be wrong.

Take D2 of ducktales of example. Chaco self hammered as town expecting town to follow his scumpicks after his death, yet they were completly ignored and we ended up alphaing the next day with zero problems.

Not to say that SWF players are dumb as a whole, but there are some I wouldn't trust to carry out my reads after my death.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
That's kind of true... in that game they ended up lynching my partner, Rockin, even though Rockin had cleared himself D1 o_o

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I dunno.. I don't think I would. Plus it would confuse town because you'd also get townies lynching you and it would help scum lynch them, regardless of your reads. Cuz sometimes you are in the heat of the moment so you don't really go by the dead person's reads.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Uh, I thought meant being purposefully scummy and getting wagoned but not getting lynched to get reads, like it might be easier to tell who's out for a lynch and who's scum hunting type of deal.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Uh, I thought meant being purposefully scummy and getting wagoned but not getting lynched to get reads, like it might be easier to tell who's out for a lynch and who's scum hunting type of deal.
No, actually getting lynched.

It would be best used for roles like Miller, princess activated only by night-kills, or other such things.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
People would just go OH LOL HE WANTS TO SELF HAMMER or is he jester? Sup with teh jester play?

I mean you saw me in FE xD

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I mean people might say that you just want to self hammer if its after a while from game start up. I know people said "Maybe ran wants to get to l=1 for a special surprise" when I just wanted a paper trail.

I guess it would work if you didn't actually ask to be lynched, but instead did subtly scummy things that people would catch on to.

But actually, what happened in Ducktales? What did you do to get lynched?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Never, because unless I have a trustworthy mason partner, I don't want to sacrifice leaving the game to give other players a read that they could easily overlook due to the assumption that I could simple be wrong.
Kind of this.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I think I'm the only dgames player who ever successfully lead a lynch from the grave.

It's simple, if you're not around to push people, they will ignore your reads and focus on theirs.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I think I'm the only dgames player who ever successfully lead a lynch from the grave. It's simple, if you're not around to push people, they will ignore your reads and focus on theirs.
How did you manage to push them into leading a lynch upon your death, O Great Adumbrodeus?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
When you're dead, you have no way to put your reads and cases on the day's agenda and it's rare for other players to do so. Therefore your reads will be ignored and forgotten when you die.
Not that. I was confused at your use of "It's simple" as a connector between the two sentences. I don't believe you used it correctly and you omitted the important part that everyone wants to know, which is why town complied with your reads given your death~

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think I'm the only dgames player who ever successfully lead a lynch from the grave.

It's simple, if you're not around to push people, they will ignore your reads and focus on theirs.
My death on D1 in Mario Kart led to the lynch of Tiger Woods the next day, the Nkill of Jungle the next Night, and the lynch of Air Gemini the following day; all three my scum reads.

=P

Lots of people lead lynches from beyond the grave, especially cops, trackers, and other informative roles.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Is it better to claim a Guilty right away as a cop or should you just tunnel the hell out of them so people know who your Guilty's were so you can continue to cop without claiming?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Tunnel the hell out of them imo. If you're lucky the scum team won't realize that you're a cop but even then it could be pretty obvious.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Is it better to claim a Guilty right away as a cop or should you just tunnel the hell out of them so people know who your Guilty's were so you can continue to cop without claiming?
It depends when you get it. You need to heavily breadcrumb your guilty's and inno's if you die in the Night though.

I'd probably just outright claim if I got a guilty N1 in a game right now; I'd say "am cop, got a guilty on X, free lynch toDay" then hope I was protected or watched.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
If you could make a strong case on someone you knew was guilty without having to claim, I'd go ahead and do that. Otherwise I'd just claim.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
What if you end up tunneling on the town miller? That would be sad. Especially if all the mafia are godfathers. :troll:

Top Bottom