• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Doc's Tornado is terrible in terms of priority. First hit has no knockback. And I mean NO knockback. Like phantom hit no knockback. And the rest of the hits are slow. I don't know why you'd use it.

Anyway, I'm a little tired of explaining priority over and over again, and not many people seem to know how it works, so here's how it goes.

GROUND VS GROUND

Priority is simple here. If your attack is within eight damage of your opponent's, they will clank. If your attack is stronger, his attack will clank and yours will power through and vice versa. Disjointed hitboxes do not affect this.

GROUND VS AIR OR AIR VS AIR

Priority doesn't exist here. Both people will trade hits, unless you have a disjointed hitbox and your opponent's attack doesn't actually connect with your character.

PROJECTILES

Projectiles are always clankable, whether by an aerial or a ground attack.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Well... I mean, an uncharged tippered fsmash from Marth is only twenty damage, so any of your smashes will clank that. If it's not tippered, it's only going to be like fourteen or twelve damage... I can't remember which. So any of your tilts can clank that.

So the gap isn't that big.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Oh man, completely random and offtopic pic i have to share with you guys.

I made it after seeing some people about the SS Metaknight again.

Im probably not going to make it through this weekend cause im gunna get jumped by a bunch of angry brawl players. XD

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lol they'd probaly be 12 to 13 year old's or something. Man I don't like Meta in brawl at all. I liked him in Kirby's Avalance, and thats it. He looked evil.

HiIH

Smash Lord
About the rules of priority...

Dash attacks clinks with untippered Marth Fsmashes alot... so that must mean that if an untippered fsmash does 20%, then a dash attack must do atleast 12%?

Also, that's cool, I never knew that.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Maybe it has something to do with TO4? Probaly not, and I'm just at home haha. Also a problem of mine is that I usually check my user Cp, not the boards, so there may be been some good topics I have missed out on, bad habit. xD

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Final Fantasy five is the best, or maybe six. :3 I love the old guy and his niece they were awesome.

Desh

Smash Ace
oh god. im so tempted to sig that but my e.c pride is preventing me XD
edit:
dogy im getting my new controller tomorrow morning x]
pic of it tonight prolly.
should be sexy 8D

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
control stick is the same, if you didnt notice.

But no, i had just gotten a triwing screwdriver (think i borrowed it from somebody, who knows) and i was messin around with different controller cases, coming up with cool color combos (with the like, 3 or 4 choices we had at the time? XD) and then i thought about a double c stick controller.

Then I was like "Well, I wonder if I could replace the cube analog with ps2 analog." and that's what happens.

For the record, you can actually do it, but you cant completely tighten your controller or else that happens *points up*.

It's not worth it. XD

DRD

Smash Lord
control stick is the same, if you didnt notice.

But no, i had just gotten a triwing screwdriver (think i borrowed it from somebody, who knows) and i was messin around with different controller cases, coming up with cool color combos (with the like, 3 or 4 choices we had at the time? XD) and then i thought about a double c stick controller.

Then I was like "Well, I wonder if I could replace the cube analog with ps2 analog." and that's what happens.

For the record, you can actually do it, but you cant completely tighten your controller or else that happens *points up*.

It's not worth it. XD
I noticed it; I didn't notice they were playstation sticks though

I thought they were just regular cube analogs and the c-stick had stopped working so you put another cube analog in its place

Anyways
I don't have the time or patience to do that
actually
I have the time

I just don't have the patience
I have the lazy

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
it doesnt take long at all. Nice for wanting to do **** with your own controller (replacing control sticks, button pads, triggers, etc) or just changing the case, so that you have one that most people dont have.

My main controller is the *** blue with a clear back, and my brawl controller is orange with a clear back. I never have a problem with "which controller is mine". XD

__

And yes, now my sig is a mediator. I made like, 4/5 of these so far, and im probably going to make 4/5 more.

Desh

Smash Ace
my main controller is purple on the bottom, silver on top.
But my new controller i just bought is getting painted, and my friend does awesome controller mods XD check these out. :p

this one has 2 nun chuck analogs, or it might have been classic controller, i forget, but he messed up on the luigi logo in the middle, (it was his first mod)

THIS. is his current controoler :p
personally cut the L out and backed it with plexy glass ^_^ .

one of my favourites XD
kneee ffttwwww

and some sexy 360 he did.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
About the rules of priority...

Dash attacks clinks with untippered Marth Fsmashes alot... so that must mean that if an untippered fsmash does 20%, then a dash attack must do atleast 12%?

Also, that's cool, I never knew that.
Tippered fsmash is twenty. Untippered is like fourteen or twelve or something.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Hey! We're talking about controllers here! Stay on topic!

None of this useful crap.

___

On a serious note.

2morrow (and sunday) is tipped off 4. And im going to try to complete my mission of "Recording matches against good people of every character." Hope I dont suck more than I usually do.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I'm cool with my black, scratched up, rubberless analog stick, askew c stick, and awful sounding trigger springed controller.

Honestly, I can't play on controllers with non messed up analog sticks now.

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
My only usable controller (the rest are broken to ****, or stolen by STKL and his NYU goons) has a slightly jammed L-button. The thing takes alot more force than usual to push in, and makes a hell of a racket. Not only do i get a tired wavedashing and L-canceling finger, but I piss everyone off with all the noise I make..

Still, i love the old thing.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have a purple/blue controller without the rubber on it. Now I am so used to it I john about other controllers I use, that are probaly newer haha. (and silver, wtf why do I john about that now)

Of course no one wants to use my controller ever.

Good luck Dogy at TO4 mang, represent the doc!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
man. So so far, i've been slacking hard on the vids. As in, none.

Got some teams matches recorded with alpha. You guys are going to get to see

1) The funniest match in existence vs dark sonic and rastlin (i know i spelled his name wrong, i cant remember off the top of my head). Oh lord there was some crazy strats going into that one.

2) Me airballing a game-winning Iverson to go into OT vs mike g and marty. *sighs*

____

I will say, all this stuff i've been talking on here is legit, but oh god im going to have to go back, reevaluate my game and just flat out get smarter.

>.>

Tomorrow is going to be scary.

__

Hope you guys liked the commentary, or what bit there was. IT was just like, 5 of us screaming into a mic for no **** reason. XD

AAAAAAAAAAND im out

Top Bottom