• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**Diddy Kong [Old] General Match-Ups**

pastaboy

Smash Champion
this is mostly why i say 60/40 marth. He has a good 'GTFO' move out of his shield, can keep u pressured and kill/gimp u i think a slight bit better. I believe marth can use counter against ur recovery and cause a problem.
o god i fear the day wen that happens, wuld ur rockets deploy if it was countered? /n00bquestion

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Bad marths are easy, theres this really good one that gives me trouble and I don't even know how to handle marth in teh first place
Most Marth's are bad. I can count on my fingers and toes the amount of Marth players that A. know what they are talking about for the most part and/or B. are good players. 60-40 Marth, he can zone very well, and also he has great aerials.

Marth Strengths:

-Great aerials
-Ftilt can destroy SH approaches
-Don't touch his shield or you'll get hit by a whale render
-Whale Render has invincibility frames for the first 5 frames, which can negate some combos.
-Good gimper
-Better Glidetoss (I think?)

Good Marth stages:
Delfino
and Battlefield are his best, don't use them against him

Diddy Strengths

-Heavier (which is sad...)
-Faster/less laggy smashes
-Projectiles
-Better recovery on block (meaning if you don't get gimped)
-Better throws
-Combos
-Bananas

Pretty much Diddy has to go NL and get into a rhythm after that Marth will have a hard time getting out of Diddy's banana combos and traps

IDK

Smash Lord
yeah marth has a BIGGER glide toss... but not necessarily better. diddy can use his for flow and its length is useful.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
all in favour of zss beign next match up discussion rasie hand. if i recall it was 70-30 in zss favour, we shuld tackle this,get his biggest problems delt with -_-

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
iono just a suggestions, >_> i wuldnt know how to face a good zss if i tried.
also, nt u nvr specified that u were using diddy, lololol
I would obviously use diddy if this was a diddy thread................................

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Shoot Id beat anyone in here playing ball.

Why dont we have separate topics for Match up Threads. It is more organized and we won't keep bringing up dead things in this topic and go off topic. Like if someone had a problem with snake (me) I could just post in the match up thread instead of going offtopic in this thread.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@NinjaLink: Snakeee might be annoyed playing against your Diddy, but I think that's a common sentiment : )
Well, let's talk ZSS then.

Today I played against my crew mate's ZSS. A nasty piece of work. I did 'okay' I'd say. I mean I won the majority of our matches, winning is always positive. It's just ZSS has a number of tricks to keep you at bay, and the ZSS I played against had only recently decided to pick up ZSS again.

I don't have much to offer on the matchup, since I don't play many ZSS players often. I found ZSS can space herself quite well.

I guess edge guard agressively, but carefully, as she's got a few tricks that can spike you if you get a little carried away. On the other side of the coin though, spiking her can be quite easy.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Key element. **** AT THE START. If u take control of her armor and keep it that way shes definitely on her way to losing. I actually dribble with the armor. Get her off stage. Dribble armor pieces near the edge. Grab the ledge. When she jumps over u the armor piece will hit her right off again. Just remember to try to keep the armor in play and keep the armor bouncing. Be aware i can get ZSS off the stage and i didn't even throw a banana out yet. Keep that in mind. Dribbling 3 pieces of armor (try to keep 2) and bananas . ITS CRAZY I TEL YOU.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I'm not annoyed playing NL's Diddy now that I got better at the match up
...you're just giving me more items to play with. :p
See you at Inui's tourney

and I have a simple strategy that will stop your taking my armour nonsense. :)

Snakeee

Smash Master
what are u talking about? She cant punish it. U do a Dash attack into her and grab. She cant do anything.
I'm not sure if she can up-tilt right after the dash attack, but spot dodge the grab and up-tilt should work.
...I don't know why Chrome thought it was a big deal though lol.

Btw, I have this match up down as 6/4 Diddy.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I'm not sure if she can up-tilt right after the dash attack, but spot dodge the grab and up-tilt should work.
...I don't know why Chrome thought it was a big deal though lol.

Btw, I have this match up down as 6/4 Diddy.
well u have to consider everything in the matchup. Besides urself i dont kno who uses ZSS great. His grab lag isnt that bad. Doubt it'll work if they react properly.

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
just curious what you guys think about diddy vs toonlink and what you guys try to do when other people take advantage of the bananas and use them against you

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
just curious what you guys think about diddy vs toonlink and what you guys try to do when other people take advantage of the bananas and use them against you
This would prolly be the next discussion but now its ZSS. I think its in TLs favor being diddy cant handle spam well.

ADHD

Smash Hero
So as to what ninjalink said, go for her armour pieces at the start, you control them way better than she does. Watch your spacing, that side b is fing scary, and don't ever get caught by the dsmash... EVER.

Btw diddy vs mk, I'm tending to think that diddy is the most fit character to fight that broken ****, even better than snake any input i'm just curious

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Sorry about the lack of updates guys. I've got a lack of internet at home atm, so I can't sit down and do it.
>.<

Expect some updates and such soon.

Mmac

Smash Lord
An error I noticed on Yoshi part is that the Chaingrab is listed only to work to 40%. This is not true at all. It's a Grab Release Chaingrab, therefore, not restricted to what Percent the victim is at.

Also Hi guys! :yoshi:

ADHD

Smash Hero
Yoshi is nothing to worry about... just his chaingrab is a bit nasty so don't fall for the pivot grab stuff, just stay stationary and wait for him to come to you. He can camp but who cares it's eggs and if he does camp then you can approach him. Yoshi tends to have trouble avoiding the bananas and usually yoshi is the one who likes to control the flow of the match, so stay stationary and keep your cool because he really can't do anything to you up close if you play it smart.

Mmac

Smash Lord
You know.... I didn't came here to debate.... I just wanted to point out an error....

You guys changed, you used to be cool >_>

ADHD

Smash Hero
You know.... I didn't came here to debate.... I just wanted to point out an error....

You guys changed, you used to be cool >_>
What? Idc, i was just saying my opinion on yoshi because i was a lil late :(

Top Bottom