• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
you've got

throw->f.air
u.air->d.smash (FFers)
u.air->f.air (majority of the cast
u.air->f.smash (heavy weights)

or you can just start doing dumb stuff like the Kage-Kaze >.>

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
From what I've seen the cape doesn't reset people... it just spins them around on the ground. I could be wrong.

Also, yeah, the cape does do some weird thing sometimes. I know it knocks people into the air with a ton of hitstun on grabs and the middle/end of spacie side Bs, at least, not sure what else.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
It causes people to change sides of the stage when you cap a get-up attack, sometimes, and it makes people jump mad high when you cape them while jumping.

So yeah, I'm not sure whether it resets people when they're on the ground. that would be cool-> they take 12% instead of 3% and are forced to get up.

Also, I'm shocked you didn't know the peach thing....thought it was common knowledge.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Yeah, cape doesnt jab reset. :(

That woulda been hot.

__

Now im on a mission to figure out when the **** I can tech wreck people.

Cause I see something dumb like teck wreck -> jab reset coming. >.>

__

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
****, i figured out how to win all these ****ty matchups
Like this

Already feel my mental capacity and my tech skill increasing, and im only halfway through. Gunna hit the rest of it 2morrow.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
****, I Figured Out How To Win All These ****ty Matchups
like This

Already Feel My Mental Capacity And My Tech Skill Increasing, And Im Only Halfway Through. Gunna Hit The Rest Of It 2morrow.
Holy **** The Force Is Strong Within This One!!!

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I think you're supposed to Super Jump Punch to one direction then slam to the other side before frame four.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Naw, it has to be the opposite direction, so up and to the right would be down and to the left. Going to the left and up would result in just a turned around upB, I think.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Yeah, up b cancel = up+a direction on frame 3, then down+the opposite direction on frame 4.

edit: This is dogy btw, completely forgot im over here at alpha's house, lol.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Ok cool thanks =D
*starts practicing*
lol im learning loads of semi-useless tech tricks just to improve my overall speed

edit: waaiit a minute... does that mean if you would press up-b+a direction on frame 1 and then push down+opposite direction on frame 3 you'd fail at the up-b cancel? You need to actually hold up+a direction for exactly 3 frames and then press down+oppsite direction in 1 frame, and on the exact right frame? holy ****

St. Viers

Smash Champion
lol, didn't even look at the name dogy was under--his text just led me to believe it was him >_>

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
yeah, i meant up+b/down+b, sorry.

And yeah, that was me. I ****ing mindgamed myself when I hit submit and I saw ZSS smiling at me instead of Sonja mean-muggin. I was kinda confused.

But yeah, I got to play a crapton of melee yesterday and wednesday. Oohhwwee.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
it doesn't have to be the opposite direction, I do all my upb cancels by going straight up to down-right, no matter which way I'm facing

FYASKO

Smash Apprentice
so dogy,
what is this tech wreck thing?
maybe if you share your info we can maybe help find out how/when to use it well o.o

i've been in hiding.

/desh

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
oh i thought i mentioned it already. Infact I know i did, but its just hard to find places to use it.

Basically, all you do is right when somebody is going to tech near you, you cape them so that it makes them hesistate in the air for a second, completely jacking up the timing of their tech. If you do the cape early enough, you're guarenteed a jab reset from it.

The problem is coming up with situations where somebody HAS to tech in front of you. The only people it really works on is FFers. I think i might have a way to use it on everybody except floaties, i just have to go back to messing with it some more.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
You could do it during like... a chain grab or something... but it wouldn't work at that high of a percentage 'cause after a while the jab would pop them up into the air.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
from every time i've tried it in a chaingrab, you actually dont have enough time.

Not unless you're chaingrabbing somebody into stupid %s (%s where they actually cant be chaingrabbed but they're just too dumb to jump out)

otg

Smash Master
Practice. It depends on who you are fighting and at what percents. Characters like Ganon, Pika, Sheik (around that weight range), only require a SH Fair from the Dthrow, while semi-floaties/floaties and FFer's require a Full Jump from your U/Dthrow.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
not if - oh say - somebody's landing on a platform above you. Or they're landing outside of your grab range. Cause lets be real.

Edit: Oh sh* im back from my reformat.

Top Bottom