• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
good liquorish? twizzlers? 8D
i hope its not black liquorish.
that stuff tastes bad =[

gongbomb

Smash Cadet
does anyone know something about this:

When you're in the tumbling animation, you can push A just before you land (something like 3 frames?) and you'll land in your neutral position without falling on your back and having to roll to get up. I'm curious if you can only do this if you could wiggle out of the tumbling before you land.

I like using the A landing so I don't get tech chased, but I wanna know if I shouldn't be trying it all the time if I'm gonna miss techs.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
ya know what's one thing that'll make that matchup easier for you boss?

ONLY f.air their shield. You can FH d.air if you're going to jump over there, or b.air to zone, but if you intend to hit their shield, fair. That way they cant shield grab you.

I dont know how well that strat works on double shields, but it's the same concept as azen's capfal strat vs chu (i think he was the one who did it, Alpha Gundam told me bout somebody playin chu a while ago)

__

Now tell me how the **** to beat a captain falcon with doc.

And a peach.

Pine

Smash Ace
really bosS? thats one of my easier matchups :/ just run arouynd like a fool pilling and as dogy said...lay down the first of wrath

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice

And a peach.

what i do against CF
is unfortunately pill a LOT -.-
boring but necessary,
yuo can approach with nair because the end of his nair> yours,
his uair > your dair and nair
i freaking hate approaching falcon cuz of docs horrible reach D:
once you get in though with good pill spamming i just go for cgs and grab combos to rack up enough damage, as soon as i can i get them off the stage and gimp their *** -_-
****dtilt works if they approach with a nair near the edge!!!
just cc the nair and dtilt, if they have like 70% (could be wrong on %) it hits him off the stage in an awesome angle that really only allows him to recover from below D:

dont try it if you think im wrong but its worked a lot for me in the past.
(70% is probably pushing it, but it works)

i know i dont need to help you edgegaurd lol.
or play the match up in general. but thats my take on it. =/

otg

Smash Master
Boss I felt you handled that matchup pretty well. But yeah, pressuring Icy's Shields with Fair is probably the best way to go. Fair->dsmash ***** shields.

When fighting the Icies, you want to separate them and than punish the crap out of one of them. Now the question is.. why one? A lot of the time I feel KOing/edgeguarding Nana is the safest option because fighting Popo alone is much easier to deal with than both of them alive. Now granted, you could say taking out Popo first guarantees a stock, but if you mess up and he is able to regroup with Nana than you have to find a way to freaking separate them again! Weird fight IMO

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
ya know what's one thing that'll make that matchup easier for you boss?

ONLY f.air their shield. You can FH d.air if you're going to jump over there, or b.air to zone, but if you intend to hit their shield, fair. That way they cant shield grab you.

I dont know how well that strat works on double shields, but it's the same concept as azen's capfal strat vs chu (i think he was the one who did it, Alpha Gundam told me bout somebody playin chu a while ago)

__

And a peach.

For some reason, I think I like Peach matchups. (when I say that, I mean over shiek fights) Of course, I'm always caping when they throw their nasty vegetebles at me, and I love Dthrow > uair :3.

I do have the mistake of hitting people, and then they shield (mostly fair I think) but this peach didn't, wow. I need to get rid of that habit though.

Also, against Icies, I had trouble against one, but I did ok. They did regroup at times when I thought Nana was going to die (thats one reason why I stopped fighting lvl 9 coms so much). Oh, and yes, sadly, I got grabbed, and wasn't let go. D:<

Roman.

Smash Champion
it's just a priority war against falcon

you can kill every nair approach with an utilt

you can kill every fair approach with a grab

the only problem with falcon is to not get mindgamed cause he can combo you

but if you mindgame them then you have just as good combo ability even with platforms

and dtilt sounds like a terrible idea

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
timing a utilt to out prioritize a nair

takes in-human reaction time and speed

falcons dd'ing and speed are just too quick to

just predict it coming and "out prioritizing" it

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Also they are writing like this because

they are kinda making bullet points

writing complete ideas in each line

being cool and writing poetry

Roman.

Smash Champion
timing a utilt to out prioritize a nair

takes in-human reaction time and speed

falcons dd'ing and speed are just too quick to

just predict it coming and "out prioritizing" it
no, it doesn't

you obviously just said that because you think it does

but it doesn't

and if you tried it out

you'll realize

it doesn't

utilt stays out for a long time

gg

unknown522

Some guy
I hate that matchup too. It's really slow-paced (slower than most of doc's matchups). Both people usually try to slowly make their way in, and get some gay kill/gimp. Spam bair, and try not to be on the ground. Don't throw too many pills, it will get you gimped by downsmash. Fair their shield, down smash when you are sure it will hit, and back throw when they are together, but not in sync.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Guys I noticed it's possible to reach the middle platform of YS with the tornado recovery. (just stand in the middle of the stage, press down and mash b fast like hell)
it's really hard tho. can anyone do it consistently?

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
doc combos:

The MIX - Fullhop a pill, let it bounce over the opponent's head, then hit them into the pill with a strong move and then use it as a combo launcher to launch your next smash hit! make your friends go, "ooohhhh!"!
edit: named after doc extrordinair "MIX"

uthrow to yodel - can be used in any situation at any percent. Doc's equivalent to the shine. Grab the opponent, uthrow them, and . Pretty much self-explanatorystart a tornado as they come down. The first hotbox doesn't stun so you might want to start it sonner to trap them in the chaos.

chain grab, utilt, uair,uair,wavedash, upb cancel - can only be done on spacies, but is devastating on spacies. If this doesn't work you can charged f-smash them. Wroks best on spacies (fox falco and roy)

utilt to fsmash - guaranteed on ganondorf, good follow up is down smashing for an edgeguard, no other actions necessary Pretty much self-explanatory.

general tips:
Good stages to pick are small stages 2 take away platforms. Captain falcon likes 2 jump at u with the down air to bounce u up 4 a combo. If he does this then w.d. backa tiny bit and grab him from tha side,

there you have it folks!! [/img]

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
doc combos:

chain grab, utilt, uair,uair,wavedash, upb cancel - can only be done on spacies, but is devastating on spacies. If this doesn't work you can charged f-smash them. Wroks best on spacies (fox falco and roy)

how the **** do you have a combo that works on fox, falco, and ROY.

m2k's stat list said:
Average Falling Speed

159% - Falco
152% - Fox
151% - Captain Falcon
128% - DK / Roy
118% - Ganondorf / Sheik
117% - Link / Marth / Young Link
116% - Bowser
108% - Pikachu
107% - Pichu / Yoshi
103% - Ness