• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Missed Sony unfortunately, can't wait for Nintendo.

Also, I'm going to it on Thursday, I can't wait to see the wii u :)

:phone:

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
C is a good basis to work with ;)
I mean kinda but not really

unless you plan to get into embedded systems or do some super low level programming than you shouldn't ever have to use that glorified assembly code.

unfortunately memomy management is not a completely solved problem, but its almost there so *** using C unless you have to. its srsly hell to do anything fun in that lang and id like to think for the most part we've evolved past havin to deal with that ****

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Mhm. Seeing as I have to start C++ sometime, I thought starting with C would be a good idea. Going straight into C++ sounds intimidating as ****

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Apparently they're showing more games later..but why the **** not at the conference?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I mean kinda but not really

unless you plan to get into embedded systems or do some super low level programming than you shouldn't ever have to use that glorified assembly code.

unfortunately memomy management is not a completely solved problem, but its almost there so *** using C unless you have to. its srsly hell to do anything fun in that lang and id like to think for the most part we've evolved past havin to deal with that ****
There's never going to be such a thing as perfect garbage collection. Micromanagement of memory is the only way to ensure optimal performance.

And besides, C is a tentpole for all the C variants. By learning it he's learning 50-60% each of four other common career languages.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
c++ is arguably worse than C lol (i'd rather use C)

And besides, C is a tentpole for all the C variants. By learning it he's learning 50-60% each of four other common career languages.
as well as a lot of unnecessary cruft you won't have to deal with in other languages. concurrency and socket programming is hell in C

don't get me wrong though, C is chill... but when it's necessary, in most scenarios you don't need optimal performance so using C tends to be a disservice to you

Ronike

Smash Ace
E3 has been weak this year... I expect this out of microsuck, and Sony was pretty much on par with what I was expecting (I.e: not much), but Nintendo? Come on, you guys should know better than to waste 15 mins on a game expansion that no one is gonna buy because they've all already beaten it (batman). Where was sakurai? /whining

But seriously, what were they thinking giving arkham city that much time?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
"We have Batman: Arkham City! IT'S THIRD PARTY SUPPORT! LOOK AT THE GRAPHICS ON THE WII U!"

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I was more annoyed by just dance 4 than Batman :/

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
E3:
I'm pretty hyped for dead space 3.
Medal of honor warfighter looked good too.

Nintendo:
Pikmin ****ing 3. I will be the first customer to buy the game.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Pikmin 3 is the only thing I got excited about for the Wii U. The only other thing that really impressed me was the potential third party stuff coming for the 3DS (and that was nominal at best) and Luigi's Mansion 2. NintendoLand looks like someone took Mario Party, removed the gameboard, and said "HERE JUST PLAY MINIGAMES FOR AN HOUR." Hurrdurrdurrhurr.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Though I am impressed with what the Wii U controller can do. Mixing in the DS touchpad and having it capable of motion controls hopefully without the reliance upon the mechanic is nice. It's creating a sense of immersion with a combination of technologies that Nintendo's used in the past and that should give Ninty a lot of new design ideas without them being aggressively irritating (half of the motion control play sans Wii Motion Plus) or simply redundant and boring (the other half of the motion control play sans the Wii Motion Plus).

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Also any prospective TWEWii U game would be a hell of a nightmare if they do that whole duel screens thing with the damn controller and the TV.

Ronike

Smash Ace
"We have Batman: Arkham City! IT'S THIRD PARTY SUPPORT! LOOK AT THE GRAPHICS ON THE WII U!"
I realize this was their aim, but they could have accomplished this much more successfully with a different game, one that wasn't already out. ACIII would have been a better pick in my opinion for the spotlight of third party games, as its something everyone won't have when the WiiU comes out.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
so guys. Funny thing.

I heard the Rogue indie role is essentally one of the most balanced roles out there. I mean, I have people that can back me up on this. :D

Ronike

Smash Ace
No. Rogue is dumb. People who back up Rogue are dumb. You are dumb.

Also hey Rockin, whats up?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
what kind of parents would name their kid that? its like they didn't want you to ever stand out

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
The most disappointing thing about Nintendo @ e3 was that there was absolutely no surprises or new AAA titles announced (Nintendo Land doesn't count). Everyone already knew about Pikmin/NSMB. I was expecting a Star Fox/F Zero title tbh. Hopefully they'll announce some new games for the 3ds tomorrow.

Top Bottom