• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Oh man, commentating my own match was hilarious as hell.

I kinda realized how bad I am real quick when every other sentence out of my mouth was "Well, I ****ed up."

XD

that's just something you dont want to be saying very often if you're commentating your own match.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
That's all I wanted. XD

Trust me, im gunna come different next time. It's real weird listening to yourself talk after doing something like this. And I realize that literally every other word out of my mouth is some combination of pretty much every curse word you can think of. It just gets old real quick.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
actually no it doesnt, you did a real good job,

when it got a little more serious and close you got quieter, but thats understandable.

it was real good tho, ur a funny dude..

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Dogy, your Doc is always faster than I expect.

Also, haha you missed a jump cancel on the grab. I hate it when that happens.

Gea

Smash Master
That's all I wanted. XD

Trust me, im gunna come different next time. It's real weird listening to yourself talk after doing something like this. And I realize that literally every other word out of my mouth is some combination of pretty much every curse word you can think of. It just gets old real quick.
No dude, your **** was hilarious. I love how your Doc plays and you're interesting to listen to. Keep commentating and become DA Dave's successor.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Time for a real talk session.
actually no it doesnt, you did a real good job,
when it got a little more serious and close you got quieter, but thats understandable.
it was real good tho, ur a funny dude..
No dude, your **** was hilarious. I love how your Doc plays and you're interesting to listen to. Keep commentating and become DA Dave's successor.
Thanks, I really appreciate it. That's what it's all about, just havin a good time.

Dogy, your Doc is always faster than I expect.
Also, haha you missed a jump cancel on the grab. I hate it when that happens.
Yeah. Technical errors. Just means I need to grind them in more. I made a realization that weekend of how important it is to sit there and grind your technical stuff so it's really 100% even if God tries to impose his will against you (even though it's ok to miss one once in a blue moon, you just have to not let it damage you psychologically, which you can tell it kinda did through my commentary since I mentioned it, I'm going to make a point about this in a second).

____

I actually made the realization the day before the tourney when I was over in Stone Mountain playing Soul Calibur 4. (My point is very related, read this section).

I was over there playing a few people (Sword Lord and Shin Reiatsu... and some other random Maxi play that i've never seen, i dont even know his name), but what's important to know is that Killa6 was there. Killa6 is pretty ****ing good, Hilde/Setsuka main. He was trying to learn Ivy, so he played her most of the time, but when he got sick and tired of actually giving us a relative chance, he would pick either or. His Hilde is too **** good, but that's because Hilde is too ****ing good herself (Metaknight is a joke. He's actually a fair character that has to make numorous good reads to beat somebody. Hilde only has to make two or three specific reads to win a round).

But what's important about this conversation is his Sestuka. It is on point. He's very smart, knows how to read and adapt to people, and he's VERY, VERY, good at brickwalling people (brick walling is a tactic where if you have a sequence of events and your opponent responses the same and loses every time, you continue to do the sequence until your opponent changes). The thing that impressed me the most was his ability to nail his just frames. For anybody who knows Setsuka knows that her 1AAA and 1BB are crucial to her game, but you can only get the last hit from both if you nail the just frame (pressing the button at a specific frame. For 1AAA, you have to do 2 just frames). Throughout the night, I think I could count the times Killa6 accidentally missed a just frame on one hand, and he was high. (Im not kidding) What's even more impressive is that against Shin and Sword, at one point Killa6 started brickwalling them with constant 1BB spam because they always responded the same way afterwards. He could do it because he was going to hit the just frame everytime, without fail.

My point in all of this is that his tech skill is on point to where he has the option to do it at will and get the most out of the situation. There is no "ifs or ands" about it.

If I would have done as much drilling as he does (or that I think he's done at one point), then I wouldnt have missed my dunks.

___

Speaking of dunks, i'm calling throw -> f.air "Dunk" from now on. Just works. HMW and west coast is gettin upset that everybody is stealing "The Kobe" (not really, but it sounds funny to say that), so I'm just going to call it dunking from now on. The Alley Oop and the 3 Pointer is perfectly acceptable, too.

___

Now lets see if I can do something in here
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pdZLgqg2G1Y&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pdZLgqg2G1Y&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>
AW YEAH!! I GOT EMBEDDED VIDEOS.

Anyway, I had some funny stuff going in here. Mainly, I actually did America a few times. Just wanted to point this out to Jona. :p

I tried to do America in game 1 a few times, but I got freedom cancelled, so I had to take the ***** way out and wait till he was nowhere near me.

__

Uh.... *thinks* other stuff, other stuff.

I think ima start work on "The Infamous Doc Guide That I Will Probably Never Finish" again. I dunno. I might just do matchups.

I have the word document open, but I also started working on a guide to general fighting game mechanics, because I've had to explain the idea to people atleast once a day for the past week. Includes stuff like about how to not limit yourself ingame, the stages of a fight, and how each stage works.

I honestly think it'll be real good if I put some effort into it. Ask some people about what I've told them about defense. It's pretty enlightening. (I know i've told sumo. I forgot what other doc's i've told so far)

___

That's all I've got for now.

COME DOWN TO FORUM GAMES AND PLAY KOOL FORUM GAMES WITH ME, ALPHA, AND SUMO!!

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
LOL you mean DA's lil Mike, DA dave younger bro. that guy was a beast for his time. ahh *lost in random DA flashbacks*

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
hi guys i havent posted here in a while =(

Usmash any good for set ups? like Usmash fair or Usmash or like w.e. lol

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I use Pink Doc, actually. I rarely use Black, only if it were random.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Out of curiosity, why does EVERYONE use Black Doc?

(inb4 "you're a racist")
it's kind of funny how that works. I actually usually dont. I usually just scroll through the colors until somebody picks one. But ironically, when I get recorded is when I generally dont think about doing this.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey you can say you use ORAGE cuz doc has an orange under shirt when you go to pink. But yeah man

St. Viers

Smash Champion
up, up-smash on a grounded char can be used to set things up, because it has a different trajectory than up-smash on an aerial opponent.

Also, I use black doc because I just always shift the color one that way no matter what character I pick.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I think doc is better than link...if we're comparing my doc and my link >_>

I dunno, but Link just has so much more going for him in terms of range and projectile game...

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I think doc is better than link...if we're comparing my doc and my link >_>

I dunno, but Link just has so much more going for him in terms of range and projectile game...
thats so true.

seriously i hate campy links LOL.

but yeah i respect docs haha.

im gonna start using him again.

ive been using mario i dont know why.

also dogy is a mod now.

looks like hes gonna infract me when i trashtalk him over deshs aim username XD

Roman.

Smash Champion
<---- black doc

doc = link

gotta be more specific asking if usmash leads to anything (fastfallers, floaties, etc.)

i only use usmash oos against floaties when they're at high enough % to kill (which is rare)

other people like to use usmash sometimes while cging a fast faller

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
other people like to use usmash sometimes while cging a fast faller
thats how i basically use the Usmash.

but yeah usmash oos is pretty unpredictable i use it when im using mario but i dont when im using doc...
for some reaosn i can never hit Usmash to Uair LOL.

im such a scrub.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
note to self :
dont let stos near my computer
>_>
in two weeks its my turn to be naked at your house LOL no homo. :laugh:

but yeah doc vs. link keep working in this match up desh and you'll **** link seriously.

i might **** you really hard when its link vs. doc

but once you play other links your gonna do better against them than you facing me.

also i have a question

what moves do you guys use after Uair jugles but like your off stage. if you fair your gonna die.
do you just finish it up just an uair or will nair do the job.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
also dogy is a mod now.

looks like hes gonna infract me when i trashtalk him over deshs aim username XD
I'm glad you think i'm nice enough to wait for you to trash talk me. I personally prefer the high octane offense, so i'll just go for the eject button first.

I KID I KID CALM DOWN PEOPLE, ABORT THE MISSION.

I like throwing embedded videos around now, but im not mindlessly going around ****in peoples' e-days up (yet)

___

Speaking of embedded videos.

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZGoLCva7bZg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZGoLCva7bZg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

Desh

Smash Ace
i hate you dogy,
i wanna embed videos
I WAAANNTT TOOO =[

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZGoLCva7bZg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZGoLCva7bZg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Bob$ dancing

You know that part in the DBR Evolution Bob Money video where Bob Money starts dancing? Well, I made it into a gif. Apparently there already is a gif of this. Oh well

Desh

Smash Ace
i beet you think you're pretty clever,
DONT you dogy >=[

I WILL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH.
I WILL I SAY.
I WIIIILLLL.
-runs off to evil video embed'ing lab-

Desh

Smash Ace
naw we're to good for silly american smashers.
LOL jk,
but id ont think so,
i dont have money
=[

idk about stosie-poo
LOL

Top Bottom