• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

The Director

Smash Lord
Mario's and Samus's Final Smashes are just suped-up versions of their B attacks. I'm no hardcore Diddy fan and I don't see what the big deal is. At least his FS is better than DK's (which doesn't make sense).
DK's makes a lot of sense...aside from all the bongo games, DK's special attack in DK64 was the bongos too.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Mario's and Samus's Final Smashes are just suped-up versions of their B attacks. I'm no hardcore Diddy fan and I don't see what the big deal is. At least his FS is better than DK's (which doesn't make sense).
Mario and Samus at least look cool and don't heal your enemies! Also DK's did make sense, Nintendo is trying to make him look like a bongo playing dumb *** so we all saw it coming sadly.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Mario and Samus at least look cool and don't heal your enemies! Also DK's did make sense, Nintendo is trying to make him look like a bongo playing dumb *** so we all saw it coming sadly.
Again, must I point out there's a good chance the Bongos came from DK 64?

Sinn

Smash Lord
Possible, but the design for the bongos looks exactly like the Konga version. It even has the little start button nub in the front.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Oh my god.
I just realized what you guys are really about.

Kiddy dong!

You people make me sic!

i must be stopped

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Again, must I point out there's a good chance the Bongos came from DK 64?
Look at the bongos they aren't the ones from DK64 they're the ones from Konga.

dude if u dont want people to eat peanuts dont hit them if u cant hit them u suck also 3% is alot man
Doesn't matter, it's the principal of the matter. Sakurai made Diddy's final smash worse than everyone else's FS.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
dude i thikn samus's is way worse. sure its a whole new character but if u die do u stay as Zamus...

Im a hudge fan of all diddys moves so far there fing awsome explosions gallor.
WHOS WITH ME!!

Fizlzo

Smash Cadet
Re:Diddy Kong would be OK. But he would probably be a clone of DK, and Nintendo needs

Diddy Kong would be OK. But he would probably be a clone of DK, and Nintendo needs to get away from the clone stuff. lol
NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Kentalish

Smash Lord
I don't know what everyones complainging about Diddys FS its the best one... so what if its 2 specials in 1... Samuses and Marios are just buffed up... and dont give me that peanut garbage about healing your know food only heals like 3-5 % so why does it matter... if u cant hit anyone with a FS they deserve to be able to have the peanut.

who els likes Diddys FS

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I love your sig, Kentalicious. Diddy Kong looks like some little kid that's snorted one too many packs of Pixie sticks and is about bust some caps into people---with a pellet gun.

Lol.

And I'm hoping for a cartwheel forward B, too. It better not be a dash attack or I'll be sad.

Smooth Criminal

The Director

Smash Lord
You know there's going to be a tier list for Brawl...and to be completely honest, I see Diddy being somewhere toward the bottom...

No matter. I love the character, so I'm going to stick with him even if he's a bottom tier.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
well i dont listen to those tier things actually i just heard about them last month.. i dont care what tier he is ill still own you.... and its not nintendo making this game its Sora

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I think Diddy will be one of the best characters in the game. He's not slow and doesn't lack finishers (which is what the media scene of smash base their tier list on) and he's going to be mobile with a variety of abilities (which is what the underground scene of smash base their tier list on). He has a decent projectile, he's not light, he's scambly which will probably be good for mindgames and he's aireal.

Diddy can't be bottom, that isn't even possible really.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
And I'm hoping for a cartwheel forward B, too. It better not be a dash attack or I'll be sad.

Smooth Criminal
well, don't you think the Chimpy Charge would be better suited for his forward B? i mean it fits the criteria that most forward B moves have. and as far as i have played, Diddy seems to only use his cartwheel when he's attacking AFTER he's running, so it fits

I despise his FS
i'm with you there. i still think his FS should of been his guitar. i mean yes, the move is a homage to DK64, but the guitar was easily more powerful and was meant to knock out large groups of enemies, just like DK's bongos

I too see Nintendo making him bottom tier only because they like to **** up the Donkey Kong series (as proven by Jungle Beat and Donkey Konga)
dude, you gotta stop putting Nintendo down on this subject. i mean you gotta remember that Rare and Nintendo are two different companies that are set in two different countries. Nintendo is Japanese. Rare is British. they're going to have different ideas when it comes to games.

nevertheless, even if diddy is low tier or high tier, i'll still use him cause i love the little simian bas****

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, Diddy can do the cartwheel while he's standing still aswell - it's just a lot shorter when he does. It could easly be his Forward B, but the Chimpy Charge would fit in nice aswell.

However, the Chimpy Charge could also be Diddy's Down B which'd be more original than the Simian Slam imo (even though I created the moveset :p). The Guitar could also be the Down B move, so we'd still have it in the game.

But I think we're getting the cartwheel as Diddy's dash attack.

As for Diddy's tier placement, I don't think we can discuss this at the moment cause we haven't seen enough. We don't know the knockback of the moves, the amount of damage the moves give, lag, speed... ect. That's what makes a character good and it goes for every character we've seen so far. But the way I see Diddy is as a character who'd be similar to Young Link and Pikachu in Melee, except with a bit more strenght in his moves which'd make him quite the balanced character. Anyways, whatever tier Diddy's gonna be in - I'll still main him whatever it takes. Same goes for my good ol' Donkey Kong aswell.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
his down b could be 3 moves actualluy orange nades chimpy charge the slam move and guitar... ok 4.... but what could guitar do as a down b i only could see it same as jiggs down b if your really close GG... as for carwheel as a dash attack would make me sad i barley see people use dash attacks... plus i donw want all his b moves to be chargable i meen that would be really gay like really really gay.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I deffinatly think we're seeing the Chimpy Charge in this game, since Sakurai is drawing so much for Diddy from DK64 -which pleases me btw- that it's almost impossible for him to not imply this move. I'm guessing Down B for this move, but that could also indeed be the Orange Grenate which I'm not extremly against but I'd rather not have people think of Diddy as "that irritating monkey who throws and shoots with exploding fruits" but having 2 different projectiles would make Diddy statistically a bit better competive so...

There's a lot of options for Diddy's B moves, but I'm more curious about his regular moves, smashes and aerials since that's mostly what the game's about. And how does Diddy move? How fast will be be? How exactly will his recovery work? And will his recovery not be the worst in the game? How heavy will Diddy be, how fast will he fall... Just thinking about these things really makes me hate the French, German, Spanish and Italian cause it's their fault for the PAL regions getting our games so late. >_<;

Kentalish

Smash Lord
We already know diddy scrambles on the ground and had whimsical fighting moves. but your right... i dont thing we need all of his move to explode so that should take the nades out of the picture.

Top Bottom