• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
its better not to know.
but to put it this way, im being banned everytime a certain mod who shall remain anonymous finds out its me, mainly because hes a dum ***, also i may have insulted him indirectly one time >_>
also jona you going to ct? =[

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
im imagining all the sexy shiit i could try doing if doc had a wall jump -_-
its eating at my insides like a fat chick inside me.

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
nope =[
i have canada johns though.
and parent johns.
ct is gonna be my first tourny in the states =D

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
hha i wish XD
only reason im even able to go to CT is because its during my christmas holiday XD

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
i dont mind it really though,
im in a rush to book my flight before i get my midterm though @_@

otg

Smash Master
Wow, this thread is nothing but spam. So I was thinking, we should update the Doc Forums.

IE- Unsticky the following:
- 'what are the diffferences between Docto Mario and Mario?'
- Dr.Capsules very outdated Doc guide.
- Redo the Doc video thread as ronin doesn't come here anymore and it is very very outdated.

I'm thinking about putting together a chainthrow guide against spacies, as I pretty much know all the percents and most hypothetical followups which lead to KO moves. Dogy what kind of guide were you thinking about putting together?

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
i would do the video thread if no one else would want to. i have loads of time wich i use to do nothing ^_^

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
eh
for the sake of conversation,
both, even though i dont play brawl XD
lol i just cant get my fingers to press b so bloody fast XD
cant figure a way to make it easier either =/

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
how do you guys spam b when you nado recover? =/
i can get my nado to recovery about half of the height my up b does, or maybe 3/4 or 2/3 i unno. =/
i find it hard rofl.

edit:
kso, since that dum jerk mod bans me when he finds what account i use, im thinking if i just stop going by desh it might put an end to the stupidness. =/
I was thinking of a new name but idk.

i always think about changing my name, since everytime someone sees my name desh, they ask me if im brown, its just mindgames cuz im a tall blonde white guy >_> rofl

St. Viers

Smash Champion
meh, I just spam B, and most of the time I gain a net height gain of around 1/2 docs body, plus moving a tad in the right direction.

It's all about convulsions over the controller man ^_^

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
wtfork is a yodel.
dont make me rage.
you wont like me when i rage.
>_> ..... <_<

edit: half of docs body? o_o
thats not very much =s

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I got only an hour into FF8, sadly. What happened? It scratched. : <

St. Viers

Smash Champion
net gain. That means after I rise and fall, I'm still 1/2 a body higher than I would have been without doing it. I'm know you can go higher, but at least I'm not having a negative net gain...

HiIH

Smash Lord
You know what sucks? Getting through all of Metroid Prime 3, until the point where you have to collect the energy cells, and your disc is scratched JUST enough that the game freezes as you put the last energy cell in.

Yeah. **** that game.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
naw, because I was thinking net gain, and so my brain bypassed commonsense to make it work the way I was (stupidly) trying to phrase it >_<

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
ZOMG, that must have been an epic fail.

Anyways, Doc question for you Med school grads, I'm getting more and more comfortable with Doc but on the occasion that I do lose my head and don't have enough sense to wavedash away from another aggressive Doc I have been longhopping away with retreating Bairs and I'm just wondering if this is usefull or not.

It seems to help me get a little room and makes my opponent's follow up tougher when I'm through out a couple of Bairs as I'm moving away and then of course I gain my head again after I've spaced him (I'm usually at like 120% + so I get a little physched out).

St. Viers

Smash Champion
retreating with b-airs is good. Even better is jumping away and not using b-airs unless he follows you >_> that way there's no lag he can punish. Why use a move when you can just jump away and fast fall. If he's chasing you though, go ahead ^_^

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
yeah, if you're being chased,
just shbawd away, its basically like
"no u"
and a lot of the time they cant do much(the exception is spammy chars and chars with disjointed hit boxes, im pretty sure docs bair out prioritizes everything else. welll the tip at least. even projectiles lol)

bair has so many uses its almost stupid.

Roman.

Smash Champion
it's all situational

if you're being chased by a marth about to fsmash, you should shield it

and really shbawd isn't that awesome of a tactic, it's very situational

the lag from the waveland is very punishable

if you're doing that though from instinct, start djing out of the bair instead, that's very safe especially followed up with a dair, probably doc's most bugged move

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
i normally wouldnt shbawd either, it was more of an example, (prolly a bad one rofl)
and lol@bair'ing a fsmash
roman you doing doubles at ct? =o

Top Bottom