• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
so i searched my name.
yeah.
im actually partners with Desh or Fyasco (same person). Doc - Link team all dai.
Desh, sex in ma ayyus soon?
also i want to learn doc a bit.my doc is slow.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
so i've been awake for about 2 days,
24 of them practicin with gaynex and my sexy doubles partner

anyways

am i the only one who noticed the doc - link
friends LOL

desh stos
roman spife
pine skler

-other people-

>_>

lol XD

Its all about that Doc/Samus Team XD

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Chaingrab, if possible. Otherwise, you've still got some good throw combos, if you manage to land a grab. I'm not sure if Doc can do it, but Mario has dthrow to smash combos on Falco. But hey, you've got the uthrow to fair which works from like... 100% to 120% or higher.

Man, someone should really make a guide that listed all of the exact numbers.

Also, gimp. Bairs kill Falco's recovery, and capes are always good. Fulljump dairs work nicely as an approach, and can lead to jab grabs or dsmashes or whatever.

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
I know that Doc has some cool setup ko on everyone well expect samus but we should really make a guide from what % we should dthrow\uthrow into fair it would be really useful

Oh elven I'm wondering how does Doc deal with Falco Laser ?

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Yeah, man, SOMEONE SHOULD REALLY MAKE THAT THROW TO FAIR GUIDE, RIGHT DOGY?

=P

The same way everyone else deals with lasers. Fullhop aerial over them, waveshield, powershield, running powershield, dash attack under if they're high, stuff like that.

I wouldn't recommend caping unless they're really far away.

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
I hate people who say that Doc is better than Mario because of the tier list

Doc=Mario it is just a matter of preference that determine the 2. Doc can kill easier but is recovery is **** and he have less reach while Mario excel more at comboing and edgeguarding and have a better reach and recovery.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
sorry to interrupt, but just 3 stocked by bro's sheik twice in a row XD.

F-air is much more useful that I used to think.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I know that Doc has some cool setup ko on everyone well expect samus but we should really make a guide from what % we should dthrow\uthrow into fair it would be really useful

Oh elven I'm wondering how does Doc deal with Falco Laser ?
cape if he's far away enough to where he cant jump on you by going over that laser, or if you know he's going to SH a second one, or if you know he's not going to approach. If he's close enough to where he can just jump over the laser, you have to mix up your response to what he does, which would be something along the lines of

-Fullhop
-shield
-spotdodge
-roll
-take the hit as he comes in (azen strat)

it's really like anybody else for how you get around with it, the doc part comes from what you do when you get around it.

Yeah, man, SOMEONE SHOULD REALLY MAKE THAT THROW TO FAIR GUIDE, RIGHT DOGY?
Hey, dont you dare throw caps at me. I've got the ballpark numbers memorized, that's good enough for me.

I hate people who say that Doc is better than Mario because of the tier list

Doc=Mario it is just a matter of preference that determine the 2. Doc can kill easier but is recovery is **** and he have less reach while Mario excel more at comboing and edgeguarding and have a better reach and recovery.
Im glad people are finally buying into my quote.

__

Speaking of recovery, i wanna play mario vs some scrubby jiggs just so i can dunk that maa****er as i come back to the stage.

That's just some random thing I wanna do now.

I'm over my ICs f.throw f.air meteor kick. That junk is fun as hell.

I dunno what I wanna do next. I think I wanna do some Sethlon combos (Roy d.tilt -> d.air spike -> f.smash) or some kinda Luigi shinryuken combos.

...*shrug* i dunno. >.>

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Play him like you do falcon: watch out for his aerials, grab combos, and try to get him off and gimp him as early as possible. Also, if he like using aerials, feel free to pill spam, but once he starts simply jabbing them, keep up on, but just like falcon's nair/marths f-air, make sure not to keep on when it's unsafe.

Beware the jab
Beware the f-air--it's better than your aerials.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Mebbe you should work your Falco =P

Also, haha... caps... ballpark...
I am, but im talkin about another character to play for some fun. Im actually trying to make my falco usable, and I play him enough regardless. But like, I want something else that's just kool as **** to do that you dont see all the time. I just remembered DK side-b spikes. Those ****s are hilarious.

What should I do in the Doc vs Ganon?
Um, kinda fight, cheat, and still your way close to him, and then when you get in, unload a ****ton of u.airs, jabs, and alot of low recovery fast moves. But if he creates any kind of distance, abort the mission or prepare to be launched by a f.air/b.air. Oh, and if he FHs on your shield with a d.air, unless you come OoS with an u.air immediately, dont go out at him or he'll probably DJ another d.air on your head.

Double Ds, that **** is funny.

Ganon's got more range than you, and is actually "fast enough" to keep up with you, so you have to put some thought into how you approach or you're going to run into retreating f.airs all day. And try not to telegraph fullhop anything if you're close to him, or you're asking to get u.aired.

Get him off the stage and edgeguard. One thing to know is that if he's coming high or has a jump, dont be blatently obvious when you jump out to you... or he's just gunna jump and d.air you. (Ganon can defend himself as he recovers).

If he's got you off the stage, you have to pick a direction and pray. He's got alot more stuff to stop you from coming in low, but the stuff he has to stop you from coming high is just as good (i.e., the tipman edgeguard).

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Bait?

You still have to be careful about that, cause you bair something like a f.air and you're liable to run into the Terrorist Fist Jab.

*****edit*****

*laughs* I was talking to homemadewaffles about this a few hours ago.

Who cares? None of us are ****ing amazing. Like, there are alot good docs, but as a whole, we're not ****ing amazing.

That's part of the problem of "why it's so hard to get good with doc." Nobody's that ****ing good so there's nothing to cookie cut off of.

I think i know what you're getting at by asking this. Hell, ill try my part at being telepathic. You're gunna have to go look at a bunch of different docs to figure out how to play doc.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I play Doc on the edge! Caution is for nubs!

I think Ganon's uair is scarier than the fair.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I'd buy that, considering he can ****ing FH u.air waveland. That **** is just comical.

Hell, any sort of wavelanding/platformdashing with ganon is ****ing comical. Ganons who can perfect waveland are some of the scariest things ever created.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Sure, why not.

I mean, you live near iori, and iori can play pretty much any character in the game, im pretty sure some doc rubbed off on you.

So ok, you wanna be the best doc player? Congrats.

Now stop playing that ****ty *** pichu and get a real character to challenge Kirby! - The greatest freedom fighter in all of the land!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Dogy, don't you beat SmashMac in Doc dittos?
OOooooooohh i've been waiting for somebody to hit this topic anywhere on smashboards again.

At fast1, yeah i did beat $mac in (i think) every doc ditto we played.

here's the thing though.
For some odd reason, the smash community is the only community that has a dumb standard of "If 1 person beats another person in a ditto, that makes him the better player".

Elven, dont get me wrong, im not trying to be an ***, but this is one point I just love shoving down everybodys face in smash, cause this is the only place where it happens.

To prove my point, $mac and I finished in the exact same place at fast1.

So who's better? Who knows, but all dittos proved is that I'm better at fighting a doc with doc than he is. That's all dittos ever prove.

--------

pichu better than kirby? That's being debated right now in the pichu forums. They're bad enough, that's the point.

And sheik actually is better than marth, marth just has better matchups against spanimals and good enough matchups vs the rest of the cast to wind up better. I mean, sheik is actually "marth's bad matchup"

YES I HAVE ONE TAB ON HERE AND I PERIODICALLY HIT F5. IM ALSO PLAYING MY PS2 AND WATCHING TV. DONT WORRY, IM NOT CRAZY.

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
good thing Shiek counter Marth because I totally hate this matchup with Doc

Edit : Doesn't CF have the advantage on FD against Marth ?

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Sheik feels... I dunno, so limited.

Someone needs to come up with a formula to figure out what player is better than whom.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Capfal having an advantage on Marth on FD.

.... *pokes his head out of the topic room and looks up*

Go ask our neighbors above us. That sounds a lil too specific for here. >.>

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Ya know, I just had a quick talk with elven on aim before he went to go **** maa****ers with a Leeroy Hammer, and lemme clarify something.

__

Dittos.

It's generally accepted that they dont prove who's better than who, it's true. If you're good at them, it shows you know how to fight a character with that same character.

The only time that really holds any importance is when you play characters that you see in tourney all the time. I.e., if somebody were to save marth dittos prove something, that would hold a little weight because you actually see marths in tourneys. Alot. As for us. Who here has actually played another doc in tourney? Hell, who has played another doc in pools? I know I havent, cause there arent alot of docs. It doesnt really matter if I can beat a doc or not, i've gotta know how to beat fox, falco, etc etc.

Another thing that gets lost in translation about dittos is if said person actually plays the ditto match. Such as, alot of Falco players play Fox because they hate Falco dittos. So sure, guy #2 might be better at the falco ditto, but guy #1 doesnt care cause he plays fox vs falco anyway.

Top Bottom