• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Roman.

Smash Champion
my beg what?

it doesn't matter, i don't have one anyways (i don't think i do)

but uhhh, what if i get on my knees and pray, plead, urge, and nag at you (unbuttoned of course)?

Pine

Smash Ace
you beg*

but YES YES YES!

well see the only day i see my gf every week is saturday...ill prob be active over xmas break / summer though

and random tournys between thats my only problem

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
ya know, i looked at that vid for a sec and said "Its another one of these dumb vids". But i skimmed through a few sections to see if I could find anything interesting.

I didnt know peach could platform cancel turnip pulls. That **** looks so dumb.

__

As for a Chaingrabbing guide, im pretty sure there needs to be a new one, cause I swear to god that info about ganon is wrong. I know ganon can jump out at some %s, i just dont know which ones. And i've been ****ing d.aired so much for that **** im kinda scared to chaingrab ganons.

Proper

Smash Cadet
Lol it was another one of those dumb vids dogy XD

But yeah, its the same as gliding with sheik or w.e you want to call it. just down b instead of up :p timing is pretty much the same imo.

also@roman:
shhhh no one saw that -.-

edit: what cg guide are you guys talkin bout? i dont see it o_o

edit edit: you mean the match up guide with the %'s nd stuff? o_o

Proper

Smash Cadet
am i the only one who didnt know you could waveland a ledgehop uair? >_>
i have a feeling i am -.-

Proper

Smash Cadet
me either, i never really waveland any arial from a ledge,
its normally just a plain roll, get up attack, ledge hop fair/nair, waveland onto stage and crap.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
you can ledgehop all but f-air to regrab.

wavelanding d-airs off the ledge is my favorite strat now.

otg

Smash Master
Yeah I'm going to work on a CG guide at some point (saturday? I have two tests friday). It will mostly be for Spacies/Sheik and maybe a few random low tiers. I don't know the specifics for CGing ganon because most of the time I just combo the balls out of him from a dthrow instead of CGing lol. If anyone wants to help me that would be great, I plan on covering the following.

- Updated and hopefully accurate %'s
- Follow ups for individual characters including DI
- Ways to get grabs in (Doc don't have too good range lol)

At least that's my game plan for now. Obviously I'm going to have more detail on the matchups that actually matter.. like Fox/falco/falcon/sheik. Sadly I don't give a **** what you can do to Pikachu or roy. Just **** them.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
replace the dair with an uair and you have something thats harder to di out of. on space pets do uthrow-usmash-regrab at ~20 to skip like 10 of those pointless punch-less chaingrabs so many docs love to do and always mess up. if the spacepet di's anywhere but hard away for the throw AND the usmash, the regrab is yours. most people di the usmash towards you because they are afraid of a strong hit. its really easy on space pets who arent familiar with doc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5X1k4VD8X0

go to 1:10

Proper

Smash Cadet
gotta admit thats pretty cute spikes, im usin it.
but yeah generally down dair out of a dthrow, theres a lot of better options,

otg

Smash Master
Yeah, that's nice but are you sure it's guarenteed? To my knowledge they can jump out around that percent if they DI it the right way... or atleast from what I've seen, when it connects it's awesome.

Spikes, you don't seem to like Uthrow->Fair when fox is around 100 and opt for Uair instead..... why?

SmashMac

Smash Lord
I hardly go for CG's anymore unless it's at guaranteed %s. Nowadays I just do the respective throw (dthrow or uthrow depending on the opponent's character), full jump dair FF uair, uair shffl and there's the 40% damage right there. Depending on the situation either uair shffl or whatever else you think is needed. Usually I CG the FFers and do the throw to dair combo at %s around 75% (if I remember correctly, sheik along with the FFers), but against the weighted/semi-floaty characters that it's a bit more annoying to CG against (Ganon, DK, etc.) I definitely lean more towards the throw to dair combos at %s around 40% or so. I do the throw to dair combos a lot against Marth and Peach at %s around 10% as well (grabbing them at 10% to begin with).

otg

Smash Master
collegio lol
Oh word you go to WPI? That's sick dude. Uh... what's his weak spot. Well, he tries to gimp a little too often, so it's pretty easy to predict what he's going to try and do by the ledge. He plays smart, and if you're using Doc, he has A LOT of experience against me, so just be ****ing random.

But yeah he goes for gimps alot, so try to exploit that.

Top Bottom