• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dillon's Last Round Up. Dillon the AT (In glorious HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
I would love Dillion in Smash bros but
I'm just afraid that he'd end up falling short; just like Demiru from Tomato Adventure

If he doesn't make it in; he better be an AT. I wouldn't appreciate it if he makes it as a sticker alone; assuming they're still present

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I would love Dillion in Smash bros but
I'm just afraid that he'd end up falling short; just like Demiru from Tomato Adventure

If he doesn't make it in; he better be an AT. I wouldn't appreciate it if he makes it as a sticker alone; assuming they're still present
Even though Tomato Adventure might've been a full retail game unlike Dillon's eShop title, at least Dillon was released worldwide, which does count for quite a bit to Sakurai. Plus, DeMille's popularity has never been... anything, as opposed to Dillon, who already has people overstating his chances. :laugh:

Plus if that Last Ranger sequel turns out to be true, then Dillon will definitely be several leagues above DeMille. Speaking of DeMille and Tomato Adventure (as they're never discussed), I'd love to see a sequel. That game was underrated.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The game is kinda cruel on your first play through, but once you gain the ability to reenter the stage with any budget it becomes more tamable. In fact the unlimited budget is recommended if you're going for 5 stars in every stage.

The stage with all of the mud (I think it's stage 6) is a pain to get 5 stars on, by the way.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Even though Tomato Adventure might've been a full retail game unlike Dillon's eShop title, at least Dillon was released worldwide, which does count for quite a bit to Sakurai. Plus, DeMille's popularity has never been... anything, as opposed to Dillon, who already has people overstating his chances. :laugh:

Plus if that Last Ranger sequel turns out to be true, then Dillon will definitely be several leagues above DeMille. Speaking of DeMille and Tomato Adventure (as they're never discussed), I'd love to see a sequel. That game was underrated.
If the Last Ranger is a sequel, he'd be guaranteed (eventually). Nintendo first party titles tend to get the deluxe treatment. He's defiantly possible. What's holding him back is that his game didn't do too hot and has doesn't have a lot of support. Of course, there are far fewer characters this time around.

D

Deleted member

Then again, Fossil Fighters is also a 1st Party title (Nintendo SPD is the main developer and the trademark is owned by Nintendo), has a sequel, and still doesn't seem likely to have a character.
As much as Dillon would be cool to see IMO, I don't think him being 1st Party will necessarily help him; even if he gets a sequel. He seems a little too niche at this moment.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Then again, Fossil Fighters is also a 1st Party title (Nintendo SPD is the main developer and the trademark is owned by Nintendo), has a sequel, and still doesn't seem likely to have a character.
As much as Dillon would be cool to see IMO, I don't think him being 1st Party will necessarily help him; even if he gets a sequel. He seems a little too niche at this moment.
Fossil Fighter is copyright Nintendo and RED, so I'm not sure. I could be wrong.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Double posting to bump this thread.

I did manage to beat the 5th and 6th levels in Dillon's Rolling Western. The 5th one was tough because of those car dudes. They have a tendency to attack when I least expect it. Managed to make it though. The 6th one was really easy. I only lost Scroggs because the Spring guys can jump over the gate (didn't know that). I think I still came out with way more than I started the level with.

I do find the game really fun. Good game to pick up for a few minutes. I do hope Dillon gets him. He's got a lot of attacks for a downloadable title. Also, he'd fit in well.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Motogrocks move fast on the field, but are kinda pathetic in battle. You should try to prioritize killing the Motogrocks in close combat first due to their speed, as the varies gun towers tend to be useless against them.

Springgrocks are just flat out frustration due to their abilities to ignore the fortified gates and terrain. If you're going to maximum scrogs, kill these guys fast before you lose out on precious loot.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Well, I don't have a 3DS, so I never had the chance to try out DRW, but I really, really like Dillon. He may not end up in the game, but he has every right to fight alongside and against the likes of Mario, Link, and Samus. Plus, if that Gamefaqs leak from a supposed Namco PR member is actually true, then Dillon's chances are good enough that he has actually been considered this early for inclusion in SM4SH by Sakurai.

Time will tell, but I can't wait for the time when SM4SH's equivalent to the DOJO reveals a certain Cowboy Armadillo.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Motogrocks move fast on the field, but are kinda pathetic in battle. You should try to prioritize killing the Motogrocks in close combat first due to their speed, as the varies gun towers tend to be useless against them.

Springgrocks are just flat out frustration due to their abilities to ignore the fortified gates and terrain. If you're going to maximum scrogs, kill these guys fast before you lose out on precious loot.
Sounds about right. I learned about the spring guys the hard way. The map on level 5 does help for those guys. They tend to ignore everything and they like to drive around a pit (not sure when they try for the village). Having some guns set up deals with them. Though battle may be better since I can just kill them there.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I just finished the second level and gosh I can now already sense this game is probably going to kick my butt in the later level's. I haven't had this sense of urgency of killing all my enemies as quickly as possible before they kill me (or invade the village) since Kid Icarus Uprising. This game is frustrating but in a good way. :)

This game is very fun, but any advice on how to tackle the later levels before I get on with them? My current tactic is to first gather treasure from the mines in order to build up the village with a decent defence as well as gathering food and looking for ruins on the first day. Then I spend the next two day's maximizing and further improving my defenses with watch towers and weapons mostly near the village as well as further stabelizing the entrance to the village to keep these monsters at bay. Also fixing any broken or damaged things I have and feeding the Scrogs.

The only thing I don't like is that you cant really tell how long you have left during day time unless the game outright tells you. Or maybe there is a way that I don't know of. And the fact you can't remove the guns from their position's and place them elsewere.

But those things aside, this game is very fun and I definitely recommend people to try it out. I would definitely love to see Dillon playable in Smash as well as hopefully seeing him in another new game again. :)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I just finished the second level and gosh I can now already sense this game is probably going to kick my butt in the later level's. I haven't had this sense of urgency of killing all my enemies as quickly as possible before they kill me (or invade the village) since Kid Icarus Uprising. This game is frustrating but in a good way. :)

This game is very fun, but any advice on how to tackle the later levels before I get on with them? My current tactic is to first gather treasure from the mines in order to build up the village with a decent defence as well as gathering food and looking for ruins on the first day. Then I spend the next two day's maximizing and further improving my defenses with watch towers and weapons mostly near the village as well as further stabelizing the entrance to the village to keep these monsters at bay. Also fixing any broken or damaged things I have and feeding the Groks (that was the name of those pigs right?).

The only thing I don't like is that you cant really tell how long you have left during day time unless the game outright tells you. Or maybe there is a way that I don't know of. And the fact you can't remove the guns from their position's and place them elsewere.

But those things aside, this game is very fun and I definitely recommend people to try it out. I would definitely love to see Dillon playable in Smash as well as hopefully seeing him in another new game again. :)
You have the right idea. You should spend the day going to all the mines and getting materials as well as building up the herd. The key to the game is the decisions you make. The first day tells you what they other days will be like. One thing you can do is play the first day and see how it goes (if you do poorly, that's fine). Then, check out the quest and redo the first day (just don't save or turn the power off). A big thing is knowing how to set up your guns. In the second map, you can really pummel them by using cannons as they cover a wide range. The next map is where you can put up walls and have your turrets attack the foes as they come. Also, know when you should go kill a grock yourself.

The game gets trickier, but I haven't had too much of a problem. 5 was tough but 6 was easy. 4 I think gave me some trouble. 3 is a little weird, so it may take some getting use to.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The game gets more tricky if you're going for 5 stars in each level. Later stages even have luck based missions in order to make it more frustrating.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You have the right idea. You should spend the day going to all the mines and getting materials as well as building up the herd. The key to the game is the decisions you make. The first day tells you what they other days will be like. One thing you can do is play the first day and see how it goes (if you do poorly, that's fine). Then, check out the quest and redo the first day (just don't save or turn the power off). A big thing is knowing how to set up your guns. In the second map, you can really pummel them by using cannons as they cover a wide range. The next map is where you can put up walls and have your turrets attack the foes as they come. Also, know when you should go kill a grock yourself.
Oh alright then. Good plan. And yeah, the game advised me to pay attention to the first day and prepare accordingly to that. Thanks.

And to correct a mistake I've made, the pigs were called Scrogs, not Grocks. Grocks are those rock mosters. D'oh. >_<

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Just beat the 8th stage. It's actually a pretty fun one. Also
they don't say it yet, but I assume Dillon is a descendant of the ancient people who were there before.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Throwing in my support for Dillon.

Reading through the thread and such inspired me to give the game a try and I'm liking it so far, though I've only played through the first 2 days of the first level. Playing KI: Uprising prepared me, so the controls here were much easier to adapt quickly.

DilowcsNollsnn

Smash Rookie
I've never played Rolling Western (but I have seen it in action). Dillion looks pretty cool and have an original look that can differentiate him from the other fighters, which I like in a character. I don't think he'll be playable if I'm being honest; however, I'd be okay with him being a full character (as long as it doesn't mean Shulk can't be in). I'll throw in my support for him, but I'm not holding my breath.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Bumping. Because I had a sudden thought, that this is Nintendo's literal newest IP. And I believe they have plans for it. So his inclusion would widespread his fan base and moreso the knowledge of his existance, and that seems like what they would want if they do indeed have plans for this character.

:phone:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Bumping. Because I had a sudden thought, that this is Nintendo's literal newest IP. And I believe they have plans for it. So his inclusion would widespread his fan base and moreso the knowledge of his existance, and that seems like what they would want if they do indeed have plans for this character.
Technically, he isn't the newest IP, HarmoKnight and Tokyo Crash Mobs have come out after him, and Wonderful 101 will be out soon too (and if not directly related to Xenoblade, Monolith's new game could be a new IP). Certainly by the time SSB4 comes out, there will be at least a handful of IPs newer than him, possibly including a Miyamoto one.

Sure, including him would be good promotion (as it would be for any character), but Sakurai doesn't include new IPs for promotion, he includes them if they merit inclusion in his mind, which I doubt Dillon does... yet.

That said, he has gained a decent amount of popularity for an eShop character, and apparently he's getting another game anyway, so chances are he'd probably be an AT or something, and if he continues to get games, his future in Smash (past SSB4) is looking pretty bright.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
It should be noted he is the newest 1st party character, ones that are fewer and farther between. Tokyo Crash Mob and Wonderful 101 are 2nd party (Nintendo published the game).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It should be noted he is the newest 1st party character, ones that are fewer and farther between. Tokyo Crash Mob and Wonderful 101 are 2nd party (Nintendo published the game).
Assuming Monolith's game is directly Xenoblade-related, that's true (though I'm sure by SSB4 he won't be the newest first-party IP). Either way, I think the point still stands that at this time, he doesn't merit inclusion, even if he would be cool.

And not that I doubt you or anything, but I guess I missed where it was confirmed that Dillon's IP was owned solely by Nintendo, and not partly by Vanpool. What's the source?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Assuming Monolith's game is directly Xenoblade-related, that's true (though I'm sure by SSB4 he won't be the newest first-party IP). Either way, I think the point still stands that at this time, he doesn't merit inclusion, even if he would be cool.
Forgot about X

And not that I doubt you or anything, but I guess I missed where it was confirmed that Dillon's IP was owned solely by Nintendo, and not partly by Vanpool. What's the source?
http://dillonsrollingwestern.nintendo.com/
© 2012 Nintendo. Nintendo properties are trademarks of Nintendo.

It mentions only Nintendo. Go to other games, and the copyright includes both companies.

http://goldensun.nintendo.com/
© 2010 Nintendo/CAMELOT. Golden Sun and Nintendo DS are trademarks of Nintendo. © 2010 Nintendo.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
http://dillonsrollingwestern.nintendo.com/
© 2012 Nintendo. Nintendo properties are trademarks of Nintendo.

It mentions only Nintendo. Go to other games, and the copyright includes both companies.

http://goldensun.nintendo.com/
© 2010 Nintendo/CAMELOT. Golden Sun and Nintendo DS are trademarks of Nintendo. © 2010 Nintendo.
Makes sense. Perhaps Vanpool were contracted to make the game, like with Tingle. Just a theory. I also heard that EAD 3 (the Zelda team) helped with development a little, though I can't find the source again, so that's probably just a rumor.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Makes sense. Perhaps Vanpool were contracted to make the game, like with Tingle. Just a theory. I also heard that EAD 3 (the Zelda team) helped with development a little, though I can't find the source again, so that's probably just a rumor.
Probably. The credits just list them as an author, so likely they developed Nintendo's idea.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
EAD 3 being involved would actually have some form of sense to it considering the Legend of Zelda shout outs in Dillon's Rolling Western I mentioned earlier. There is also
Rin Kong, who is a shout out to Donkey Kong and King Kong

Hoenstly at this point, Dillion being in Smash Bros as a playable character it is vague but it would be welcomed. He's like the only example of a "cowboy armadillo" that is cool instead of cute.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Who the heck was Rin Kong?
A con artist who has a notable bounty on his head, that was foreshadowed by the wolf mayor in chapter 7 after the second day. You get to meet him in person later in the bonus mission "The Old Mission", where you have to fight against his Mecha Barrel.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
A con artist who has a notable bounty on his head, that was foreshadowed by the wolf mayor in chapter 7 after the second day. You get to meet him in person later in the bonus mission "The Old Mission", where you have to fight against his Mecha Barrel.
Aka the closest thing to an antagonist the game has. He owns the rights to the house Dillon and his partner Russ lived in as children, and thats why dillon and Russ were doing what they were doing. To gather money and buy the deed to their old mission back.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Aka the closest thing to an antagonist the game has. He owns the rights to the house Dillon and his partner Russ lived in as children, and thats why dillon and Russ were doing what they were doing. To gather money and buy the deed to their old mission back.
To hell with spoiler tags, right? :p

Anyway, I thought I'd just leave this here. Psycho, feel free to add it to the OP somewhere, you can do with it as you wish, or just totally ignore it.

Direct link:
http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg519/nthreeon/SSB4 Newcomers/DillonHeader_zps8216e50d.png

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I see. Intriguing. Lol
So I see him as about either a 40%.
Or an 80%. Depending on how they look at him.

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice
I've been seriously considering downloading this game, and I've always been intrigued by this character since the very first trailer for this game. Just from watching the "Walkthrough" video in the eShop, I can already come up with some kind of special moveset for him, but I'm sure I'd be able to do more after playing the game.

B: Roll - Similar to Jigglypuff in that you can charge it, similar to classic Sonic games in that you can jump while rolling (I honestly don't remember if Sonic can jump during his down and side specials, and my cousin is borrowing my game.)

Side B: Claw attack - Something like Bowser's Side B, except Dillon doesn't grab the opponent.

Down B: Burrow - Dillon jumps up, curls up, slams down. and burrows underground, the player controls where he will pop up. Can be used as an evasive move or an attack move.

I couldn't come up with an Up special just by watching that video though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My special moveset would be:

B - Ricocheting revolver (I know he doesn't actually use one, but it would be awesome)
BV - Place Tower (A complicated move to actually impliment in game. Dillion would place a mini defensive tower that stays stationary and attack opponents)
B-> - Spin Dash, can go from spin dash to claw attack
B^ - His little rat friends copter, maybe even just a gyrocopter

Another thing he doesn't have in game, but would still be awesome, is if he had a tether recovery that was a lasso. As well as a lasso grab

TheCreator

Smash Lord
>B: Spin Slam: Kindof like jigg's and sonic's, but he bounces off of someone when he hits them.
B^: Russcopter: Russ flies down and dillon grabs on, similar to snake's.
Bv: Burrow: exactly how Omega stated.
B: Slash, Slash, Slash. Dem claws.

I want him to implement Dynamite, because he actual uses it in game. I wanted to give him links down b, except with dynamite instead of a bomb. Thing is though burrow is such an obvious down b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom