• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Only way to win if you don't have good range like doc, mario, ness, and kirby, but yet you still can't win. LOL
LMFAO THATS SO TRUE XD.

wow Reading this thread is really useful =D

Desh imma reap your Doc when ever you sleep over =D

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
^ the Link boards is gay.
i like this one better =D
Desh you should learn to Platform kill its really gay.
Throw someone up a platform to waveland on platform to Dsmash or Fsmash is ****.
Though throw to platform to Fair is just .. ridiculous.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
****ing get out of our apparently useful doc threads =[ u have your own! lol jk <3
dude, i keep tellin everyone.

Those ****ing Links.

They're plottin something. I can smell it like a fresh bucket of chicken from Popeye's.

They're going to take over the world, and not even MK will be able to stop them.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Dogy: i know you love me sweety =D
The Link boards are usually ran by like 4 guys.
Stos, Sklur, Spafe & ElvenArrows and Soap is starting to post there too.
its boring, here thiers like 8 guys running this which is **** =D

Desh

Smash Ace
people with color'd text should get candy.
i'm only saying this because im trying to force myself to do it.
i've tried doing this whole color'd text thing before, i just always forget, quick reply is there, and its soooooo

convenient =/

soap

Smash Hero
<3 link boards

sheik boards have too much drama nowadays, i try talking about a technique, next thing i know P is moneymatching half the continent

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
<3 link boards

sheik boards have too much drama nowadays, i try talking about a technique, next thing i know P is moneymatching half the continent
XFD

I need to take more trips down to that half of the character boards.

But everytime i go down there, I get distracted by the Yoshi boards. Im waiting for them to finish the beta character.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Yeah I was visiting the Sheik boards couple days ago and then I was P and i just went to the Link boards.

I need to start going around more.

desh i know you like the colour bby.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
lolz

Sheik boards suck.

Except for soap's tricks and stuff on floaties and whatever nothing useful or even interesting gets discussed there.

Most of what I learn about Sheik is from poking Teczero and asking him what M2K and the gay EC Sheiks do lolz and then stealing it. But idk I think Sheiks just need more ways to get grabs on Fox and Falco to win lolz I think Sheik has the power to kill Fox out of single grab pretty easily if Sheik's any good and it's actually easier to do that Falcon style repeated knock-over tech chase with Sheik 'cuz her key moves have less startup, less cooldown, and more range lol. It's really easy to learn Fox's tech animations and get the easy reaction, you have like a 6 frame window of error so it's not even that hard to hit.

Oh right these are the Doc boards.

Doc is cool.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Haha, true that soap.

Dude... so... FFTA2 is out? @_@ I'm so behind the times... I only played the first one... I can't believe the nerfed Assassins... they were so cool... and of course, the Paladin/Hunter. Does Dual Wield still need 999 AP to master?

EDIT: Gah, wtf... ninja'd by three people?!

Desh

Smash Ace
lol
me and kirbykazes convos go on for hours .
literally.
well depends how quickly we get side tracked with silly internet memes and low tier discussion
ANYWAYYSSS
OFF TO BED =]
bye guys <3

wisl

Smash Journeyman
... *shrugs*

Not winning. I mean heck, what do you call an "important tournament", cause that's a pretty broad question.

aaaand this is why the question is vague. What's a big enough tourney, what's good enough people?

yeah sorry about my question being vague. I was hoping people who've been around for longer would just know some placements that stood out in their time.
But I'll look at that thread you mentioned, otg.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
beta character?
huh?
Yoshi, he's a beta character. never finished him.

I mean ****, he doesnt have a 3rd jump, he can use his up+b over and over again as he recovers, and he cant jump out of shield. They completely forgot to finish him.

Haha, true that soap.

Dude... so... FFTA2 is out? @_@ I'm so behind the times... I only played the first one... I can't believe the nerfed Assassins... they were so cool... and of course, the Paladin/Hunter. Does Dual Wield still need 999 AP to master?

EDIT: Gah, wtf... ninja'd by three people?!
FFTA2's been out for..... half a year? Or something like that.

__

KK, what kinda stuff you talkin about? Reading the sheik forums looks like it might take some real effort right now.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
<3 link boards

You forgot to mention how skilled he is at telling Europeans how much they suck while hiding on the other side of the globe, lol

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Ya know.

In retrospect, talking about FFT and me saying it wasnt exactly "broken".

I will say the fight at the end of Ch. 3 on top of Riovannes Castle is one of the dumbest fights ever to exist in sRPGs. Hell, one of the dumbest scenarios to exist in all games period.

otg

Smash Master
Ok so I promised vids... here they are. They are best of 3 sets, and I recorded 8 total, 4 of them being Doc... with two of them uploaded right now, so you'll see the other two later (they were both worth Fox):

OTG (Doc) vs. Niko (Marth) <- Proud of this one.
OTG (Doc) vs. SH3L (Falcon)

Yeah, Niko's Marth has given me nothing but problems over the last few months, and lately I've been trying some different things, so peep it

EDIT:

LOL, in response to these videos:
Dogysamich (2:53:47 PM): you just b.air'd this dude so nasty my power went out XD

Falcinho

Smash Ace
so basically you shoot some pills (lol shoot i'm a Falco main obviously ^^')
to make him jump+cut through the pills with aerials.

Then you rush in and punish him with dashattacks and dsmashes.

If he gets afraid and stays grounded he has difficulties to approach through your wall of pills.

and bairs

loads of them ^_^

I like that =D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I posted a comment. ;3

Falcoinho don't forget marth still has a super long SWORD OF DOOM. D:

otg

Smash Master
Well the way I see it, Pill spam is only a temporary solution to a much bigger problem lol. When you pill spam you control the pace of the match (very important), but at some point if you want to do damage YOU have to approach, not the other way around. If you notice I try to stay right outside the tipper range most of the time so you can get in quick the second you see a chance.

Another thing I started doing a lot (thanks to Dogy's advice), was spacing with Doc's WD on the ground (otgizle baby). Instead of dashing in, WDing with a Jab or Dsmash can really put Marth at the disadvantage, and almost negates his Grab game. Besides that, I was just catching onto patterns and what not, so yeah thanks for the kind words guys.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
so basically you shoot some pills (lol shoot i'm a Falco main obviously ^^')
to make him jump+cut through the pills with aerials.

Then you rush in and punish him with dashattacks and dsmashes.

If he gets afraid and stays grounded he has difficulties to approach through your wall of pills.

and bairs

loads of them ^_^

I like that =D

That works if they let it. There are like, a bunch of the universal ways to deal with projectiles marth can use (block, roll, spotdodge, attack, move, etc), pills specifically, marth can just f.air/n.air clean through them. Dont get me wrong, if marth is willing to just sit there and try to swing through them all the time, take advantage of it, but pills is not winall in this matchup.

Top Bottom