• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
updated read, overall impression/general responses. i just wanna see your hot takes on it considering iirc you have him at a flat null
Gotcha, I'll look into your case on him (and yeah, he's null at the moment). Admittedly had to skim quite a few cases in my catch-up, so I think I just skipped the spoiler'd stuff lol.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
also, quick question, was that reads list comprehensive up to your #1887, or was it up to a certain point? if it was, what point was that, and are you currently fully caught up?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
also, quick question, was that reads list comprehensive up to your #1887, or was it up to a certain point? if it was, what point was that, and are you currently fully caught up?
The reads list was comprehensive up to my #1887 (or as comprehensive as trying to digest 1886 posts in two nights can be), and I am not currently caught up (I was somewhat distracted during lunch due to other dudes in my apartment and trying to read Ran's case on Rockin, so I only got to FF's catch-up post). I've gone to a quiet place now, though, so I'll probably be back up to speed pretty quickly after reading your case on JTB.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Pythag First of all, your post is ugly as hell.

I intentionally worded my initial response to Lore in a way that might provoke him. I admit as much in my follow up post:

Of course I could just say that explicitly, but that doesn't answer my questions. Why you are asking me in the first place? You seem to have caught up on the thread in a surprisingly quick amount of time, and I feel as though your asking me this sort of question implies you have me at a town read. There is also the obvious question of why you are pursuing something if you yourself think it could be nothing.
This is a playerslot that has been inactive for the majority of the game, and one of the first things that they do is look to me for approval on a case against Mac, probably the most obvious town slot in the game. My first thought was "why is he inviting me to mercilessly dunk on him?" If I could say one thing about my meta on Werekill it's that he doesn't listen to other people and thinks that he's right all of the time. So from the start I was skeptical.

Of course, there is an element of truth to my 'having to read his posts', because I had not caught up at that point; but I could tell glance that he was arguing over a trivial detail and against an obvious town player. But I didn't think that saying simply "I'm busy right now" or you're wrong" or similar would help me understand why I was being asked in the first place.

#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary You're usually solid at calling out when someone is going down a pretty useless rabbit hole. Mind giving your thoughts on the above? It's just not adding up for me, and I'd appreciate a second perspective.

Jeez this really is an extended dunk on werekill eh

So why did I provoke Lore? Because

#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary You're usually solid at calling out when someone is going down a pretty useless rabbit hole. Mind giving your thoughts on the above? It's just not adding up for me, and I'd appreciate a second perspective.[/QUOTE]

Lore Lore seems like that would involve reading your posts.

Lore asks for a different perspective, maybe like a gut check from Kary, because Kary's good at those things.

Perhaps this question was going to be a way of him confirming a read on you.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
sweet mother mary of all thats holy, okay theres some combination of ctrl or shift and enter that just makes swf post your draft and frankly im over it at this point still waiting for the finished version feel free to join me in waiting ok thanks bye

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Also, the only problem that I have with my personal list at the moment is that Uto and Lore are both on the scum side of it, and I don't think their interaction is SvS. So if Lore goes toDay and is scum I'll probably believe that Uto is town, but I also think that a town!Lore could feasibly still tunnel a town!Uto (although if both of them are town, I'm REALLY off-track lol).

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
(And @HBC | Kary, it's Ctrl+Shift+Enter to post your draft; just tested it lol).

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
EBWOP it's 2019's most botched post, you asked for it, we delivered!

@Pythag I felt that your post wandered here and there and I didn't know which points to respond to exactly so I just tried to explain things from my point of view.

I intentionally worded my initial response to Lore in a way that might provoke him. I admit as much in my follow up post:

Of course I could just say that explicitly, but that doesn't answer my questions. Why you are asking me in the first place? You seem to have caught up on the thread in a surprisingly quick amount of time, and I feel as though your asking me this sort of question implies you have me at a town read. There is also the obvious question of why you are pursuing something if you yourself think it could be nothing.
This is a playerslot that has been inactive for the majority of the game, and one of the first things that they do is look to me for approval on a case against Mac, probably the most obvious town slot in the game. My first thought was "why is he inviting me to mercilessly dunk on him?" If I could say one thing about my meta on Werekill it's that he doesn't listen to other people and thinks that he's right all of the time. So from the start I was skeptical.

I felt that if I was short with Werekill I would get a better explanation for why I was being asked this in the first place. I thought that if I said something to Lore that could be interpreted several ways, then I would get some insight into how they were trying to interpret posts. There's an element of truth to my not being completely caught up, but the reason I stressed that in my follow-up post was mainly to try and clear the air.

Of course, the reaction I got was completely ridiculous, and frankly I thought it was fake. You already know that I am a miserable ***** to people, so you should temper your expectations when you're going to ask me something. You should not be surprised.

To be blunt, I intended my asking of your opinion to be an olive branch from last game, where I literally wanted your slot modkilled for the rules violation from (I'm assuming) your other head. We've also butted heads in other games too, iirc, and I wanted to show that I'd like to cooperate and work together.
To continue, if you wanted to reconcile, asking me to evaluate your read seems like a really backwards way of doing it. To still be mad at me, for something that I had nothing to do with in a previous game, seems like an overreaction.

Perhaps this question was going to be a way of him confirming a read on you.
If Lore genuinely asked me this to try and get a better read on me, then are they lying about it being an olive branch?

Maybe it can be both. But if his intention was to try and improve a read on me, this is not a difficult thing for me to answer and I imagine that my answer is going to be null overall. I can't imagine myself being forced to take hard stances or to be tripped up at all. Lore is basically saying "is this bad" and the answer is "yes".

To conclude this rambling mess of a post, I think you are giving Lore the benefit of the doubt as to why he was asking me something in the first place.
And I don't think I am the one that is acting weird in this particular episode.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
#HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf A lot of your case against JTB early on seemed to be hingant upon scum!FF which, while not improbable, isn't safe to assume at this point in time. I agree that his position on the Maven wagon looked town-esque (I think I might've mentioned that in the pre-long read list where I thought he was confirmed mafia :p), but I also see the point that his vote on Marshy wasn't necessarily well-founded. There were a number of other players that were playing similarly if I remember correctly (active but not necessarily showing their hands), but I also can't see scum!JTB's motivation for going after Marshy specifically (especially since I don't think anyone but Marshy knew he was a PR yet).

The tonal issues don't seem to be directed at anyone in particular (he just seems to have the same tone while interacting with the general populous), so I wouldn't use that against him unless meta strongly dictated otherwise (and I have no experience with him). Some of his D2 content has been lacking due to him falling behind (which I'd think is understandable with engagement stuff), but he's been trying to ask at least good questions today. He's definitely not my favorite slot, but I still haven't seen any red flags strong enough for me to actively go after him toDay. I'd say he's null-ish still, with the caveat that I'll look into him harder if FF flips scum.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Why did your read change on Ryker from Day 1 to Day 2?
It changed during Day 1. These are the main posts that influenced my read:

I have no idea what Tom's alignment is.
Ryker posted a whole lot of hot air about Tom, and this was the conclusion. My opinion was that if he was this comfortable in posting a completely useless bunch of nothing, he's probably town.

@#HBC | FrozeηFlame all the way back at post #267 you were voting JeXs for being so willing to follow. He's currently sitting on the same wagon with you and, iirc, you still don't like him. Has that read changed with him coming around to your position?
No, you were stirring the **** with that Ran/Tom TvS nonsense. It came up and you gave it support. I want to know why. You "couldn't put your finger on it" and now I'm asking you to nail it down and tell me how it has developed since.
In these two posts Ryker asked specific questions of frozen, in a way that I could tell Ryker had been keeping an eye on him. This in combination from his voting frozen made me think he genuinely wanted to get more information out of frozen. I feel like scum Ryker would probably just shoot frozen and not worry as much about keeping an eye on him.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I think that Lore v. Kary seems to be more of a catfight than anything else... I don't really like Lore's slot (due to reasons stated in my long read list), but Kary seems to be more out for blood than out for the truth in her interactions with Lore (#1900 & #1907 for example). I'd think that scum!Kary would keep her head better, but I haven't played with Kary in a while and don't know how temperaments (or my perception of her temperament) may have changed. Either way, I think a Lore flip wouldn't give us much useful info on Kary (and vice versa).

With all of that said, I really like Lore's re-read on FF (although I'd have to go back and re-read to make sure Lore's not cherrypicking stuff to make FF look bad). It was a fairly condensed reading that gave me a good impression of where her head's at concerning that slot.

#HBC | Gorf

A lot of your case against JTB early on seemed to be hingant upon scum!FF
what tells you this? like, can you pull a good amount directly for me to clarify because tbh none of my analysis hinges on a scum!ff flip, rather at that point my thought was a scum!jtb flip made me wanna look toward ff.

(and if it wasnt obvious before, you really need to read this case with the quotes from jtb included, so follow the link in the quote to the original post if you didnt do that before. maybe you were reading it in isolation and got confused by how it was organized since swf doesnt quote quotes in quotes)

The tonal issues don't seem to be directed at anyone in particular (he just seems to have the same tone while interacting with the general populous), so I wouldn't use that against him unless meta strongly dictated otherwise (and I have no experience with him).
if youre referring to how a lot of his play became about lambasting players and misrepresenting what they were doing, i wouldnt call that a "tonal issue." a player like kary is more consistently snide in tone but is doing more in the way of scumhunting and being interactive with others, and not twisting the perception of what they are doing in much of the same way that marshy and i noted jtb was doing.

finally, your wording when you say youll look into jtb harder if ff flips scum implies you see a sort of connection there, but youre more interested in ff dying first than jtb. if im wrong correct me, but if im right, can you explain further what sorts of connections you see between them (can be from what i pointed out or what youve seen independently), and specifically what you make of their play concerning eachother that took place toDay (if you click on the link in my quote about jtb's eoD1 and D2, you can get a better picture of how theyve interacted).

after all of that, i want you to elaborate in more detail on how the poyzin tracker gambit debacle led you to the conclusion that poyzin is a scumlean. you had him null before that and then the gambit made him a scumlean, and i cant really follow why from your explanation

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary , I'm curious about your current read on JTB (sorry if you answer this in the last couple pages)
I don't have a current read. I'll put it on my to-do list. I have the same gut-town read from #1200, which is becoming increasingly hard to justify as JTB does a whole lot of nothing.

Since I've seen Tom Tom confused about this as well, I really don't give a **** which pronouns you use.
no. I guess i'm pretty girly for a guy, though.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Just got back from the event, going to bed soon but will reply to Kary in a short way. I'll reply to others in the morning.

The "olive branch" wasn't because I was mad at you, to be clear. I was worried that you yourself had at least some hard feelings about how I wanted your slot handled in F&L, so I wanted to show that I wanted to work together and in good faith. I have zero hard feelings towards you or Utopian.

My reaction to your post was absolutely uncalled for and too harsh, and I apologize again. I'm not a fan of you having intentionally done the riling, but that doesn't make my response appropriate.

As a side note and unrelated to specifics or game content, I do feel like you overdo the harshness a bit man. I mean zero offense here. It's just kinda rough to handle at some moments, and it genuinely makes games less enjoyable, at least on my end.

It's up to you if you want to cut back on it or not, and I won't hold it against you if you decide not to cut back. It's just how I feel, and I believe it needed to be said.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
what tells you this? like, can you pull a good amount directly for me to clarify because tbh none of my analysis hinges on a scum!ff flip, rather at that point my thought was a scum!jtb flip made me wanna look toward ff.
I guess hingant was a poor choice of wording. It seemed like early in your case (referring to your references to page 12-13 spoiler'd), the only bad things you had to note about him were based upon scum!FF:
page 12

its interesting to me that ff is pinning jtb on this list of who can be plays in spite of the fact that ff has yet to mention jtb at all. there was some murmurings of jtb suspicions at best, but not much. and this sort of shoehorned read doesnt really fit in with how ff established his personality. nabe, maven, and rockin are simple to chalk up as policy, and jex, gorf and kary had some sort of substantiation for their inclusion. but not jtb. i feel like on a scum!jtb flip this might be worth looking into if this pattern is consistent from ff. unless this stance sees development later on. but that's neither here nor there without a flip.

page 13

If we'd rather just replace maven instead of doing the inactive wagon dance Im fine with swapping to anyone on my "can die" list
this is actually a pretty glaring representation of marshys aforementioned characterization of jtb's play. hes not looking to weigh both sides, to develop a read, hes pretty much determined a solution and frames it negatively. but even then, the read is weak (he even pretty much admits it) and not very emphasized. if they are scummates, i can definitely see this as a soft distancing from ff.
You didn't really have much negative content to go on until page 19, and like I said, I don't really see a super solid motivation for town!JTB or scum!JTB to push Marshy so hard out of the blue (which still confuses the heck outta me). I feel like scum!JTB would have even less motivation than town!JTB because it'd be putting the spotlight unnecessarily on him (which would quickly turn sour if he started the wagon and lynched a townsperson who did seemingly nothing wrong aside from conforming to his normal playstyle).

if youre referring to how a lot of his play became about lambasting players and misrepresenting what they were doing, i wouldnt call that a "tonal issue." a player like kary is more consistently snide in tone but is doing more in the way of scumhunting and being interactive with others, and not twisting the perception of what they are doing in much of the same way that marshy and i noted jtb was doing.

finally, your wording when you say youll look into jtb harder if ff flips scum implies you see a sort of connection there, but youre more interested in ff dying first than jtb. if im wrong correct me, but if im right, can you explain further what sorts of connections you see between them (can be from what i pointed out or what youve seen independently), and specifically what you make of their play concerning eachother that took place toDay (if you click on the link in my quote about jtb's eoD1 and D2, you can get a better picture of how theyve interacted).
I guess I didn't look hard enough to notice him actively misrepresenting peoples' positions (unless you meant the IC comment, which I've only been in one rookie game (which the IC carried town to victory in, so I have no clue what that comment was supposed to imply)). Sorry if I missed it in my reading, but could you give me a more specific section to look into for his misrepresentation of people? Most of the connections between JTB and FF was the stuff that I already quoted from you above, which I thought were valid arguments. And yeah, I said if FF flips scum because I honestly believe that I've seen more suspicious behavior from FF than from JTB.
after all of that, i want you to elaborate in more detail on how the poyzin tracker gambit debacle led you to the conclusion that poyzin is a scumlean. you had him null before that and then the gambit made him a scumlean, and i cant really follow why from your explanation
I explained it here:
I think it’s absurd from a town!Uto PoV to take the 1/3 chance of having a TvT CC in order to gambit a slot that seems town-ish, whereas a scum!Uto jailer that already knows all PRs in the game can safely make that claim. I get that gambits are a thing, but the risk and reward in this instace seems completely out of wack from a townie perspective. If anyone else in the game did this I’d be out for blood, but I’m willing to chalk at least part of it up to still learning the game.
But basically, I think that it's absurd for any townsperson to take a gambit like that. I was willing to partially overlook it as a rookie mistake, but part of me feels like it's just a move that a new scum decided to make, then got cold feet and backed out. Only scum and JOAT (if we have one) could possibly know the setup at this point in time, so unless Uto's the JOAT (which he already claimed he isn't), it wouldn't make an ounce of sense to risk a TvT CC. Does that make sense, or do you want me to try and figure out how to explain it from another angle?

#HBC | Gorf

You didn't really have much negative content to go on until page 19, and like I said, I don't really see a super solid motivation for town!JTB or scum!JTB to push Marshy so hard out of the blue (which still confuses the heck outta me). I feel like scum!JTB would have even less motivation than town!JTB because it'd be putting the spotlight unnecessarily on him (which would quickly turn sour if he started the wagon and lynched a townsperson who did seemingly nothing wrong aside from conforming to his normal playstyle).
thats fair. my jtb post stood less as a case and more as a full analysis of play because, at the time, he had a wagon form on him and i had next to no opinion on him and couldnt understand why people were voting him. so some of the early game stuff was just noticing i didnt have much to hate, and the ff portion had a lot to do with noticing that ff had rationale and meat to most of his reads at the time aside from jtb. and it was just a note at how his interaction with jtb was in contrast with how he played with everyone else.

I guess I didn't look hard enough to notice him actively misrepresenting peoples' positions (unless you meant the IC comment, which I've only been in one rookie game (which the IC carried town to victory in, so I have no clue what that comment was supposed to imply)). Sorry if I missed it in my reading, but could you give me a more specific section to look into for his misrepresentation of people? Most of the connections between JTB and FF was the stuff that I already quoted from you above, which I thought were valid arguments. And yeah, I said if FF flips scum because I honestly believe that I've seen more suspicious behavior from FF than from JTB.
few examples for brevity's sakefrom what i scanned from my post (with pg numbers so you can refer to the specific section in my post) of the misrepresenting people:

jtb pg 5 said:
TL;DR I would like to read your scum game so I can meta you as scum in this one
jtb pg 13 said:
what meta are you referring to in which you are able to read him as scum with only 6 words posted?
jtb pg 19 said:
Marshy has been playing very much like a IC (or whatever that term was for newbie games) and he's very active, but i have NO idea what any of his strong reads are outside of hella buddying up to Ryker the past few days. His swap onto Maven was weird as it was all inactivity meta and appears more like trying to get on Rykers good side. so far, the only thing i've gleaned from his play is that he's wanting to make town reads instead of scum
the ic comment is meant to label marshy as someone whos treating the game like hes helping guide us along to play well, and to bastardize marshys play like that at that point is a super mischaracterization.

But basically, I think that it's absurd for any townsperson to take a gambit like that. I was willing to partially overlook it as a rookie mistake, but part of me feels like it's just a move that a new scum decided to make, then got cold feet and backed out. Only scum and JOAT (if we have one) could possibly know the setup at this point in time, so unless Uto's the JOAT (which he already claimed he isn't), it wouldn't make an ounce of sense to risk a TvT CC. Does that make sense, or do you want me to try and figure out how to explain it from another angle?
nah i get where youre coming from, but if youre gonna use the angle of "it doesnt make sense," i can imagine that someone thinks it makes sense to try to get a read on a player hes uncertain of (when poyzin said early D1 he has a tough time developing his own reads) by pulling a gambit to see how theyd react. what i cant see is him doing that as an orchestrated act approved by his scummates. and i dont think hed have the balls to just do that on his own without it coming off super stilted. and it really didnt. its almost too dumb to be scum to me.

#HBC | Gorf

Aside from me, who are all the slots who are running / were running low output? (In the normal sense, not so much in the 52-page sense.)
mavenslot till lore showed up
spak until like now cuz he just replaced in at Day start
jtb
frozenish (but hes promising more consistent content by friday)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
nah i get where youre coming from, but if youre gonna use the angle of "it doesnt make sense," i can imagine that someone thinks it makes sense to try to get a read on a player hes uncertain of (when poyzin said early D1 he has a tough time developing his own reads) by pulling a gambit to see how theyd react. what i cant see is him doing that as an orchestrated act approved by his scummates. and i dont think hed have the balls to just do that on his own without it coming off super stilted. and it really didnt. its almost too dumb to be scum to me.
In addition, it is a pretty good explanation to the nagging why of "why did he not just claim the bingo if he had the bingo?"

Instead he ***** footed around and asked me where I went as if it made a difference if I was tracked to a body.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
few examples for brevity's sakefrom what i scanned from my post (with pg numbers so you can refer to the specific section in my post) of the misrepresenting people:
I feel like those first two posts are more jokey or sarcastic than misrepresentation... The first one was solidly in RVS, and the second one was pointing out that Ran probably didn't have enough content to have that solid of a read on Maven at that point in time.
the ic comment is meant to label marshy as someone whos treating the game like hes helping guide us along to play well, and to bastardize marshys play like that at that point is a super mischaracterization.
Gotcha. The only thing that I think could come off as IC-esque was his #100, but beyond that I'd agree that it's a mischaracterization.
I mean, that's fair. I'm just not putting it in the bin of too dumb to be scum because it's a newer player, and they might've not thought about the Ryker's plan in their panic post-Doop death. With that said I can also see an argument that scum would be less likely to gambit after having their buddy killed D1, but I still think that move makes more sense (as little as it may be) from a panicked scumteam than a slightly overconfident townie.

#HBC | Gorf

I feel like those first two posts are more jokey or sarcastic than misrepresentation... The first one was solidly in RVS, and the second one was pointing out that Ran probably didn't have enough content to have that solid of a read on Maven at that point in time.
the first one was definitely not in rvs or jokey (iirc he goes on to defend himself later on this). the second one, fair enough. i take some stock in the fact that he didnt mention that rans case was founded on meta, but it can be implied so i dont mind dropping that part.

I mean, that's fair. I'm just not putting it in the bin of too dumb to be scum because it's a newer player, and they might've not thought about the Ryker's plan in their panic post-Doop death. With that said I can also see an argument that scum would be less likely to gambit after having their buddy killed D1, but I still think that move makes more sense (as little as it may be) from a panicked scumteam than a slightly overconfident townie.
hes not pretending to be overconfident though. he said he feigned confidence because he didnt know how else to get a solid read on ryker. plus

In addition, it is a pretty good explanation to the nagging why of "why did he not just claim the bingo if he had the bingo?"

Instead he ***** footed around and asked me where I went as if it made a difference if I was tracked to a body.
this is indicative of him trying to get a read instead of being scum trying to gambit a bingo. if he was scum and wanted to set up multiple avenues, hed claim a bingo and then like drop it. i cant make any sense of scum handling that scenario how he did, whereas i can make some sense of a townie doing it.

it is MUCH too brash of a move for scum to do imo, and especially with 36 hours in the Night phase talking about Night actions, i dont see a world where he wouldnt have bounced that idea off of his scummates. and when he did, they would have called it completely horrible and told him not to do it, and hed listen. because its just way too asinine for scum to do.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
So Gorf, I managed to re-read that case you had about lore D1, and read a few posts in regards to him. I can see the logic in it all.

Unvote
Vote: Lore

After reading up on Spak, the scumlean I had on that slot/Jex is evaporating. I'm still a bit wary of the slot (mainly because of the actions done by Jex), but I will say that I don't think they're the play today (if there was even a thought about them)

Macman - D1 was more of me disagreeing with the logic Ranmaru had about his beliefs/cases on Tom/others and how he approached the wagon/who he felt was scum, which felt contradictory in my eyes. Upon the inital AtE, I just went with gut instincts and felt it was a townlean. D2, the attitude on Ranmaru shifted. The words seem more aggessive, and seeing the response after my thoughts of Ranmaru on his D2 play thus far, I felt I got a better idea of the playstyle he's using in game, and thus it changed my prospective on Ranmaru from townlean to scumlean. Looking back at the AtE he made, as well as Doop (voting on himself near deadline, flips scum) and UP (going for a very risky gambit, gets negative response from others, wanted to /out of the game) somewhat sours the credibility on whether Ranmaru is scum or town. This is not to say that the AtE he did wasn't genuine, cause I'm sure it is (we all get frustrated, even some of the best of us). However, if I were to take the AtE from Ranmaru, I can't think of any town worthy thing he did D1 and D2. At the same time, I can't think of anything that gave off scum vibes in his D1 play.

I hope that answered your question.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Hey guys, just giving you the heads up that I'm replacing out. Wedding planning/Uber driving has been busy all day, then being at SGDQ next week also means I can't commit as much as I wanted, so I'll do right by you all and hopefully my replacement can do better :ness:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
this is indicative of him trying to get a read instead of being scum trying to gambit a bingo. if he was scum and wanted to set up multiple avenues, hed claim a bingo and then like drop it. i cant make any sense of scum handling that scenario how he did, whereas i can make some sense of a townie doing it.

it is MUCH too brash of a move for scum to do imo, and especially with 36 hours in the Night phase talking about Night actions, i dont see a world where he wouldnt have bounced that idea off of his scummates. and when he did, they would have called it completely horrible and told him not to do it, and hed listen. because its just way too asinine for scum to do.
OK, now that I look at the roster, I trust in the skill level of the players in this game enough that there's not a possible scumteam that wouldn't tell him that was a horrible idea (unless they decided that could be an excuse and expected this to be the outcome, but that's a bold assumption and I won't WIFOM all over the place lol). I'm starting to agree that Uto's claim (as idiotic as it is) was probably not a scum!Uto move.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Hey guys, just giving you the heads up that I'm replacing out. Wedding planning/Uber driving has been busy all day, then being at SGDQ next week also means I can't commit as much as I wanted, so I'll do right by you all and hopefully my replacement can do better :ness:
Good luck with all of the busyness in the upcoming weeks!

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count 10:29 PM 6/19 Edition

Lore (6): Gorf, Ryker, Kary, Spak, Ranmaru, Rockin
Rockin (3): , Lore, Pythag, Tom,
JTB(1): Mac
Frozen Flame(1): JTB

Not Voting(3): , Nabe, FrozenFlame, Utopian Poyzin

With 14 alive, it takes 8 for majority.

We're in the process of finding a replacement for JTB.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Dunno if we have enough players left in the game to reach majority though. Ahhhhh DGames, it's good to be back.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Good morning. I notice that Rockin has not taken the time to respond to my posts. It feels like he is trying to hold his scum read without actually considering my explanation. Note that he says he doesn't find my D1 response to him important, but why would he not respond here? His reasoning for his scum lean on me does not hold up. This is in addition to him staying on JTB while the Doop wagon grew.

Seeing Kary's response, I am starting to feel I am over thinking things. I find his responses fair. Except for the quip towards Lore. I still it does not make sense for him to answer after it, but otherwise I have no other concerns with him.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I support both Lore and Rockin wagons, but I am hopping back.

Unvote; Vote: Rockin

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Unfortunately not a great day at work, will reply when I can.

Quick note is that I read Ran even stronger as town now. His slide over to supporting the wagon on me felt a bit weird, but I don't believe scum would hop off a wagon at L-2.

He still supports the wagon which is fine, I read him as town whether he votes for me or not at this point.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Also if I'm going to be the play today, I'd like to request that I get lynched either tonight or tomorrow. I will not be self-voting due to my personal belief that Rockin is still scum and the play for today. However, if I'm at L-1 tomorrow at noonish, I will self-hammer.

I am town, Vanilla Townie to be exact. However, I accept that multiple people do not believe that and see me as the play for today. It's impossible for my wagon to literally be all scum.

In that case, extending out the Day gives scum more time to set up mislynches or false cases, since they can make a case and push while safely being able to fall back on me right before deadline. Right now any questioning of me is unproductive since I'm literally just repeating myself at this point, and any wagon besides mine (and Rockin's) bears no weight since Ryker and others are so clearly latched onto mine.

To summarize, delaying my lynch is bad town play imo and just gives scum more time to mess around. I'd like to live, but at this point we need flips. The delay is leading to us discussing in circles.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Also the fact that #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe is being allowed to coast this hard is absolutely infuriating, especially when all other fallen-behind players have made at least some effort or replaced out.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu I'd like to request either a replacement or some kind of penalty on Nabe, dude is doing the literal minimum to avoid prods. He isn't playing the game.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Small note, my "infuriating" comment is not aimed at RR or the game mods. It's aimed at the fact that Nabe has gone this long and been this inactive, especially with zero heat tossed at him for it.

Hell JTB got way more heat for coasting.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I deny that. If you are town, you should be doing your best to lynch scum. There is support for a Rockin wagon, why let yourself die when there is a chance he may be lynched? Rushing it won't do any good since we have slots that need to catch up, and a replacement for JTB.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also never self hammer as town. Force scum to have to commit to a lynch. If you are lynched, people will look back at your wagon but have one less piece of info to find scum, because it would be a vote from a dead slot.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also we need Tom to respond to Mac as well. I do not want to end the day yet.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I deny that. If you are town, you should be doing your best to lynch scum. There is support for a Rockin wagon, why let yourself die when there is a chance he may be lynched? Rushing it won't do any good since we have slots that need to catch up, and a replacement for JTB.
I think you may have misunderstood my point. I want Rockin lynched instead of me, as I have Rockin as a full scum read.

What I'm saying is that I feel like dragging out my lynch, if I'm to be the play, will have a long-term negative impact compared to me dying earlier. Town will get my town flip, shrink their lynch candidate pool, and deny scum the chance to lay the groundwork early for further mislynches.

If you disagree that's cool, and I also see your points. I just worry that me being alive for 2-3 extra irl days would lead to a negative effect on town overall.

I'll also be blunt and say that this is not AtE, I'm arguing from game theory only. I'm not giving up on Town winning, I just suspect that my dying would help town more than dragging it out if I'm going to be the play.

Also never self hammer as town. Force scum to have to commit to a lynch. If you are lynched, people will look back at your wagon but have one less piece of info to find scum, because it would be a vote from a dead slot.
This is fair, and I won't self-hammer in that case.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
#HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac Join me on Rockin, now that JTB replaced out.
him replacing out doesn't change how gross the slot is

Also we need Tom to respond to Mac as well. I do not want to end the day yet.
honestly I don't think a response from Tom matters much, but it'd def be good to get his thoughts on other happenings

Also the fact that #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe is being allowed to coast this hard is absolutely infuriating, especially when all other fallen-behind players have made at least some effort or replaced out.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu I'd like to request either a replacement or some kind of penalty on Nabe, dude is doing the literal minimum to avoid prods. He isn't playing the game.
i mean, there are a plethora of reasons why ppl think JTB is scummy so him getting more pushback on his inactivity makes sense

but i do generally agree with the sentiment here, id be pretty down for a Nabe lynch

kinda sucks that this game is riddled with inactives / replacements. guess that's just standard Dgames though.

also sucks that despite the above, the thread is super active because a few slots just keep posting (Ryker and Ranmaru, i dont think yall should interact for the rest of the game). which makes it harder for the less active slots to keep current. there's so much content in thread but some players have very few contributions to look at... which shouldn't fly

odd to see only 1 person on the JTB wagon despite it seeming like people are finally starting to lean his way

but uh... imma go with this for now

vote: Nabe

what do yall think about a Nabe inactivity lynch?

Top Bottom