• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
My friend's great grandmother just died recently, and she took it really hard.

Good luck, adumb.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Sorry to hear it adum.

Not trying to be insensitive, but unrelated: does anyone know what the biggest (as in, number of players) game we've had on SWF is? I'm currently designing a game, and it's pretty massive.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Welp, Lasers pretty much sucked.
Watch your tongue it did not suck. It was not as good as the cool but it still had some good tracks.

Sorry to hear it adum.

Not trying to be insensitive, but unrelated: does anyone know what the biggest (as in, number of players) game we've had on SWF is? I'm currently designing a game, and it's pretty massive.
Eor's Hellhouse Mafia 30 peeps.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
A few. It's a bit better the 2nd time around.

Words I never said, Show Goes On, & Never Forget you are all good, but have been out. State Run Radio is probably my favorite. Overall the CD is a little too common to me. It lacks the Lupe flavor. There are hardly any lyrical songs at all which is pretty much what makes Lupe, Lupe. Basically he really has dumbed it down, and there has just been so much hype for it.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I was expecting a Gotta Eat 2, that was probably one of the biggest let downs for me (loved that song). Laser just lacks a lot of the double meanings/depth that Lupe was known for. Songs like Gotta Eat, Put You On Game, Dumb It Down, Hello/Goodbye, The Die, Streets On Fire... you get the idea.

Till I get there is pretty awesome. Words I never said and Show Goes on are good, Out of my head is catchy... but the rest are kinda meh to me. Gotta listen to it more though =]

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sorry to hear it adum.

You mean by the amount of players? Early games aka before Tom started to host stuff had 20+ players typically and I think Human Body Mafia had the most out of them.

Edit: Just checked the archives: Eor's Hellhouse Mafia had no less than 30 players.

:059:

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Condolences Adumb, I lost my grandfather this summer while I was in Japan. It's rough man but hang in there.

As far as the largest game, I think the largest game that actually COMPLETED was the original SSB Mafia by Drab Emordnilap @ 26 players or something like that. Yeah MXC technically had 20 players but 4 died pregame so that doesn't really count.

Eor's Hellhouse def had the largest signup but it never finished, so I don't know if you want to use that for gauging how large of a game SWF can handle.

And yeah, All-stars is probably the largest "recent" game to finish.

Also officially declaring V/LA status until Sunday night. Spring break with 10 people in a condo on the beach in Florida is full of shenanigans. XD

M.K

Level 55
Anyone that has had a Statistics class, could you help me with this problem?

Does delaying oral practice hinder learning a foreign language? Researchers randomly assigned 23 beginning students of Spanish to begin speaking practice immediately and another 23 to delay speaking for 4 weeks. At the end of the semester both groups took a standard test of comprehension of spoken Spanish. Suppose that in the population of all beginning students, the test scores for early speaking vary according to the N(32,6) distribution and scores for delayed speaking have the N(29,5) distribution.

1. What is the sampling distribution of the mean score x(bar) in the early-speaking group in many repetitions of the experiment? What is the sampling distribution of mean score y(bar) in the delayed speaking group?

2. If the experiment were repeated many times, what would be the sampling distribution of the difference y(bar)-x(bar) between the mean scores in the two groups?

3. What is the probability that the experiment will find (misleadingly) that the mean score for delayed speaking is at least as large as that for the early-speaking group?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
@M-K:

Not sure if this is right, but maybe it would help.

For 1, wouldn't the distributions of xbar and ybar just be pretty much the same as the distributions of the population distributions since there would be many repitions of the experiment?

So like for xbar, just a normal curve with 32 in the center; 38, one std. dev to the right; 26, one std. dev to the left; 44, two std. dev to the right; 20, two to left; 50, three to the right; and 14, three to the left.

That would be my guess.

For 2, I would think you would just do it like a joint distribution of the populations means, again since the sample means should look like the population distributions in many trials.

So just 32-29= 3
and [The square root of (6^2 + 5^2)]= 7.8

So N(3, 7.8).

For 3 I would say that you would use the distribution from above, N(3, 7.8) (if that's right). And then calculate p for the statistic of 0. Zero because you are looking for p for if the delayed were at least the same as early, which means their difference would be 0 and under.

(0-3)/7.8 = Z-Score = -.38

p = .35 chance

---
Again, not sure if that biz is right, but that's how I'd go about it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Btw just wanted to post this here because it seems I get a bit of flak alot from it.

I actually never try to be on on wednesday besides checking things because I always have a friend over. So just for permanent unless otherwise stated.

V/LA every Wednesday unless specified otherwise.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
Defeated 3rd Gym

Caught Gheb (Sandile)
Caught Swiss (Darumaka)

Both are in team, boxed Rockin and Marshy.

Tough decisions.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Update for me:

I have:

Mentos2 (Tepig) Lv.16
Gova (Lillipup) Lv.12
Cello3 (Patrat) Lv.10

still training for the gym of course. :D

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Needs more BSL. Both of you.

I took an after school AP stats class, but I never payed attention. And then one time only one kid showed up for a "class" because there was a school thing and the teacher got all pissed and ragequit. She arbitrarily canceled meetings all the time. *****.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
YES!

After a grueling battle, I defeated the 4th gym leader without losing a Pokemon. Soooooo close.

Soldier2 is a monster and should not be allowed to live.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Nuh uh, Overswarm is awesome!

It's kind of funny getting to that point in life where you have a real job and a real paycheck and relatively few bills. I don't make a salary big enough to just go and buy a zillion houses and it's decent at best, but because of where I am in life right now I'm able to save up and basically get whatever I want.

But for some reason, at this point I buy less new video games and eat a lot of stuff like tuna and crackers rather than going out to eat or ordering awesome food. I don't know why.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Could i request a hydra for DKCR?

i hate having no access to the computer at leisurely hours and i'd prefer if i had someone i could e-mail or talk to about what i want to say and whatnot so i don't get constantly prodded for lurking and whatnot.

any takers?
:3

X1-12

Smash Champion
Nah Mods have the right to not allow hydra's to join. Meta-Kirby doesn't want any in DKR. If you don't have time to play it then just /out it.

Top Bottom