• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
ohh **** i forgot to add all these peoples firends codes... since u posted it reminded me colbusman. u did good on show me your news.. on topic.

Diddy would u like us to tell u his moves or just his stats or nething at all?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm sure I'll be spoiled enough already in here, so I don't exactly will need you guys to tell me Diddy's stats and moves. :p When the Brawl Character Specific Boards open, there ARE gonna be threads like "omg Diddy's nair is rapeage" "ewww Diddy's d tilt is HORRIBLE" "omfg diddy sux!21111112" "Diddy > all" and stuff like that. Actually, it wouldn't be all bad for me since then I'd exactly know what moves to use for Diddy and which not but I'd rather find out stuff alone so I'd still be playing Diddy... ALOT.

Ohh and please call me DDK now cuz god**** my username is unoriginal now. =P

NukeA6

Smash Master
Many people think the Cartwheel will be a Side B move. I think it will be a dash attack.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
Diddys down special and forward special

I was reading the ign hands on... diddys down b is apparently a banana and forward b he jumps on his opponent.

Neutral is, for example, Diddy's peanut gun. Directional pad left or right and 2 button will send Diddy jumping onto enemies, at which point he will grab and pummel their faces. If you press D-Pad up and 2 button, he'll rocket upward, slamming into anybody in his path. Meanwhile, D-Pad down will make Diddy drop banana peels

link
http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826602p2.html read and u will find

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I hate the banana move but I love the idea of jumping onto Sonic's face and pummeling him and the FS looks allright in vid form! I love it now :) Just like dids :)

Ukn0wn1

Smash Cadet
Funny, I had always predicted that diddy would use bananas/ banana peels as his Down+B special.

...And this was while I was still playing ssb 64 when it first came out, thinking up ideas for new characters.

What a coincidence...

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I don't like the idea of using banana peels it makes him look like some sort of stupid monkey however if there is something like 1/100 chance that he pulls out Xananab as one of the bananas all is forgiven :)

Ukn0wn1

Smash Cadet
Well I think it is an awesome move, and perfect for diddy.

Think of it like Link's bombs or Peach's turnips, and how useful those moves are to those characters!

Ukn0wn1

Smash Cadet
It looked like diddy just picked up the banana he dropped, idk if he ate it or just held it or threw it.

I was hoping someone would step on it though :(

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Well I think it is an awesome move, and perfect for diddy.
Perfect for Diddy? Bananas never have that role in the DKC games, EVER. They are collectable item, like Mario's coins. Unless Mario throwing coins suits him perfectly I fail to see how Diddy throwing Bananas is perfect for him.
Think of it like Link's bombs or Peach's turnips, and how useful those moves are to those characters!
But Bombs have always been a weapon for Link and Peach actually used Turnips as a weapon in SMB2, Diddy or any of the kongs have never used bananas as a weapon, it doesn't make sense.

Ukn0wn1

Smash Cadet
my bad, I got owned by both diddy's

anyways, I'm a huge fan of the DKC games (DKC 2 is my favorite game of all time) so I'm aware that banana's are used as collectibles rather than weapons.

But, that doesn't change the fact that they are great weapons am I right? hehe

But being a great special like turnips or bombs, why would you want anything otherwise?

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
They ruined Diddy's voice. I knew this would happen. For Diddy's voice they just used cliche monkey sound pack 1. He doesn't even have a voice actor. Any Diddy fan should be angered by this. Diddy had an awesome voice from DK64 that was replicated well in Mario Kart Double dash and all the other Mario Spinoffs. Why the heck would they just scratch his voice that he's had for years, and just use animal sounds? Paying too much respect to Rare? I was really worried about this, because in melee DK sounded like a random Gorilla and Bowser just did generic roars. They wouldn't give Diddy his voice if DK didn't have his. Oh well, it isn't that big of a deal and Im gonna still play as Diddy, but it just disappoints me that they just couldn't just use the guy who voices Diddy in the Mario spinoff games. Or even just used recycled sound clips from those games since they're using ANCIENT sound clips for him now.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
anyways, I'm a huge fan of the DKC games (DKC 2 is my favorite game of all time) so I'm aware that banana's are used as collectibles rather than weapons.
Then you should know how absurd it is to use a collectable as a weapon.

But, that doesn't change the fact that they are great weapons am I right? hehe
Not in DKC canon, which if you are a DK fan as you claim you would know.

But being a great special like turnips or bombs, why would you want anything otherwise?
Because they aren't weapons, it's another "screw you" to Rare's DKC fans. Despite the fact that Orange Grenade bombs from DK64 could be used in a very similar manner to the bananas as a projectile for Diddy but would also do more damage and they are a real weapon unlike bananas.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
dude diddy didnt have a voice in dk64...

plus its the sound from DKC thats were his modle is from...

Uknown one time me x and Diddy Kong all were posting on 1 page all avatars were diddys... was confusing

Top Bottom