• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
dude diddy didnt have a voice in dk64...
Yes he did, he made sounds and noises every now and then, they used a real voice actor too. He would say things like woohoo if I remember correctly (it's been many years since I actually played it)

plus its the sound from DKC thats were his modle is from...
His model looks nothing like his DKC model, it's still good though but it doesn't look like the DKC model look at the eyes, the hands and the feet.

Uknown one time me x and Diddy Kong all were posting on 1 page all avatars were diddys... was confusing
I know, for a while me and DDK had a similar sig too very confusing.

Mr. Ocax I agree with you, I'm just so glad that they didn't give Diddy the dumb *** grin they've been giving DK lately (examples include MKDS and MSCF).

Ukn0wn1

Smash Cadet
Because they aren't weapons, it's another "screw you" to Rare's DKC fans. Despite the fact that Orange Grenade bombs from DK64 could be used in a very similar manner to the bananas as a projectile for Diddy but would also do more damage and they are a real weapon unlike bananas.
Yes, it does seem odd that they would use peanut popguns from DK64, but then forget about the orange grenade.

I think the reason they chose bananas is because the orange grenade is too similar to Link's bomb, I suppose. And being in the same category of special moves, they wanted something more distinct (banana peel mechanic rather than another spawned explosive weapon). It will also probably be more useful, and more dynamic than what a regular orange grenade could provide.

And yes, I am a huge DKC fan.....and I am very excited at the reveal of diddy's other specials. He looks like a blast to play, and that's what counts above all.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Monkey sounds don't bother me really, I think it's rather... unique or so to say. From what we've seen, Diddy seems to be a VERY fast character, maybe even rivalling Fox and Sonic (the latter not being as impressive in my opinion in speed). Didn't saw the banana peels yet, but it does bothers me that Sakurai really couldn't think of anything else and just thinks of Diddy as a generic monkey who throws banana peels and screeches.

Apperantly Diddy seems to be quite heavy aswell, since he survived up till 141% in one vid. Nice. His cartwheel is also involved and it seems to be his dash attack (SUPRISE?) and has quite the long range like in DKC! Awesome, can't wait to main Diddy! =D

Ike and DK being my secundaries. ^^

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Diddy's screeching monkey sounds are awesome imo. And if IGN is right, then I love his side-B while his down-B is rather pointless.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wii Numbers won't help anything, cause we need Friend Codes again...

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, his cartwheel is his running A. I actually don't mind his down B. It could be handy while people are trying to jump and run around. It will be really helpful when I play against my friend who plays Jiggs. The bana peel would **** Jiggs if she rolls over it im assuming. As cool as the orange grenade would be, it might make Diddy too much of a projectile character.

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
ive only seen 2 vids with him in it... the penut popgun looks silly tehe im gunna love diddy
I love the popgun. I am so pleased with Diddy's moveset from what I've seen. I haven't seen a video with Diddy's so called "face pummel," but it sounds awesome.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Diddy's FS is 10 times better then I thought it would be. He looks pretty fast, the popgun seems terrific and he's just as I imagined him to be. Hopefully his down B doesn't suck as much as I think it will.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
ok i saw the 2 new vids today the cartwheel does 5 dmg... X can u put me on that diddy fan thing on first page with red righting or whatever a super diddy fan color is

Sinn

Smash Lord
Diddy's Final Smash is going to **** characters on levels that have no platforms to hide under...like Bridge of Eldin.

spikehappy07

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo, CA. Its a small city whom many people ove
Diddy kong is high tier material, if not top tier, because he has something that most characters don't bring to the table: unorthadox fighting style. His quick speed mixed with nimble movement and creative(yet wierd) attack patterns make him a hard character to approach one-on-one.

I'm playing with him first when brawl comes out.

DTPrimus2112

Smash Rookie
I think that his cartwheels are his shield rolls. Should of just made them his running A. Love the chimp sounds he makes when fighting. =P

Dynamism

Smash Lord
It's his DashA, and it's cool :)

And finally someone other than me has stated he will be top tier..jeez!

What more do you want!!?? Fast, agile, strong, unpredictable, good projectile, good recovery, decent weight...SERIOUSLY!!! My first post the day he was revealed had me say something like that.

SCRAMBLE!!

Talendime

Smash Ace
I don't know about the tiers, but he's already my favourite character by far.
And I'm glad that he's nothing like Donkey Kong.

Top Bottom