• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dillon's Last Round Up. Dillon the AT (In glorious HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought it had, though I can't find a link for it anymore. I guess it was just a rumor.

I swear I saw a link for it once.

SpatialPSI

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regent_EX
3DS FC
1091-7941-1344
I like his design and I think he could fit into a Smash game perfectly. Just off of appearances alone he looks like someone that'd be interesting to play as.

Plus it's nice when characters from new series get added.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Actually, I'm beginning to warm up to Dillon as a character and would quite like him in smash, though he's about my 30th choice or something! :D

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I love Dillon's character and that would be awesome to see him in Smash, as terribly unlikely as it is. I feel like he would be far to similar to Sonic though.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Don't try to seriously speculate on any Smash game beyond Smash 4, since after SSB4, we probably won't see another Smash game for quite a while (and I mean a long time). Anything could happen.

Back in the Melee days, would you have tried speculating that Lucario, Olimar, R.O.B., Toon Link, Ike, Zero Suit Samus, or Snake would be in "SSB3" (Brawl)? Most likely not.

Anyway, I would like to see Dillon with a few more games under his belt. I don't own the game but I've played it, and I enjoyed it. I like Dillon's character a lot too.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, only Olimar, R.O.B., and Snake of that list existed at the time. :troll: (The Zero Suit didn't debut until Zero Mission)

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
To be fair, only Olimar, R.O.B., and Snake of that list existed at the time. :troll: (The Zero Suit didn't debut until Zero Mission)
I know, that's my point. Several of Brawls newcomers didn't exist, and so there was no point in speculating about games after Melee.

Most other newcomers just wouldn't even have been considered during Melee's speculation, like Olimar, whose first game was released about a month before Melee. So yeah, the fact that many characters didn't even exist is my point.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
It's not that much bad making a couple of comments on smash 5 or 6 is it? If it's that bad, then I'll stop.
:laugh: Nah, it's not like I'm offended or anything.

I'm just saying, anything could happen in a span of years as both Brawl's and Melee's newcomers have shown, so it doesn't really make sense to speculate about Smash 5 or 6. Just sayin', no biggie.

D

Deleted member

Better example of that jigglover would be who'd have thought of Snake being in Brawl.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Good point (though personally I was ecstatic). I haven't actually played Dillon's game yet, so can someone explain the title of this thread please? He clearly does have a name, Dillon.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
After watching the trailer of Dillon's Rolling Western, I wouldn't mind having him for SSB4 although there is a particular move which is similar to Sonic.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
After watching the trailer of Dillon's Rolling Western, I wouldn't mind having him for SSB4 although there is a particular move which is similar to Sonic.
You mean the rolling move? But Jigglypuff also had that move, and so did Yoshi although they all executed it differently. :/ Maybe Dillon can do his by charging the analogue stick backwards?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
You mean the rolling move? But Jigglypuff also had that move, and so did Yoshi although they all executed it differently. :/ Maybe Dillon can do his by charging the analogue stick backwards?
His roll encompasses a lot, including
  • Charging for an AOE effect
  • Gringind enemies
  • Following up with a claw attack

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
His roll encompasses a lot, including
  • Charging for an AOE effect
  • Gringind enemies
  • Following up with a claw attack
Oh I see, that sounds interesting. I really need to play the game but I haven't bought it yet due to mixed opinions about it. ^^;

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Oh I see, that sounds interesting. I really need to play the game but I haven't bought it yet due to mixed opinions about it. ^^;
I find it fun. It's pretty much a tower defense where you can also defend with your character.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I find it fun. It's pretty much a tower defense where you can also defend with your character.
Yeah I've seen a bit of that. I heard the controls are a bit similar to Kid Icarus Uprisings (As in you do the action and stuff with the stylus etc) which I don't mind since I loved Uprising. Is that the only thing throwing people off about it? or are there any other nuisances? If that's all I might as well purchase it soon and try it out.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I've been wanting to buy this game for a while. As far as new Nintendo characters in smash, Dillion would be my first choice as the new IP character for smash 4.

:phone:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
That's the one. Anyways, seeing that Jigglypuff, Yoshi as well as Sonic had the similar move, I'm interested to see how Sakurai and the team develop Dillon's moveset if he is considered for SSB4.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Dilllon may not be my first choice for a new Nintendo IP, but I feel like he could be a positive addition to the roster.

If there end up being version exclusive characters (which I kind of hope there won't be), he'd probably be more likely for the 3DS version to promote downloadable 3DS games

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think technically Zero Suit Samus debuted in the original NES Metroid game. Remember the "Justin Bailey" password?

D

Deleted member

I think technically Zero Suit Samus debuted in the original NES Metroid game. Remember the "Justin Bailey" password?

"Justin Bailey" is Samus in just a bailey, hence Just In Bailey becomes "Justin Bailey".

The Zero Suit comes from Zero Mission, hence Zero Suit.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Hmmm. I need to go back and play this game.

Dillon is definatly a character i would like to see. One thing I might do is try to compare what new Nintendo series came out between Melee and Brawl and Brawl to SSB4. I think between Melee and Brawl Nintendo made a lot of versions of their franchises. I'll post an analysis sometime. I'm still working on a roster analysis, so we'll see if that ever happens.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
One thing I might do is try to compare what new Nintendo series came out between Melee and Brawl and Brawl to SSB4.
Off the top of my head:

[COLLAPSE="Series between Melee and Brawl:"]- Pikmin (not technically, but... close enough :p)
- Golden Sun
- Kururin
- Starfy
- Eternal Darkness
- Tomato Adventure
- Geist
- Jam With the Band
- Trace Memory (Another Code)
- Chibi-Robo
- Electroplankton
- Big Brain Academy
- Marionation Gear
- Brain Age
- Drill Dozer
- Endless Ocean
- Nintendogs
- Odama
- Hotel Dusk
- Magical Starsign/Vacation
- Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents
- Rhythm Heaven
- Wii/Mii[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Series between Brawl and SSB4 (so far):"]- Fossil Fighters
- Captain Rainbow
- Zangeki no Reginleiv
- Art Academy
- FlingSmash
- Soma Bringer
- Disaster: Day of Crisis
- Steel Diver
- Fluidity
- Xenoblade
- Style Savvy
- The Last Story
- Pushmo
- Pandora's Tower
- Rolling Western
- Sakura Samurai
- Wonderful 101
- HarmoKnight
- Fatal Frame (kinda)
- Whatever the hell Miyamoto is working on.[/COLLAPSE]
I might've forgotten a few Japan-only titles or some eShop/WiiWare/DSi stuff, but I think these are most of them.

The only ones I'd say have any sort of chance at getting playable representation are (other than Pikmin) Golden Sun, Starfy, Wii/Mii, and Xenoblade. A lot of these series could have ATs though, like Dillon, Captain Rainbow, the T-Rex, Chibi-Robo, Zael, the red guy from W101, etc.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone could be an AT, would just rather have someone as a character though. I thought AT's were stupid and redundant with pokeballs

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
I liked Assist Trophies since it allowed people to see more characters on the stage, even if they couldn't play as them.

I feel it's more likely that Dillon will be Assist Trophy'd, but he might just pull the upset and achieve playability

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So I've downloaded Dillon's rolling western today, I haven't gone very far into the game yet. I only finished the first day so far. And I think that this will probably be a game I'm going to be drilling my stylus on to the touch screen... a lot. ^^;

That doesn't mean that I already have a definite opinion about the game, after all I just started it. I'll just probably need to learn how to perform combo's more accurately during combat since I'm a little clueless about how exactly I need to pull that off. I can apparently do it right when I'm digging for ore's but not when I'm battling enemies.

But so far I do like Dillon though, is it just me or does the game sort of have this Zelda feel? Despite that their totally nothing alike, could have sworn I heard a trace of Link's voice in Dillon too sometimes... Ah well, probably just me.

I'll continue the game tomorrow. But like I said, I do like Dillon and certainly wouldn't mind him playable in smash. :)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Dillion's Rolling Western does take some cues from the Legend of Zelda, which a tad justified because Vanpool, who developed the game, previously worked on the Tingle games. The most blunt examples are the heart pieces and the "item get!" jingle taking inspiration from the Legend of Zelda.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Dillion's Rolling Western does take some cues from the Legend of Zelda, which a tad justified because Vanpool, who developed the game, previously worked on the Tingle games. The most blunt examples are the heart pieces and the "item get!" jingle taking inspiration from the Legend of Zelda.
It's interesting. Usually, when someone else developers the game, they are in the copyright as well. However, for this game, Nintendo is the sole owner. I guess what happens is that Vanpool just helps make the title, but it's Nintendo's idea. I figure Nintendo worked on it as well, but it may have been more from a design standpoint.

This game can be a cruel mistress. I'm on stage 5 and it's getting tough. I lost a lot of the first day. There is a lot of reply value here. The levels are lengthy and you can always replay them for a better score. I've done that a lot actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom