• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Nah, he's tossing a gauntlet. I'd love new players to get in her salty and dedicated to show up some egotistical Falco player.

EDIT: "get in her"

that's too good to remove
Implying that we need newer players. If people think this is interesting or for them, then I'm sure that they'll find their own way here. Doing this isn't the right way to bring in new players. We could get one or two if we're lucky, but everyone else that gets brought here from it gets annoyed. Simply put, there are better ways to bring people to our community than being a **** and a troll.

:172:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Implying that we need newer players. If people think this is interesting or for them, then I'm sure that they'll find their own way here. Doing this isn't the right way to bring in new players. We could get one or two if we're lucky, but everyone else that gets brought here from it gets annoyed. Simply put, there are better ways to bring people to our community than being a **** and a troll. :172:
I want to hug you. Ryker just strikes me as the tough-love type. I don't think he's trying to be mean|put people down. It is his way of being sincere and doing the right-thing|trying to make this place better ect. As far as player evaluations go, mafia is generally a game of luck, strategy, and emotional analysis. Not always the most cunning players win due to a lucky report so on and so forth.

As far as reading other players go, if you play with the same players over and over again and win repeatedly then you're really good at reading|deceiving that close-knit group of people. How much of an accomplishment that is? I suppose that's up to the individuals themselves. Now if you play on a number of mafia sites and you're good at the game, then I suppose you're generally good at lying and|or figuring out when other people are lying.

I think that being bad|good at a game isn't incredibly important in the grand scheme of things. Then again I am on a competitive gaming site, so perhaps I'm the one who is out of place when putting these things into perspective~ :33

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Lolno, it's just entertaining to see people mad. If butthurt person A decides to play mafia, all the better, easy to mislynch him.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I think that being bad|good at a game isn't incredibly important in the grand scheme of things. Then again I am on a competitive gaming site, so perhaps I'm the one who is out of place when putting these things into perspective~ :33
You're high. There's players below a certain level that if you put two of them in LyLo with me as scum, they will lose. There's players that can be a cleared doctor and I STILL wouldn't night kill them because they aren't a threat to me at all.

No, bad/good matters, same as anything else where the goal is to win.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Implying that we need newer players. If people think this is interesting or for them, then I'm sure that they'll find their own way here. Doing this isn't the right way to bring in new players. We could get one or two if we're lucky, but everyone else that gets brought here from it gets annoyed. Simply put, there are better ways to bring people to our community than being a **** and a troll.

I love 'em as players, but I've played way too much with Soup, Broto, J, Zen, and Kuz recently.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
You're high. There's players below a certain level that if you put two of them in LyLo with me as scum, they will lose. There's players that can be a cleared doctor and I STILL wouldn't night kill them because they aren't a threat to me at all. No, bad/good matters, same as anything else where the goal is to win.
I wasn't really referring to lylo when I said the "grand scheme of things." I was actually referring to life.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I wasn't really referring to lylo when I said the "grand scheme of things." I was actually referring to life.
Then you don't have your head in the game. Yeah sure, bigger things than mafia, but when I play a game, whether it be Melee/Brawl, Mafia, Football, or Tennis, I play to win and to be the best I can be.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I play to win too.

Yet, I also play for fun.

Ryker, I do think others play differently. (meaning Acrostic)

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Then you don't have your head in the game. Yeah sure, bigger things than mafia, but when I play a game, whether it be Melee/Brawl, Mafia, Football, or Tennis, I play to win and to be the best I can be.
Your Type A personality is hemorrhaging. Please stay away from me, I'm wearing white today.

naaaaaaaah let's just get some ****ty epicmafia players in here and actually teach them how to play the game.
Hah.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I want to hug you. Ryker just strikes me as the tough-love type. I don't think he's trying to be mean|put people down. It is his way of being sincere and doing the right-thing|trying to make this place better ect. As far as player evaluations go, mafia is generally a game of luck, strategy, and emotional analysis. Not always the most cunning players win due to a lucky report so on and so forth.

As far as reading other players go, if you play with the same players over and over again and win repeatedly then you're really good at reading|deceiving that close-knit group of people. How much of an accomplishment that is? I suppose that's up to the individuals themselves. Now if you play on a number of mafia sites and you're good at the game, then I suppose you're generally good at lying and|or figuring out when other people are lying.

You really, really, really need to stick around here. Very, very much. Really, really.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
It's okay, we made Soup kinda smart too. Luckily, we won't really have to teach you all that much from the sounds of it. Like Circus said, stick around.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Most of my ma-- Oh yeah. Started with my newb. : D

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Make me a cool signature that I can start posting at the bottom of all my mafia posts, like a real signature or something.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Don't you get like free ice cream when you get your wisdom teeth removed?
Because like, I've always WANTED to get mine removed since I was 4. But my mouth is too big :c.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Getting wisdom teeth out tomorrow, don't know how it'll go :/. But I'll most likely be v/la for a while.
Do NOT stop taking the painkillers you get until the time period they say to take them is up. I don't care how much better you feel.

Realistically, you'll be sore as ****, but you'll get better.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Acrostic... oh my gosh... I agree with everything you just said sooooo much <3!

When it comes to games, the skill doesn't matter at all honestly. Games are there to let you have fun. People take them seriously, sure, but just because people take them seriously doesn't automatically make skill something that matters, and it doesn't change the main reason as to why games are here in the first place. People will view this differently of course, but if you're not having fun with a game, then you're not going to play it. If you're bad and you're having fun, then you'll try to improve because you're having fun, which keeps you interested in the game.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Do NOT stop taking the painkillers you get until the time period they say to take them is up. I don't care how much better you feel.

Realistically, you'll be sore as ****, but you'll get better.
really? i only took my vicodin the day after the surgery, and that's it. I felt fine.

Top Bottom