• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

otg

Smash Master
Good **** Roman, as for whether or not it's better than FJ pills is probably situational. FJ pills can be wavelanded which is awesome, and the biggest problem with what you're doing is to LC the Pill you use up your second jump... and thats pretty disastrous if the pill fails and you get hit with pretty much anything. Nice trick though.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
ya know, even with that video (not trying to take anything away), im still going to say pill canceling doesnt exist, because it doesnt.

If it did exist, there would be a way to cancel out the recovery animation of throwing pills. (Which you cant)

The reason why that pilling canceling works is because when you fullhop a pill and try to throw one when you land, there's a small window where you cant throw a pill because you're in the landing animation.

To prove my point, i guarentee you can stand on the ground and throw pills as fast as roman was platform canceling.

Im not trying to rain on a parade, cause that's still a good find (im going to steal that actually, i think i have a use for it), but it's not actually pill canceling.

Roman.

Smash Champion
oh it absolutely isn't a pill cancel

but the angle is great

the pills are going at a constant, quick rate

and you are mobile so if you react quickly you can out prioritize with an aerial or just don't do it lol

but uhhh, yeah... it pretty much is only useful on PS too

Proper

Smash Cadet
lol plat cancelled pills, i never bothered doing that,
too situational imho. and like otg said, if you get caught without your second jump you're ****ed, especially vs marth and falcon and other chars, where its really easy for them to reach you quickly
i'de rather just full jump pill or something else.
its much safer and equally if my opinion counts for anything.
but i do think i could find use for it in teams,

Proper

Smash Cadet
lol its being cancelled on the edge of a platform rofl, i never call things edge cancel lol oh well =D
and fair enough rofl XD

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Dogy and I debated on pill-canceling a while back on it's usefulness. I tend to do it all the time just because I find it smoother and it's useful in situations, especially when I'm camping someone or running away (like from my brothers for example). If you're camping someone and you can do this it just adds mobility but that's about it. Highly situational, but it's still a good trick to know, especially in pill set-ups.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Dogy and I debated on pill-canceling a while back on it's usefulness. I tend to do it all the time just because I find it smoother and it's useful in situations, especially when I'm camping someone or running away (like from my brothers for example). If you're camping someone and you can do this it just adds mobility but that's about it. Highly situational, but it's still a good trick to know, especially in pill set-ups.
HOLD UP.

We didnt debate on it's usefulness, we debated on its existence. If you could cancel out any animation in pills, that'd be f'n amazing. The thing is you cant. AND YOU KNOW THIS $MAC.

O_O

TODAY'S MY LAST ****ING DAY OF STUDENT MAA****ING TEACHING

*throws a chair* YAYHUZZ

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Yeah, that's nice but are you sure it's guarenteed? To my knowledge they can jump out around that percent if they DI it the right way... or atleast from what I've seen, when it connects it's awesome.

Spikes, you don't seem to like Uthrow->Fair when fox is around 100 and opt for Uair instead..... why?
at higher percents it's less reliable, but at 20ish as long as they don't DI both away, you're good. also I was just trying to be fancy on fd, lol. I tried to do uthrow, really late uair, fair two times in that crews vid, the first time I killed myself, and the second time he di'ed the uair away.

otg

Smash Master
also I was just trying to be fancy on fd, lol. I tried to do uthrow, really late uair, fair two times in that crews vid, the first time I killed myself, and the second time he di'ed the uair away.
Yeah I kinda got that impression. Don't get me wrong, being sexy is what this game is all about, but sometimes efficiency is the way to go. Nice Sd though lol.

Proper

Smash Cadet
lol guys
i like docs dtilt, i find it pretty useful for catching falcons and easily gimpable characters off gaurd,
but its only really useful once theyre at a decent %
against falcon i like to cc a dtilt if they approach with a nair near the edge, it sends them flying backwards wich gives me the oppurtunity to edgegaurd, i know you could do other things to get people off stage, but i find effective ways to use it, and no one really sees it coming :p

idk, try it out and see if it works for you :)

(i've tried wavesheilding in on marth and dtilting near the edge to get him off, it does work. )

otg

Smash Master
Eh..... eh... let's not talk about his dtilt. If it works for you, use it. IMO it's slow, has some bad start up/wind down lag, terrible reach, damage ain't to great, easily CCed back at you which puts them either nowhere or right next to you... etce tcetcetecetc. Even if does send people behind you, you probably have better options.

Proper

Smash Cadet
mmm yeah i agree but there are times where i think it can be a better option.
you can def get a grab when you can dtilt,
but the grab is easier to di, and more likely to be di'd properly.
I rather like the way his dtilt hits people for getting them off stages compared to bthrow or fthrow in certain situations. but to each his own i suppose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cm2arPUV0M
dtilt kill.
imho if it was a grab he would have had more options from the throw
(compare the way the dtilt hit to the bthrow at 33 seconds.

(also thats a horrid match rofl.)

LOL IM GOING TO A BAWRL TOURNAMENT TOMORROW D:
-.-

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
at higher percents it's less reliable, but at 20ish as long as they don't DI both away, you're good. also I was just trying to be fancy on fd, lol. I tried to do uthrow, really late uair, fair two times in that crews vid, the first time I killed myself, and the second time he di'ed the uair away.
Um. at 'round 100%, u.throw f.air is GUARENTEED on fox. From like ~90%-~108ish%

otg

Smash Master
Desh, just some quick advice. Try to be mobile while playing, alot of the time I see you just standing there waiting for him to come to you. Most spacies will just camp out Doc, so you can't bank on players running up to your face giving you shieldgrabs and what not. Work on those edgeguards, if he phantasm's toward the stage Ftilt his ***.

That's all I see for now.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I like how Desh changed his screen name to Proper to avoid an admin and otg still calls him Desh.

Proper

Smash Cadet
you can call me, Bond.
James, Bond.

No but in all honesty, just call me chris or something else, i dont wanna get banned rofl.
call me .... idk. just call me w.e u want, but chris is fine =/

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
can someone or multiple people PM wak, to request that i get unbanned, if someone does this could you tell him i will not post in the canada boards ever again. I just need proper unbanned to keep the video thread updated.

So yeah, if one or a few people could send him a PM, tellin him that I need to keep the video thread updated (give him a link), and that i'll never post in the canada boards again if he unbans me.
Plus I was banned for alt account, if hes gonna ban me for it why not just banned everyone who made an alt account to avoid ban. -_-
but yeah,
maybe if some of you guys message him , he'll unban me. Its a long shot, but I wanna keep the vid thread up to date, and if i have to give up posting in the canada boards then im fine with that.

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
i make these account cuz of him.
if i message him he bans me. i dont think he even reads my msg,
like if it starts with
"its desh"
he just clicks ban.
i tried to contact on msn...he asked me if it was regarding my ban, and before i even answered he said
"yeah it is have a good night" and blocked me. -.-
so me msging him is pointless, and i'll just get banned again. let alone i'de have to make ANOTHER ****ing account. i dont know why he even bans me anymore because he know im just gonna make a new account.

but yeah, its not like im saying you have to, but i'de appreciate it, especially since now all the time i put into the vid thread is gonna be a waste, and now no one can update it.
i really dont have many accounts, normally i only have 1,
but because he keeps banning me i have to continue to make new ones.
and when i try to explain ****,
he and the admins call me a chronic spammer.
although i have no problems with other mods, as a matter of fact im friends with a few.
anyways
im at my cousins place playing BAWRL,

Top Bottom