• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
[11:28:36 PM] Shinobu W.: I got accepted to my college of choice!
[11:28:40 PM] Shinobu W.: BUT THATS NOT ALL
[11:28:42 PM] Shinobu W.: I gotta brag here
[11:28:43 PM] Shinobu W.: sorry
[11:28:50 PM] Zaceky: Amazing!!!!!!!
[11:28:55 PM] Shinobu W.: It's the second most prestigious game design college in the world
[11:28:59 PM] Shinobu W.: !
[11:29:03 PM] Shinobu W.: and I got a TOP APPLICATION
[11:29:08 PM] Shinobu W.: which is ~25 people
[11:29:12 PM] Shinobu W.: out of 1250+ applicants
[11:29:31 PM] Shinobu W.: which means I can bypass the interview stage

:D

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I am Shinobu W :embarrass:

Oh you Zen <3

I got accepted to Game Architecture and Design in Breda, in the toughest course, which is Independent Game Development. Basically I will learn Game Marketing, Art, 3D modelling, animation, texturing, programming, designing and everything necessary to make a game and successfully put it on the market. 60hours/week.

Ronike

Smash Ace
0_o I know that's the toughest course. I have enough troubles with Programming and Design, with a tad bit of Marketing and Management, I couldn't imagine throwing the art side in there as well. Just not enough hours in the day, though I suppose I do have a full time ***tty job along with an unpaid internship. Good luck with that regardless, and congrats of course. Hit me up if you ever need a programmer and can pay :)

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Haha I'll keep you in mind, even though I don't think I'll have much cash outside of what will be a possible ramen budget. Thanks broski!

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
0_o I know that's the toughest course. I have enough troubles with Programming and Design, with a tad bit of Marketing and Management, I couldn't imagine throwing the art side in there as well. Just not enough hours in the day, though I suppose I do have a full time ***tty job along with an unpaid internship. Good luck with that regardless, and congrats of course. Hit me up if you ever need a programmer and can pay :)
what do ya do now?

Ronike

Smash Ace
Full time ***tty job is still at that same garden center. I get to sell the old people flowers and shrubs. Great fun :\

Unpaid internship is for a local mobile game company. I'm the lead programmer on my current project, which I can't talk too much about. I can tell you we use the Unity engine. But yeah, no one's getting paid yet because there is no revenue stream. Much more fun, and great group of guys if we ever get money.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
He called you bronar, the appropriate response was bronike. Not bromie.

:phone:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
But you don't really care for music, do you?

edit:
Unpaid internship is for a local mobile game company. I'm the lead programmer on my current project, which I can't talk too much about. I can tell you we use the Unity engine. But yeah, no one's getting paid yet because there is no revenue stream. Much more fun, and great group of guys if we ever get money.
first of all, **** unpaid interships, what mobile device do you dev for?

second thats mad cool that you're working on your own new thing. Is it just a project or do you plan to make a business behind it. And if you do would you be considered a cofounder. And if not would you have significant equity? And irregardless, what lang does unity use?

Ronike

Smash Ace
Unity supports builds for android and IOS.

A) I was reffering to the project for the company that I'm the lead programmer for. Its not really my own thing, but I do have significant say in it. Its a perk of being in a small and relatively new company. The downside obviously being the amount of money I'm getting at the moment.

B) Coincidentally, I do have a side project that I'm basically second on the totem pole for. We plan on making a business with the people on the project should things go well with it. Yes I would be considered a co-founder.

Unity supports javascript, c#, and boo script (which I've never used). I prefer c# when using it.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I need to work on learning C. Ive only used Java within Unity.

Btw ronike the license for mobile phone export was free a month ago, did you get it?

:phone:

Ronike

Smash Ace
Yup, I did indeed. I'd highly recommend switching over to c# for unity. Its really not that much harder, and its significantly more efficient.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
So Nintendo's gonna have the only great 2012 e3 conference while the rest was just bad or somewhat bad.

This is why I'm a Nintendo fan.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Ubi was pretty cool, aside from that esports thing with the women on it.

Top Bottom